• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE EM CHRISTMAS GUARD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wakoku is scheduled for a council meeting with the Yamato EM at 22:00 Japanese time today; their toy box is to be set up following the meeting.
you posted that at 22:38 Japanese time, so im assuming you mean tomorrow (for us - sat morning)

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you posted that at 22:38 Japanese time, so im assuming you mean tomorrow (for us - sat morning)
IF its 10:00 pm on Dec 20 in Japan its 5:00 am Dec 20 in California or Pacific standard time .
I cant read much of the town criers but the numbers 20 and 22 appear since no sighting yet at Wakoku you could be right Mojo

Last edited:

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually, if they had thiers on the 20th that was last night for us.
they are like 16 hours ahead of us.
so almost a day ahead of us.

so if their event was planned for the 20th at 10pm that would have been...... this morning for us, like 8 hours ago?

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually, if they had thiers on the 20th that was last night for us.
they are like 16 hours ahead of us.
so almost a day ahead of us.

so if their event was planned for the 20th at 10pm that would have been...... this morning for us, like 8 hours ago?
ya so Im thinking the 20 on the town criers is the time and 22 is the date couldnt read the rest since it was in japanese and since we havent seen the chest yet Im guess we will see it tomorrow in North america

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The EM's site said "December 20 (Friday) ------ · 22:00 - Wa Shard / Council", and I was told that he'd said over on Yam that he'd be setting up the toybox after that meeting.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Not that I've heard.

Re Wak, if the box didn't already hit, it looks like Monday's its last chance: "December 23 (Monday holiday) ------ · 21:00 - Wa Shard / Sarakueru investigation team Act2"

Formosa should have maybe hit yesterday? Has anyone checked out the maze and puzzle area from the 12th there - http://formosa.uoem.net/ ?

Legends - I'd guess today's event for it to hit... WARNING, looks like legends.uoem.net has been hit by a virus; esp if you're running Windows, don't go there. :p

Balhae - I'd missed the "2012" in the post there; they've had no events scheduled for a year, as of tomorrow...

Arirang - May be as late as the 28th???
Happy Holiday, travelers and adventurers! You will have a special quest at 28th December 2013. The quest starts at 10:00 PM based on KST and this event has no RPC or EM at all. You are free to start any time after 28th December 2013 10:00 PM till January 1st. To begin with, you need to find secret snow cave in northern Island where dungeon Deceit located. After you find it, begin talk with the man there by saying “Hello”! Then he’ll tell you something about the quest and what you need to do. Enjoy it!
Siege - no clue ?

Europa - possibly tonight?
at the Shrine of Compassion in Trammel for the Winter Solstice on December 21st at 6:00pm GMT

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Formosa is active. there is a hole outside the EM hall but It is impossible to do without a good character.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is now in plac and working - It is at the North of Dagger Isle in a cave - Event finished there tonight.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Formosa is active. there is a hole outside the EM hall but It is impossible to do without a good character.
what sick joke is this, i go all the way down the hallway, make it all the way to the end and it says double click the chest..... there is no chest!!!!

i drop into the other hole, nothing but traps shooting.
no chest.

so the EM pulled the chest already but left up the maze of death?

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what sick joke is this, i go all the way down the hallway, make it all the way to the end and it says double click the chest..... there is no chest!!!!

no chest.

Bad Bad EM makes Bennu look like an Angel (well - twisted one)

Last edited:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

no chest.

I was able to get mine last night. Once you go through the other hole there are several gates to go through...I took the one to the left after 3 other gates that took me back to the beginning and that left-most gate took me to the box. I tried to do it on another character today and it wasn't that gate. This was a newbie character and it took me a long time to get even to the gates so I tried again on the character that I got the statue on to at least find out which gate to do if I wanted to try again and I'm pretty sure I tried them all with no success getting to the box.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
little strange how you make it down the hallway and it tells you at the end congrats and click the chest, no chest.
so you go to the room of pain and moongate and no chest.

i hit a couple of the moongates but all took me back to the beginning.

if i had more insurance money on that shard id consider doing it again but that is just a brutal thing to do with that much lag.
id be half way dead from poison before i even know i was poised!

so frustrating.
to collect all the toy dolls and miss this shard because of this.
and i like hard quests!
but there has to be a treat at the end to make it worth while!!!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its mean how you have to deviate from the safe path and get smoked by the hallways trap, it wouldnt be so bad with everything shooting you if you didnt have to worry about all the stuff blocking the path

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He did something similar for the roses last February. The clicky was in the hall of death in the Underworld but only stayed up until server down the day the event started.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Legends: Brit EM hall gate

For Europa, is there any way to get to the toybox if you don't have a rune to the island or a boat?

For Formosa, can anyone confirm if the toybox is still there, or not, and if it is, give directions through the maze?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'For Europa, is there any way to get to the toybox if you don't have a rune to the island or a boat?'

NO.

There were people on General Chat last night gating to the toybox, Anyone having problems getting there will probably get help if they talk and ask on General Chat. I think it will be there for another 4 days.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just on dagger isle? If so can use crystal portal.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just on dagger isle? If so can use crystal portal.
europe yes its on dagger island its in the ice cave. dungeon deceits you could use the dungeon portal one, but i took a boat there and back with all 4 chars

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
europe yes its on dagger island its in the ice cave. dungeon deceits you could use the dungeon portal one, but i took a boat there and back with all 4 chars
Here is what i did, used the crystal portal to get to Dagger Isle then ran to cave and just south of the cave there is a castle that has a town portal if you go upstairs with the ladder on the front steps.

So round trip i used the dungeon portal at a vendor house in NW Luna on the steps and then that castles town portal. Thank you to both of the owners on Europa!!!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If no one is on to gate you, look for a public dungeon portal to deceit then go around to NE part of the island there is a small ice cave mound not mining cave inside you will find toy box. Also I have found using the help key wll teleport you to the trammel town of your choice. I have done this on some shards, I'm lazy :), also remember Europa is like 5 to 6 hours earlier the EST. I'm sure there will be gates tomorrow at luna bank for players.
Looks like Formosa is going to be the rare one this year at this rate there will be very few of them, unless they change things.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa:

Use a crystal portal to go to Deceit then run to the North of the island.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I went to try out Formosa. I dropped down the hole into an area looking like the abyss. As soon as I started to walk instant death (77 hit points in one go).

Wow, and people were moaning about Atlantics!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone got any tips for the Formosa one? I tried walking along and die every time :-(

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its the same as doing the maze normally except they have blocked the route in a couple places to force you to get off the trail and get hit.

that and they have those towers constantly shooting at you.

its just a bad situation.

basically you just take a step, heal heal, step, heal, step, heal all the way to the end.
then you go into the end room and die, haha, but there is a res place there.

no way you can do it without a trained toon to heal yourself and a resist suit on.
my guy is GM mage and i barely made it down the hallway, and i know how to do the hallway!

you need to get a compass from the side room at the beginning then follow the arrow one step at a time.
the arrow always points to which direction is clear from where you are currently standing.
so typically that would be the direction you came from and the direction you need to go.
but like i said, the EM blocked the passage in a couple places to force you off to take the hits from the traps.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bah humbug!

that EM on Formosa needs a swift kick in the nutz!

i went back in to try a couple more moongates and made it through to the end.... moongates are now gone.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nothing more disappointing then trying to complete a full set of something just to get stonewalled at the end.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way you can do it without a trained toon to heal yourself and a resist suit on.
my guy is GM mage and i barely made it down the hallway, and i know how to do the hallway!
Ah, my toon is a noob with only 50 skill in mage and no LRC suit!

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
OK, just talked to the Formosa EM, he said that the reward is still there - you need to go through the gauntlet with the compass, enter the hole right at the end of it - enter that. This brings you to another area full of rabbits. Then you need ot step on the correct rabbit - one will take you to the reward, the other 4 will loop you back to the beginning. He also said he has toned it down a bit from yesterday, and that there are healers all around.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Voodo Bad Mage
Legends is not through any gate.
Legends is in brit IN the old councilor's guild building (EM HALL)

I just logged on late on legends and got mine from EM Avalon. No tricks, traps or fights, just walk in and out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man this Formosa one is hard work! Still not even got half way. Some guy there just told me impossible on a new char :-(

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Ok , made it through the maze and got a toy, but it took a while and you need to be able to heal yourself. The EM did mention that he wants it to be a challenge, but on the final day he will adjust the difficulty down significantly. So, give it a try, otherwise wait till the last day and try it again (4 days left on the box....) (Formosa)

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM was there just now. Said he will make it easier on 25th. Happy Christmas!

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, just talked to the Formosa EM, he said that the reward is still there - you need to go through the gauntlet with the compass, enter the hole right at the end of it - enter that. This brings you to another area full of rabbits. Then you need ot step on the correct rabbit - one will take you to the reward, the other 4 will loop you back to the beginning. He also said he has toned it down a bit from yesterday, and that there are healers all around.
there are 10 rabbits

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voodo Bad Mage

I just logged on late on legends and got mine from EM Avalon. No tricks, traps or fights, just walk in and out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
thats what i said up above.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really disapointing form the Formassa EM..... get some bloody xmas spirit!!!...so weve got to snub familys etc and log in on xmas day!!! for easier quest......rightio....silly stupidness

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what shards wont be in the 2013'' xmas toy collection''

Wakoku [none]
Arirang [none]
Balhae [none]
Formossa [Em self omitted]

Siege [none] /mugden [got] ....alas cant xshard these two.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On siege at luna bank there is a shield not word for word but has on it christmas was stolen dec 21 em hall.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what shards wont be in the 2013'' xmas toy collection''

Wakoku [none]
Arirang [none]
Balhae [none]
Formossa [Em self omitted]

Siege [none] /mugden [got] ....alas cant xshard these two.
I went back and tried the new and improved Formosa. EM Takako was there helping us but he wasn't flat out giving us access to the box. He was giving us hints. Healing us. Showing the path through the maze. He said that the number of rabbits to choose from will be lowered as we get closer to Christmas. I think he is a great EM who wants us to have fun in that we feel like it is an accomplishment that we get this. So many times I have played games where because the complaining the game has been dumbed down and it has suffered for it.

There is currently a gate near the Luna gate to the EM Hall and one inside the maze back to Luna

What I did to get my Toy soldiers on newbie characters was:

Ninjitsu 50 (for dog form so I regened hps, the higher this is the more you regen)
Hiding 50 (I hid as much as I could so the bolts weren't always hitting me)
Magery 20 (I didn't use this at all)
bought some greater cure potions and greater heal potions which I didn't have to use as much on the new obstacle course
bought some stealthing,
It can still be hard but I am taking back when I said it was impossible. Now that there is a clear path 99% of the way through the maze that part isn't the hardest part.
I am not going to lie, I have a suit with some good mods like damage eater and hpi but I still think it can be done without it.

Last edited:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
[QUOTEI went back and tried the new and improved Formosa. EM Takako was there helping us but he wasn't flat out giving us access to the box. He was giving us hints. Healing us. Showing the path through the maze. He said that the number of rabbits to choose from will be lowered as we get closer to Christmas. I think he is a great EM who wants us to have fun in that we feel like it is an accomplishment that we get this. So many times I have played games where because the complaining the game has been dumbed down and it has suffered for it.][/QUOTE]

This was my impression as well

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege toybox is up in luna near the stables you have to get threw the reindeers. What I trouble maker that EM on seige making us go threw the reindeers. j/k lol

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege toybox is up in luna near the stables you have to get threw the reindeers. What I trouble maker that EM on seige making us go threw the reindeers. j/k lol
Got mine and got it stolen before I could put it in the bank, welcome to Siege. No wonder no one wants to go there or play there.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well I can't find the Toybox in Luna on Oceania, did the EM move it again?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
thats what i said up above.
I know that's what you said up above; that's why I quoted you :) (sorry calling you bad mage instead of bad mojo). I was just pointing out how easy it was, a bit of a surprise after all the discussion on tricks and traps.

slippjeem

Looking for a whispering rose for Little
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
yea pricks stole one of mine too

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as soon as you get it pick it up and just hold it on your pointer as you walk
Now you tell me. Just color me stupid, never even thought of being stolen from in Luna, I'm a care bear what can I say. I don't belong there anyhow, good lesson. Trust me, I will not come again, I have no interest whatsoever in PVP or rulesets like Siege I guess. I just come to get the gifts and give them to a friend that does play there, but he won't get one this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.