• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I hit another speed bump ...... seen anything like this?

My Fame is @ 10540 and my Karma is @ 10575 .... yet Divine Fury is giving me 14 (not 15) for HCI ... 10 (not 15) for SSI ... 18 (not 20) for DI ..... DCI seems to be working as expected ... I'm getting -10

Any ideas? Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need 20K karma for max stats with Divine Fury.
Go kill Thrasher at fel grove or better yet, Balrons at either Tram or Fel Dungeon Blackthorn.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 20K karma for max stats with Divine Fury.
Go kill Thrasher at fel grove or better yet, Balrons at either Tram or Fel Dungeon Blackthorn.
Checked it out and corwinxx mentioned in another Thread. You Need 18,5k +

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Checked it out and corwinxx mentioned in another Thread. You Need 18,5k +
Yes, but why hang so close to the threshold when it is bloody easy to get 30K+ karma out of Balrons and get a few minax arties towards a new Blackthorn mace & shield? :p
Also, you build that sacrifice up pretty nicely by doing this and sacrificing all your fame on the way out on one of the mages. It is a Win-Win situation. :)

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am having a ball with my Dragoon ..... I started go to some places where I used to go with my ABC Archer .... this is so different .... running towards a battle instead of staying away ... I'm getting used to using my marcos a little ..... still need to learn about ones to break spells and such .... once I got past the anticipation Artic Orge Lords and White Wyrms almost get boring. I just took my 1st trip to Blackthorns Castle with my stealther to check things out ..... instantly got revealed by the Evil Mages and Balron .... and ran my ass out of there .....got to read about evil mages and balrons and then I'll head back in with GR .... think it makes sense to swap out anatomy for resist for the trip .... I'll keep all posted .... GR

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anatomy will help your survivability at that room better than resist spell.
None of them are necro casters, and you depend on damage to keep leeching life. Anatomy == more damage == more life leeched. Don't worry about resist spell there.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Bealank .... BTW, I just put together Dragon Slayer, Repond Slayer, and Demon Slayer Double Axes with HSL 50, HLL 81, HML 81, and DI 50% ..... those suckers hit hard .... just trying to get a feel for things it was hitting for 150-175 per shot on a White Wyrm ... just about NEVER swung without hitting ... EOO, DF, CW, drinking a GS and GA Potion. I wasn't getting much other than some spells on me ...

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well I was feeling brave ... headed on over to Blackthorns Dungeon .... turned left at the hallway towards the Evil Mages and those suckers were on me faster than stink on **** ..... I tried my best .... buttons were flying .... I got a few of them .... but in about 15 seconds low life was flashing before my eyes ... the next thing that was flashing was MY life ..... and then I heard the subtle cry as everything turned from color to many shades of grey .... DAMN

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Use a faster weapon on them. They're weak and wimpy and you shouldn't be suffering to kill them.
Also, they are repond slayer, weak to fire. The balrons are weak to energy. Important to know when making DS weapons.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OK .... lesson learned

I read a little on Stratics ..... if I read it correctly the Evil Mages were most vulnerable to cold

Evil Mage Resists.jpg

So I made this .....

Evil Mage Weapon.jpg

What a difference ..... couple of potions .... EOO .... and one swing per Evil Mage ..... it was so different than the 1st time ..... so I'm thinking if I make a Balron weapon and head back ..... I wipe out the Evil Mages on the way thru ... change weapons ... and try my luck on the Balron

Thanks for the assist ... GR

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Use honor on yourself before you walk into the Evil Mage room and you can just walk right past them, and set up camp in the Balron room at the back of the room, and the mages won't bother you. Then by the time you've killed a handful of the Balrons, you've got your Honor virtue points built back up anyway.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Or just get in their room, get as much of them as you can on you, slaughter them and move to the Balron area.
If some of them follow you, just use momentum strike to kill them as you hit the balron.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OK .... off topic .... another dumb question .... how the heck does one talk to another player in the game while using the Enhanced Client .... people that I meet in the game must think I am REALLY RUDE ... I can never figure out how to talk back to them :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Press enter and type. If your text input isn't showing yellow, press enter and type /s and press space. It will bring it back to the "say" option, which allows you to talk to other people.
To use the general chat, you can use /chat [your_text_here], to talk to the guild, use /guild [your_text_here].

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I saw you have the Shame bracelet that was embued. I assume it started off as 10ssi with no other mods. Are those still around?

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought it somewhere. It had 10 ssi and lmc on it. If you play on Atl i think you can find a similar one for sale

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With this template you can't just drink potions because you use 2H weapon. So you need press a key 'switch equipment' (to 1H or Balanced 2H weapon). Since there is no difference between switching to 1H weapon and switching to 1H weapon + EP jewels there is no any profit in having EP on your main jewels.

Casting more DF means some delay before you get stamina by casting DF and sometimes you haven't enough time to activate your special move. With 75+ HML on your weapon it's better to reduce stamina loss over HML.

Meph and Narvey are easy even with 60 Parry. Against Slasher you need 120 Parry. As to my experience 120 Parrying without Healing is about the same as 60 Parrying + 120 Healing. All you need is to drink one GH while stunned under Stone Shower.
I bought it somewhere. It had 10 ssi and lmc on it. If you play on Atl i think you can find a similar one for sale
I do play on ATL but had no luck finding one. Any idea where they come from? Where to farm?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If you're looking for relatively clean 10 SSI jewelry, the name of the game is volume (you'll want to write a loot analyzer for the EC), but not quality, and do something like set up camp in the Troglodyte cave. The reason I suggest there is that they've got a strange loot table where they have a high number of low end items. Farming something like Balrons, or the named creatures (Miasma, Thrasher) tends to give you items with too many properties.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're looking for relatively clean 10 SSI jewelry, the name of the game is volume (you'll want to write a loot analyzer for the EC), but not quality, and do something like set up camp in the Troglodyte cave. The reason I suggest there is that they've got a strange loot table where they have a high number of low end items. Farming something like Balrons, or the named creatures (Miasma, Thrasher) tends to give you items with too many properties.[/QUOTE

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could you mind explaining that a little more? Ive only been playing about a month and never heard of loot analaizer. I do play in EC. The frogs are in painted caves IIRC.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The EC has a built in scripting engine that lets you do... well just about anything you can dream up to do in game.

The reason I'd suggest use of a loot analyzer (Pinco's UI has one built in, but I'm not sure if it is customizable) is that when you're in there, you can kill the Trogs WAY faster than you can, by hand open a corpse, hover over each ring/brac, decide to loot it, loot it, and close the corpse.

In it's simplest incarnation, your loot analyzer would detect that a gump of type "corpse box" has been opened, and would loop through the items therein, and when it finds items with the properties you've decided, it can highlight them so you can loot them. This can be done with maybe as little as 10 lines of code, if you know what you're doing, and you'd like to be quick and dirty about it.

If you've got no background in coding, this might be tough to manage. I'm a software engineer by day, and I've not bothered to do this yet because... well it feels an awful lot like "work" when what I'm trying to accomplish is "fun" when I'm in the game.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The EC has a built in scripting engine that lets you do... well just about anything you can dream up to do in game.

The reason I'd suggest use of a loot analyzer (Pinco's UI has one built in, but I'm not sure if it is customizable) is that when you're in there, you can kill the Trogs WAY faster than you can, by hand open a corpse, hover over each ring/brac, decide to loot it, loot it, and close the corpse.

In it's simplest incarnation, your loot analyzer would detect that a gump of type "corpse box" has been opened, and would loop through the items therein, and when it finds items with the properties you've decided, it can highlight them so you can loot them. This can be done with maybe as little as 10 lines of code, if you know what you're doing, and you'd like to be quick and dirty about it.

If you've got no background in coding, this might be tough to manage. I'm a software engineer by day, and I've not bothered to do this yet because... well it feels an awful lot like "work" when what I'm trying to accomplish is "fun" when I'm in the game.
Yeah maybe a little much for me. Never done any coding before.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah maybe a little much for me. Never done any coding before.
Hi JFSF .... if I were you I'd give the scripting engine a try .... even if you haven't done any coding. It's a real friendly tool .... lots of pictures that tell you what you want to do .... drag and drop into a sequence of boxes that get run in order ... no programming languages to learn. Start real simple .... try drinking a potion. Then try taking that two handed weapon out of your hand, drink the potion, and put the weapon back in your hand. You may be surprised. The 1st time you get something to work you'll be real happy with yourself. Play with it in safe surroundings .... and start small ... and even more .... have a good time. The drag and drop interface (click on create macros) is a real good place to start.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi JFSF .... if I were you I'd give the scripting engine a try .... even if you haven't done any coding. It's a real friendly tool .... lots of pictures that tell you what you want to do .... drag and drop into a sequence of boxes that get run in order ... no programming languages to learn. Start real simple .... try drinking a potion. Then try taking that two handed weapon out of your hand, drink the potion, and put the weapon back in your hand. You may be surprised. The 1st time you get something to work you'll be real happy with yourself. Play with it in safe surroundings .... and start small ... and even more .... have a good time. The drag and drop interface (click on create macros) is a real good place to start.
I'd give it a try. I've created some macros already to switch between normal suit and luck suit when the last couple hits on monsters. But never anything harder than that.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd give it a try. I've created some macros already to switch between normal suit and luck suit when the last couple hits on monsters. But never anything harder than that.
Does this work on EC clients? That's what I'm used to. Where do you find these script engines at?

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In EC first click on the "MACRO" button ...

macro.jpg

Then when it opens up click on create ...

create.jpg

And the tool opens ....

open.jpg

You drag and drop icons from the right screen into the small square spot on the left screen ..... just keep building the chain of icons ....

You see the left and right arrows on the top of the equipment panel .... click on those and you'll see more choices ...

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Speaking of macros .... if there any way that one can edit a file and write macros in some scripting language .... I'd love to be able to edit and copy macros without the drag and drop interface ...

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK I got that on creating macros. But is there a way to only loot certain items just with a macro? Or better yet know anyone who has a 10 ssi braclet for sale?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There is a search feature on containers, and that include monster corpses too.
Click the magnifying glass icon, type in swing speed and click the search button. If any items in the loot have the swing speed property, they will show in the list.
Hover over them to see their modifiers.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For some reason I never thought of killing troglodytes instead of balrons or other higher end monsters for SSI jewelry. I'm gonna have to do some of that this week and hope I get lucky. I really do wanna try out a 2/6 setup.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah pretty neat. But it looks like you have to have the item in your bag already to add to the organizer. But would work really well for farming most anything else. Thanks for sharing.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use organizer macroes to prevent chaos in my backpack (Organize weapon sets and armor to separate bags) really a mess if i die.

Never tried this for looting but i think it doesnt work very well because it loots the exact item with the same item id.

In your case you can use extra mods like fc, fcr, hci, lmc in addition to 10 ssi. But you would never loot them because they have another item id.

Last edited:

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup guess I will continue to farm for one and spam GC trying to buy one and see which happens first.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys ... been having fun in the Balron Room .... must say those guys don't give you any time to check corpses for loot before another one spawns ... I'm usually rumaging thru a corpse while I'm doing battle with the Balron .... must say I DO LOVE THAT LOW LIFE THAT FLASHES ACROSS THE SCREEN.

I'm gonna play around with two different Bladed Staffs ....

Both Demon Slayers ..... and both enhanced with agapite .... and both with DI 50%

The difference is gonna be one is HML 100 ... HLL 75 ... HSL 50 ...... the other is gonna be HLL 100 .... HML 75 .... HSL 50.

I wanna see if I run out of mana or not with the HLL 100 one ....

Hey Duncan ... have you played with any modifications to the Dragoon template to include more Luck ..... maybe toned down a little so it's not a solo champ character .... but something real strong, with luck, to help with the loot ....

Geemarc

Visitor
Thank you for posting this great guide, I have been looking for a warrior build since I started playing again a few months ago. I was going to build a Sampire but after seeing this build I decided this was more my style (not a huge fan of necromancy).

I used to play a very long time ago (at least 12 years ago) when the game was very different. I always played a caster/tamer and that was the first character I made on my return, however over the past three weeks I have been slowly crafting and collecting a set of gear as you detailed to create this build. I have crafted a set of plate armour (with the correct resists) and reforged it with DCI and HCI and made a set of 100% HML and a set of 100% elemental damage weapons, although I am still collecting the imbuing materials to finish them. I have farmed artifacts in Blackthorn dungeon for the Obi and bought the sash and mace and shield glasses.

It took me 189 tinker quests in heartwood to get the essence of battle recipe which nearly drove me insane. I have tried three times now to replicate the ring with 5str, 8dex, 30DI, 1FC and 3FCR but I cant seem to get it to work. I have tried reducing the strength and dexterity to one before imbuing the FC and FCR but when I try to re-imbue the dexterity to eight it takes the total weight to 503 (even with only one strength). The best I have managed (which is very close) is 5str, 7dex, 30di, 1 FC and 3 FCR. I did this by reducing the strength and then imbuing the FC and FCR, I know the difference is only 1 dexterity but I am a bit of a perfectionist and this is going to bug me until I get it right. I have spent the past 3 hours in the Exodus dungeon on my thief and I have managed to collect another 2 captured essences, before I try again I was hoping you might have some further advice.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hey guys ... been having fun in the Balron Room .... must say those guys don't give you any time to check corpses for loot before another one spawns ... I'm usually rumaging thru a corpse while I'm doing battle with the Balron .... must say I DO LOVE THAT LOW LIFE THAT FLASHES ACROSS THE SCREEN.

I'm gonna play around with two different Bladed Staffs ....

Both Demon Slayers ..... and both enhanced with agapite .... and both with DI 50%

The difference is gonna be one is HML 100 ... HLL 75 ... HSL 50 ...... the other is gonna be HLL 100 .... HML 75 .... HSL 50.

I wanna see if I run out of mana or not with the HLL 100 one ....

Hey Duncan ... have you played with any modifications to the Dragoon template to include more Luck ..... maybe toned down a little so it's not a solo champ character .... but something real strong, with luck, to help with the loot ....
Against the balrons you want a 100% energy double axe. They have energy resist in the 40s (4 energy resist for the ones with 5x HP). Onslaught and double strike make it pretty easy to kill them while you loot the last one you've killed.
Also, double strike tends to leech more life on average when you are running this kind of build.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He has another thread about a luck suit for this char. Just switch between suits before the last couple hits for luck bonus.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Against the balrons you want a 100% energy double axe. They have energy resist in the 40s (4 energy resist for the ones with 5x HP). Onslaught and double strike make it pretty easy to kill them while you loot the last one you've killed.
Also, double strike tends to leech more life on average when you are running this kind of build.
Question .... are what weapons to use often chosen based on their special moves? And then always try to hit the opponents weakest resist? How do slayers come into play? When would a slayer be a property of choice?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Question .... are what weapons to use often chosen based on their special moves? And then always try to hit the opponents weakest resist? How do slayers come into play? When would a slayer be a property of choice?
Yes, weapons are always picked by their special moves. It is either AI or DS. DS is now usually more effective than AI thanks to onslaught, unless your target has too high resists or you are running chiv/bush mastery for the extra mana.
All the other specials simply don't compare to those in PvM.
With DS, you always go for the weakest resist, as long it is up to mid/high 60s, thanks to onslaught. Higher than that, AI pays off better, and in this case you often try to reforge 100 or as high hit mana leech as possible. With DS weapons, it is always the elemental damage that your slayer of choice tends to be more effective.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Duncan,

I'm working on getting some more mana ..... could you help me out and tell me what your BASE STR, DEX, and INT are ..... no increases, no buffs, etc .... Thanks

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think I'm OK Duncan ..... working with mine ... for some reason I couldn't get your numbers to add up for me. Anyway I tweaked my STATS a tad .... and I'm getting there.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Stats are St:120:, Dex 123, Int: 50
I adjusted them for doing champion spawns with 120 resisting spells. For other encounters they might have to be changed a bit

Geemarc

Visitor
I think that is his total stats including the ones from his armour.

So it would be

105 Strength + 15 from Armour
105 Dexterity + 18 from Armour
50 Intelligence

Total 260 (293 with armour)

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Duncan .... well I'm getting there ... learned to slow down a little on hitting those macro keys .... hitting one can cancel another and if your swapping rings and armor it's not so good ... I can pretty much just hang in there and kill the Balron now .... got fame and karma over 20k .... I sent my "traveling buyer" on over to Atlantic to shop around for some refinements ... wanna play with that a little .... this guy is for sure fun .... I know I'm not even at the tip of the iceberg but I'm learning lots along the way ..... the whole character balance is a great "brain puzzle" .... I'm liking it .... and never even realized the complexity of it all until now .... Thanks Duncan AND EVERYONE that's shared their knowledge with us in this thread ... I know it sure helped me ....

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Duncan what would you do with this char if you came across a 10ssi 35 do clean bracelet. Would you change anything to use it or save it for something else?

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Garrison, you got an ICQ I got something that might help you out a bit.