• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want 100 hml you need copper hammers, powerful, grand artifice, inspired artifice and the name vampiric / of the vampire (4 charges). You will need a couple of hammers though

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Duncan ....

I made the rounds this morning and marked runes .... if there is anyone playing on GL besides me here's the rundown on current trade agreements ...

Great Lakes Trade Agreements
Minoc - Merchants Association ... +2 Mana Regeneration
Britain - Guild of Arcane Arts ... +5% Spell Damage Increase
Moonglow - Merchants Association ... +2 Mana Regeneration
Jhelom - Guild of Assassins ... +5% Swing Speed Increase
Skara Brae - Guild of Arcane Arts ... +5% Spell Damage Increase
Yew - Bardic Collegium ... +1 Faster Casting
Trinsic - Guild of Assassins ... +5% Swing Speed Increase
New Magincia - Guild of Assassins ... +5% Swing Speed Increase

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Making Progress ..... thanks for the advice on the ReForging Duncan

Got my Bladed Staff ready to go .... and got the +5 SSI from a Trade Agreement in Jhelom ... started to work on my Karma too .... I've got to get used to fighting with a Melee Fighter .... my fighter has usually been an ABC Archer ... whole different beast

with_weapon.jpg

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For those that "may" be interested here's a comparison with and without Divine Fury .... BTW staying in DF doesn't seem like a big deal .... I know I haven't been in the middle of a giant spawn yet but I don't think I'll have a problem with it .... will have to check out some potions too ..... anyway here's the comparison.

I can see where I am overkill in HCI and short in a few others ... if I were to add GS and GA Potions in the mix using an Enhance Potion ring that could change things even more.

I've never looked this closely at the way everything works together .... I like it :)

divine fury.jpg

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man, why are refinements still so absolutely stupid? @Kyronix There's just way too many types.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Ender ..... crazy as it may sound my grey matter loves to play with this kinda stuff .....
I love the idea, it's just that I do t-maps or run around Felucca shops and get pissed off when I don't see a single platemail one.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Ender .... I can see where that could piss one off :)

Question: Has anyone done any benchmarking running macros in the background? Things like a macro that would cast Divine Fury, wait like 20 seconds and cast it again ..... make the macro to do this like 50 times and you end up with a single macro that keeps you in DF for a little over 16 minutes .... I'm sure your hardware would come into play ... but I was wondering if doing something like that would affect any "CRITICAL" aspects of the game .... I'm sure there are opinions, but I'd like to know if anyone has actually done any measurements.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure if this is necessary and possible. It may come into conflict with other spells You need to cast. I use a hotkey and just press the Button if it has to be refreshed. Sometimes you need to recast it earlier to replenish your stamina

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the idea, it's just that I do t-maps or run around Felucca shops and get pissed off when I don't see a single platemail one.
Problem with felucca Shops is there are other players that do the same and if they are not stolen they dont respawn so the first one gets all the good ones and only the ones that were actually stolen will respawn after some time

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im not sure if this is necessary and possible. It may come into conflict with other spells You need to cast. I use a hotkey and just press the Button if it has to be refreshed. Sometimes you need to recast it earlier to replenish your stamina
Great explanation ... hadn't thought about conflicting with something that I had to cast PRONTO

Shen Gallant

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Duncan I have had good results using this template since returning a year ago. I don't care for necromancy on my paladin and couldn't reach high damage on my pure paladin. Always appreciate your guides and any updates.
I have not tried using armor refinements yet. At what point in the crafting process can they be appiied? I have a good suit that can make the 5 cap in each and am not sure if I need to recraft or I can add to it. Thanks,

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duncan I have had good results using this template since returning a year ago. I don't care for necromancy on my paladin and couldn't reach high damage on my pure paladin. Always appreciate your guides and any updates.
I have not tried using armor refinements yet. At what point in the crafting process can they be appiied? I have a good suit that can make the 5 cap in each and am not sure if I need to recraft or I can add to it. Thanks,
Great that it works for you. You can apply refinements anytime so if there is enough resistance on your suit no problem

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys ....

I took GR out this morning for a test spin .... a REAL EASY ONE .... went to the Moonglow cemetery so I get in the middle of the spawn .... it's kinda a no brainer ... but I really don't have a clue other than targeting something, killing it, and targeting the next ... I'm sure there must be some "macros" that I should be setting up to help me seek out and kill targets when I'm standing in the middle of a spawn .... anyone have a link or something to point me to ....

Thanks ....

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"target nearest enemy "in EC client and bind it to a mouse button (i have middle mouse button applied)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the Enhanced Client I just have "always attack" checked in the settings menu, mash the tab key (target next enemy default), then when stuff gets close I hit my target nearest enemy key (N by default) and spam whirlwind. Rinse and repeat.

Classic client I can't help ya, but I think you use EC anyway.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You press 'tab' to select a nearest target and select a horse that stands near and imitatively attack it...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You press 'tab' to select a nearest target and select a horse that stands near and imitatively attack it...
I mean if there's a wild horse standing in the champ spawn I'm in, yeah I guess it'll get killed...

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Duncan,

I need some advice before I play around with my STATS.

I could play my Dragoon as either a Human or an Elf. For this discussion I will use human
Stats.

With no equipment my stats are this

STR ... 115
DEX ... 125
INT ... 20

On my equipment I have 18 points of STR and 26 points of DEX ....

So put them together and I end up with

STR ... 133 (133/2 + 50 = 116 HP)
DEX ... 150 (actually 151)
INT ... 20

I also have 41 points of Stamina Increase, 44 points of Mana increase, and 25 points of HP increase.

Add everything together ... before any Divine Fury or Potions and the total is

Hit Point ... 116 + 25 = 141
Stamina ... 150 + 41 = 191
Mana ... 20 + 44 = 64

I'm looking at three other flavors ....

1. Casting Divine Fury
2. Drinking Potions without any Enhance Potions
3. Drinking Potions WITH Enhance Potions 50%

Divine Fury doesn't affect these three stats so no discussion on that one.

So the discussion will be about using Greater Strength and Great Agility Potions

Let's talk 1st about using Potions WITHOUT Enhance Potions ... advantage is that I don't have to
swap in a 50% EPOT piece of jewelry before drinking the potion ...

If I go with that plan I get 20 points of STR and 20 points of DEX from the potions

STR and DEX capped at 150 less the 20 points in each puts me at 130 STR and 130 DEX

Subtracting the adder points I have for STR and DEX I am here

STR = 130 - 18 = 112
DEX = 130 - 26 = 104

That is what I set STR and DEX to ....

Subtracting from the 260 CAP I get what's left for INT/MANA

112 + 104 = 216 .... 260 - 216 = 44 for INT + 44 for Mana Increase = 88 for Mana

So with that plan, after drinking potions I end up with

Hit Points = 175
Stamina = 191
Mana = 88

So next is the plan drinking potions using Enhance Potions 50%

In this case I get 30 points for STR and DEX ... and we get this

STR and DEX capped at 150 less the 30 points in each puts me at 120 STR and 120 DEX

Subtracting the adder points I have for STR and DEX I am here

STR = 120 - 18 = 102
DEX = 120 - 26 = 94

That is what I set STR and DEX to ....

Subtracting from the 260 CAP I get what's left for INT/MANA

102 + 94 = 196 .... 260 - 196 = 64 for INT + 44 for Mana Increase = 108 for Mana

So with that plan, after drinking potions I end up with

Hit Points = 175
Stamina = 191
Mana = 108

So the question is what are the pros and cons of each plan ... especially considering what I will
be faced with in the midst of battle .... which at this point I don't have a clue about.

Any help in understanding and deciding is greatly appreciated

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is just one simple answer. You use a 2-h weapon (bladed staff or double axe). You cant use pots with a 2-h weapon. You have to swap to a 1-h weapon. So set your macro to swap weapons and equip a 50 epot ring and drink pots. After that swap back.

Btw hit points are capped at 150 not 175.
You should consider putting some more points into str an dex in case you get cursed.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Went back over my math.... I added the the 25 points HPI to the 150 STR CAP instead of converting it to HP and then adding the 25 in HPI

STR 150 / 2 + 50 = 125 + 25 ... and there's the 150 MAX in HPI .... no let me go look at curse and figure out what I would need where

Back from reading .... so I'm seeing STR, DEX, and INT are reduced by magery / 10 + 1 ... so at 120 magery 120/10 = 12 + 1 = 13%

And all resists have cap reduced to 60?

Question about resist reduction .... if you have refinements raising your normal cap to 75 does it help when cursed? Meaning you end up with 65 instead of 60?

And I see a 25 cap for HPI .... but none for Stamina/Mana Increase ....

It's seeming like with enhanced potions you'd want STR and DEX to be at the 150 CAP .... HPI at 25 so that guy is maxed as 150 .... and as much Stamina Increase as you can get ....

What you want to drive for in Mana has partly to do with your LMC and how much you need to cover whatever you want to cast ..... obviously more is better

Again .... thanks

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
STR ... 133 (133/2 + 50 = 116 HP)
DEX ... 150 (actually 151)
INT ... 20
You need (about) STR 130 and DEX 140 without potions.

With 130 STR you get 140 HP. As to me it's an optimal value. Situations when you need 150 hp are pretty rare. Situations when 130 hp is not enough are pretty often.

With 140 DEX you get 181 Stamina. This gives you good (31) margin of safety over 150 stamina (so you still have 1.25s with DF). This allow you to have 1.25s with full stamina even without DF. And if you switch to Healing skill for some places you get fastest healing time. The last two arguments is not so important so you can have 135 and even 130 DEX (although 171 stamina looks too low for me).

You use potions mainly to compensate curses. And against some strong bosses when every 1 hp/stamina point will not be excess.

So:
STR 112 + 18 = 130 (140 HP)
DEX 114 + 26 = 140 (181 Stamina)
INT 34 (78 Mana)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I mean if there's a wild horse standing in the champ spawn I'm in, yeah I guess it'll get killed...
1. If you kill a horse you lost a lot of karma. It is important for this template.

2. A horse is just an example. It may be Cu Sidhe and so on.

3. Even when there are just monsters around you it's possible you don't want to hurt one of them to be able to honor it later.

4. Sometimes you select a target just to get more detailed information about it (like resists and slayer type) that is shown by UI

There are some other examples. In general you don't want attack every valid target around you. If you use "Always attack" you can't use "Tab" to select target and this is a big disadvantage. And you don't get any noticeable advantage in exchange because even when "Always attack" is on you will not always attack a nearest monster. You may stay "attacking" a monster that is out of range while another monster is hitting you.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey CorwinXX .... thanks for the detailed reply .... it helped me understand the reasoning behind the recommendation

So here's GR .... I'm going with "HUMAN" .... I'm done tweaking .... got to make my "Swap in 50 EPOTS ring" .... some extra weapons

AND set up some macros

I'm open to suggestions on what Macros I should create ....

Here's GR ..... NO DF and NO Potions

COMBINED.jpg

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this looks very solid. I think you can go out and kill some stuff. there are plenty of possible macros. you need practice and you will see what macros you will need. make this potion macro its very important

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
@Garrisons Rage In your template, are you getting the 2nd 5 mana reduction on specials from 300 points in weapon/bush/parry? If not, I'm curious to see how you fare with "only" 43 LMC. Depending on how much resist you have, you might find yourself in trouble in places where you're likely to get regularly mana drained.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Tuan .... I guess I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand your question ..... only thing I was aware of .... "I THOUGHT" was that LMC was capped at 40 .... and I had 43 ..... can you explain this a little more thoroughly " are you getting the 2nd 5 mana reduction on specials from 300 points in weapon/bush/parry?"

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Tuan .... I guess I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand your question ..... only thing I was aware of .... "I THOUGHT" was that LMC was capped at 40 .... and I had 43 ..... can you explain this a little more thoroughly " are you getting the 2nd 5 mana reduction on specials from 300 points in weapon/bush/parry?"
You get 1 LMC that goes above the cap per metal armor piece, and 3 LMC per studded and some other types that I don't recall. Bone and hide, maybe.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've got some more dopey questions for you guys ..... I only use the classic client .... been using it for so many years that I don't want to change to the newer Enhanced ... will I need an add-on like Razor in order to play my macros the way I'll need them .... or will the Classic Client do fine?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The EC is better than the classic in every way, except that there are thousands of free scripts out there for the classic (if that's your bag).

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just found a 30 minute tutorial about user settings in the Enhanced Client .... I'm gonna give it a whirl. Main reason I stuck with the classic client is I just didn't want to go thru having to learn the EC ..... I'll give it a try

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found a 30 minute tutorial about user settings in the Enhanced Client .... I'm gonna give it a whirl. Main reason I stuck with the classic client is I just didn't want to go thru having to learn the EC ..... I'll give it a try
For ne the ec Client is way more comfortable

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know this is off topic but I need help ..... I've been screwing around with the EC ..... and somehow I deleted the backpack from the hotbar .... how the heck do I put it back ..... BTW .... now that I see that I can customize things in the EC it isn't bad ..... the targeting is making me crazy right now ... but all in due time

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm never did that... Didnt even know you can delete the backpack from the hotbar. Maybe you can reset everything in the option menu?

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Leave it to me :)

I ended up uninstalling the EC and renaming the "User Data" folder "OLD User Data" so t would create a new one .... did a reinstall and it recreated the hotbar WITH the Backpack.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OK ..... my 50% epots ring is all set ..... I crafted a Radiant Scimitar as my backup when drinking potions .... got my potions macros (swap ring, swap weapon, drink, swap weapon, swap ring) ..... a light weight targeting macro ..... where is a place to go to start learning how to use all this stuff ..... ease me in OK .... let me ramp up .....

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Think I learned something new (or more) today .... I was crafting the "one handed" weapon that I would use while drinking potions .... I went for Radiant Scimitar .... I tired like hell to get HML 100% on it .... no luck ... highest I could get was 87% ... so I started looking at other properties ... the highest I could imbue HLL was 62% ... while I could imbue HLL 75% on my bladed staff. I looked a little deeper .... the speed of the Radiant Scimitar is 2.5s .... the Bladed Staff 3.0s .... so I made a plain Scimitar .... 3.0s swing speed just like the Bladed Staff ... and on that one I could imbue HLL to 75% just like the Bladed Staff (same 3.0s) So it's looking like things are capped on weapons based on their swing speed ... the faster you can swing it the lower the caps .... the good old OSI "leveling the field" routine .... something that I did not know .... I'm going to look a little closer at what I can get out of each and decide ... I'm thinking it isn't "REALLY" critical cause I will only be using while drinking potions

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For anyone that may find this a help ..... you can see how the cap is tied into the swing speed .... faster weaps, lower caps on HLL and HML .....

prop_caps.jpg

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Duncan,

I'm having problems recreating the properties that I have on my Bladed Staff on a one-handed weapon ... I keep running out of imbuing room on the last prop .... do you use a different set of properties on the one-handed weapon or a specific weapon ... or what?

Thanks .... GR

Last edited:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly i didn't really care about the properties. I'm using a leaf blade with best weapon property + hll hml hsl di. but stats are not at max.i took this one because i was too lazy to craft a new one. The leaf blade was made for some testing.

The 1h weapon is not really important because you dont fight for a long time with it. Main purpose is for parrying while you drink your pots. So choose a weapon type and imbue it a bit.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I kinda did the same thing and decided to put "some" stuff on a scimitar ..... it works ..... I do the swaps, drink potions, and swap back. I'm using a delay between every step with a value of "1" .... you doing the same?