• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Dragoon (Bushido Paladin V.2.3)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Loggin out to save your swampy is pretty easy,i agree,but then you have to run away from spawn. and get ressed log back in, and get to your corpse. Which get's annoying very fast.
No matter what, when you die, you have to run away from spawn to get rezzed (or use sacrifice virtue to self rez), so I'm really not sure what your complaint is. It's much easier to spend the 10 combined seconds it takes to log out and back in twice than for your swampy to die once if you're not in a group.

Have you ever thought about people not trying to use confusion blast enough to try and complain about it?
This is what I meant when I said there wasn't really any discussion that I could find mentioning them.

In thoery taking a step away to heal the swampy seem's logical,But do you play in prot? or 4/6?,if not that's my prob,more than usual i get disrupted trying to heal my swampy,that mean's agrro is on me, then i usally have to run away.... then my swampy dies to spawn or w/e.
If you're not in protection, then you're not playing the "Dragoon" template properly. Given that this is a discussion of the Dragoon template, I don't really view this as a valid question.

If the mob is agro on you, then why do you need to heal the swamp dragon at all? If there's a bunch of spawn around you, it should all be agro on you, because you should be using your WW weapon with Hit Area to quickly dispatch this spawn. If this spawn is so insignificant so as not to warrant being worth your effort to clear it out while battling a boss mob, then the chances are extremely high that it A) has been agro on you for quite some time, and B) doesn't pose a thread to your swamp dragon over the span of 4 seconds or so either.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
No matter what, when you die, you have to run away from spawn to get rezzed (or use sacrifice virtue to self rez), so I'm really not sure what your complaint is. It's much easier to spend the 10 combined seconds it takes to log out and back in twice than for your swampy to die once if you're not in a group.

This is what I meant when I said there wasn't really any discussion that I could find mentioning them.

If you're not in protection, then you're not playing the "Dragoon" template properly. Given that this is a discussion of the Dragoon template, I don't really view this as a valid question.

If the mob is agro on you, then why do you need to heal the swamp dragon at all? If there's a bunch of spawn around you, it should all be agro on you, because you should be using your WW weapon with Hit Area to quickly dispatch this spawn. If this spawn is so insignificant so as not to warrant being worth your effort to clear it out while battling a boss mob, then the chances are extremely high that it A) has been agro on you for quite some time, and B) doesn't pose a thread to your swamp dragon over the span of 4 seconds or so either.

Umm,if you have read this thread,did the op mention this template to be played in prot?

again you didnt read my post or comprehension is hard.

i said when i start to heal the swampy the mob's would start to agro and when the mob's agrro on me i cannot heal the swampy due to disruption's?

second,obviously you have not fought boss's that one or two hit kills you swampy?

if you doubt me please do a quick review of post on this forum to see if someone have to takle more time to kill a boss because thier swampy died.

Last edited:

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
"If you're not in protection, then you're not playing the "Dragoon" template properly. Given that this is a discussion of the Dragoon template, I don't really view this as a valid question. "Quoted by tuan.

If this template was suppose to be played in protection,than why IS Op post about this template dont mention anything about being in protection?

Last edited:

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran

Right my point was for when you DON"T DIE!,The point was if you are not in any kind of trouble but your pet is in trouble.......

It all started cause why garrison rage asked about how barding deed effect swampy's resist and why should he be using a barding deed with better durability or better resist. i answer about how resist is important to help keep swampy alive! GET IT?.

If only we all comprehend the same way.

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Umm,if you have read this thread,did the op mention this template to be played in prot?

again you didnt read my post or comprehension is hard.

i said when i start to heal the swampy the mob's would start to agro and when the mob's agrro on me i cannot heal the swampy due to disruption's?

second,obviously you have not fought boss's that one or two hit kills you swampy?

if you doubt me please do a quick review of post on this forum to see if someone have to takle more time to kill a boss because thier swampy died.
If by the "op" which, I know means Original Post, you mean the post from @Duncan Drake that started this thread, then yes, 100% yes, I am 100% certain that he plays in protection. If you mean any post other than that post, then you don't know what "op" means.

Therefore, I stand by my point that you need not worry about disruption in this template. Again, if the MOB is agro on you, you don't need to heal the swampy at all, because the mob is agro on you, and therefore not doing any damage to the swampy.

If the boss you're fighting can 1 hit kill your swampy when you're dismounted, it can 2 hit kill your swampy regardless of which armor material type it is wearing, and no amount of healing will keep it alive. So this is a moot point.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
BY 100% knowing he play with port personally? or just by his orignal post?,cause no where in his orignal post he stated he play's in protection.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
If the boss you're fighting can 1 hit kill your swampy when you're dismounted, it can 2 hit kill your swampy regardless of which armor material type it is wearing, and no amount of healing will keep it alive. So this is a moot point."QUOTED bY TUAN"

That;s where you are wrong!,like you stated the difference between 1,=3=5 second's before you can heal your team mate's/pet's do make a difference, ask anyone,or any tamer who know's about pet's resist.

The diffrence between 70 resist and 75/85 resist make's a difference,or why would anyone refine thier suit?!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
BY 100% knowing he play with port personally? or just by his orignal post?,cause no where in his orignal post he stated he play's in protection.
You're 100% wrong here. I can prove it:

- This gear is calculated for using the protection spell as a human. Normally I run with 120 Resisting Spells when fighting casting monsters. In other cases when this is not needed I use protection. It comes very handy because your casting cant be interrupted when taking damage. Always depends on the fight and sometimes its good to have more options.
I think this qualifies as somewhere in his post him saying that he's in protection.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
OMG he do play the temp in prot!

Sorry tuan,it seem's im the one who need's to read over the post's more often.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If the boss you're fighting can 1 hit kill your swampy when you're dismounted, it can 2 hit kill your swampy regardless of which armor material type it is wearing, and no amount of healing will keep it alive. So this is a moot point."QUOTED bY TUAN"

That;s where you are wrong!,like you stated the difference between 1,=3=5 second's before you can heal your team mate's/pet's do make a difference, ask anyone,or any tamer who know's about pet's resist.

The diffrence between 70 resist and 75/85 resist make's a difference,or why would anyone refine thier suit?!
True, there is a difference between 70 and 85 resist... BUT if something can kill my swamp dragon (avg hp 150) in 1 hit when it has 70 resist, that means it did 151 damage to it, in a single hit, meaning it did 504 base damage.

If you have 85 resist, and something does 504 damage to you, you'll take 76 damage. If it hits you twice, you'll take 152 damage. If you have 150 HP, you're still dead.

There is an interesting technicality in here. In your post, you were debating the relative merits between having your swamp dragon wear Shadow (max durability) and a rare metal (max resist) armor. If you went the other way, from shadow to Dull Copper, sacrificing BOTH durability and resist, you could theoretically have a swamp dragon that's at 100 physical resist. The problem here is that in order for it to have been 1 hit killable in shadow armor, that would imply that it took 151 damage, even though it had 80 resist. This implies a monster that does 760 damage per hit, but there are no monsters in the game that can do 760 damage in 1 hit.

Given the base resist values of a swamp dragon, the move from shadow to dull copper armor is the only scenario where this scenario is even theoretically possible.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
OMG he do play the temp in prot!

Sorry tuan,it seem's im the one who need's to read over the post's more often.
By the time you quoted my post where I proved with evidence that he did, and told me to prove it with evidence, I assumed you were just making a joke...

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
True, there is a difference between 70 and 85 resist... BUT if something can kill my swamp dragon (avg hp 150) in 1 hit when it has 70 resist, that means it did 151 damage to it, in a single hit, meaning it did 504 base damage.

If you have 85 resist, and something does 504 damage to you, you'll take 76 damage. If it hits you twice, you'll take 152 damage. If you have 150 HP, you're still dead.

There is an interesting technicality in here. In your post, you were debating the relative merits between having your swamp dragon wear Shadow (max durability) and a rare metal (max resist) armor. If you went the other way, from shadow to Dull Copper, sacrificing BOTH durability and resist, you could theoretically have a swamp dragon that's at 100 physical resist. The problem here is that in order for it to have been 1 hit killable in shadow armor, that would imply that it took 151 damage, even though it had 80 resist. This implies a monster that does 760 damage per hit, but there are no monsters in the game that can do 760 damage in 1 hit.

Given the base resist values of a swamp dragon, the move from shadow to dull copper armor is the only scenario where this scenario is even theoretically possible.

You are also right here.

But in my own mind! hehe,even if it delay's death for one or two sec's it is possible for me to switch the situation around thus me making the arguement.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran

If you have 85 resist, and something does 504 damage to you, you'll take 76 damage. If it hits you twice, you'll take 152 damage. If you have 150 HP, you're still dead.Quoted by tuan.

This is what i am arguing about!,even the slightest chance it could happen when it does,the extra resist has paided off for me for putting in better barding deed for my swamp dragon!.

what if the second hit missed! and i happen to be able to heal it within the missed hit and remount the swampy!, hehe all just speculation. =)

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I play the dragoon template most often in protection. It was already mentioned and if you look at my equipment chart you see i have 89 points in phys res. Doesnt make sense if not running in protection.

About swamp dragons. I use the shadow dragon barding. If i die i immediately log out to save my swampy. Sometimes when dismounted my swampy dies but thats not very often. For these cases i always carry this:
Elixir of Rebirth - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Insta rezz with no cool down.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for all of the replies about Dragon Barding Armor ...... I think I've got it now.

Now I have another problem ..... this game makes my head hurt ..... I was looking a Duncans ragoon again and was still having problems understanding why our INT is the same ...... and items with Mana Increase are the same yet Duncans Mana says 50 and mine says 40 ... so then I found the part about using the Bushido book of masteries Vol II .... got one ... double clicked on it ..... but I didn't see any change ... then I see about selecting masteries in the books contextual menu ..... but I've looked, searched, looked, searched .... and can't find what I need to do ..... what am I missing .....

Last edited:

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For what its worth I did find this ......

To switch skill mastery, access the context menu on the mastery book and select from the list of available masteries.

But I don't have a mastery book .... when I double clicked on them they said I absorbed the knowledge (or something like that) and the book disappeared

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if the "Light Bulb" just lit ..... but it may look like I need to complete a quest to receive a "Mastery Spellbook"

Mastery Spellbook

To obtain a Mastery Spellbook complete the quest given by Hawkwind the Timelord near the Valley of Eodon moongate. He tasks you with defeating a certain Peerless or Champion Spawn. Bards can also obtain a book through the older spellsong quests.

Use a Contextual Menu on the mastery spellbook to open the menu to set your skill mastery. You can only set it once every 15 minutes.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you have a bard, you can do the bard quests in Brit over and over and over again to get as many as you need. They're tough stuff like peacing 5 mongbats...
Takes maybe a minute to do.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here's where I am puzzled ...... I had purchased Volumes of Mastery for Chivalry (Vols I & II) Bushido (Vols I & II) Swordsmanship (Vol I, II & III) and Parrying (Vols I, II, and III) ...... I double clicked on them all to do what I thought was "reading them" ..... each time "I felt a surge" and the book disappeared ..... now I am trying to figure out how to "set the skill mastery" No where can I find this "master spellbook" to use the contextual menu on ...... what am I missing ..... did I need to complete a quest rather than buy them .... ????

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can do the hawkwind quest to get one (less than optimal way), buy one from a vendor (more optimal way) or do the bard mastery quest in brit to get them (best way).

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can do the hawkwind quest to get one (less than optimal way), buy one from a vendor (more optimal way) or do the bard mastery quest in brit to get them (best way).
By "get one" you mean the "Master Spellbook" that will allow me to switch between the Primer Volumes that I have already read?

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks everyone ..... that was kinda silly ..... I spent hours trying to figure out what I needed to do ..... and 5 minutes to complete the quest ..... if everything wasn't written like it only applied to Barding it would have been more obvious ....

Again ..... Thanks

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't feel bad. I played off and on from 2000 to 2012. Have been back for a little over a month. It seems like I have had to learn a whole new game.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well I'm done building .... got my suit WITH refinements .... all equipment is set .... have several weapons ... got to craft some more ..... got my Armored Swampy in the stable waiting for it to bond .... I'm going thru my macros ..... one of them swaps rings, swap weapons, drinks a GA and GS, swaps weapons back, and then swaps rings back .... I'm trying to come up with a single macro that will work with ANY Primary weapon .... meaning all I need to do is arm the weapon that I want and the single macro will work ..... I thought I could use re-equip last weapon, but since the one-handed one is equipped last .... just before the last swap to the primary, I'm thinking that it won't work .... anyone come up with a sequence that would allow me to do that?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There are macros that let you swap entire suits at a time. So you set one "suit swap" macro up to be the one with the weapon/jewelry etc that you want for fighting, and you set another up for the same suit, but with the +EP jewelry and a 1h weapon or balanced or whatever.

So, your pots run out. 1 button and you're in 50 EP and with a weapon you can drink pots. paise .25s Quaff pause .25s Quaff, pause.25s and you're back in your base fighting suit. Easy peasy

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My only concern with that is the differences between my 1st and 2nd suit .... I wouldn't want to have two suits like my primary one (I was getting close to jumping off a bridge while crafting it :) ) .... and I'm thinking that I could take a significant amount of damage during the "changeover" .... especially if I am taking hits from all sides ... that being said I have NO experience to justify my concern .... TWAS ONLY DUNKING

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I looked at some of the others "Actions" ..... no sure exactly how each works .... but I'll play .... I'd really like to be able to have a single macro work to swap in and out Weapons/EPOTS Ring ..... no matter what weapon choice that is .... and only have to use a single macro that I get real comfortable using .... it seems that I would have to have multiple "suit builds" ... once for each primary weapon .... but remember my understanding at this point is limited .... Like I said I'll play a little and see what I learn ....

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You don't have two suits. You have two macros to swap suits, and the contents thereof are nearly identical.

Also, since the suits are swapped instantly, even if you swapped every item in 1 to another, you'd still not take any damage in the middle.

You can do it in a single step if you want to swap to a specific weapon. If you want to always swap back to "last" weapon, I think that macro will need to be two steps. It can still be a single button click, but it won't be instant, you'll have a half second where you're holding the "wrong" weapon: .25s on each swap. I think, anyway. I use 1h + shield, so for me all I need to do is make sure my shield unequips/requips. I don't swap weapons.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello Duncan. Im still learning about suit making and any crafting in general. Looking over your sheet Im trying to figure out if the tunic was reforged at all? Trying to make a suit to match what you have is got my brain spinning. I understand about crafting with a minium resist in one slot but I dont know where to go from there. I started out with the tunic and now have 7 of them made that have a min resist in each spot. Just lost as where to go after that. Ive searched the forums and cant find any post that walks through suit building in the most simple of terms. From looknig at your sheet the tunic looks like it did not have a resist imbued on it. So I subtracted the material bonus (VALORITE) and came up with 7,7,6,9,6 for the resists. Is that right, cause im not seeing the min resist you started out with.

Last edited:

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey there JFSF ..... I just went through the same "suit building" exercise ..... bottom line I had to do lots of "playing with different pieces" until the puzzle fit ..... I used a spread sheet as I "assembled" the pieces ..... I'll grab it and post a picture

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hello Duncan. Im still learning about suit making and any crafting in general. Looking over your sheet Im trying to figure out if the tunic was reforged at all? Trying to make a suit to match what you have is got my brain spinning. I understand about crafting with a minium resist in one slot but I dont know where to go from there. I started out with the tunic and now have 7 of them made that have a min resist in each spot. Just lost as where to go after that. Ive searched the forums and cant find any post that walks through suit building in the most simple of terms. From looknig at your sheet the tunic looks like it did not have a resist imbued on it. So I subtracted the material bonus (VALORITE) and came up with 7,7,6,9,6 for the resists. Is that right, cause im not seeing the min resist you started out with.
Not to point out the obvious here... but given that the tunic says "Reforged(minor)" right on it, is a good indication that it was reforged, in some small way. The, slightly, less obvious part is that he reforged it to get the 5 HCI.

If you try to recreate his suit exactly, you're going to find it quite hard to do. The odds of getting a "usable" piece when crafting are pretty high. The odds of getting a specific one are quite low, on the order of 1 in 1xxx or worse.

Make a list of all the properties you need from your crafted pieces, and figure out how to divvy that up onto the (generally 8: 5 armor, 2 jewelry, 1 weapon) pieces you have to work with.

Also, I believe @CorwinXX has made more than 1 post that is stickied in more than 1 forum describing how to build a suit.

Why not make a good but not great suit, and figure out what you did wrong? Alternatively, if you've got a few hundred mil, you can just pay someone to make your suit.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
awesome thank you. im using a spread sheet and i fail to see the bigger picture i guess. i know once i get a starting point i might be able to figure out the rest/

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll hold off on my spread sheet ..... FYA .... my pieces weren't created with the same ones forged or with the same imbuing scheme as Duncan's ..... for me it made more sense to understand what I needed ... and go with what I created ... it went allot better for me than trying to build the pieces as per Duncan's suit .... what ever works for you is best for you.

I still ended up with 90/75/75/75/75 and all the props that I needed (same as Duncan's)

I JUST saw Tuans reply .... that was how I ended up doing it

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks. I will try to search for some of his posts. I didnt think to look at the screen shots of the equipment he had. I just printed off his spread sheet.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im just wanting a suit to have the same resists and I will go from there on all the other stuff to fit in the suit along the way.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Getting 90/75/75/75/75 in pieces that have DCI and HCI like Duncan's is no small task .... if you add up the resists you're looking at 390 total points .... you really only have like 5 - 10 points to spare ... any resist that you imbue to the "max" that wasn't at the lowest eats points ..... any Enhancement that isn't using Valorite eats points .... IT'S FUN.

Tuan .... saw your "pay someone a few 100 million" .... I must have spent 30-40 hours to build mine ..... it was a great sense of accomplishment when I got it .... BUT IT WAS TEDIOUS

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
using a chart is necessary. Your goal is getting the stats you need while getting max resist. You have to craft step by step beginning with the armor part that needs to be reforged and needs most material and ending with the cheapest part. Here it is Plate Tunic - plate legs - plate arms - plate gloves - plate gorget.

Always make sure to craft a piece with minimum resistance where the other resists are even, dustributed though higher cold and energy resistance is advisable. They are the weakest resists platemail has. The base platemail resist properties are 5 3 2 3 2 (P/F/C/Po/E).

After crafting lets say 3 pieces you know where you are heading. I always simulate which material needs to be enhanced and what options i have for the last 2 parts.

If you did this properly there are good chances to finish right with the last piece

So thats the theory:
In my case sth went wrong i had to recraft parts. Because of this the platemail tunic has these stats. So it might be a bit confusing

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Duncan .... I did the same thing ... I always kept a running total of the points I still need in each resist. I even created a dynamic vertical bar chart that was updated as each piece was crafted ... that gave me a visual that helped me sort through the pieces that I crafted to set aside the ones that "were close" to what I needed ... then of course comes the Reforge for DCI and HCI .... AND lots of disappointment .... I just chucked lots of pieces in the salvage bag and started from scratch. ...

What I wouldn't give for an API into this game ....

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So going forward my first step is to craft a tunic. Looking for 1 resist that stays at the min. What would be the goal of reforging the tunic? HCI? or something else?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Tuan .... saw your "pay someone a few 100 million" .... I must have spent 30-40 hours to build mine ..... it was a great sense of accomplishment when I got it .... BUT IT WAS TEDIOUS
Yeah, that seems about right. Few hours of planning, bunch of time collecting resources, and bunch of time smithing and smelting. Takes longer if you factor in the time needed to collect the 300 blackthorn arties to get the 3 BT arties my suit has.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So going forward my first step is to craft a tunic. Looking for 1 resist that stays at the min. What would be the goal of reforging the tunic? HCI? or something else?
This depends on the rest of the suit and the arties you have.

Geemarc

Visitor
Hi everyone,

I have just finished replicating this wonderful set of gear and build, kudos to Duncan for sharing.

I see a few people are having problems and thought id post some helpful information that I used to create my set, having been through similar issues when crafting (some of the information is already posted in this thread).

Helpful links:

Armour Bonus and Maximum Resist Imbues:
Armor - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Material Bonus (for enhancement):
Material Bonuses – Ultima Online

Imbuing Calculator (to check imbuing weights):
Imbuing Calculator | Knuckleheads.dk

SSI Calculator (check you have maximum swing speed):
SSI Calc | Knuckleheads.dk

Reforging Links (first link shows what each affix/prefix does and second link shows a table with which runic hammer to use):
Runic Re-Forging - Old Stratics
[Imbuing] - Reforging. How to

My Crafting Table (based on Duncans) using Google spreadsheet (there is a template sheet and also my crafted armour):
UO Crafting Speadsheet

Reforging (for this set):

5% HCI: Shadow Runic Hammer (Grand Artifice, Inspired Artifice; Name: Vicious/of Slaughter) - 3 Charges
5% DCI: Shadow Runic Hammer (Powerful, Grand Artifice, Inspired Artifice; Name: Towering/of Aegis) - 4 Charges
100% HML: Copper Runic Hammer (Powerful, Grand Artifice, Inspired Artifice; Name: Vampiric/of the Vampire) - 4 Charges
70% HA (Elemental damage): Copper Runic Hammer (Grand Artifice, Inspired Artifice; Name: Vicious/of Slaughter) - 3 Charges
100% Elemental Damage: Shadow Runic Hammer (Powerful, Grand Artifice, Inspired Artifice; Name: Exquisite/of Quality) - 4 Charges

Method:

Plate armour comes with 15 base resists (5 Physical, 3 Fire, 2 Cold, 3 Poison, 2 Energy) an exceptionally crafted item gets a bonus 20 resists randomly placed after craft and (with 100 Arms Lore). The total random assigned resists per piece of armour will be 20 (total of 35 resist per plate piece before imbuing). If you look at the spreadsheet that means you need a total of 94 resists out of 100 (5 pieces of armour x 20 bonus resists) to make this set using only 5 resist imbues and no additional resist items. There is not a lot of room to drop resists, so it is important early on to craft items with minimum resists, the worst thing you want to do is leave the last piece of armour requiring a specific 20/20 resist because the chances of getting that item will be minuscule.

So following Duncan's advice I started with the Platemail breastplate (hardest part). I crafted a whole bunch looking for a minimum resist roll in one of the resists I wanted to imbue. Once I had a few I started to reforge them with 5% HCI (as Duncan said that was the easiest). On my set it happened to be energy the first piece that rolled 5% HCI. Then I just repeated the process with the additional pieces of armour looking for minimum resists using a spreadsheet to keep track of the totals. I did the DCI armour parts next and left the final HCI for the Gorget (my final piece) as it would be the easiest to reforge. The aim is to try and get the last item (Gorget) requiring as few resists as possible with an even as possible spread (my last piece had a spare 4 resists to play with) and It took 7 tries to reforge 5% HCI. In total I think it took me about 65k iron ingots.

After you finished crafting/reforging your set of armour/weapons don't forget to use powder of fortification on them before imbuing (I forgot on one of my weapons and had to go farm the imbuing materials again) which was stupid and annoying.

Order:

Craft
Reforge
PoF
Imbue
Enhance (using a forged artefact tool for 100% success).

I hope this helps some people who are finding it hard. This was my first real crafted set of armour, I have done a few caster sets before but nothing to this level.

Once again thanks Duncan for posting this guide, its great!