• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Since it may be a while before Xorartep gets chance to sing it, I'll post the lyrics. Hope you like it. Tune of 'Do you know the way to San Jose', obviously.

Do you know the way to Skara Brae?
I've been away so long. I may go wrong and lose my way.
I'm going back to find some peace of mind in Skara Brae.

Luna was a great place to stay.
Bought a hundred things from near and far
Artifact, maybe two, to boost my AR
Britain through to Cove. how quick they passed
To Minoc Gate past Vesper shore
On Trinsic dock and travelling fast

They've got a lot of space. there'll be a place where I can stay
I was born and raised in Skara Brae
I'm going back to find some peace of mind in Skara Brae.

Doom and Malas were a magnet.
Dungeons called me with their darkest foes
With a sword in my hand I faced them alone.
Now I'm weary of the constant fray
I'm headed home, I need to go
I packed my bag and start today

I've got lots of friends in Skara Brae
Can't wait to get back to Skara Brae.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely fa-bou (as the totally modern Millie would say) ... can't wait to hear it at the next GOB outing ... maybe I should try my hand on some lyrics myself ... just have to find the right tune ... *thinks VERY hard*

G

erm, since AFAIK Wishy doesn't yet know it exists it's a bit soon to say.

I tend to work on the assumption that just because someone does something once doesn't mean they'll want to do it again.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's next? Trinsic mebbe

"Trinny,
how I love ya
how I love ya,
My dear old Trinny"

I'll let you work out the tune for that one................

I

imported_Wishbone

Now funnily enough I know that tune Barian and know someone who plays a yukalale

D

Drachonis

Heya, thought you guys might appreciate this.

It's my entry into an April Fool's contest that got me into a fit of nostalgia about UO.

Enjoy!

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

So what's next? Trinsic mebbe

"Trinny,
how I love ya
how I love ya,
My dear old Trinny"

I'll let you work out the tune for that one................

[/ QUOTE ]

Umh.. it´s not quite done yet:

Have you ever been to Trinsic City,
near the Ocean, down?
Have you seen the famous rivers meetin´
and all the views of that fine town?
Have you heard about her beauties,
have you heard about her pain?
Oh, that´s my Trinsic - where I remain

Take a sight of Paladin´s Garden,
cross Gate-Bridge and King´s Avenue
The Barrier Isle Lighthouse,
see the Fisher Huts in view
Walk along Garrison Street
Up to the Barrack´s Hall
Oh, that´s my Trinsic - I can´t recall

But don´t forget the Dockland people,
and the office of Sea´s Sons
Walk into the Shades,
feel the anger and the pains
See the mothers with their little babies,
and the big crowd on the prowl
Oh, that´s my Trinsic - my heart and soul

G

New sig! \o/

Cut down version of:

Figured I'd roll it out, after sitting on it for ages.

edit: Why couldn't it have snowing in... I dunno... Winter?

S

SilentFoxXy

Silly bally country.

Thursday n friday, Walking dogs with no coat,gloves or woolly hat, lovely sun, spring n boing.

Sunday am, open curtains, 6 inches of snow covering the world, Sunday am 2 hrs later, 12" of snow, blizzard, roads closed, south of england desolated.

Ive lived on the beach for the last 20 yrs and never seen the likes of this blizzard, amazing.

Whats everyone else like in the UK??

K

Kayne

got a little bit of snow here that keeps on falling but its not really settling well, too wet already.

I

imported_Wishbone

We had about 1/8 of an inch at 7:30 (a disaster by Romsey standards)
My town lies sheltered in the Test valley surounded by hills which take the brunt of it and protected by the Isle of Wight to the south.
We very rarely see snow, which is a bugger cos, I quite like to see it.
The dog was slightly puzzled this morning, first time he has seen any.

G

4" of white stuff on the ground in London and it's still falling intermittently. Usually we see a light covering for a few nanoseconds before it becomes grimy, grey sludge.

My 5yr old daughter is suddenly mad keen on making snowmen. Thanks to the neighbours teen lads, she now thinks snowmen come with Jordan-esque proportioned ta-ta's as standard...Thanks lads.

G

intermittant blizzard conditions here, with a bitter, very lazy, 30mph wind. we're also having hail. with the wind, this means ballistic hailstones that really hurt when they hit you. the goats have refused to come out of their shed, and demanded a big pile of hay in lieu of grass. the cats came running to the barn door, stopped dead, and then back pedalled at speed! the dog is too stupid to care, and is out there boucing about and getting covered. the ducks are still in their shed, one sat on eggs, her mate at the door doing his big tough man act. i'm going to light the fire and put a movie on for the kids

I

imported_Wishbone

Crazy weather!!
Now bright sunshine and warm enough to sunbathe

S

SilentFoxXy

Crazy is right, we had up to 4 inches this morning, now , 3.30pm afternoon, glorious sunshine and snow all thawed out.

Went out earlier, we had to literally shovel the snow away from the garage.....Oh hindisght, when will I learn:)

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Hello and good morning all!!! How was your weekend? Hope it was nice!
We had a good time back at our parents place, joined the annual "Neutenschaiten" competition (shooting nuts, not as bad as it sounds!
) of the Grunniger Verain (sp?) they are in again. Erik did not bad finishing at +18 and 3rd place, Niels however finished last at -116! Hehehehe.

Didn't see any snow in Holland though... at least not the part where we were.

Nice songs ppl!! And nice siggy Kimi!

I

imported_Seasseragh

Looks like we get the snow today that England had yesterday. Brrr...

G

lo all.

In case you're wondering. I'm now helping to mod Siege board too.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all you nice babble-people!

It's official: I love the recent event! And here is why ...

My t-hunter Shaney is obsessed with level 5 t-maps. Level 1 - 3 are too boring, level 4 spawn ogre lords and they take forever to kill (at least for Shaney), and level 6 ... well, after the latest changes to the AWs they are certainly beyond his skills. Level 5 are PERFECT to solo, lots of fame to sacrifice, lots of gold and regs. But he ran out of maps a long time ago, and they are rarely sold on vendors. Along came the new event. Shadow wisps and their paragon chests are a god-send, especially since most people don't bother with them and just let them lie around. So now Shaney is stealthing around the-other-Moonglow collecting chests like a madman. I got about 25 maps over the few hours I played at the weekend, which guarantee even more hours of fun!!

Thank you event people and fellow player people for leaving the chests out for me!!

*grins happily*

Status
Not open for further replies.