• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Are you naughty or nice?' Seasonal Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chiera

Tell me about it ... I am painfully training hiding and stealth right now only because there char I don't want it on and the char I DO want it on are on different accounts ...

ARGH!!
<----- *waits patiently for the introduction of the 10th char slot on one account for not having to do that ever again !*

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a few weeks in stealth mode (and still only at 30 something in skill): Hi babblers!
*Goes back into hiding*

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ayara?!?! Don't stealth in tha babbledom if you're below 50 skill, go to Haven instead! Everyone knows to train up to 50 there! :lick: :D

Good morning all!! Hopefully a good day today!

C

Chiera

cold here as well :(((

*wonders if spending the winter in Adelaide would be a reasonable option because winter is summer there*

<----- now getting really confused with all the thinking and the winter/summer thingie.

T

TerryFyde

*looks through window*

doh it is still very misty ........ and definately cold :(

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sips last drop of coffee*

I just finished reading the Tinsic Beacon, had to laugh at the horror scope names. Anyone else think it should be stickyed?

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all

It's wet down here, and I didn't even need to get out of bed to find out.

*mutters about people letting the dog in without drying his paws*

K

Kiminality

Once, in desperation, I made an amazing discovery.
Jam makes an awesome sweetener, for tea.

Some days later, I made a less-than-awesome discovery.
The citric acid in marmalade curdles milk.
:sad4:

Marmalade sucks.

C

Chiera

there ya go, I always had the strong suspicion that the strange smelling emulsion that is called marmelade throughout the UK has hazardous effects on organic lifeforms, yes obviously even on organic food ;)

K

Kiminality

Marmalade sandwiches were a staple of visits to my grandmother.
I'm quite convinced that the only reason I didn't die of exposure to it, was out of polite courtesy.

Give me a nice Strawberry Jam, any day.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*opens a jar of marmalade carefully and spreads it thinly over the back of the Trinsic Beacon paper*

Here goes

*stick its to the top of stratics and lets go*

oh noooooooooooooo

its sliding down and smearing up the screen.

*glances around to see if anyone noticed and legs it*

S

Scrumpy Jack

woohoo ... I am the only one on the Europa boards!!

Now is that because everybody else is sleeping or because the world has come to an end and I am trapped in a babble-bubble?

*wonders*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mebbe she likes checks............

more than stripes..............:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Polka' was the name of our chocolate-spotted Dalmatian that our boys grew up with. The most gentle, laid back, loving dog you could ever hope to meet. Much missed, but old age creeps up on dogs fast.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way to go making Nilrem feel bad......................:sad4:

Mebbe we should settle on hoops..................:D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, didn't mean to make Nilrem feel bad. Polka is very fondly remembered.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Polka's a good name for a dalmation, I know what you mean Petra, old age catches up with dogs fast :( (ours is about 9 and slowing down a bit)

Way to go making Nilrem feel bad......................:sad4:

Mebbe we should settle on hoops..................:D
Hoops reminds me of time the bad experience with a certain brand of potato snack ;)

Afternoon all :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoops reminds me of time the bad experience with a certain brand of potato snack ;)
I don't want to hear the details..................:blushing:

kindly leave the stage......................:bdh:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I guess this is where someone shows up and blames Mr. Terry for the marmelade disaster? :eyes:

Bah, woke up at 4pm?!?! Sleep still wrecking havoc, even past the poor January month...:sad4:

Hope y'all have a better day!!!

T

TerryFyde

The GREAT "MARMALADE DISASTER" was/is not of my making.

I am reliablely informed that this disaster is in the preseve of Gale Robertson-Hartley. However, they are so "jammy" that in all probability nothing will stick to them.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Wow, it's always fascinating what turns a babble can take ... so what about the GREAT MARMALADE DESASTER? Did I miss something spectacular and mind-boggling? Or was it just the usual "I dropped the toast and it landed on the buttered side" kind of thingie?

*sits down with a mug of tea and looks expectantly*

T

TerryFyde

so what about the GREAT MARMALADE DESASTER? Did I miss something spectacular and mind-boggling?
It all started, if memory seves me still, with Kimi curdling the milk in their tea. That inspired Petra to bake a cake, (the thought of which is enough for me to stock up on Rennies). Then things just went from bad to worse with a slippery sponge cake filling.

S

Scrumpy Jack

I see. And where is that cake now? Why didn't we get some of it? What happened with the tea? Are there any Rennies left? And who left the door to the Traveller's Inn open? It's freezing outside!!!

*mumbles*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despite allegations of needing Rennies and complaints about slippery jam making the top and bottom slide apart, he ate it!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best cake fillings are either slippery, or very very sticky though.

Afternoon all, 'tis a lovely cold, snowy day round here, although I do feel sorry for the little birdies who are all fluffed up looking fed up;)

He'll eat anything..............................:hahaha:
maybe i should offer him one of my rock cakes...although he may need to borrow one of your picks to eat it.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Morning all!

Am I the first? Am I the first? *looks around*

YAY!!!!

T

TerryFyde

G'day.

I looked out of my window and all is white. Then i made a decision and sent Petra out with the dog. Now i think i will have to have a rest to recover.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Poor you, that decision-making must have Terry-bly exhausted you ....

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cruel to the dog I'm thinking........................:(

S

Scrumpy Jack

Cruel to the dog I'm thinking........................:(
Yeah, but the dog will probably come back home all wet and muddy, stand next to the sofa and shake vigorously ... now, that's revenge :lick:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think Petra would do that...not unless she was certain that Terry would be the one cleaning up ;)

Scrumpy that particular pun was almost inexcusable...

We had some lovely snow here, although I did feel a bit sorry for the mutt, it only takes a few inches of snow for it to be up to a very uncomfortable place on him (which possibly explains his method of propulsion in it) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.