• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Are you naughty or nice?' Seasonal Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[youtube]EDrmPVmiUZE[/youtube]

First babble thread on the new board started by a uo admin.

Ok, ok, so it's only the same boring ole Petra. :D

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That warped-robotic-singing-elf-dog-thing is scary!!!!

*runs away and hides 'til january*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay.......Shiney new Babble Thread

Wiv a singing doggy as a bonus !!

And Ferrut on Petra's "Naughty" list.......bad move dat

:eek:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh, first page. I think that's a first for me :)

Will watch the dog vid later - am currently training prov. Urgh. Booooooring! Light entertainment is provided by the small children glued to the windows watching for rainbows. Don't know what's going on here, but we've had loads this week.

Petra, put Fluffi on the naughty list - there's nothing wrong with my spelling!

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo new babble :)

Hmmm, naughty or nice, that is the question... Usually nice, occasionally naughty, that is my answer.

Off now to start a new batch of plants. Am growing hedges for a guildie, and the last batch consisted of cypresses only - not a hedge in sight *sighs and eagerly waits for the new plant ID resource*

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch, babbling with meself it seems... but it´s a happy day in the Ayara household and I just couldn´t help sharing it with you (and the wine and the drinks had nothing to do with it, ehmmm) Anyways me and my boyfriend of 5 yrs (he was the one who introduced me to UO) have got engaged today, and we´re looking forward to any invasions and expansions to come :D
xxx from Ayara and Lelleck xxx

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First page.

Pure as yellow snow. :lie:

Waiting for new Voon password so I can take the forum insults to a higher level. :D

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations Ayara and Lelleck :)

As for the question of naughty or nice, that depends entirely on a subjective opinion of what exactly is naughty, and what is nice. One persons very naughty indeed can be anothers exceedingly nice...;)

B

Black Betty

I must be honest and admit to being both naughty and nice. :p

Congrats on the recent engagement! (The gentleman I married this past May I met on UO-Great Lakes Shard)

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the congratulations :)

@ Black Betty, wow, I think it´s so cool when people meet in an online game and it works out in rl too.

...As for the December weather and the huge amount of snow that made schools, airports, and roads close down last week. It´s all gone now. Just some greyish mud left.

P

Phaheela

Send some snow this way !

We've had the odd fall of an inch or 3 but nothing like the snow scotland used to get when we were kids, first time its snowed this side of christmas for 20 odd years too.

Rainy/foggy & yuk here this week.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hello hello, Tabby is back for now! Lovely news Ayara, congrats to you and Lelleck!! ;)

And ... think I haven't been nice enuff to allow me to say I am nice, correspondence been too poor... :sad4:

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the congratulations :)

@ Black Betty, wow, I think it´s so cool when people meet in an online game and it works out in rl too.

...As for the December weather and the huge amount of snow that made schools, airports, and roads close down last week. It´s all gone now. Just some greyish mud left.

Indeed, i met my rl boyfriend in UO.. we`re now engaged and will marry next year :p

B

Black Betty

Congrats to you too, Tia! *wink*

Now as for the naughty or nice thing again, it seems to have evolved more to the naughty side today. But I might be the only one that views naughty as nice. *wink wink*:D

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to you too, Tia! *wink*

Now as for the naughty or nice thing again, it seems to have evolved more to the naughty side today. But I might be the only one that views naughty as nice. *wink wink*:D

Oooh im VERY GOOD at being NAUGHTY *Grins*

but im very very nice at it too *smiles*

G

Geofferys_ghost

well i was all sweet and innocent at one time :eek: it`s true i was :blushing:
but then i got currupted by terry :bowdown: and well i will be getting a lump of coal again this year or was that one of petra`s roast potatoes

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Wishyyyyyyyyyyyy, hello! ;) How's life treating you?

Bah, feels like I just came out of work yet have to leave again for it in ... 1 n half hour! bah!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wishbone! Come and gone while I was asleep. Good to see you, you've been missed.

U

ultima online

*pokes everyone and places some mince pies in the room* HAAAII!!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time for another seasonal song I think :D

[youtube]H6YbLZf8i5I[/youtube]

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Classic christmas tune :)

As we're talking about naughty/nice I think this one might be appropriate ;)
[youtube]Iq6atatcsCQ[/youtube]

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah "naughty"

Or is it a vid of you mining under the walls of Lord British's castle to get into the Valourite vault? ;)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Naughty
*snif*
Which is hard when you have 4 18 yr olds and a 20 yr old in the house.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No......It's Kevin Wilson's Xmas song

Petra won't let me post it

:(

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, that one...

I can understand why Petra might think it's not suitable ;)

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am beginning to feel like mother of thousands. You have to act all grown up.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You never have to act grown up if you don't want to ;)

time for a (bad) joke I think.

One day God calls down to Noah and says, "Noah me old china, I want you to make me a new Ark".
Noah replies, "No probs God, me old Supreme Being. Anything you want after all you're the guv'

But God interrupts, "Ah, but there's a catch. This time Noah, I don't want just a couple of decks, I want 20 decks one on top of the other".

"20 DECKS!" screams Noah "Well, OK Big Man, whatever you say. Should I fill it up with all the animals just like last time?"

"Yep, that's right, well. Sort of right. This time I want you to fill
it up with fish", God answers.

"Fish?" queries Noah.

"Yep, fish. Well, to make it more specific Noah, I want carp - wall to wall, floor to ceiling - Carp!"

Noah looks to the skies. "OK God my old mucker, let me get this right, you want a New Ark?"

"Check".

"With 20 decks, one on top of the other?"

"Check".

"And you want it full of Carp?"

"Check".

"Why?" Asks the perplexed Noah, who was slowly but surely getting to the end of his tether.

"Dunno", says God, "I just fancied a Multi-Storey Carp Ark"

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two men dressed as Teddy Boys enter the bar on a train

"Two pints please"

"Certainly Sir"

They drink......and one spits the beer out and starts swearing in a Norwegian accent

"What's wrong with him?" asks the barman

and the man replies.....

"Rude Olf the Ted loaths train beer"

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
argh, it took me a minute (and speaking it out loud), but that's even worse than the one I posted, and I didn't think that was possible :p

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww man, now I'm trying desperately to remember the bad'un with the punchline:- Absinthe makes the fart go "Honda..."

I said "fart." Best put me down under "naughty."

K

Kiminality

Awww man, now I'm trying desperately to remember the bad'un with the punchline:- Absinthe makes the fart go "Honda..."
The version I heard was a woman visiting a doctor. He diagnosed her with an abscess...

Either way... Bad joke... :p

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, those are definitely dad jokes. Anthing that causes a half laugh half groan is a dad joke :)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How dare you impugn my jokes

Just for that have another one...

Two cats enter a swimming race. The first cat was called 'One Two Three' and the second cat was called 'Un Deux Trois'. Which cat won?
'One Two Three' because 'Un Deux Trois' cat sank!.

*dodges the rotten fruit*

K

Kiminality

How dare you impugn my jokes

Just for that have another one...

Two cats enter a swimming race. The first cat was called 'One Two Three' and the second cat was called 'Un Deux Trois'. Which cat won?
'One Two Three' because 'Un Deux Trois' cat sank!.

*dodges the rotten fruit*
I'm actually guilty of telling that joke, on occasions :(

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll down his local town. As he passes by the record shop, a sign catches his eye: "Just Released - New LP - Wasps of the World and the sounds that they make - available now"

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop.

"I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The world expert on European wasps goes into the booth and puts on the earphones. Three minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm very sorry Sir", says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth again, I can play you have another track."

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones.

Three minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head. "I don't understand it", he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, Sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could hear another track."

Sighing, the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth. Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated.

"I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry", says the young assistant,

"I've just realised I was playing you the bee side."

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lol Bee side... hehe.

Let me try one... with the risk of landing in the naughty camp...

In a crowded city at a busy bus stop, a beautiful young woman wearing a tight mini skirt was waiting for a bus. As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus.
Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little, Thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg. She tried to take the step, only to discover that she couldn't. So, a little more embarrassed, she once again! reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more, and for the second time attempted the step. Once again, much to her chagrin, she could not raise her leg. With a little smile to the driver, she again! reached behind to unzip a little more and again was unable to take the step..
About this time, a large Texan who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus. She went ballistic and turned to the would-be Samaritan and yelled, "How dare you touch my body! I don't even know who you are!"
The Texan smiled and drawled, "Well, ma'am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times, I kinda figured we were friends."

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The jockey was riding the favourite at a race meeting, and was well ahead of the field.

His horse rounded the final corner, when suddenly the jockey was hit on the head by a turkey and a string of sausages.

He managed to keep control of his mount and pulled back into the lead, only to be struck by a box of Christmas crackers and a dozen mince pies as he went over the last fence.

With great skill he managed to steer the horse to the front of the field once more when, on the run in, he was struck on the head by a bottle of sherry and a Christmas pudding.

Thus distracted, he succeeded in coming only second.

He immediately went to the race stewards to complain that he had been seriously hampered.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That one was very, very bad Barian, but still enough to raise a smile :p

Tabby, that's pretty good, although I'm noting a major lack of punnage in it ;)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Punning jokes are far too intellectually taxing for me; I prefer the simplicity of...

Two blokes walk into a bar...

... which is wierd, as you would think that ths second bloke would have managed to avoid it.

*waves at Saunders*

Status
Not open for further replies.