• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The *Absent Friends* Babble Thread

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rather depends what exactly you want to know about them .... history, lore, or what is found there? ;)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No posts in over a month ..... shouldn't be allowed

Babble on !!

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay Petra! The true meaning of Xoratrep came to me whilst I was sigil stealing the other morning *slaps head*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least you aren't the last to get that .... mentioning no names ... ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was it a tad egotistical to name a char Petra Rox? even if it is backwards?
Missed the auction last night. Terry had our power off doing something with the shower and fan switches in the bathroom. No power, no pc, no uo, no auction :(

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis I! My arm has been twisted to start posting again - time will tell whether that is a bad idea or not.

Damn you Petra !!

*note to moderators - particularly you, Barian ;).... I'm allowed to say "damn" because I am just as old and crochety as you and Mrs Fyde*

I'll say it again: Damn you woman.

Just when I think I can walk away, because nobody I know posts here anymore; you make a return... and ask nonsensical questions like "was Xorartep was an egotistical name", which forces me to return to reply.

So, to you (and Saunders).... caru chi ddau

:heart::heart:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Aye - but the nice bit is that if you're account is active around then, you get it for free. Be interesting if they make a Return to Britannian just before that too...

Peelyposter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A babble thread that's been going since 2013 and is only four pages long, how times change.

Just thought I'd pop on and see how things were in the world of Stratics and UO.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the recipient of a "Fluffi" babble thread, could I suggest a new "Xoratep isn't an egotistical name" babble thread... Just to remind she-who-must-be-obeyed rxactly what it was that dragged me back to Stratics.

*edit*

... shows how much notice I take of these things, but I have only just noticed that I am a Stratics Leg End.

... there have to be some "foot" jokes in there somewhere.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or we could call it the "We ganged up on Barian" babble thread ............. :sad3:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tongue-biting time. Whenever I read a complaint about a house falling unexpectedly I get an overwhelming urge to reply with something unhelpful like 'You could just pay for the account'. I guess I'd have more sympathy if I ever did the 90 day roulette with my accounts.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done my 'good deed' for the day, sent Heidi to herd the reptalons deeper into labyrinth, away from Miasma. Can't shift Rend though.
Xorartep dodging pks in towns stealing sigils. Returned two, got caught once so far.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Herding, nearly got to GM with it now. I have too much time on my hands in the school holidays maybe.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh. Man. What a day at work. Is it the weekend yet? :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Herding can be fun. I did a piece for Stratics called Heidi's epic journey, but it was 'rearranging' left over champ spawn in T2A that was the most fun, when there was a lot of activity there. A few left over kirin and unicorn from Oaks made a heck of a welcome party for any Red running through Delucia. :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So - I booted up the pc after lunch and found myself playing freecell instead of UO. No internet! Didn't come back up till 6pm

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
usual reaction to the new publish on UHall I see. If anyone wants to read it, I've written a new page called 'money' on my site. I hope it will help people understand the new system.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That Uhall thread is a difficult read to be sure. I love your guide site Petra, it is my number one UO bookmark.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To ask the usual question... Is it the weekend yet? Today is dragging (again)!
Even worse when I'm just counting down the days to starting a new job. Gardening leave would have been nice!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be a bloomin good job to get you to move to Halifax !

Place is more depressing than Barnsley !! :bored:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Luckily I don't actually need to move up there, just spend a day every couple of weeks. Elland actually, so don't have to venture into Halifax.... But understand the sentiment!

Shall have some fun driving back and forth up and down the M6!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't go near Walsall in evening rush hour. Gridlock. :sad3:
You can be there for hours.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to go for a meeting early this morning with my boss at an allotment site we use for one of our classes. I live 4 miles from said site. It took me an hour to drive those 4 miles back home. I knew I should have gone on my bike!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Murphy hates me! I thought I'd have a go at trying to catch a fish or two for this contest. I took a can of 300 golden tuna bait to Tokuno. I was catching big fish, giant koi. Those aren't the ones I want - so I thought maybe a bit of luck would help. I rubbed the luck statue and went back to the boat.

It changed my luck all right! I've stopped catching the koi.

So - my Golden Tuna bait eventually got me something other than giant koi - an ancient samurai fish!

Last edited:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Murphy hates me! I thought I'd have a go at trying to catch a fish or two for this contest. I took a can of 300 golden tuna bait to Tokuno. I was catching big fish, giant koi. Those aren't the ones I want - so I thought maybe a bit of luck would help. I rubbed the luck statue and went back to the boat.

It changed my luck all right! I've stopped catching the koi.

So - my Golden Tuna bait eventually got me something other than giant koi - an ancient samurai fish!

*sigh*

I s'pose this just shows how long I have been away...

... fishing meant either 8*8ing for skill gains; or Merganser (my little fisher-pixie), causing chaos at FCB open net-toss events by casting multiple fabled nets when the screen was already covered in Kraken.

... How things change... (except for Barian, Petra & Valura... (and Saunders & Trev & Barney & Nixon - but they don't babble anymore))

Dash

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey all, back to UO after far too many years away. Nice to see a few old faces still kicking around the boards - what's life like on Europa these days?

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Life on Europa is decent enough, still Armstrong enough group around. Dip your head in to a WBB meet and say hello!

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa remains lovely, WBB meetings are lively, folk are still around - only issue for me is finding enough time to get to play!