• Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.

(OT) The *Absent Friends* Babble Thread

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tabby I have not been to Eoden either. I keep logging on, but am usually overwhelmed by all the new stuff, and no time to read up on it. Like the latest additions to crafting for example. Or now taming. Would love to join people on a guild hunt someday, but gear not really up to par. I log on, checking characters, and just sit and stare at the screen thinking what I need to do. Then I just am overwhelmed and log out again. Those days when I log on with a specific task in mind, like treasure hunting, I usually stay on longer.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh noes!! Does anyone still have a way to reach Barian? His Castle on Dagger Isle is fairly worn, and it is one of the UO Historical Society buildings from 2000, so that sounds like disaster! :eek::sad4:

Nvm, had a bright moment of visiting the WBB meeting so got to talk to him there heh. :oops:

Last edited:

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to have to hire someone to dust my house when I take these extended "Oh, I need to reinstall after upgrading windows... I'll do it in a few days" breaks. I Aten't Dead! I just stepped AFK with full sub for... um... 4years, i guess? Maybe 5? I mean, I posted in this thread last year, and meant to reinstall then... but...

Still, back for a bit now, and have started the gruelling task of training the great mongbat Franklin in this new system thingy.
Will he become a Mongbat Paladin? Will real life, VR, and writing distract me again? Only time will tell!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did someone say Mongbat?

I'm just sort of back on a flying visit and wondering what all this endless jouney stuff is about, I'll have to read up on it.

Anyone seen Barian or Petra?
I

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Petra is still very helpful in the Help Chat! :) Saw Barian at the WBB a month ago (HOW IS THAT A MONTH AGO ALREADY?!?) as we mentioned above. Welcome back Mongbat!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awards
There's a meeting at West Brit bank every evening to help new and returning players, 6 pm UK time. Barian is there every evening and Petra or one of her alts is there quite a few times most weeks. Please come along and join in! :D

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh those pesky family members! We all have those! Kids seem to suck up your bandwidth with all that downloading they NEED to do....nice to see so many returners lately.
My husband and I have been back for two years and we haven't been to Eoden much other than guild hunts to Shadowguard.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Will he become a Mongbat Paladin?
How's Franklin? :)

Gyaaaaah?! How can the last post in here be from MAY 2018?! Well, er.... where are the babblers? Since Chinese NY was only last week: Happy year of the Earth Pig you all! :grouphug:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My login still works!
Hallo peeps.
I just became a grandmother.
There's babbling!
Congratz! I am still a Stratics Browser, but not a UO player anymore. I still have a house there though. Sadly feel nostalgic for the game, but no real urge to play.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Callum!
Nostalgic and wishing there was something that has the charm UO use to have.
Anyway, I have just used Legendary Tailor to knit a developmentally appropriate toy for a newborn. Sadly I have no bard to sing to her.
Live long and prosper!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My login still works!
Hallo peeps.
I just became a grandmother.
There's babbling!

Yo! (knows your name but will call you Saunders to stop you getting spammed.) !!!!

Congratulations on the grand-nippers Sweetheart.

(If Mr Saunders objects to me calling you "Sweetheart", then tell me now. I will come and slap him about a bit, whilst shouting "you dont deserve this woman")

Love; as always,

Daffydd

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello please !

I wasn't sure whether I could post this as a standalone off-topic thread and so I decided to exercise caution and just dump it unceremoniously in Babble instead.

I hope everyone is keeping well, I do miss your lovely faces but sadly I don't have a whole lot of time for gaming lately. I finally pulled the plug on commercial UO a few months back as it was an unnecessary spend. Sad to say I guess, always wanted to be here till the end, but heyho.

The only game I take everywhere and make time for on my days off is Pokémon Go. So if any of you play it (especially you continental mothers with your sweet exclusive Pokémon) then drop your trainer code in and I'll happily friend you and shower you with gifts on a daily basis.

Much love,
KV.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello please !

I wasn't sure whether I could post this as a standalone off-topic thread and so I decided to exercise caution and just dump it unceremoniously in Babble instead.

I hope everyone is keeping well, I do miss your lovely faces but sadly I don't have a whole lot of time for gaming lately. I finally pulled the plug on commercial UO a few months back as it was an unnecessary spend. Sad to say I guess, always wanted to be here till the end, but heyho.

The only game I take everywhere and make time for on my days off is Pokémon Go. So if any of you play it (especially you continental mothers with your sweet exclusive Pokémon) then drop your trainer code in and I'll happily friend you and shower you with gifts on a daily basis.

Much love,
KV.
Kas lives :) we miss you!

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Happy New Year Europa!! Here's hoping we can keep at least a bit of UO in all our months this coming year! :)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checking in to see if everyone is ok, and feeling slightly sad that the thread hasn't been posted in for 3 months :(
Hope everyone is ok and taking care of themselves.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not doing too badly, apart from not being allowed due to the virus it's not much change down at Nilrem's house:)
Not quite reached the point of restarting UO, although for some reason I have kept my account (and my father's) running for the last decade so everything is still there :D
Currently I'm spending a lot of hours on Two Point Hospital which is a fun game, although the illness "Pandemic" (pan on head that needs to be pulled off with a big magnet) seemed fun and silly 6 months ago, now it's a little on the nose, especially when you get a wave of patients with it.

Welcome back Flagg, hope you enjoy playing again:)