1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) The *Absent Friends* Babble Thread

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Barian, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

@Tabby I have not been to Eoden either. I keep logging on, but am usually overwhelmed by all the new stuff, and no time to read up on it. Like the latest additions to crafting for example. Or now taming. Would love to join people on a guild hunt someday, but gear not really up to par. I log on, checking characters, and just sit and stare at the screen thinking what I need to do. Then I just am overwhelmed and log out again. Those days when I log on with a specific task in mind, like treasure hunting, I usually stay on longer.

Minerva Foxglove likes this.
  2. callum_fitzhugh

Yes last time I logged on about three years ago I just wandered around Felucca wondering what to do.

3. Tabby Kapak

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Oh noes!! Does anyone still have a way to reach Barian? His Castle on Dagger Isle is fairly worn, and it is one of the UO Historical Society buildings from 2000, so that sounds like disaster! :eek::sad4:

Nvm, had a bright moment of visiting the WBB meeting so got to talk to him there heh. :oops:

#253 Tabby Kapak, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    ShriNayne and Minerva Foxglove like this.
  4. TheBlackCobra

I'm going to have to hire someone to dust my house when I take these extended "Oh, I need to reinstall after upgrading windows... I'll do it in a few days" breaks. I Aten't Dead! I just stepped AFK with full sub for... um... 4years, i guess? Maybe 5? I mean, I posted in this thread last year, and meant to reinstall then... but...

Still, back for a bit now, and have started the gruelling task of training the great mongbat Franklin in this new system thingy.
    Will he become a Mongbat Paladin? Will real life, VR, and writing distract me again? Only time will tell!

Tabby Kapak likes this.
  5. Nilrem

Nilrem Sage

Did someone say Mongbat?

I'm just sort of back on a flying visit and wondering what all this endless jouney stuff is about, I'll have to read up on it.

Anyone seen Barian or Petra?
    I

6. Tabby Kapak

Petra is still very helpful in the Help Chat! :) Saw Barian at the WBB a month ago (HOW IS THAT A MONTH AGO ALREADY?!?) as we mentioned above. Welcome back Mongbat!

7. Caliburn

Caliburn Visitor

Barian was by Brit bank yesterday. I'm going to continue to wander around in a daze wondering what to do.

ShriNayne likes this.
  8. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There's a meeting at West Brit bank every evening to help new and returning players, 6 pm UK time. Barian is there every evening and Petra or one of her alts is there quite a few times most weeks. Please come along and join in! :D

9. Caliburn

Caliburn Visitor

I try to drop by but due to poor internet UO is pretty unplayable during the evenings when my family is using the net :(

ShriNayne likes this.
  10. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ahhh those pesky family members! We all have those! Kids seem to suck up your bandwidth with all that downloading they NEED to do....nice to see so many returners lately.
    My husband and I have been back for two years and we haven't been to Eoden much other than guild hunts to Shadowguard.

Tabby Kapak likes this.
  11. Tabby Kapak

How's Franklin? :)

Gyaaaaah?! How can the last post in here be from MAY 2018?! Well, er.... where are the babblers? Since Chinese NY was only last week: Happy year of the Earth Pig you all! :grouphug:

12. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper

My login still works!
    Hallo peeps.
    I just became a grandmother.
    There's babbling!

Tabby Kapak likes this.
  13. callum_fitzhugh

Congratz! I am still a Stratics Browser, but not a UO player anymore. I still have a house there though. Sadly feel nostalgic for the game, but no real urge to play.

14. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper

Hey Callum!
    Nostalgic and wishing there was something that has the charm UO use to have.
    Anyway, I have just used Legendary Tailor to knit a developmentally appropriate toy for a newborn. Sadly I have no bard to sing to her.
    Live long and prosper!

15. Tabby Kapak

Congrats fresh granny! Enjoy the expansion to the family! :D

16. Dimman

Dimman Adventurer

Where the hell is Olk!?

17. Mil

Mil Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*pokes*

18. azrael

azrael Visitor

whatever happened to hopful and all the othersd from the ech?

19. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed

Yo! (knows your name but will call you Saunders to stop you getting spammed.) !!!!

Congratulations on the grand-nippers Sweetheart.

(If Mr Saunders objects to me calling you "Sweetheart", then tell me now. I will come and slap him about a bit, whilst shouting "you dont deserve this woman")

Love; as always,

Daffydd

20. Kas Valentine

Kas Valentine Stratics Legend

Hello please !

I wasn't sure whether I could post this as a standalone off-topic thread and so I decided to exercise caution and just dump it unceremoniously in Babble instead.

I hope everyone is keeping well, I do miss your lovely faces but sadly I don't have a whole lot of time for gaming lately. I finally pulled the plug on commercial UO a few months back as it was an unnecessary spend. Sad to say I guess, always wanted to be here till the end, but heyho.

The only game I take everywhere and make time for on my days off is Pokémon Go. So if any of you play it (especially you continental mothers with your sweet exclusive Pokémon) then drop your trainer code in and I'll happily friend you and shower you with gifts on a daily basis.

Much love,
    KV.

21. S.P.A

S.P.A Journeyman

Kas lives :) we miss you!