• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The *Absent Friends* Babble Thread

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tabby I have not been to Eoden either. I keep logging on, but am usually overwhelmed by all the new stuff, and no time to read up on it. Like the latest additions to crafting for example. Or now taming. Would love to join people on a guild hunt someday, but gear not really up to par. I log on, checking characters, and just sit and stare at the screen thinking what I need to do. Then I just am overwhelmed and log out again. Those days when I log on with a specific task in mind, like treasure hunting, I usually stay on longer.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh noes!! Does anyone still have a way to reach Barian? His Castle on Dagger Isle is fairly worn, and it is one of the UO Historical Society buildings from 2000, so that sounds like disaster! :eek::sad4:

Nvm, had a bright moment of visiting the WBB meeting so got to talk to him there heh. :oops:

Last edited:

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to have to hire someone to dust my house when I take these extended "Oh, I need to reinstall after upgrading windows... I'll do it in a few days" breaks. I Aten't Dead! I just stepped AFK with full sub for... um... 4years, i guess? Maybe 5? I mean, I posted in this thread last year, and meant to reinstall then... but...

Still, back for a bit now, and have started the gruelling task of training the great mongbat Franklin in this new system thingy.
Will he become a Mongbat Paladin? Will real life, VR, and writing distract me again? Only time will tell!

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did someone say Mongbat?

I'm just sort of back on a flying visit and wondering what all this endless jouney stuff is about, I'll have to read up on it.

Anyone seen Barian or Petra?
I

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Petra is still very helpful in the Help Chat! :) Saw Barian at the WBB a month ago (HOW IS THAT A MONTH AGO ALREADY?!?) as we mentioned above. Welcome back Mongbat!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There's a meeting at West Brit bank every evening to help new and returning players, 6 pm UK time. Barian is there every evening and Petra or one of her alts is there quite a few times most weeks. Please come along and join in! :D

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh those pesky family members! We all have those! Kids seem to suck up your bandwidth with all that downloading they NEED to do....nice to see so many returners lately.
My husband and I have been back for two years and we haven't been to Eoden much other than guild hunts to Shadowguard.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Will he become a Mongbat Paladin?
How's Franklin? :)

Gyaaaaah?! How can the last post in here be from MAY 2018?! Well, er.... where are the babblers? Since Chinese NY was only last week: Happy year of the Earth Pig you all! :grouphug:

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My login still works!
Hallo peeps.
I just became a grandmother.
There's babbling!
Congratz! I am still a Stratics Browser, but not a UO player anymore. I still have a house there though. Sadly feel nostalgic for the game, but no real urge to play.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Callum!
Nostalgic and wishing there was something that has the charm UO use to have.
Anyway, I have just used Legendary Tailor to knit a developmentally appropriate toy for a newborn. Sadly I have no bard to sing to her.
Live long and prosper!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My login still works!
Hallo peeps.
I just became a grandmother.
There's babbling!

Yo! (knows your name but will call you Saunders to stop you getting spammed.) !!!!

Congratulations on the grand-nippers Sweetheart.

(If Mr Saunders objects to me calling you "Sweetheart", then tell me now. I will come and slap him about a bit, whilst shouting "you dont deserve this woman")

Love; as always,

Daffydd

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello please !

I wasn't sure whether I could post this as a standalone off-topic thread and so I decided to exercise caution and just dump it unceremoniously in Babble instead.

I hope everyone is keeping well, I do miss your lovely faces but sadly I don't have a whole lot of time for gaming lately. I finally pulled the plug on commercial UO a few months back as it was an unnecessary spend. Sad to say I guess, always wanted to be here till the end, but heyho.

The only game I take everywhere and make time for on my days off is Pokémon Go. So if any of you play it (especially you continental mothers with your sweet exclusive Pokémon) then drop your trainer code in and I'll happily friend you and shower you with gifts on a daily basis.

Much love,
KV.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello please !

I wasn't sure whether I could post this as a standalone off-topic thread and so I decided to exercise caution and just dump it unceremoniously in Babble instead.

I hope everyone is keeping well, I do miss your lovely faces but sadly I don't have a whole lot of time for gaming lately. I finally pulled the plug on commercial UO a few months back as it was an unnecessary spend. Sad to say I guess, always wanted to be here till the end, but heyho.

The only game I take everywhere and make time for on my days off is Pokémon Go. So if any of you play it (especially you continental mothers with your sweet exclusive Pokémon) then drop your trainer code in and I'll happily friend you and shower you with gifts on a daily basis.

Much love,
KV.
Kas lives :) we miss you!

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Happy New Year Europa!! Here's hoping we can keep at least a bit of UO in all our months this coming year! :)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checking in to see if everyone is ok, and feeling slightly sad that the thread hasn't been posted in for 3 months :(
Hope everyone is ok and taking care of themselves.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ I'll second all of that! Good health to you all.

Just came back to game after a longish break meself.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not doing too badly, apart from not being allowed due to the virus it's not much change down at Nilrem's house:)
Not quite reached the point of restarting UO, although for some reason I have kept my account (and my father's) running for the last decade so everything is still there :D
Currently I'm spending a lot of hours on Two Point Hospital which is a fun game, although the illness "Pandemic" (pan on head that needs to be pulled off with a big magnet) seemed fun and silly 6 months ago, now it's a little on the nose, especially when you get a wave of patients with it.

Welcome back Flagg, hope you enjoy playing again:)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not doing too badly, apart from not being allowed due to the virus it's not much change down at Nilrem's house:)
Not quite reached the point of restarting UO, although for some reason I have kept my account (and my father's) running for the last decade so everything is still there :D
Currently I'm spending a lot of hours on Two Point Hospital which is a fun game, although the illness "Pandemic" (pan on head that needs to be pulled off with a big magnet) seemed fun and silly 6 months ago, now it's a little on the nose, especially when you get a wave of patients with it.

Welcome back Flagg, hope you enjoy playing again:)
No posts since March........

Fluffi says "I'm still not dead yet!!"

Only the REAL veterans will understand this!

You all know who you are, so I won't name you;, but the leukaemic and his diabetic wife thank you for your help.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey dear peeps! Just sending love to you all, and congratulations to those who have survived, condolences to the families of hose who haven't.
Currently sweltering in heatwave London, and hit by a fit of nostalgia.
Bless you all!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah im nostalgic too and yes its been really hot recently.

have I installed Uo again? Nope. Probably forgotten my password and user name which would really hurt me badly! So best not to find that out!

Miss you guys.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checking in!

Had a bit of a fright when I checked my UO account and found it was inactive, it looks like either it didn't send an "end of subscription" email when it tried to bill the card that expired a couple of weeks back, or my client et it. Fortunately the old AMT was still standing! (just resubbed and didn't get a message from that, but did get the necessary log in code to access my billing account).

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing ok:)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checking in to wish everyone a happy new year, that is hopefully better than the last.
A message at least partly brought to you from the fact I'm installing UO on my new computer, and finding the install process is as slow as ever (1gbit line, new Intel CPU with a hard drive that's probably faster than the ram was when I started playing and it's still taking half an hour :p).

It's weird realising that since I first logged into UO, I've more doubled in age, my nephews have both grown up from toddlers and have now got the own kids that are nearly as old as they were when I started playing.

And as I'm typing this the game finally installed and I've just seen some nice messages left in the old guest book.

Reading the first post in this thread makes me feel a bit melancholy, realising again that we've lost Barian.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and worse that he died alone, the only contact the police could find being me and 'terry'. :(

On a more cheerful note I'm still here, the AMT is still there, even the guild, YF if still there, though it's now allied to RAA. I can be found in Discord, though I use the name of the character RAA folk know me as. kirstenpheable
(Cursed and feeble if you can stand my awful puns)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye that made me tear up realising he was alone at the end, I had always assumed he'd got family as he tended to come across as the sort of guy who'd have been a great father, or at least uncle, and he always seemed like the kind of guy who'd have been able to make friends anywhere.

I sometimes wonder what happened to a lot of the other players from back then, although I do at least know that one of the old AMT crew was doing ok as of a few years back (he tracked me down via a thread on another forum).

Re the AMT i might have to pop in and visit the Yew tower and see what's it's like now, I've managed to keep the old one up despite EA's best efforts to have it fall down (I don't seem to get any emails from billing, so normally the first I know of a billing failure is looking at my card statement online and going "wait, where is the UO charge, ****").

I'm glad to see you and terry are both around (and hopefully keeping in good health), and playing UO, I've always enjoyed your choice of names, it may sometimes have taken me a few minutes (or days) to get them but they always make me smile.

What's the discord server? I'll probably try and pop in some time although my username on discord is really unimaginative (it's based on an AOL screen name from when I was 18).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the Europa Discord - or it is as long as the link stays valid
or just reach out to me, the discord username is the one at the end of my last post.

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is the Europa Discord - or it is as long as the link stays valid
or just reach out to me, the discord username is the one at the end of my last post.
Invitation expired - can it be renewed? Seems like more chat is happening in discord than ICQ lately, so this might be my opportunity to join discord :D