• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center 1 Update Info

G

galefan2004

Im lucky enough to have a 100% LRC suit that doesnt include jewelry. Im surprised more people dont have one. Its not hard, sheesh you can find low-mid price 19-20% pieces all over the place. So as far as Im concerned a 400 total Luck Ring and Bracelet set is about the only thing Im interested in. If the Devs cave and add some LRC itll make no difference to me. Chuck in that small amount of HP and MP regen, and its Win/Win with me.
Its easy to get a junk LRC suit that doesn't use jewerly. Its incredibly much harder to have a suit with 1200+ luck, +10 taming, and LRC on it and that requires jewelery.

I wouldn't even say that these items are bad, but you have to turn in 30 doom artifacts to get them. If you can afford to turn in 30 doom artifacts for these items you really don't need to be hunting to begin with. The problem most of us have had with the turns in is that the high end rewards are worth about 1000x less than the actual turn ins needed to get them.

I dont know how many other people did it, but as soon as the "partial" list was released a week ago I did a massive shopping trip, bought every map/mib/net I could find. As well as every Doom arti I could find. Bought every cheap 110 and 115 Powerscroll. Bought every single 50gp holiday gift, something like 70 Xmas trees. Im gonna end up with close to 1million points so its all good.
Nothing on that list is worth how much you probably ended up spending. I will never buy treasure maps because L6 maps are WAY to easy to get. Level 5 maps are really easy to get also as long as dark wisps are still killable. I would have waited for the points to be released before I bought anything.

G

galefan2004

so does it take all doom artis at 10k points each? including the stealables? cuz if so then none of these rewards are going to be worth much for very long...
Stealable items are not even on the list. When they say Doom artifacts at 10,000 points per they mean actual Doom artifacts. Thats my guess anyways.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well the stealables are technically doom artifacts... since they are artifacts and they come from doom, i am hoping its just the doom boss artis, just looking for some clarification

G

galefan2004

well the stealables are technically doom artifacts... since they are artifacts and they come from doom, i am hoping its just the doom boss artis, just looking for some clarification
Technically you are correct, but I think you are trying to have EA make sense when they write something, and your hopes are too high. They should have said Doom Guantlet Artifacts to begin with. In there defense, I'm not even sure they think of stealables as artifacts.

J

J0KING

I definately agree that the point system needs to be double checked for the holiday gifts.

Although I have many gifts to get rid of... what about the age of the gift? I still have a bunch of Happy *Insert Year* Anniversary Cakes laying about. Also, what about the bags, plates, mondain coins and timepieces? Surely these items would have a little more value than something handed out last year.

I understand that they shouldnt have HIGH point value due to the fact they were "free gifts"... but 50 points is in my opinion just a tad bit to low...

Either way... Have Fun!!!

D

Deb

I was thinking any item that had artifact in its name...like tokuno arties
stealable ones etc....but then again this might not be full list..only need
Jeremy can tell us, since she posted on Friday that that list was a partial.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can totally understand the +20 since some of the 120 power scrolls are useless so people might trade em in but who is giving up +25 or +20 stat scrolls? Those things are in high demand.

Erasmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if its an issue or not, but you need to have close to 2 million in points to get all items. If its intended to make all the items NOT obtainable by the masses, then I think they nailed it!

IMO The only people that will be able to get all the clean up items, with little/no effort will be those with a couple hundred extra doom artifacts, a bunch of gold coins, or if you have a plentlyful supply of Bezerkers Scythe...oh yeah you can also get the points from the Invals (which is really not something that was given out in mass, why is it being considered an item needed to be cleaned up?).

If you do not fit the above MO, anticipate there to be a WHOLE lot of clicking on the mouse coming up!!!!

My question is when are they turning it off? when does the clean up end?
Also, I think we need to remember this is a clean up, NOT a gift/exchange. All being said some point values could be worked up *shrugs*

P

packrat

If its a cleanup then maybe they should have given us a garbage can that can be emptied with one click. It gets fraustrating to sit there and place things in a garbage can and when its full you have to wait 3 minutes for it to empty.

M

Muu Bin

Let's see here... a 10 Powerscroll = 500 points and a snake skin + a ration = 500 points... That's just a laugh riot.... Had to put my 2 Cents worth in on the subject...
Also...

Ingenious Map Minor Artifacts 500pts
+
Ingeniously Drawn Treasure Map 1,000pts

So does this mean that once you complete the treasure map you can potentially have 1500 pts? Or... that the map has to be turned in uncompleted? If it's the latter then it is pretty much a no-brainer if you aren't too concerned about the incredibly fantastic, super-duper loot from a lvl 6 T-map.

Erasmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If its a cleanup then maybe they should have given us a garbage can that can be emptied with one click. It gets fraustrating to sit there and place things in a garbage can and when its full you have to wait 3 minutes for it to empty.
It would be great if some sort of mass turn in option was available!:bdh:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I think the holiday items being at 50 points is just fine. They are free items that you dont have to do anything to get.

If you dont want to turn them in for 50pts and work towards a shirt (For some reason you all want items to give you 50,000 pts so you can get the higher items.)

Thats not the point. Keep your Holiday gifts for all EA cares. Just dont scream and cry about how they take up your house space when EA gave you a way to get rid of them.

For all you dissapointed players out there you must not have played UO very long. Players have asked for the Archer Brutes for over 9years. The whole point is to rid the world of junk

The Treasure maps. sure go out and hunt in the dungeons and get maps to turn in. THATS THE POINT!!! Get online play the game go hunt somewhere meet a new person. Go on a guild hunt to get maps. *Page on the trammy leading monsters on you* *Get killed* Go back hunt for more items. Meet new people. Recruit for your guild. Become move active.

Go fishing on a boat with other fishermen. Pull up a sea serp kill the sea serp grab your sos. Get killed ask your friend to sail out and meet you to res you. Have him hang out on the boat with you. Fish some more. Pull up some nets. Call in your guild throw ten nets and see who lives!!!

The Holiday Items (Log into game. Grab items out of secure private house. Recall from house to chest. Turn in items. Get reward. Recall to house. Open Door. Close door. Log out.

Archery Brutes- Have an event for best shot in the realm. Meet new people. maybe have it at a tavern. Provide some ale. Hang out. Talk about the old days. Meet new people passing buy. Call guild. Invite some crafters over. hang out more. Finishing event. Go kill stuff and get more maps to get another archery brute faceing the east.

Doom is boring. Easy to get arties. Worth turning in now. Call your friends hang out get a group together of random people saying you have a gold skull. Meet new people. Fight along side eachother. Log out. Log back in the next day. Icq the people you met get them to log on. They have their friends log on because they have something to do.

So really all you complainers. Go play anoher game because if your this unhappy your prolly the reason why most people quit because your a pain in the butt in the game. (So really.... its your fault the game is slow)

D

DarkScripture

So will the Knights Armor We have now have those stats added.. IF not then these should be added to the turn in for full point value and let us get new ones.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've posted about this matter before. Although the items are great, they are making it too easy to get. I'll state it again, the gifts in order to work well has to satisfy the 1 day players up to 11 year veterans. Some may argue that since we've gotten those holiday gifts for free then why complain about turning them in for 500 pts. Simple it's a disrespect to the veterans because we kept the items for 10 years and are now given a choice of basically tossing them into the trash barrel, keep storing them for another 10 years, or turn them in for points that a simple doom artifact can bring in 20x plus.

The consensus for establishing a price per point has been roughly agreed amongest the community (a piece of knight armor sells for 5-7 mil). Thats basically 100k points = 5-7 mil gp. I know you developers have looked at the rares price guide and seeing some of them fetch well over 100 mil. There is a reason for that: 1. They are rare, 2. Veteran players who have amassed a great heap of wealth are looking for items of status. Therefore, bringing in these never been seen before top deco items at a mere 80k points is way too low and no wander you get all these posts that complain how easily these items are gotten. If you give them the proper worth say 500k-1 mil points, then the vet players will have someting to shoot for.

Those who remembered the clean up in 1997 raved about that event still today. Remind you the phenoix armor pieces back then were at 100k points. Now that was a goal worthy to accomplish. Mind you only few millionaires existed during that time. Weapons were only worth 100 points or so and in order to get 100k points worth for a piece of the phenoix armor you had to turn in hundreds of weapons. Or even fetched for the grand prize of Item Bless Deed which took 500k points. I remember those sold for 3-5 mil each when they first came out and only a few could afford it. You gotta keep dangling carrots in front of us to keep our interests high (veterans). There are literally thousands of things to satisfy the new players but only a handful if any to satisfy the veterans. (EM events was a good example, but you took those away) :(

Please rethink your point systems.

M

Melina Havelock

Some of the points (as pointed out) are way off. 50 points for holiday gifts?? Where are the Tokuno stealables? Why not add Bod rewards to the turn in? Where are the rest of the rewards? AND, yes I'm going to ask this AGAIN and if it annoys some of you, sorry. WHERE THE HELL ARE THE COCOA TREES?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn-in items :

SOS and MIBs 100pts? LOL
Powerscrolls 105 100pts? LOL
Powerscrolls 110 500pts? LOL
Leviathan Minor Artifacts 500pts? LOL
Paragon Minor Artifacts 500pts? LOL
Special Fishing Net 500pts? LOL
Powerscrolls 115 1,000pts? LOL
Stats Scroll +10 1,000pts? LOL
Fabled Fishing Net 1,000pts? LOL
Ancient SOS 1,000pts? LOLX3
Stats Scroll +15 2,000pts? LOLX3
Powerscrolls 120 3,500pts? LOLX10
Stats Scroll +20 3,500pts? LOLX3
Stats Scroll +25 7,500pts? LOLX50

Rewards:

Yucca Tree 15,000pts

nice devs! only 15.000pts for it...
now i can trash my rubble yucca tree, thx devs, your are ally cool!
nice imagination recycling items for rewards!

my compliments also for the points!!
bha!

A

Azureal

I've posted about this matter before. Although the items are great, they are making it too easy to get. I'll state it again, the gifts in order to work well has to satisfy the 1 day players up to 11 year veterans. Some may argue that since we've gotten those holiday gifts for free then why complain about turning them in for 500 pts. Simple it's a disrespect to the veterans because we kept the items for 10 years and are now given a choice of basically tossing them into the trash barrel, keep storing them for another 10 years, or turn them in for points that a simple doom artifact can bring in 20x plus.
Disrespect for people that hang onto stuff for 10+ years? What kind of respect do you want?

Why did you hold onto this stuff in the first place? So that at some point down the track you can PROFIT from them? Give me a break. You rares collectors have a lot of cheek, honestly. EA isnt helping this stupidity in any form by allowing the trade of pixels for RL cash either.

Yes, those are your choices.

Trade them in for points.

Stick them back on display in your pixel crack museums.

Sell them for RL money/profit.

You should be cheering, because honestly there are going to be people who do hand in there (insert free pixel here) they got 10 years ago, meaning theres one less in the game, thus raising the "value" of yours even more.

Respect? Gimme a break.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....And yet, noone knows where the REST of the stuff are...?

Also WHAT bug fixes? :wall: Unless you're talking about the Alliance invite and all? I admit I don't do much more than Doom/Champs/PvP but in these areas I notice nothing new at all.

And..

Client in KR still crashes every second log-in, random Animal Form 5-minute wait still here..
Problem with weapon-switching especially if KR considers your weapon(a cleaver) a tool.
Disarm bug with KR still here(can't re-arm your weapon at random times if you have been disarmed).
Still making a macro crashes your game after 2'-5'..
I could go on and make a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long list.

But oh hey, WE CAN MILK COWS. UBER. BEEN WAITING FOR T*H*A*T! :lame:

:bdh: Sorry don't mean to hijack but Pub 53 was supposed to be something bigger?

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can someone remind me where the handin guys are? neither brit one and the tokuno one dont take the stuff ive got but cant remember where the other one is?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Milk cows so we can use milk from cows to make chocolate after we grow it on new trees?????? Hopefully a box of candy, not those little sad things.

Maybe everything is not on the list. She said partial/some and it is exactly the same as was.

Well house resize did not work out for me at all so maybe something else will!

Can someone please explain the fire pit? It's just so puny of a fire and why a box? Good news is, it is a walk over item. The one in the picture actually looks like a firepit. The one on test does not. To me.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cant remember where the hand in guys are, 2 in brit, one in makoto jima but where was the other?

S

SilentFoxXy

I know its not about selling and buying, or value against no value, and rarity against usefulness, but.....just as an example.... Some items are hugely undervauled whilst others are ...kinda silly, when one can go buy these items /and or sell them....

Berserker's Scythe 10,000pts They Sell for 500k
Gold Sovereign 10,000pts TSF 650k
Stats Scroll +25 7,500pts TSF 4mill
Doom Artifacts 10,000pts TSF (Mid range Majors as an example) 1 mill

Ophidian Weapon (Mystic): 7,500pts TSF 50k

Stats Scroll +15 2,000pts TSF 10k

Stats Scroll +20 3,500pts TSF 100k
Stats Scroll +25 7,500pts TSF 4 Mill

Nocturne Earrings 5,000pts TSF 250k
Sherry the Mouse Statue 10,000pts TSF 500k
Scroll of Alacrity 20,000pts TSF 500k

Just a few small examples of how some items are MASSIVELY over rewarded, and others are simply Not! :)

Certainly not moaning, as a avid hoarder of +10 , +15 and 110, 115 scrolls, and a huge hoarder of the minor Doom Drops, over 300 T Maps and minor arties Im happy as a sand bug in the sahara, thanks devs, blinding:)

Just maybe the Higher end items, and in particular the High End scrolls, +25 and 120s, and the high End artis, orni,Jackals,Etc, maybe should be raised somewhat, and the minor items, espec the 105s, and the maybe dropped a bit.....

*Wanders off to view her sets of Knights and collection of each new item, after emptying her 1115 Scroll/Map/Doom items into a big pot and exchanging for 35 shinies :) Cleaning done, cleaning worked, great idea TYTYTY

*Mentions in loud voice- We dont have the publish YET, its on TC1, but we wont get it shardwise probably until next Wednesday is Pub 52 test and Origin was anything to go by.

But......Andrew is now available to help you decide your fate in Glow...:) Now this is fun

H

HiddenSprings

Hi all,

I seem to remember reading in an earlier post that one of the rewards was going to be a potted catus but I do not seem to see it on the list??

Was it just my wishful thinking??

L

Lord Drakelord

cant remember where the hand in guys are, 2 in brit, one in makoto jima but where was the other?
one guy at the east bank for rat's coins.

On TC I heard there was another at the artist guild. But that could be a rumor

T

T_Amon_from_work

Oh I am soooo glad I'm a packrat. You are not gonna believe this, but 3 weeks ago I picked up a backpack somewhere that had 32 Doom Braziers in it! As a Doom Stealable artifact, 32*10K = 320K points. Luck jewels? <shrug>

Then there are the skill scrolls I have, holiday stuff ... just Christmas alone I have over 100 snowmen, snowflakes, candles, trees, reindeer, sleighs. Then there are valentines, the holiday stockings of goodies. Other (M)arties. Oh good grief I am needing days to sort it all out.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Oh I am soooo glad I'm a packrat. You are not gonna believe this, but 3 weeks ago I picked up a backpack somewhere that had 32 Doom Braziers in it! As a Doom Stealable artifact, 32*10K = 320K points. Luck jewels? <shrug>

Then there are the skill scrolls I have, holiday stuff ... just Christmas alone I have over 100 snowmen, snowflakes, candles, trees, reindeer, sleighs. Then there are valentines, the holiday stockings of goodies. Other (M)arties. Oh good grief I am needing days to sort it all out.

Sorry but I think I am popping your bubble.

The Darkfather arties are going to be worth 10k. The stealables from what I can tell are accidently marked when turned in for 10k.

I dont even see the doom stealables or tok stealables on the list. I figured they meant to doom arties like the cursed cousins.

Any way I think there is going to be some changes.

I dont know maybe they meant any doom arty to be 10k but that will essentially waste turn ins. There are so many of them... I think I have 150 skull candles between my accounts and players.

We will see.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow... There is a whole lot of things that will make me drool.... But the ring and bracelet..... not sure they are worth the points. Sure 300 luck is NICE but...... without lrc or any added bonus's to taming or lore, peacing, music or provo .. Most likely I'm not gonna use points on them...

I'm VERY pleased that many of the other nice things aren't completely out of my reach.... I have always wanted an archery bute.... what a nice thing to give us. Concidering though that the valentine gifts and things are worth so very little..... likely those will continue to collect dust in my chests.... I can't see they are worth turning in for a measly 50 points... I mean part with a one of a kind gift with my name on it for just 50 points????? , Certainly not like you could go out and get more like Grobu's fur..... In order to get enough points to even get one item on that list it would take FAR more gifts than I have.... So this is kinda a downer but the rest pleases me.

True about the LRC on it.. I am used to 2/6 with at least 20 LRC... And sometimes some resist here or there. and 300k points... that is like 3000 Tmaps, or 30 doom artifacts. I mean, I know they changed doom for a little bit (but I believe they changed it back, accident or purpose?), but arties are still very hard to get now.

J

Jeremy

The cactus got pulled between Friday and the actual publish - sorry!

C

Connor_Graham

What about the various set pieces? Has anyone tried to turn any in?

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it the same community box as before or a seperate box. also were do you turn in the doom and christmas and valatine stuff. My husband banned me from test as he says i will make him get stuff on test to try things out and then get it on our home shard again. he claim being my slave in real life he can deal with but only half a slave in uo.

A

Azureal

Im feeling ya bro. Ive got probably 100-250 Doom stealables floating around. But as someone else said, it looks like a serious mistake, and will probably get fixed before the live publish. I expect Jeremy to pop in again at some stage and comment.

A

athlon

Should that knights set get bumped up?

I can put together a darkwood set with MUCH better bods:

+10 str
+12 HP
+30 DCI
+30 HCI *OR* +60 DI (or combination in between)
+25 Reflect Physical
100 Luck

The above darkwood set is UBER in comparison to the knight set

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

they say "Doom artifacts" not "Doom Stealable artifacts"!!!!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should that knights set get bumped up?

I can put together a darkwood set with MUCH better bods:

+10 str
+12 HP
+30 DCI
+30 HCI *OR* +60 DI (or combination in between)
+25 Reflect Physical
100 Luck

The above darkwood set is UBER in comparison to the knight set
sure it is!
but you'll get the knight set only this time.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should have been one really high end item at 500k or a million points. Something that a player has to dedicate a lot of effort and items to getting. If you get everything except the Alacrity Scroll and Guard Sashes it only costs 1,340,000 points. While that is a lot of points it is not so out of reach of many players. If just 1 item cost 1 million points it would make anyone who has one the talk of the shard.

As Manticore said in the original turn in system Item Bless Deeds were selling for up to 5 million gold. At that time gold was selling for $40-50 per million. If you translate that 5 million into today's value it is 160-200 million gold. Knight's Armor is only going for up to 8 million gold and those rings will probably go for 15 million. These prices are within the reach of so many UO players, the items won't be as highly prizes as Item Bless deeds or Phoenix armor.

R

RedDaTeef

I JUST TURNED IN A LVL 3 ARTIE ON TEST (THE BOOKS) AND GOT A 10000 PT TICKET! SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT IM LIKE ...WHOA!:beer:

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I JUST TURNED IN A LVL 3 ARTIE ON TEST (THE BOOKS) AND GOT A 10000 PT TICKET! SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT IM LIKE ...WHOA!
i hope this is a JOKE and not going to production shards...

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10000pts for a steable doom artifact = a doom artifact = berserker ****ye? lol
thats crazy!

L

Lariat

A few things that kinda rub me the wrong way...

This is supposed to help us clean up, right? Why are the stealables not listed? Many people have tons of these things taking up thousands upon thousands of lockdowns. If they're included in the 10k Doom Artifacts then that's just stupid for them to be worth THAT many points (plus, what about the Tokuno ones?). I'd say 100-500 points, or maybe 100 points per AR sounds better.

Also, we can turn in 105's, 110's, 115's, and 120's. You get as many as 12 scrolls from each spawn. What about all the champ skulls we've got laying around? You get one per spawn. Yes, they have another use, but only one of the skulls has any real value. The rest are as common as anything else on the list.

F

FarukAlazar

So... maybe I totally missed it, but, where exactly do you turn in the new stuff? I cant seem to find the spot.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the purpose of these clean-up events? Is it to create rare items or is it to create items that all UO players can enjoy? The last clean-up you could turn in anything and get points. This clean-up you can only turn in certain items. Most people will not turn in the old gift items because they are worth more to them than the points given them. The rare collectors say the points are to low and the majority is saying the points are too high. Most people that did the old turn-in and got what they wanted, with the exception of IBDs, and moved on. This will be the same with the majority of all UO players with this turn-in event. We will get what we want and go back to playing our game.

Are these events geared towards to regular UO player (NO) or are they going to stay geared towards the rare collectors (YES)?

R

RedDaTeef

The New turn in spot on Test is behind the wbb at the steps of the artist building. Some npc with a collector title.
Also if you start a new char on Test you will automatcally have 1,000,000 pts.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tokuno ones work. Minors count as normal Minors, and Majors count as Doom Majors.
what do you mean with this? minors and majors of TOT system or steable arties??

T

timbeOFbaja

A few things that kinda rub me the wrong way...

This is supposed to help us clean up, right? Why are the stealables not listed? Many people have tons of these things taking up thousands upon thousands of lockdowns. If they're included in the 10k Doom Artifacts then that's just stupid for them to be worth THAT many points (plus, what about the Tokuno ones?). I'd say 100-500 points, or maybe 100 points per AR sounds better.

Also, we can turn in 105's, 110's, 115's, and 120's. You get as many as 12 scrolls from each spawn. What about all the champ skulls we've got laying around? You get one per spawn. Yes, they have another use, but only one of the skulls has any real value. The rest are as common as anything else on the list.
This is NOT about cleaning up. If it were it would only include no longer spawning items. This is a pseudo-library turn-in.

R

RedDaTeef

As for which Tok arties...All...stealables...minors..and majors.
Stealables=10,000pts. (any level)
Minors=500points
Majors=10,000 (including dyes, doesn't matter how many charges are left on dyes)