• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center 1 Update Info

C

Connor_Graham

Treasure Map(Plainly, Expertly, and Adeptly Drawn) 100pts - Should be 100/250/400

Cleverly Drawn Treasure Map 200pts - Should be 500

Deviously Drawn Treasure Map 500pts - Should be 750

Ingenious Map Minor Artifacts 500pts - Should be 1000

IMO of course....

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The npc to turn in the new items is called Yonns and is behind brit west bank in front of the small bard shop.

The points tickets are still redeemed at the same box as the pub 52 hand in.

A

athlon

The only thing so far worth getting for PVM/PVP'ers (non collectors) is really the snakeskin boots.

Nothing else really helps a character out in battle - maybe the luck ring/bracelet - but when you already have 1400 luck, what difference will the extra 100 luck give? Like a .8% chance of your loot being bumped up?.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealables=10,000pts like a doom artifact from darkfather...
Stealables=10,000pts like a berserker shyt....
Stealables=10,000pts like 2 cursed artifact

i have no words....!

and what?
a little points for an ancient SOS?
a little points for a 115/120 ps?
a little points for a +15/+20/+25 stat points?

LOL! pathetic...

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd assume that:

- Current points showing in the reward chest will stay there untouched and available to use post-53?

- Current turn-in items will still be accepted as valid turn-in items by the appropriate npc (like rubble, cursed arties)?

- Current reward items (like snakeskin boots) will still be available to redeem even via new points?

--------------

Yes, hopefully they do make the artifact level tied to the point value. 10k for a stealable will mean the reward items will be as common as the items they replace. :) 100 points per artifact level with 'real' gauntlet artifacts (level 11) remaining at 10k would be fine. Tip for devs: Make sure to limit the item ID's to the gauntlet items or you will end up with tenth anni stuff being worth same. :)

L

Loquacious Wrath

Anyone yet consider the possibility that Stealables are worth so much because the Theif character is currently in need of being resurrected? What better reason to dust off your Theif and send him into Doom once again?

I am not certain that a Level 1 Rarity stealable should be worth as much as 10,000 points. I read a post here describing a system of Rarity 1 = 1000 points up to Rarity 6 = 6000 points and so on. I like this idea rather than a flat 10k points per stealable.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Repair Service Deeds now work for a Long Sword, orc, bear and tribal masks, right-facing Black Staffs, left-facing Crooks, and left-facing Clubs

Ancient Samirai Helm(smith), pitchfork(smith), wand(carpentry),
orc helm(tailor) and maybe The Redeemer(smith)
Repair Service Deeds don't still work for these equipments.
How will these equipments be done?

R

RenaLynne

Wish they were a little more specific about "doom artys". Stealable count or not? Has anyone tried on test yet? Otherwise, theres little things I would change like some holiday items being worth more than others, but am overall pleased.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm going on TC now to verify if this is true or no.

I dont like anymore the devs joking with me, with us and with our RL Money!

And if its true and it'll hit the production shard, i'll say "bye bye all" soon!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Verified NOW on TC...10.000pts for only a lvl1 arties....
Now i can trash my 15 berserker ****ie i worked on, hard, dying 1000 times...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some players are complaining about the ring/bracelet combo. I think they are awesome. Nice work devs :)

M

Moby Grape

Verified NOW on TC...10.000pts for only a lvl1 arties....
Now i can trash my 15 berserker ****ie i worked on, hard, dying 1000 times...
totally distrubed, they would even bring Phase II to test in this sad state.

Just trash it!

Give us heritage tokens with the new rewards on them, will have as much meaning.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Youre in there now, go tell em its messed up! Dont can stealables altogether, but tier the points as some players have suggested.
Stealables aren't canned. They are just not giving the right points atm. They will give points based on rarity level.

D

Deb

This is awesome news!!! Glad they are not canned and glad the points
will be adjusted.

A

Azureal

Stealables aren't canned. They are just not giving the right points atm. They will give points based on rarity level.
Best answer ever. My god. I think Im in love. More players should become game Devs, they know they value of a straight answer.

Im gonna ask my wife, and if she agrees to let me have a second wife (albeit one in a different country that I'll never see) Ima propose.

E

Edina Mondoon

Does holiday items include things such as:

Pumpkins and Jack o Lanterns from Halloween?

Colored Easter eggs from Easter?

I will definitely not be turning in any snow globes, sleighs or other Christmas goodies that are worth so much more than 50 points. But you sure will get all the candy canes and gingerbread cookies I have.

I also agree with all of those out there that it isn't even fair in the least that items such as SOS's and treasure maps, that can be "farmed" and turned in are worth so much more than items (such as holiday items) - it doesn't matter to me that these were given to us free, you actually have to be a paying player to receive these items once a year - so if I just started playing I could turn in all the SOS's and treasure maps and marties I wanted, but for someone like me whose been playing since almost the beginning, and holding on to all these wonderful holiday gifts, well... It just doesn't make any sense.

Now, here's an idea. Since Luck, as its been stated, does not affect crafting, why not give us a Scroll ala Powerscroll that would allow luck to benefit crafting, as in item enhancing? Why not give us a Scroll ala Powerscroll for alchemists and scribes that would allow them to utilise lower reagent cost?

Also, would like to know if ever the daemon bone armor set and the ranger armor set are ever going to get any more stats or properties, since they were so hard to get and my tailor can make bone and leather armor that is so much better than this hard to find armor.

That's my take on it.

A

Azureal

I also agree with all of those out there that it isn't even fair in the least that items such as SOS's and treasure maps, that can be "farmed" and turned in are worth so much more than items (such as holiday items) - it doesn't matter to me that these were given to us free, you actually have to be a paying player to receive these items once a year - so if I just started playing I could turn in all the SOS's and treasure maps and marties I wanted, but for someone like me whose been playing since almost the beginning, and holding on to all these wonderful holiday gifts, well... It just doesn't make any sense.

That's my take on it.
You sound more than a little hypocritical.

Firsrtly you mention that your holiday gifts, whilst free, were got by being a paid customer. You think I get to play for free when Im fishing up SoS and hunting for TMaps? Sure, you pay your monthly fee just like I do, but all you need to do for holiday gifts is log in at the right time, and poof, theres your free pixels. Atleast Im putting some effort into getting my mibs and maps. Dont use the whole "I pay, therefore I deserve", it just doesnt work.

Next you mention how wonderful all these gifts are in the same breath as saying the hand in points arent worth enough for them. Either they are beautiful enough to keep regardless of their points value, or you simply want something to exchange them for.

You have a price, but no-one has matched it yet by the sounds of things. Again people seem to think that simply by holding onto something for a long time makes it worth some unimaginable price.

As Gordon Ramsay says: Bollocks!

E

Edina Mondoon

Anyone could easily get a free 30 day account, do all the fishing and treasure hunting you want, turn in the items, and then pass them over to a main account. How are you going to do that with Christmas items?

So yes, you don't have to be a paying player to reap the rewards from turning in everyday items such as treasure maps and sos's. Just get a free 30 day account, collect all you can in 30 days, turn it in and there you go.

Can't do that with holiday items, can you?

And as far as having a price, I am trying to point out that my snow globes are worth a lot more to me than candy canes and gingerbread cookies and stockings and gift boxes.

A

Azureal

Anyone could easily get a free 30 day account, do all the fishing and treasure hunting you want, turn in the items, and then pass them over to a main account. How are you going to do that with Christmas items?

So yes, you don't have to be a paying player to reap the rewards from turning in everyday items such as treasure maps and sos's. Just get a free 30 day account, collect all you can in 30 days, turn it in and there you go.

Can't do that with holiday items, can you?

And as far as having a price, I am trying to point out that my snow globes are worth a lot more to me than candy canes and gingerbread cookies and stockings and gift boxes.
Holy crap. Can you seriously even imagine someone creating a 30 day account, and leveling a character sufficiently just to harvest MiBs and Maps? Youve got an excellent imagination, I'll give you that.

And while youre at it, simply create that 30 day free account DURING the holiday period.

Are 30 day trial accounts even available anymore?

Try as you might, youre still trying to get more for something that requires NO EFFORT over that which does.

Once again you point out how valuable your free gifts are to you, yet you want more value for them?

Z

Zippididooda

couple questions: can I turn in pub 52 turn-ins for points towards pub 53 rewards still, and if so are they still worth the same amount of points?
example: cursed arties in pub 52, 5000 points... are they turn-inable and still worth 5000 points?
can I turn in all my cursed arties and just save the points in the system, and wait for pub 53 to hit my shard, then take the new rewards with the old points?
I dont wanna log in and find out I wasted my points.
any answers are much appriciated, or if this info is out there can someone point me to it

A

Azureal

couple questions: can I turn in pub 52 turn-ins for points towards pub 53 rewards still, and if so are they still worth the same amount of points?
example: cursed arties in pub 52, 5000 points... are they turn-inable and still worth 5000 points?
Yes

can I turn in all my cursed arties and just save the points in the system, and wait for pub 53 to hit my shard, then take the new rewards with the old points?
Yes

S

SilentFoxXy

To carbon Copy a post elsewhere-

Artifact Level 1 Skull = Respawn every 90mins & Good chance of an unamoured thief to die at the hands of a Liche Lord, or Abysmal, or even god forbid, a paperwork skelly:)

Artifact Level 10/11 in Doom = 60 Mins Hiding/ 2 mins Word Of Death as DF dies

OK, I understand that the level 1s are easy to get, but come on, so are the Doom drops....

If folk are happy that a bonesmasher is 10,000, surely you should be happy that a level 5 is also 10,000

Personally, I fully agree, level 1 = 1000, 2 = 2000 is great, but to have the same level for an Orni, Or Blade Of Righteous (Ok, I know, noone is handing them in , but.....:) These High End rares artis should surely be worth the same as a Beserker Bardiche, or hell, even a Invalis= (2mill.....)

L

Limlight

You want a highly attainable ORNI to be worth the same as an item no longer attainable and worth 15-20x as much?

Orni = 10-12 mil
Invalis = 150-200 mil

Orni = Thousands exist
Invalis = less the 50 probably existed

D

Diggity

Has anyone tested the virtue armor/artifacts yet? Even at 10k points, the blessed armor pieces are probably too valuable to turn in, but the sentinel's guard/exemplar shields and jaan's staff/katrina crook weapons would be good turn ins for me. Particularly when they get worn down a ways.

L

love2winalot

It is funny how the comments are mainly based on what players have a lot of, or do not have a lot of, and the assumption that certain play styles should get more points than others.

Have a lot of maps: Yay, keep it like it is.
Only a few maps: Boo, remove maps from the list.

Kept all your holiday gifts: Yay, look at all my points for this junk
Threw most holiday stuff away: Boo, it was free, remove it from the list

and so on.

It is what it is, just play the game.Not everyone lived in Doom. Not everyone kept all the maps they ever had. Not everyone kept the holiday stuff. Most bought their power scrolls, and have 0 of them. Some players have Never fished in their life. Some people died so often in the rift, they gave up and have no plain swords or sheilds, or any other event item for that matter.

This turn in addresses a lot of different play styles, the age of your account, "older=more holiday stuff", power gamers at events/invasions, and pac rats. I like it. :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi has already mentioned in another post that thier will be changes being made concerning publish 53 and how the points will be allocated per item. Obviously with all the other things that are in the works mistakes were made or things were over looked.
The devs are reading these posts for everyones comments and i'm sure will be going over as much as they can in the time frame they have available to fix things. Most likely this will not satsify the whole player base but will make the majority of the players at least more comfortable with the system they come up with.
I'm kinda surprised they are including items which are still spawning, but considering all the hoarders out there I guese it makes sence. Plus it gives players who need more points an ancentive to get out thier and play more so they have enough points to acquire the things that would like to get.

maremmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thief: the most nerfed char ever...

now they give **** to us and u complain about how much points are fair .....
bah... they turned in cursed arties u could farm in past events.. but for stealables artis anw even if it is first rarity u HAVE TO WAIT and u can get only ONE!
so lvl 1 =1000
and so on....

who cares if u didnt steal them in years.. we thief did it and wait for our reinessance from loooooooooong time:D!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still spawning stuff is a great idea/news......

Get players back in doom and tokuna with there Theives!!!!
gives thieves some love!!!!

Get players back in champ spawns for the pvp!!!!
gives pvp some love!!!!

Get players just playing again!!! something old something new to do for some nice rewards.....

And get rid of the chests full of stuff in ya houses!!!

Its clean up Britania 2...so lets clean it up!!!...know what about phase3...mmmmmmm