• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center 1 Update Info

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Test Center 1 Update May 28 2008 1:21PM CST
Bug Fixes:
Added a 15 minute timer for a guild to accept an alliance invite. This means guilds will no longer get stuck in "invite pending" mode. (For guilds in this situation now, once the publish goes live, GMs will be able to resolve the issue.)
Vanguards and their allies will now teleport if they are attacked while in unreachable locations
Players are able to resize instead of demolish houses by saying "I wish to resize my house". NOTE: This DOES count as demolishing a house and WILL condemn existing houses on grandfathered accounts. (Further note: making housing changes (placing, demolishing, etc) on Test Center does not affect houses on production shards.)
Greater Dragons and Dread Warhorses will display properly in trade window
Statuette engraving tools will be available, sold by NPC tinkers.
Sand and Granite will have double resources in Fel now
Creatures will no longer teleport into private houses
Snake Skin Boots will no longer say Oak
Blood Oath can now be removed by eating an Enchanted Apple or using Remove Curse spell
Added a Priest of Mondain to Felucca Prism of Light area
Zoo Collection points will now decay more slowly
Lady Sylvanis will no longer chase people quite so far
Repair Service Deeds now work for a Long Sword, orc, bear and tribal masks, right-facing Black Staffs, left-facing Crooks, and left-facing Clubs
Player vendors can no longer hold a shield and a two handed weapon
Moonglow blacksmith regions have been updated to use repair deeds
Player vendors should now recognize the increased bank storage
The spelling of Velocity has been corrected when a player is hit by an arrow with Velocity
Taming Text will now appear over the head when pet is tamed.
You can now milk a cow (use an empty pitcher on it!)
Juka Bow has been fixed to show the correct str.
The Vanguard assault has become heavier
Spring Cleaning 2008, Phase II

A new set of turn-in items and rewards have been added to the existing turn-in system. These items are in addition to the Publish 52 items, and all points from Phase 1 can be used on Phase II items

Turn-in items
Holiday & Valentine Gifts 50pts
Grobu’s Fur 100pts
SOS and MIBs 100pts
Powerscrolls 105 100pts
Treasure Map(Plainly, Expertly, and Adeptly Drawn) 100pts
Cleverly Drawn Treasure Map 200pts
Powerscrolls 110 500pts
Stats Scroll +5 500pts
Leviathan Minor Artifacts 500pts
Deviously Drawn Treasure Map 500pts
Paragon Minor Artifacts 500pts
Ingenious Map Minor Artifacts 500pts
Special Fishing Net 500pts
Powerscrolls 115 1,000pts
Stats Scroll +10 1,000pts
Fabled Fishing Net 1,000pts
Ingeniously Drawn Treasure Map 1,000pts
Ancient SOS 1,000pts
Stats Scroll +15 2,000pts
Powerscrolls 120 3,500pts
Stats Scroll +20 3,500pts
Stats Scroll +25 7,500pts
Doom Artifacts 10,000pts

Rewards
Virtue Tiles (each) 10,000pts
Yucca Tree 15,000pts
Bamboo 15,000pts
Horse Barding 20,000pts
Dragon Head 50,000pts
Nest with eggs 50,000pts
Fire Pit 75,000pts
Beehive 80,000pts
Archery Butte 80,000pts
Luck Ring 150,000pts
Luck Bracelet 150,000pts

The Luck Ring has the following stats: Luck 150, FC 1, FCR 1
The Luck Bracelet has the following stats: Luck 150, FC 1, FCR 1
When worn together, the Luck jewelry gives the following set bonus: Luck 300, FC 3, FCR 6, HP Regen 2, Mana Regen 2

When the full Knight's Armor set (from the Publish 52 rewards) is worn, it gives the following set bonus:
HP Increase 6
MR 2
HP Regen 2
DCI 10
HCI 10
70 resists in all areas

L

Loquacious Wrath

Ok so now which items are the best? The ring and braclet combo will make luck lovers drool. I don't PvP so I have no idea if that Kight's Suit is worth using.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow... There is a whole lot of things that will make me drool.... But the ring and bracelet..... not sure they are worth the points. Sure 300 luck is NICE but...... without lrc or any added bonus's to taming or lore, peacing, music or provo .. Most likely I'm not gonna use points on them...

I'm VERY pleased that many of the other nice things aren't completely out of my reach.... I have always wanted an archery bute.... what a nice thing to give us. Concidering though that the valentine gifts and things are worth so very little..... likely those will continue to collect dust in my chests.... I can't see they are worth turning in for a measly 50 points... I mean part with a one of a kind gift with my name on it for just 50 points????? , Certainly not like you could go out and get more like Grobu's fur..... In order to get enough points to even get one item on that list it would take FAR more gifts than I have.... So this is kinda a downer but the rest pleases me.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What items are included in the "Holiday Gifts" category? Cause if you mean anything farther back than say... last Christmas... they sure as hell should be worth more than 50 points. I'm not turning a holiday timepiece in for 50 points, as an example. You damn well better not mean "untouched gift boxes", because not only is that counting between 5 and 10 or so items collectively as 50 points, not many people KEEP them complete. And if you DON'T mean any of the older items, why the hell didn't you specify that? You can't just say "holiday gifts" to people.. we've got 10 years of them sitting around.

Also, no turning in stealable artifacts? Why not? And what about NON-Doom major arties (the weapons and shields from the 10th anny drops, for example)? This falls into the same "why the hell didn't you specify" area... you can't just add an "etc." to the end of the list without us thinking you mean ALL of them.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50 poits per for holiday items???
lol
So I could either hand in the 3 chests full of holiday items I have collected throughout the years, or hand in the 2 uncursed bonecrushers I have and end up with the same ammount of points... now thats funny.

W

Wolfie

Where does it say that the jewelry set gives 400 and not 300?

L

Lord Drakelord

Rewards
Horse Barding 20,000pts

Dragon Head 50,000pts

Archery Butte 80,000pts
Ok I am a little concern here, all of these rewards are double, one facing east the other south, so if I was to set one up facing east, but wanted to change out I would have to get the same reward, but facing the other direction. Are we going to fix it so that we can change the direction of the reward with a menu gump, or use house tool to turn it? Or are you going to "FORCE" us to get both rewards? I just want one of each and I want to be able to turn it when I change anything at the houses.

Went and placed a tower to see the three items and also check with a housing tool to see if they can be turned. They cannot so if you wanted only one and later wanted to change the direction of it you would be out of luck

G

galefan2004

The Luck Ring has the following stats: Luck 150, FC 1, FCR 1
The Luck Bracelet has the following stats: Luck 150, FC 1, FCR 1
When worn together, the Luck jewelry gives the following set bonus: Luck 300, FC 3, FCR 6, HP Regen 2, Mana Regen 2
So for THIRTY DOOM ARTIFACTS I can have a crappy bracelet and ring set that is 300 luck. I could settle with a 100 ring/brace combo with stats I could actually hunt with for about 1000x less effort.

When the full Knight's Armor set (from the Publish 52 rewards) is worn, it gives the following set bonus:
HP Increase 6
MR 2
HP Regen 2
DCI 10
HCI 10
70 resists in all areas
Knights armor is blessed right? So, you can have this crappy suit that is a slight step up from virtue armor that requires more work to get it but is still worse than the bloodwood darkwood armor. That makes sense. I think I'll just keep paying insurance to have armor that doesn't suck though.

I really am disapointed with the price on the new items, and I'm glad I never wasted points on Knight's Armor because if thats all it is it seems like junk.

G

galefan2004

Ok so now which items are the best? The ring and braclet combo will make luck lovers drool. I don't PvP so I have no idea if that Kight's Suit is worth using.
I love luck but these items needed LRC on them. Also, why the hell do they think 3/6 is a good ring bracelet set...did they forget they capped FC at 2?

G

galefan2004

Concidering though that the valentine gifts and things are worth so very little..... likely those will continue to collect dust in my chests.... I can't see they are worth turning in for a measly 50 points...
They made items that people were actually hording that come only once a year worth 50 points each, but I can get 500 points from a treasure map. You do realise I can bring in about 50 maps a day easily just hunting paragons in ML dungeons right?

I still think its funny they think you should have to turn in 15 doom artifacts for a luck bracelet or ring that has no real bonus to it (and many pentalties) other than 50 luck over a decent luck bracelet.

L

Lord Drakelord

Knights armor is blessed right? So, you can have this crappy suit that is a slight step up from virtue armor that requires more work to get it but is still worse than the bloodwood darkwood armor.
Nope its not blessed.

On TC the ring-bracelet combo give 400 not 300, not sure if the web page is wrong or they goof on TC.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I am at a loss here, where is the other part of "some" of the turn in items?

Where is mouse hole, cocoa tree and what is that box thing that says fire pit?

It is just strange to me.

Can we resize a house on test? If house cannot be bigger will it say so up front?

Ok and I agree with what Crysta said. Also I saw ya Grimm, I sure did! :(

Ok the horse is totally cool! The bees too the trees are so cool, the um nest looks like poop to me. I mean like a pile of poop. Sry, it just does.

J

jelinidas

I sure hope this is a TEST run, I sure as heck can make more gold if I just wait til next Xmas to sell trees and raindeer. 50 points? Puhleese

If you want the items removed, throw a bone. It would take a lotta lil one of a kind Valentines to get to 70,000+ points. As usual, just my 2cents.

J

jelinidas

Um....what am I doing with the 100's of shields and swords from the Vanguards? Please tell me I do not have to wait another year to turn these in! :wall:

L

Lord Drakelord

Um....what am I doing with the 100's of shields and swords from the Vanguards? Please tell me I do not have to wait another year to turn these in! :wall:
ya I notice that as well, got like close to 30 of each myself, and was wondering where they are on the turn in??

P

packrat

Im with jelinidas. I thought we would be able to turn in the vanguard things?
What happened to the doom stealables? Geez.. I think this is turning out to be a big joke. 50 points for items that come around once a year and 500 for maps you can get in a matter of minutes...:wall:

Why don't the devs take a poll, ask questions from its player base or form a committee from players and ask a few questions and make a few suggestions. I think the player base has a better idea what we are looking for in reward items if we spend the time collecting the things to get the rewards.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I am a little concern here, all of these rewards are double, one facing east the other south, so if I was to set one up facing east, but wanted to change out I would have to get the same reward, but facing the other direction. Are we going to fix it so that we can change the direction of the reward with a menu gump, or use house tool to turn it? Or are you going to "FORCE" us to get both rewards? I just want one of each and I want to be able to turn it when I change anything at the houses.
Yeah that is a huge waste. You should be able to choose the facing. This is already the case for many house addons.

T

timbeOFbaja

You people are laughable. You all claimed to want to turn in holiday items because you had so many and would "love to unclutter your house" and then when you see that they aren't going to give you millions of gold for each one, suddenly they're irreplaceable mementos. LOL.

So I'm right again. The players really don't know WTF is good for them. Ask for something. Get it. Aren't happy. Surprise.

Anyway, hang onto your holiday items. In preparation for this patch I spent a couple hours of the past few days buying up holiday items at 10-25gp each and have about 400. And I'm sure I got about 30 marties during that time. I have plenty fo sources for a ton more. So you can buy your archery buttes from me and stuff them into your cramped castles. :D

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why do level 6 tmaps give the same amount of points as ancient sos's and fabled nets.... the difference in price of these items is extremely large and i really think u should change this, ancient sos should be worth atleast 5k points, also im pretty sure people aren't going to give in the +20 and 25 stat scrolls for the values they're worth, they're not easy to obtain and are much more useful than being turned in for something, still no idea why you won't put books of truth on the list

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are quite a few nice things in the publish. Overall I am pleased with the bug fixes. I have to admit that I am shocked by the low point value of the items in the spring cleaning turn-in. It doesn't look like I'll be able to acquire very many things on the list. 50points for holiday gifts? I won't be turning in any of those. I am also greatly disappointed that stealable artifacts are not included in the turn-in.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't like the concept behind Phase-II very much...
At least you could pretend that Phase-I made a minimum of sense in the game world: "the Royal Council is looking for tactical information about our current invaders, and will reward anyone who brings any items recovered during the recent battles".
Phase-II is just "dump whatever junk you are hoarding, since we don't have the resources to actually make treasure hunting or fishing useful right now"...
I also find pretty ironic that EA is rewarding us for tossing away stuff that they shoved in our backpacks for free every year during the holidays...

Oh well. At least the rewards are nice. Now I need to find 30 Doom Artifacts to trade with a jewelry set :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
love luck but these items needed LRC on them. Also, why the hell do they think 3/6 is a good ring bracelet set...did they forget they capped FC at 2?
-------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: rolleyes:

M

Moby Grape

Geez!!! I hate to be the only one, that likes the turnin just the way it is.

Make them happy, and give 50 points for any level T-map, if they are sooo easy to get.

What is the cut-off point for the Doom Arties, just artie 10 and above?

L

Lord Drakelord

where do i turn in those items at all?
At the Brit Castle are two soldiers, items are turned in too them, there is also a NPC at the east brit bank to take rat's coins, and on Tokuno there another NPC to take the orders from the Op invasion.

A

Adam Randall

And here are some of the house decorations and other items you'll be able to collect as rewards:
  • A special Luck bracelet and ring
  • Virtue tiles (to see what these look like, visit the Chamber of the Virtues in central Britain.)
  • A beehive
  • an archery butte
  • a firepit
  • a nest with eggs
  • a yucca tree, a stand of bamboo, or a potted cactus
  • a mounted Dragon head, for hanging on the wall
  • Horse Barding (for decoration only!)
So, where´s the cactus?

AND

WHERE´s the rest of SOME ITEMS?

Greetings

Adam Randall

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had a nice chat with my fishing partner, and she brought up an interesting thought.

Devs, ya might wanna bump up the points on the ancient sos to 5k, you have the sos and the net both worth 1k points. Now if any of you routinely played the game, you would see the problem here.

Why would anyone turn in the asos at all? its only 1k points. You are guaranteed a white net with each one you fish up (value: 1k points) plus you get gems, gold, and an occasionally useful item :)

So peeps, don;'t turn in your asos's, use em first and get all the good out of em. And Devs, shame on yall for not knowing this, sheeeeesh...:cursing:

A

Adam Randall

At the Brit Castle are two soldiers, items are turned in too them, there is also a NPC at the east brit bank to take rat's coins, and on Tokuno there another NPC to take the orders from the Op invasion.
I just asked, as those soldiers won´t take any doom arties at all, nor powerscrolls etc... (Edit: on TC)

greetings

Adam Randall

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
>> Player vendors can no longer hold a shield and a two handed weapon

If I happen to have a vendor currently holding a shield or two handed weapon (looks good btw), what will happen to the items after the patch? Do they go poof, do they fall to the ground free for the picking, are they grandfathered until removed? I'm sort of curious why this is being changed as well. If you are trying to limit vendors paperdolls from being used for additional storage then why stop at weapons?

Thank you for continuing to fix bugs.

L

Lord Drakelord

And here are some of the house decorations and other items you'll be able to collect as rewards:
  • A special Luck bracelet and ring
  • Virtue tiles (to see what these look like, visit the Chamber of the Virtues in central Britain.)
  • A beehive
  • an archery butte [one facing east, one facing south]
  • a firepit
  • a nest with eggs
  • a yucca tree, a stand of bamboo, or a potted cactus
  • a mounted Dragon head, for hanging on the wall[one facing east, one facing south]
  • Horse Barding (for decoration only!)[one facing east, one facing south]
So, where´s the cactus?

AND

WHERE´s the rest of SOME ITEMS?

Greetings

Adam Randall
And you have to get both directions on three of the rewards if you wanted to change directions at your houses.

G

galefan2004

You people are laughable. You all claimed to want to turn in holiday items because you had so many and would "love to unclutter your house" and then when you see that they aren't going to give you millions of gold for each one, suddenly they're irreplaceable mementos. LOL.
Never ever asked for millions of gold. They are currently worth 50 points. 105 powerscrolls, treasure maps, and mibs are all worth 500 points or more. I can get about 5 level 6 maps in an hour. I have to wait till the next holiday to get holiday items. That doesn't seem like its an issue with you? They should be worth 2500-5000 points seeing you are really only going to turn them in once and then wait for the next holiday to turn them in again.

So I'm right again. The players really don't know WTF is good for them. Ask for something. Get it. Aren't happy. Surprise.
Players asked for a turn in for semi-rare items that rewarded them with points that were worthy of giving up semi-rare items.

Anyway, hang onto your holiday items. In preparation for this patch I spent a couple hours of the past few days buying up holiday items at 10-25gp each and have about 400. And I'm sure I got about 30 marties during that time. I have plenty fo sources for a ton more. So you can buy your archery buttes from me and stuff them into your cramped castles. :D
Or we can go hunt for marties and t-maps and have more points than you. Do you honestly believe 30 marties is an accomplishment in a few days? I can get my t-mapper back up and get 30 marties in an hour after hunting for 6 hours to get maps and then turn in those marties and the maps (they don't go away when used) after I turn in the marties. That means for 7 hours I can get more points from items then turning in items I've held onto for the last 5 months. That is a major issue with this "clean up" system. It should have been called the collect junk to turn it in event.

G

galefan2004

Had a nice chat with my fishing partner, and she brought up an interesting thought.

Devs, ya might wanna bump up the points on the ancient sos to 5k, you have the sos and the net both worth 1k points. Now if any of you routinely played the game, you would see the problem here.

Why would anyone turn in the asos at all? its only 1k points. You are guaranteed a white net with each one you fish up (value: 1k points) plus you get gems, gold, and an occasionally useful item :)

So peeps, don;'t turn in your asos's, use em first and get all the good out of em. And Devs, shame on yall for not knowing this, sheeeeesh...:cursing:
Its actually kind of funny because you can either turn in the asos for 1k or you can go fish it up and get a net and other items and the net is worth 1k points, but if you use the net and kill leviathan you get a leviathan artifact and that is worth 5k. Its funny when you can use an item worth 1k points to get a 5k point item...kind of makes the 1 point item redundant. Also, you can sometimes get 2 leviathan artifacts.

D

Dragon Slave.

Doom Artifacts 10,000 points. hrm, does that include stealables like skull candles?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never ever asked for millions of gold. They are currently worth 50 points. 105 powerscrolls, treasure maps, and mibs are all worth 500 points or more. I can get about 5 level 6 maps in an hour. I have to wait till the next holiday to get holiday items. That doesn't seem like its an issue with you? They should be worth 2500-5000 points seeing you are really only going to turn them in once and then wait for the next holiday to turn them in again.
No.. they should be based on what item it is, and how old it is. A valentines card from this year or last year should be worth the least.. a bottle of eggnog or fruitcake from the first Christmas should be worth the most. Obviously stuff where we got a full set in a year would be worth less, except for the rare versions.

L

Loquacious Wrath

Isn't it more difficult to obtain a Minor Artifact through Paragon hunting than a LvL 6 Map?

Paragon Minor Artifacts 500pts
Ingeniously Drawn Treasure Map 1,000pts

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
love luck but these items needed LRC on them. Also, why the hell do they think 3/6 is a good ring bracelet set...did they forget they capped FC at 2?
You do know that 2 FC is only the cap for magery right?

Plus you could now use a -1 FC weapon and still be at the cap.

I for one am glad that all of these rewards are either deco items or mediocre armor/jewelry.

Kudos to the Devs for not caving in to a bunch of whiny brats who were hoping to turn in the crap they should have thrown out long ago for some overpowered uber 4/6 400 luck 40 lrc 20% LMC 10 MR, whatever else jewelry set.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ummm sorry bro, I didnt post that
I quoted that...
Not my words :p
I prefer to have my *own* foot in my mouth :lol:

D

Deb

Has anybody read if this is the final update for Phase 2, as it looks
like it is the same as what was posted last Friday.

A

Azureal

I can sort of see why most people are annoyed, they expected more for all this stuff theyve held onto for so long.

But then Im sorta under the impression that holiday stuff, regardless of how old it is was gained with NO RISK at all. You didnt have to fight for it. You just logged in one day, and it was there. For free. Not a spell cast, nor a weapon raised.

50 points for a free holiday gift actually makes me more annoyed at the 100 points for Ophid rations. Hell of a lot more effort on my part to kill Ophids than to recieve a free holiday gift.

Now, as for the gifts...

Un-turnable Deco Items

Think about it people. Just how many points do you have? By making you purchase one of each facing type, you spend more points. Its a points sink system.

Mounted Dragon Head

Ahahahaha, it looks stupid. The neck is FAR too long. You raise that up a decent amount itll start to come through the floor above. It just looks...dumb.

Jewelry

Im lucky enough to have a 100% LRC suit that doesnt include jewelry. Im surprised more people dont have one. Its not hard, sheesh you can find low-mid price 19-20% pieces all over the place. So as far as Im concerned a 400 total Luck Ring and Bracelet set is about the only thing Im interested in. If the Devs cave and add some LRC itll make no difference to me. Chuck in that small amount of HP and MP regen, and its Win/Win with me.

I dont know how many other people did it, but as soon as the "partial" list was released a week ago I did a massive shopping trip, bought every map/mib/net I could find. As well as every Doom arti I could find. Bought every cheap 110 and 115 Powerscroll. Bought every single 50gp holiday gift, something like 70 Xmas trees. Im gonna end up with close to 1million points so its all good.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see here... a 10 Powerscroll = 500 points and a snake skin + a ration = 500 points... That's just a laugh riot.... Had to put my 2 Cents worth in on the subject...

G

galefan2004

You do know that 2 FC is only the cap for magery right?

Plus you could now use a -1 FC weapon and still be at the cap.

I for one am glad that all of these rewards are either deco items or mediocre armor/jewelry.

Kudos to the Devs for not caving in to a bunch of whiny brats who were hoping to turn in the crap they should have thrown out long ago for some overpowered uber 4/6 400 luck 40 lrc 20% LMC 10 MR, whatever else jewelry set.
Actually if you wanted to stay with 3/6 becoming 2/6 I guess this negates the pentalty on the vesper luck shield. However, I still perfer the swords of prosperity for a luck suit. Also, yes its 4/6 for paladins, but how many paladins do you know that actually throw luck gear on to go hunting? These are even worse items if you consider that someone other than a tamer is even going to bother putting them on, and the tamer will just wear them when they wear their luck suit.

Nice of you to make over reaching judgements. I simply said that they are nice items, but to get them you have to turn in 30 doom artifacts...come on! If anyone is stupid enough to turn in 30 doom artifacts for these items they need their heads examined.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so does it take all doom artis at 10k points each? including the stealables? cuz if so then none of these rewards are going to be worth much for very long...