• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tameable Bane Dragons

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Tameables found at the area surrounding the Slasher Of Veils. (So were the Hell Hounds but idk what they have normally to know if they were anything special - & couldn't be bothered to find out.)

They need subduing before Taming, though theres no indication when that happens, I Tamed it redlined with about 30 hp left.

They lose their poison immunity when Tamed. Also lose (as far as I can tell) their ability to breath + poison while mounted but they can still breath + poison while attacking.

They can't be armoured.

Notice, they have no prefered food, this probably means you need to take part in the event, pushing one side back completely to get the Blackrock Stew, which is difficult to get, and if you need two of them (one before and one after a week) it could take a lot of effort.

Edit: Forgot to mention, they take 3 follower slots.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so they release dread mares basically, but change the art to a swampy. and make it poison user instead of fire.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder, Would feeding it the pet treats count as 'food' and let you bond it that way?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think any food that a tamable accept can bond it for you.

The stats are identical to dreadmares very interesting indeed.
Since I am not on TC could anyone explain a bit more on its poison and breathe attack?

Is it fire breathe attack + the ability to inflect poison on its melee attack? Or is it a poison breathe attack like the hydras? or it casts poison on top of its breathe attacks?

Anyhow it will give the none dreadmare players another chance to load them up, it will be very very interesting if those dreadmares-in-disguise are here to stay permanently.

Thank you.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, the breath does damage AND poisons? Seems a bit OP. I hope its a low level poison at least.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if anyone has asked or tried yet, but difficulty? Being they are in the shape they are, are they a 29.1, or were they much harder to tame and stubborn to commands from those without skills? :)

M

maroite

Not sure if anyone has asked or tried yet, but difficulty? Being they are in the shape they are, are they a 29.1, or were they much harder to tame and stubborn to commands from those without skills? :)
Guessing you need taming to control/use these, just like the dread warhorses. This is not an "anyone" tame from the stats. And if it is, the devs seriously F'd up.

And by needing taming/lore I mean you Probably need 90+ of each just like the dread warhorses.

W

wee papa smurf

I just heard a BANG......

.......... must be the prices of dread mares dropping?

:bdh:

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New art on the bane dragons please. Swamp dragon art looks bad in 2d.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The mount is cool and I see someone over there found a way to get that pet dye in game. Sneaky...sneaky...
:stir:
(Always)

If I recall correctly a wonderful lady (Sakkara) went over batting her eyelashes at someone. By doing this she got a turkey to use for the Thanksgiving event. Someone should go over there again and bat their beautiful eyelashes for a Bane Dragon graphic upgrade *Grins*

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um O M G

those do 60+ fire breath damage ? great ...
Based on 600 hp they would do around 36 damage breath to 70% poison resist if I'm reading the description right, but with the breath nerf I'm not sure. Their resistances seem a lot better than a Dread Warhorse though, hm.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I saw this one coming from a mile away, when someone posted the spoilers that they found in the cliloc files. And the resists look to be about the same as a dread warhorse. I'm wondering if they can have barding put on them.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
0 taming -- no chance
25 taming -- no chance
50 taming -- no chance
75 taming -- no chance
90 taming -- no chance
100 taming -- no chance
110 taming -- succeed
105.1 taming -- no chance
109 taming -- succeed
108 taming -- succeed
107 taming -- no chance
107.1 taming -- succeed

107.1 to tame

tamed with 120/100, failed first command to all follow lol and second these are tough buggers to tame

"The creature looks at you strangely and shakes it head no"
(result of dropping rib on it)

doesn't like raw ribs, rofl well i don't know how to get its loyalty up

hell hounds have red names, are red hued, don't seem different from normal ones to me

572/109/135
527 str 109/135
70/41/45/50/34

Interesting that poison is listed as -- because they can use poisoning in melee when wild, I can't control this guy though worth crap.

Changed to 120/120, now commands seem to work well lol.

LOL these are hard. Even at 120/120 two fails dropped it to Very Happy from stable standing of Extremely.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw this one coming from a mile away, when someone posted the spoilers that they found in the cliloc files. And the resists look to be about the same as a dread warhorse. I'm wondering if they can have barding put on them.
Lord GOD tested barding said he couldn't

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
wow, the breath does damage AND poisons? Seems a bit OP. I hope its a low level poison at least.
You are aware that dreads have a poison attack as well?

Lord GOD tested barding said he couldn't
That's probably a good thing. I'd hate to see the resists that these would have if you could put verite barding on them... :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Lord GOD what was tamer's loyalty to Bane? I wonder if you need to be Loyal to bane to feed it? Because if you need Blackrock Stew, as you suggest they might, omg, what a worthless thing :p and even if its Blackrock or Blackrock Crystalline, eww, lol.

edit: does not eat crystalline blacrock "shakes its head no." then I tried to take it to rehab, and it said, "no, no no." :/

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
:stir:
(Always)

If I recall correctly a wonderful lady (Sakkara) went over batting her eyelashes at someone. By doing this she got a turkey to use for the Thanksgiving event. Someone should go over there again and bat their beautiful eyelashes for a Bane Dragon graphic upgrade *Grins*
Actually swamp dragons look pretty sweet in the enhanced client. That's one of the models that looks a lot better than their 2D counterparts. :)

Y

Yen Sid

Actually swamp dragons look pretty sweet in the enhanced client. That's one of the models that looks a lot better than their 2D counterparts. :)
Except they have 4 legs instead of 6 :sad4:. Do you have to be loyal to the Bane side in order to tame these?

I can't wait for this to hit Origin :D.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a blackrock stew if you want it to test what happens?

Do you have any loyalty? I have about 1.7k atm.

Im at the bane camp on Boron.

Thunderz

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah crap I just logged out. I was the noob on G.v.P Disco something I'll log back in haha.

Tamed a second,
603/103/131
538 103 131
63/40/38/57/21

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like -7000 or worse.
Okay Thunderz and another dude and I tested out stew, two stew got a dragon bonded. Now I'm wondering though if loyalty has any effect on control at all... Thunderz was, and correct me if I'm wrong, like 1700 loyalty i think

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Okay Thunderz and another dude and I tested out stew, two stew got a dragon bonded. Now I'm wondering though if loyalty has any effect on control at all...
Which camps chest did you get the stew from?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which camps chest did you get the stew from?
Other dude said stew is a quest from Bane side, 20 crystalline turn in for each stew @ 2,000 loyalty (he had 2,500 he said).

Thunderz got one stew off of an Ophidian corpse, but we aren't sure if it looted it from a player either.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats that poof thing?

Have bonded one with 2 bowls of stew and got a message "the bane dragon has now returned to maximum power".

Cant work out what there for apart from just a deco event mount as they need 107 taming to controll (got really unhappy with 100 and at 1700 loyalty). They take up 3 slots, from what we tested having loyalty at 1500 and 2500 it doesnt make any difference with reguards to controlability/strength or anything. You only need taming and lore to controll so they dont seem to be linked to the event or loyalty in any way as of yet with reguards to controlling them.
Not sure what one would be like full trained (Need a train gate in new haven to test it).

Thunderz

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit: Forgot to mention, they take 3 follower slots.

Do I therefore understand it right that, the tameable Bane Dragons are only "half as good" as compared to Greater Dragons ?

Greater Dragons, infact, take up 5 follower slots which is almost twice as 3............

Or, instead, Bane Dragons with their 3 follower slots are "more bang for the buck", so to speak, as compared to a Greater Dragon ?

Bottom line is, will Bane Dragons make Greater Dragons become obsolete ??

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah. Nothing is going to top a Greater Dragon for a long, long time. 85 phys 90 fire and up to 999 hp is pretty unbeatable.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah. Nothing is going to top a Greater Dragon for a long, long time. 85 phys 90 fire and up to 999 hp is pretty unbeatable.

I see, so it is just going to "fill in" the Dread Warhorse users ?

Or, I should better say, a new tameable in support of those who missed the Dread Warhorse spawn back then ?

By the way, Dread Warhorses are also 3 follower slots ?

And if so, how do the Bane Dragons compare to the Dread Warhorses ?

Too bad for Gargoyle tamers who cannot ride, though......

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe blackrock stew will end up being made by cooks or something. There's got to be a way to feed them once the event ends.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Other dude said stew is a quest from Bane side, 20 crystalline turn in for each stew @ 2,000 loyalty (he had 2,500 he said).
I thought Thunderz got his from a chest, which would mean its still viable to fight for either side, otherwise it isn't.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if so, how do the Bane Dragons compare to the Dread Warhorses ?
This is what I have as MAXIMUM post-tame stats, resists and skills for dread warhorses:

650 hit points / 555 strength / 125 dex / 160 intelligence

75% physical / 40% fire / 40% cold / 60% poison / 50% energy

100.0 wrestling
100.0 tactics
100.0 resisting spells
100.0 anatomy
100.0 magery
100.0 evaluate intelligence
100.0 meditation

From the posts made by Lord GOD and G.v.P., it looks like the bane dragons will have stat and skill maximums similar to those for dread warhorses. Resists, though, look like they may be a bit different, i.e., potentially higher fire resist and lower energy resist than found on dread warhorses. Perhaps the bane dragon max resists will work out as 75% / 50% / 40% / 60% / 40%? (Same as dread warhorse except for switching places on the fire and energy maximums.)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought Thunderz got his from a chest, which would mean its still viable to fight for either side, otherwise it isn't.
No sorry i got it as loot of an orphidian, i got a relic from the chest.

Someone got a new arti from the chest, pair of bone arms, cant fully remember what was on them or there name but it was something like:

casting focus 2%
mr 2%
lmc 5%
lrc 18%

Thunderz

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I had a Dread Warhorse with 162 Int not blessed at the time. Its on an inactive friends account atm though.

Oh, something else I forgot to mention, one of the skills, either Tactics or Resist, was over 100 before Taming on the Bane Dragon.

C

chuckoatl

If they are trying to balance the game (which they are) these were needed. Not everyone got or has a dread, they had to impliment something to give some people a chance to have one.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahahaha! the dread gherkin... Hmm, it has the stats, but sadly it lacks the looks lol.

I don't see dreads falling in price to a huge extent, given that they look so much better than the bane dragon. I do pity the PvP community though, because looks aren't so important over in Fel.

Wenchy

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are trying to balance the game (which they are) these were needed. Not everyone got or has a dread, they had to impliment something to give some people a chance to have one.
The developers do not have to do anything. There are perks for those who leave the accounts constantly open and also perks for those who do events and those who choose not to, I have mini cities on top of my keeps all of them from the magencia rubble, i may sell 1 or 2 pieces but if you missed the event and were upset that you didn't get any you demand the developers put in a way to get it?

You are the player type that pushed AOS, I demand this, I demand that it is not fair. WAA WAAA that guys sword is better than mine we need cookie cutter templates so everything is fair. You want everyone to have the same things go play wow or war hammer, don't bring that crap to this sandbox

Y

Yen Sid

I had a Dread Warhorse with 162 Int not blessed at the time. Its on an inactive friends account atm though.

Oh, something else I forgot to mention, one of the skills, either Tactics or Resist, was over 100 before Taming on the Bane Dragon.
Probably tactics, someone posted a dread with 108 tactics at some point (I'm too lazy to find the post atm).

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers do not have to do anything. There are perks for those who leave the accounts constantly open and also perks for those who do events and those who choose not to, I have mini cities on top of my keeps all of them from the magencia rubble, i may sell 1 or 2 pieces but if you missed the event and were upset that you didn't get any you demand the developers put in a way to get it?

You are the player type that pushed AOS, I demand this, I demand that it is not fair. WAA WAAA that guys sword is better than mine we need cookie cutter templates so everything is fair. You want everyone to have the same things go play wow or war hammer, don't bring that crap to this sandbox
Or you could take your selfish hoarding attitude and find another game yourself. This swings both ways, you're not more worth as a subscriber just because you happened to lag up the server at a specific event.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I disagree.

To my opinion, an unbalanced game is a game that for some players is less playable (and thus, less enjoyable.....) than for other players.

This, eventually, alienates players away from the game thus hurting the game's revenues and, consequentially, the ability for all players to play the game (if the servers close down for lack of sufficient revenues no player will be able to play the game any longer.....).

So, balancing the game out, always, at any time, is as I see it paramount to maintaining a lively and competitive game. This, particularly when the game has PvP among its features.