• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Successfully Trained Pet Thread

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to kill your character when this happens. Res and it lets you train. On TC1
Yes indeed, in my post I did mention that was the work around, but thank you for making that more clear to other readers.

We wish you good fortune in the adventures to come,
Frederick
Elayo

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has become a thread with a wealth of information and I read a post from @Kylie Kinslayer about soloing Dreadhorn with Najasaurus. I hope Kylie will post some pics of the build so we take a peek. I was thinking of building one out just for say Dreadhorn and see if I cant tweak it to do a little more damg making it go a little faster.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So has anyone trained their dreadmare? I'm still so confused on training these beasts up and I will definitely hold off on training "Majestic" until I know what I'm doing. You can't get those beautiful beasts anymore so I don't want to mess it up.
Dreads are mages, if you set up mystic or spellweaving you will ruin it. There is no room for anything else than magery (magery/eval/medit) and have a decent dread.

I would go like 600ish hp 150stam 450-490mana / 600str 150dex 700int (pvp this is ye?) Then 8x120 120 magery eval medit resist parry wrestling anat and tactics.

Dont forget 20mr 10hpr and if you still got spare points after that rise a bit more mana pool.

Regards.

Jack_Uo

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having so much fun with najasaurus. This is Nagini, my naja with armor ignore/venomous bite (and the default poisoning). I've been doing mostly Navrey to train her up, and even with half of her damage wasted on Navrey's 100 poison resist, I still get loot rights, so she's A-OK with me! I've taken her to fan dancer dojo and she basically doesn't need me. Health never gets below 88% with multiple mobs on her. I love the overcapped dex - she's so fast! And the overcapped resisting spells will help in a lot of places.

nagini-naja.jpg

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This guy is so much fun I can't even handle it! Meet MewTwo, my white tiger. Also posted in the wild tiger thread. I've got enough room to scroll him up some more but I might not even bother. This guy can take Doom spawn and the Dark Father without flinching. I died twice and he just kept on tanking DF. Never died. And he's not even fully skilled up yet!

mewtwo-whitetiger.jpg

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is one of my current preferred pets. Being gargoyle i dont need a rideable, and wanted to avoid the trend of everyone using Cu Sidhes so i went for a different self healing pet. I havent finished spending all the points (need more 120 scrolls) so i have included its planned final training. Excuse the noob paint skills. I havent decided whether to redo it and leave off poison breath for something different.

Attachments

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice Naja i hear they do well in Dreadhorn but need to build mine to prove it. The best way i find my lions and sabers with healing is to get them to heal themselves before i tame them. So keep beating them down and soon you will hear the them trying to band themselves. Remember they have 0 skill so will fail a lot and once one heal lands you will notice the skill has 1.X and will see healing in the lore page. If after beating them down a few times (almost dead) and letting them try to heal up above half and still no gains kill it and pull another rinse and repeat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anybody have any cool Ki-Rin temps? Is there a temp worth scrolling up?
If they had more points they would be a magery Nightmare without fire breath. They should have 1500 more points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can train one. Just dont put scrolls on till the end. You'll find they would take all the points away.

Finegold

Journeyman
any good 2 slot nightmare builds out there and where do i put skills in what first?
This is my old 2 slot mare.... she seems to be performing well with limited field testing.

Slot 2 - 3
Mare_2-3.JPG

Slot 3-4
Mare_3-4.JPG

5 slot Mare - Finished Product (forgot to take screenie of training plan 4 - 5)
Mare5a.JPG Mare5b.JPG Mare5c.JPG Mare5d.JPG Mare5e.JPG Mare5f.JPG

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's possible to get a two slot Najasaurus? I have been looking and I have only been able to find 3 slot ones.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it's possible to get a two slot Najasaurus? I have been looking and I have only been able to find 3 slot ones.
Kill the 3 slot ones until a 2 slot one appears. They are common.

Gabriel Rowe

Adventurer
So I just finished training a Lesser Hiryu up which I gave Frenzied WW and Bushido. It's essentially a "Double WW" aoe build and has been working out great against lower level champ spawn. The range of the aoe is more controlled vs. goo and the damage output is considerably higher than goo as Frenzied WW scales off ninjitsu. I have not scrolled this pet out yet but I have room to add all 120 scrolls. My recommendation is to find a Lesser w/ as close to perfect STR/HP as possible b/c you will be spending ~1k points to add both Frenzied WW and Bushido. Below are a few screenshots:

UOSA - Gabriel Rowe (Atlantic)  12_10_2017 10_41_06 AM.png
UOSA - Gabriel Rowe (Atlantic)  12_10_2017 10_41_24 AM.png
UOSA - Gabriel Rowe (Atlantic)  12_10_2017 10_41_56 AM.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made a new dog yesterday. I got his skills up to 100 then fed it some scrolls. Skilled it some today. Then decided to test it.

It laid waste to the plain ones while keeping his life at about 90%. (no healing no consume.) Then the paragon popped so I could start the test.

I turned on consume at the beginning.

upload_2017-12-17_23-25-1.png

Usually I have to toss a few heals at the beginning. But this dog didn't need them. He ended the fight quickly.

upload_2017-12-17_23-27-16.png

Here is what it looks like. I chose something with fire because it is a red dog. Im running out of scrolls so I could only use some low ones.

upload_2017-12-17_23-57-40.png

When you don't choose a magic you have room for HP and HP regen.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man, that looks like so much fun! My taming excitement has fallen completely off the map since scroll costs are so astronomical and with ever present spawn cams running getting them on our own is virtually impossible. It sucks being a UO pauper!

Alas, I'll never have a fully scrolled out pet at this rate and the fun has worn off training pets to just 100's. It was fun for a while but with no way to move up to the next level I've moved on to other pursuits. Maybe if they make 120 scrolls available in the UO store I'll go back and work more pets. ;)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Man, that looks like so much fun! My taming excitement has fallen completely off the map since scroll costs are so astronomical and with ever present spawn cams running getting them on our own is virtually impossible. It sucks being a UO pauper!

Alas, I'll never have a fully scrolled out pet at this rate and the fun has worn off training pets to just 100's. It was fun for a while but with no way to move up to the next level I've moved on to other pursuits. Maybe if they make 120 scrolls available in the UO store I'll go back and work more pets. ;)
110 scrolled pets are very effective and if you ha e to buy you can scroll out a pet for less than ten mill. Or there are the cold drakes for even cheaper costs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You could tame Cus until you get some colors like white, black, and red. Then go to atlantic and sell them in chat. Good stat ones can get 30M each. I bought out many scroll vendors there this weekend. The resist was prob the most expensive scroll on that dog. The 110s were not a bad price. I didn't have to go down to 105s.

If you cant transfer, find a tamer on your shard who can. They are easier to sell if the stats are at 100. Also you can get them trained but dont put the points on the last stage.

I can make a few new pets while I am on Christmas break!!!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You could tame Cus until you get some colors like white, black, and red. Then go to atlantic and sell them in chat. Good stat ones can get 30M each. I bought out many scroll vendors there this weekend.

The cu selling is a good idea.

And.... that's where the scrolls went this weekend ;). So tell us, what are you planning on trainino?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a 2 Black Cu, another red, a white, a pink, a brown, and some blues that are ready. I just need some new combos that I don't already have.

This may be the last of my colors. The guy who has been looking for a Blaze every day, got one on Saturday... I am human and dont have the patience to tame over and over. He gave me his rejects.

I have 3 new green lessers. They will bond this week. Im gonna try out the Bushido/ Chiv switch out on one.

Gonna work in Mortal Strike on something.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could tame Cus until you get some colors like white, black, and red. Then go to atlantic and sell them in chat. Good stat ones can get 30M each. I bought out many scroll vendors there this weekend. The resist was prob the most expensive scroll on that dog. The 110s were not a bad price. I didn't have to go down to 105s.

If you cant transfer, find a tamer on your shard who can. They are easier to sell if the stats are at 100. Also you can get them trained but dont put the points on the last stage.

That's not a bad idea! I can transfer and have tamed my share of Cus looking for that elusive blaze myself... Of course the sad thing is that when the new taming changes came out I released about 15-20 colored Cus on several shards just to make room for new pets. I never thought there was a market for them and they were all untrained but skilled up to all 100's - every. single. one.

My richest shard has about 20 million in gold total at the moment so knowing I tossed a good bit of gold down the tubes is a bit... depressing... ;)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Of course the sad thing is that when the new taming changes came out I released about 15-20 colored Cus on several shards just to make room for new pets. I never thought there was a market for them and they were all untrained but skilled up to all 100's - every. single. one.
I cry for all the beautiful animals that were abandoned when 97 came out.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a 2 Black Cu, another red, a white, a pink, a brown, and some blues that are ready. I just need some new combos that I don't already have.

This may be the last of my colors. The guy who has been looking for a Blaze every day, got one on Saturday... I am human and dont have the patience to tame over and over. He gave me his rejects.
I think you are addicted to dogs. Lol. I actually got several the past couple weeks from an alliance mate who was farming for a blaze. He ended up with a really nice blaze, near max hits, low 70s cold/energy.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have 3 new green lessers. They will bond this week. Im gonna try out the Bushido/ Chiv switch out on one.

Gonna work in Mortal Strike on something.
The Bushido/Chiv switch I was excited about, until I realized it cost 1 point each time you switch. I still trying for a long term
all around pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you are addicted to dogs.
I am moving pets around so I got distracted and found the Reptalon I had yet to finish. I had my spare Cus on a new tamer I made, so they are not bonded until next week. A different tamer has got the Blaze bug and she knows how to rate her finds. I am buying her high end Cu scraps at a good price.

I decided to go with Chivalry and AI. I wish they could get an Area and AI. They have all the area abilities available.

The 2 slot Reptalons have a lot of points!

Reptalon:

upload_2017-12-19_23-3-55.png

This is not the killing machine the Red Dog is. It needed a lot of healing when the Chiv was only 50s. It is now curing and removing curses very nicely. I have to run Consume when killing plain Balrons. It took a lot longer to kill a paragon Balron. (Balrons have 100% poison resist) It just needed consume, so it is a killer. It will get better as the Chivalry increases. It can tank Navrey with consume. They have poor Mana regen.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am moving pets around so I got distracted and found the Reptalon I had yet to finish. I had my spare Cus on a new tamer I made, so they are not bonded until next week. A different tamer has got the Blaze bug and she knows how to rate her finds. I am buying her high end Cu scraps at a good price.

I decided to go with Chivalry and AI. I wish they could get an Area and AI. They have all the area abilities available.

The 2 slot Reptalons have a lot of points!

Reptalon:

View attachment 75388

This is not the killing machine the Red Dog is. It needed a lot of healing when the Chiv was only 50s. It is now curing and removing curses very nicely. I have to run Consume when killing plain Balrons. It took a lot longer to kill a paragon Balron. (Balrons have 100% poison resist) It just needed consume, so it is a killer. It will get better as the Chivalry increases. It can tank Navrey with consume. They have poor Mana regen.
So... What your saying here is the Reptalon is still a pile of steaming dung despite the Pet Revamp... No?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... What your saying here is the Reptalon is still a pile of steaming dung despite the Pet Revamp... No?
It is a lot better than they were before. I think it will be better when I get the Chiv above 100. I put low scrolls on it so it does not cost much. It isnt a dud.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It is a lot better than they were before. I think it will be better when I get the Chiv above 100. I put low scrolls on it so it does not cost much. It isnt a dud.
I'm not convinced.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not convinced.
LOL You noticed I stopped bad mouthing any pets that have enough points. That 75% energy damage could be used for something out there. If you have a few of them on a single target, the paralyze works pretty good.

I think the slower killing has to do with the slow mana regen.

Also LS has tamers that use some weird builds and they have fun.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL You noticed I stopped bad mouthing any pets that have enough points. That 75% energy damage could be used for something out there. If you have a few of them on a single target, the paralyze works pretty good.

I think the slower killing has to do with the slow mana regen.

Also LS has tamers that use some weird builds and they have fun.
It really all boils down to what you like... Personally I'm loving my Unicorn with Conductive Blast and AI.... My Cu with Discord/Conductive Blast... and my Dread Spider... Goo only added totally scrolled 120... I'd like to do another Spider... I wish I could tame the Sentinel Spider. But they would probably nerf that to obscurity like the Skree, Phoenix, and the poor Shadow Wyrm.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look at theis page to see how much they can increase.

upload_2017-12-20_16-44-0.png

I am sure someone has trained one. The only non 5 slot pet that I trained were wolf spiders. They worked really well during the recent invasions.

Some shards have community fights using some of the trainables.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm done with the Cold Drake. It is no where near the killing machine I thought it would be. I am sure it has its place. Needs healing to kill plain Balrons. Took a long time to kill a paragon Balron. Couldn't kill a Greater Dragon when a regular Dragon joined. Still has 300 points to put on.

upload_2017-12-22_17-46-7.png

What color is it @Khaelor ?

upload_2017-12-22_17-46-48.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's the dark teal brown dragon model There are several different base hues, and then each of those base hues come in several different shades from light to dark for each base dragon model (red and brown)

Should level the Chiv first.
Damage profile for fighting greater dragons, a Cu should outdamage a Cold drake. But with 120 chiv it's not a bad pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made the double magic Lesser. Put the frenzied WW on first. Then choose Bushido and you get Whirlwind for free.

You dont get Ninjitsu spells but it increases as it uses frenzied.

The pet works as it is now. It kills dragons with ease and can kill Greater dragons fast.

You have to spend an extra 500 points for the Frenzied. But you can see it has plenty of points if you use low scrolls.

This makes a fine pet.

upload_2017-12-23_17-51-54.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found an old Cu lying around. Decided to try a different AoE than Goo. I went with Aura of Energy and AI.

The base Cu setup makes it a killing machine. The small scrolls and no magic allows it to have plenty of points.

upload_2017-12-24_14-5-7.png

There is no graphic for the AoE in CC. It does use it often and the mana regens pretty fast.

upload_2017-12-24_14-8-35.png