• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Successfully Trained Pet Thread

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And I have a bunch of pets on hold in Magencia vendor. We need more slots!

Note: if you feed a pet before putting on vendor and take it out of vendor a week later it bonds. It works like stable.
im not gonna say i HAVE a vendor at the Magincia Bazaar full up with pets because that would make me look like a wierd-o tamer addict.
but if your ever there dont buy anything from Bob!
Bob does not like his pets to leave him, Bob is keeping the overflow for someone.....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And I have a bunch of pets on hold in Magencia vendor. We need more slots!

Note: if you feed a pet before putting on vendor and take it out of vendor a week later it bonds. It works like stable.
Wow ! really? I did not know this and have had my shop from when they came out! good to know I can go out and tame a bunch and keep them there! at least until I can buy more slots!
Thank you for the info!

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me look like a wierd-o tamer addict.
Poo thanks for sharing some of your experiences. For Shadow Guard I have heard the Cu is the way to go. Are you finding this to be your experience as well?

We wish you blessings and good fortune in the adventuers to come,
Frederick
Elayo

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo thanks for sharing some of your experiences. For Shadow Guard I have heard the Cu is the way to go. Are you finding this to be your experience as well?

Frederick
Elayo
Haven't tried a Cu (don't have any fully trained), but I did a solo/dual-client run a few days after the publish, with a White Wyrm and Rune Beetle. Kept one tamer far offscreen for Juo'nar (had the other pet set to guard & following the guy I was playing), stayed offscreen for Ozymandias while both tamers had consume damage up. For Virtuebane, I had one character e-fielding/healing - the Rune Beetle is great here because 'Bane can't poison it. With the enhanced resists, my Rune Beetle's health never got low unless I had to med. Unfortunately, my run ended on Anon because I lost power for about 10 minutes, but I would have been able to kill him as well.

I had ONE death that run (well, 3, but I won't count the ones due to power loss), which was to Juo'nar. If my accounts were active I'd give the Crimson/Plat Drakes a whirl, because I'd like to see how the Cold Drake does against Virtuebane.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Frederick
Elayo
i havnt taken a Cu in.
but i dont think they would be the best, ill explain.
Cu's hit 50% Cold and 50% Energy which would be find for Virtuebane and Ozzyman but for Junor and for Anon i dont think it would be optimal.
Junor of course is a Lich so he will be lowest in Fire.
Anon changes to whatever elemental he is taking damage in so you'd have to stop whenever he takes a elemental form.

when we go in now we take a mix of pets, so like a DG and a RB.
that way when Anon changes into form one of the tamers can keep on him at all times, thus taking him down twice as fast.

but you know what, when we go in again ill take a Cu in and give it a try, what can it hurt!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As long as the other tamer is doing more damage I would think that Anon would change to physical to combat a greater... and the cu then could keep hitting... however if the Cu is doing more damage anyone with a greater or a Drake of Fire ought to be able to keep doing damage... as Anon would take the form of one of the Cu's 2 Energy or Cold... So you'd still be staying on him... just don't bring an Energy or Cold Drake...

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I normally do shadowguard with a group of 5 of us. Last time we took in 5 pets with 5 different damage types and anon disappeared fast

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good friend that I trust said he put poisoning on Cu and does Anon in 6 minutes so I felt that was pretty good idea.

Thank you all for your amazing incite and willingness to share.
Frederick
Elayo

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Junor of course is a Lich so he will be lowest in Fire.
He's got the same resist spread as a Dark Father - Juo'nar is 30% across the board. You can get him down to 8% with Disco and a Rune Beetle though, and possibly to the negatives by use of Onslaught ;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
He's got the same resist spread as a Dark Father - Juo'nar is 30% across the board. You can get him down to 8% with Disco and a Rune Beetle though, and possibly to the negatives by use of Onslaught ;)
interesting, ive never actually looked at him, he goes down so fast i never bothered.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Frederick
Elayo
Below is my SG pet setup.

Plat DC is a Cold damage Platinum Drake - excellent damage, 100% cold and EOO crushes VB
Thunderbird is a Lesser Hiryu - my primary tank against the bosses
Vox is a Rune Beetle - Good casting damage as well as the coveted rune corruption
Nina is a Cu - Additional cold damage for VB and spellweaving for some WOD

One of my tamers has disco and another runs the peacemaking mastery songs, while the other two run taming mastery and cast heals as needed.

Compared to doing the roof before, these guys are smashing it!

SG Crew.png

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Plat DC is a Cold damage Platinum Drake - excellent damage, 100% cold and EOO crushes VB
Vox is a Rune Beetle - Good casting damage as well as the coveted rune corruption

One of my tamers has disco and another runs the peacemaking mastery songs, while the other two run taming mastery and cast heals as needed.

View attachment 67006
What order did you pick to get Bushido, Whirlwind, and AI on your lesser hiryu?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite and best Hiryu build yet adding 120 med and Focus and 120 resiting spells kept the spec moves flowing fast enough and the mana up, the resist negated a lot of mage problems previous models were having. Between 20 HPR and 40% Parry chance previous models rarely dropped below 700 HP so I figure why use the points for 1000+ HP and instead go lower HP and 30 MR and toss in some more scrolls and up the mana pool.

His First run out of training he destroyed everything, the goo AOE kept everything pissed off at him and the whirl winds annihilated them and he never dropped below 50% health. Expensive as hell to build but don't think it will take this model long to pay for itself.

Thought of a good name for him mid print screening :)

TXH1.jpg TXH2.jpg TXH3.jpg TXH4.jpg TXH5.jpg TXH6.jpg

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 67006
Just for fun I did the roof this morning (solo with 4 accounts) without ever using a heal or bandage on any of the pets... wasn't even close... no pet ever went below half life.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My favorite and best Hiryu build yet adding 120 med and Focus and 120 resiting spells kept the spec moves flowing fast enough and the mana up, the resist negated a lot of mage problems previous models were having. Between 20 HPR and 40% Parry chance previous models rarely dropped below 700 HP so I figure why use the points for 1000+ HP and instead go lower HP and 30 MR and toss in some more scrolls and up the mana pool.

His First run out of training he destroyed everything, the goo AOE kept everything pissed off at him and the whirl winds annihilated them and he never dropped below 50% health. Expensive as hell to build but don't think it will take this model long to pay for itself.

Thought of a good name for him mid print screening :)

View attachment 67087 View attachment 67088 View attachment 67089 View attachment 67090 View attachment 67091 View attachment 67092
This looks pretty nice, do you miss having a heavy hitting special move like armor ignore at all?

Nice job

Kinda has me wondering, is there anything else from tokuno that can learn Bushido that's worthwhile like a hiryu?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This looks pretty nice, do you miss having a heavy hitting special move like armor ignore at all?

Nice job

Kinda has me wondering, is there anything else from tokuno that can learn Bushido that's worthwhile like a hiryu?
All pets can get bushido if you add Nerve strike. If that is an option. I have it on a Cu.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All pets can get bushido if you add Nerve strike. If that is an option. I have it on a Cu.
I just hopped on a lesser hiryu on test, and i dont see bushido as an option for abilities. Am i missing something?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hopped on a lesser hiryu on test, and i dont see bushido as an option for abilities. Am i missing something?
You have to choose it from the menu should be on the magical abilities list

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would not bank to heavy on that remaining as it is not working as intended and will most likely get fixed since only Tokuno Creatures were meant to have Bushido and Ninja.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As far as I can tell, when a pet learns bushido or ninjutsu as a result of an ability like nerve strike or frenzied whirlwind, it's only there as a boost to the ability. I haven't seen any spells cast by my pets unless I have actually selected the skill from the magical menu.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice job

IF this one and its Lesser Hiryu Counter part were for anything other than spawning Iwould have used AI. The Explosive Goo and Whirl Wind are what is appropriate for their duties though.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IF this one and its Lesser Hiryu Counter part were for anything other than spawning Iwould have used AI. The Explosive Goo and Whirl Wind are what is appropriate for their duties though.
just wonder, because bushido should also grant it lightning strike for critical strikes, so you probably dont feel it so bad.

i just dbl checked my lesser, i gave it exp goo and went to pick a magic ability and its just the generic mage/chiv/weaving etc. Maybe the lesser is too old or bugged or something?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually i just checked a hiryu too, and it doesnt have it. These pets were pre publish, maybe only pets have it are after the publish?

upload_2017-5-21_23-48-11.png

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wonder, because bushido should also grant it lightning strike for critical strikes, so you probably dont feel it so bad.

i just dbl checked my lesser, i gave it exp goo and went to pick a magic ability and its just the generic mage/chiv/weaving etc. Maybe the lesser is too old or bugged or something?
Hmmm no idea it has been on the menu for all of the lessers and full turkeys I have trained.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm no idea it has been on the menu for all of the lessers and full turkeys I have trained.
have they all been tamed after the pub? Also, have you found lessers turn out better then regulars at the end, or is it pretty much equal?

What about its skills, did it already have like gm wrestle and stuff before you looked at abilities?

Last edited:

AthenaofGL

Visitor
Cetric, only hiryus/lessers/ even rune bugs have to be post patch tamed to have bushido/ninja has an option. It kind of stinks, was hoping to have some fun with my colored hiryu stable haha.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cetric, only hiryus/lessers/ even rune bugs have to be post patch tamed to have bushido/ninja has an option. It kind of stinks, was hoping to have some fun with my colored hiryu stable haha.
damn that does suck, tyvm

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
damn that does suck, tyvm
How about release and re-tame? Heard a few people mentioning this to train a dread and a 4 slot greater dragon... maybe this will work for all pre-patched pets

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would not bank to heavy on that remaining as it is not working as intended and will most likely get fixed since only Tokuno Creatures were meant to have Bushido and Ninja.
I thought that was by design. This is why you pay 5 times more for it on non=Tokuno pets.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought that was by design. This is why you pay 5 times more for it on non=Tokuno pets.
The way I read it was only Tokuno pet had access to Bushido...........Throw 120 healing 120 bushi 120 parry and a spec like life steal +20 HPR and they would be impossible to kill. Heck if that is by design my Hiryus need to be able to get healing through a back door and be invulnerable.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems some get the Chiv option and some don't Metallic Warbird was tamed the week SE went live and got the option. Yet another one tamed around 3 years ago didn't. The one in my last stat pics is 3+ years old. I am wondering if stabling and unstabling them some effect of that or transferring them. As I think about it all of the old ones that did get the Bushi option were transferred to a stealth tamer for training.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's interesting as the one I've had for many years got the option as well.

What's sad is until you waste the hour or whatever training it up to the first 100% you won't know if the one you wasted a week bonding has it or not.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Adventurers,

Just a reminder you can tame a boat load of pets then character copy to TC. Login to TC you will find your copied character. Run/recall to Haven where you will find 2 gates to walk your pet though. One gate is for instant bonding the other is for instant pet training. Also there are two big trees in the center of Haven. The south tree when double clicked will give you Power Scrolls.

Character copy is instant, copies your stable pets. You can delete and recopy every 24 hours.

The amount of knowledge is unmatched. I found this to be a good tool for testing the builds then logging back into my home shard to make the final selections.

Hope this reminder is helpful,
Frederick
Elayo

Last edited:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Adventurers,

Just a reminder you can tame a boat load of pets then character copy to TC. Login to TC you will find your copied character. Run/recall to Haven where you will find 2 gates to walk your pet though. One gate is for instant bonding the other is for instant pet training. Also there are two big trees in the center of Haven. The south tree when double clicked will give you Power Scrolls.

Character copy takes about 1 minute.

I found this to be a good tool for testing the builds then logging back into my home shard to make the final selections.

Hope this reminder is helpful,
Frederick
Elayo
I suggest to not unpack your backpack on copied char before you arrive to Haven palm with power scrolls

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes very good, you need enough space for 115 items in your main pack to use the powerscroll tree.

Frederick,
Elayo
I'm having a problem with the time restriction. Twice ive finished a pet and cant take it over for another 700 minutes...

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a problem with the time restriction. Twice ive finished a pet and cant take it over for another 700 minutes...

Greetings,

Im not not sure why your having an issue with character copying. Bummer, the only delay I experienced with not being able to copy was the 24 hour one.

I have ran into a different issue related to time. Once just after taming a dog I got punch by a fairy on the way out. When I tried to character copy it said I recently was in battle and would have to wait. I waited 2 minutes and did the copy. I logged into TC and tried to spend the training points and It said I was recently in battle and would have to wait. I kept trying for about 10 minutes when I finally decided follow some council from another player and kill my char then rez. After rez'n I was able to start spending the points. Wierd...

We wish you good fortune in the battles come,
Frederick
Elayo

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So has anyone trained their dreadmare? I'm still so confused on training these beasts up and I will definitely hold off on training "Majestic" until I know what I'm doing. You can't get those beautiful beasts anymore so I don't want to mess it up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings,

Im not not sure why your having an issue with character copying. Bummer, the only delay I experienced with not being able to copy was the 24 hour one.

I have ran into a different issue related to time. Once just after taming a dog I got punch by a fairy on the way out. When I tried to character copy it said I recently was in battle and would have to wait. I waited 2 minutes and did the copy. I logged into TC and tried to spend the training points and It said I was recently in battle and would have to wait. I kept trying for about 10 minutes when I finally decided follow some council from another player and kill my char then rez. After rez'n I was able to start spending the points. Wierd...

We wish you good fortune in the battles come,
Frederick
Elayo
You have to kill your character when this happens. Res and it lets you train. On TC1

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So has anyone trained their dreadmare? I'm still so confused on training these beasts up and I will definitely hold off on training "Majestic" until I know what I'm doing. You can't get those beautiful beasts anymore so I don't want to mess it up.
I'm with you I don't really have more than 3 of them I don't think... and not more than 1 on any given tamer so really kinda waiting... and thinking about it... Seeing that if you start training it then it's automatically jumped to 4 slots I'm leery.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think is better for a Cu, Chiv and Armor Ignore or Venom Bite and Poisoning?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think is better for a Cu, Chiv and Armor Ignore or Venom Bite and Poisoning?
There you are getting into what its specific purpose is on the high end hunting and it is very subjective due to individual taste.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There you are getting into what its specific purpose is on the high end hunting and it is very subjective due to individual taste.
Well I'm just looking to fight the normal stuff and go to a event once and awhile... I'm not trying to tailor the Cu for one a specific boss or anything like that. I just wondered if you could easily tell one set up did more damage than the other

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive tried both and im really liking the nox/venomous breath combo.
so much so that its pretty much what im using now on all my Cu's on every shard.

im not a big fan the of the Chiv on a Cu.
the couple i did it kinda dorked up their intrinsic healing skill, or at least thats the feeling i get.