• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Successfully Trained Pet Thread

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post your completed pets stat sheets and what you use the build for. Your pet skills do not need to be 100% trained but I would only like to have maxed out slots posted. If you have already posted your pet in a "specific" pet type thread please re post it here.

This way after your done tinkering and asking questions you can post all your hard work for others to see. This should give us a nice place to look at different build styles with different creature types. Post anything from your rock star Navrey slaying goat to your DPS PVP cannon. Just make sure the build is complete and you have been using it for some time to prove your concept's out.

****Note feel free to ask each other questions BUT lets not fight over who's way is the best way****

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ice Build.PNG

This is my first finished build. This CU is my general purpose pet that I can grab and go with little thought on where. Tasks that he has completed with ease Arachnid, Abyss (me not so much),
Cold Blood, Unholy Terror & Vermin Horde Champ Spawns. The new Doom run he did very well but its just to hectic for me to go back lol. Tried to solo Dread Horn and it was taking way to long so i gave up. Pretty much a grab and go pet that I prefer because he can heal himself while I am laying face down in the dirt. The chiv really comes in handy for farming Miasma and just like on my Sampire Miasma is getting killed so fast I barley have time to loot. Last note this is on a Disco Tamer but I would imagine would work for any build.

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just noticed for some of the OCD folks out there I need to take the snip-its in reverse so they will show in order of the normal lore page.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just noticed for some of the OCD folks out there I need to take the snip-its in reverse so they will show in order of the normal lore page.
That's exactly what I wanted my white Cu to be but I put too many HP on him and I thought I already increased the base damage.

He turned into a decent tank.

upload_2017-5-14_10-0-25.png

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While this lady here, a Cu Shide, tanks and destroys.
I run two tamers. One is running peace songs which are adding 27 DCI, 27 damage reduction, 19 regens to both pets. The other is running taming mastery for now.
I am trying to get a second mark of travesty so I can duplicate the other tamer build, but with provo instead.
Then it will be ugly to see those two side by side. :D
cygni01.png cygni02.png cygni03.png
cygni04.png cygni05.png cygni06.png
cygni07.png cygni09.png

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice looking beasts indeed. Will the rune beetle still poison its enemy with having Chiv added?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very nice looking beasts indeed. Will the rune beetle still poison its enemy with having Chiv added?
Nope.
Once you add chivalry, it loses the ability to use poisoning.
It was a sacrifice I was willing to do. She deals way more damage this way.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is my Dread Spider and I find it totally rocks cuts down dragons and most other things with ease:

upload_2017-5-14_14-25-38.png upload_2017-5-14_14-26-23.png upload_2017-5-14_14-27-6.png upload_2017-5-14_14-27-46.png upload_2017-5-14_14-28-34.png upload_2017-5-14_14-29-22.png

His Magery is scrolled to 110 but he hasn't gotten there yet. He also hasn't yet GM'd his poisoning but he is getting there. SLOWLY... but it does gain.

I took him the other day did a Baracoon he rocked. He did level 1 and 2 of Niera... did equally as well... He's killed ancient wyrms, slices up wyverns and drakes like butter... regular dragons are nothing to him.... greaters he has to chew a bit but he takes them on... I do have to heal him some here and there but really he's a powerhouse and that goo is just amazing.

Edit: Suppose I should add that I tested him on one of my friends and well... He gets a good combo and my friend was dead before I could heal him or call off the spider. If I were casting with him... we may just be able to defend ourselves at a spawn...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just finished another Hiryu and went a little bit different with this one. Have yet to find a hiryu I don't like :) Points didn't seem to go as far on this one so I went 100 less hp and more mana and skipped the spec moves all together.

Greater Turkey 1.jpg Greater Turkey 2.jpg Greater Turkey 3.jpg Greater Turkey 4.jpg Greater Turkey 5.jpg Greater Turkey 6.jpg Greater Turkey 7.jpg Greater Turkey 8.jpg Greater Turkey 9.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And a Fire Steed I trained up the same time as the last Hiryu, I am really liking the way it turned out. Probably should have put more in strength but its function is SW and secondary, but if it is targeted has the HP to take some damage.

FS1.jpg FS2.jpg FS3.jpg FS4.jpg FS5.jpg FS6.jpg FS7.jpg FS8.jpg FS9.jpg

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice job all - those are some great pets!

hehehehe well Tyrath if your stables ever get filled I would love to take any extra pets off your hands!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job all - those are some great pets!

hehehehe well Tyrath if your stables ever get filled I would love to take any extra pets off your hands!
Still playing around testing on prodo I don't have the hundreds of Power Scrolls to waste testing things on Siege :) Fire Beetle Backing up a Greater Mongbat is next on the list but got to get both to 50ish wrestling and tactics or hitting the dread pirate for gains is a waste of time.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would just like to ask why some folks have such low poison and or cold on their pets.

Sure, many creatures now may not do that damage, but aren't you looking for long term?

Even resist spread sounds better in the long run. Never know what may come up,
especially with the invasions coming for the 20th anniversary..

Just a thought ......

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man here i thought it would be a great idea to just see all the builds in one thread. Well guess 36 stable slots still isn't enough off to buy more.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would just like to ask why some folks have such low poison and or cold on their pets.

Sure, many creatures now may not do that damage, but aren't you looking for long term?

Even resist spread sounds better in the long run. Never know what may come up,
especially with the invasions coming for the 20th anniversary..

Just a thought ......
Just depends on what you hunt. On this fire steed I went high cold because I am going to use him to kill Cu's and WW so I maxed the Cold resist and spread it a bit on the poison and energy. The Hiryus I hunt a lot of poison based (Miasma) so high poison Phys and fire. What we are seeing now is a bit of a return to a time before GDs dominating the hunting/Taming scene. And different pets for different occasions. Most folks go low cold resist because there are relatively few cold damaging critters and even fewer cold based spells. I would imagine most of us have a pet or two for just about any encounter and damage type. Personally on a build, I would rather have four 80s and one 40s that a spread of evened out resist. Unless it is going to be a per specific for hunting something cold based, the cold resist will always be the one that gets shorted, just because is it the least important.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well explained.

For those of us who can't have 20 pets with all 20 powerscrolls are likely looking for an

all around pet. Oh hell, maybe it is just me who is.

I like mountable pets, want a few different ones based on skills/damage types.

Trying to streamline here. Already know, besides my hiryu, I mucked up the others.

Looking at having a few pets with different damage types, that can survive any
encounter.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well explained.

For those of us who can't have 20 pets with all 20 powerscrolls are likely looking for an

all around pet. Oh hell, maybe it is just me who is.

I like mountable pets, want a few different ones based on skills/damage types.

Trying to streamline here. Already know, besides my hiryu, I mucked up the others.

Looking at having a few pets with different damage types, that can survive any
encounter.
Pet doesn't have to be scrolled out to be effective. At the end of the day the Resist, base Damage, Str, stam, and HP are far more important than how many scrolls the pet ate. The scrolls really just come down to having to use less bandages. My not scrolled Hiryu is only marginally less effective than my scrolled out Hiryu :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I never do that having one really low there are plenty of mobs and people that use Consecrate Weapon... making your pet have basically 40 resist. And that isn't cool... so I try to make mine more "even" across the board.

I know that there are those that would argue but with the way things are consecrate is my main concern. While yes many mobs don't do that... the ones that do as well as the other players that do make me want to ensure my pet is protected. Besides all 70s is good enough for me it's good enough for my pet.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A classical one. A little low in poison resist. Kill miasma, balrons mini champs bosses without healing (balrons paragons only with consume damage though). Not finished as you can see (healing is a pain). Will try chivalry on the next one.
CueSidhe.png

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are you getting the Whirlwind Attack? I don't see it on any menu and the only ways to get Bushido added are Nerve Strike & Feint. I see Frenzied Whirlwind but that shows it adds Ninjitsu.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How are you getting the Whirlwind Attack? I don't see it on any menu and the only ways to get Bushido added are Nerve Strike & Feint. I see Frenzied Whirlwind but that shows it adds Ninjitsu.
Whirlwind is from picking Bushido under magic abilities. Can only pick Bushido from Tokuno beasts, like hiryu and lesser hiryu, Tsuki Wolf, and some others am sure.

As far as I can tell, when you get Bushido from picking Feint (and would assume nerve strike) you don't get all the Bushido benefits. I did that with a pet (a tiger)and he just used Feint all the time. Never heard him use Bushido spells like confidence, etc. Where as my lesser hiryu runs the gamut of Bushido spells.

Oh and if you do pick Bushido, make sure you pick a special move should you want one BEFORE you pick Bushido or the special moves section disappears.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see Bushido on the Magical abilities on my Hiryu.
Just Chiv, Disco, Poison, Myst, SW & Magery Mastery.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to test center and tamed a fresh one and now there is an option for it. Sad that I can't put it on the ones that I have had for years and are fully trained (and different colors).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is this mornings trained up Hiryu. No scrolls added and still a very effective weapon. Put Chiv on this one and no I don't bother bonding most pets for the basic training. Very little risk to higher level pets with my method.

LH1.jpg LH2.jpg LH3.jpg LH4.jpg LH5.jpg LH6.jpg

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, my OCD is kicking in, how do we raise the pets detect hidden?

Before you tame it, spent hours attacking it and hiding and letting it reveal you. Fun times.

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went to test center and tamed a fresh one and now there is an option for it. Sad that I can't put it on the ones that I have had for years and are fully trained (and different colors).
I noticed the same thing. The old school ones with rare color are nerfed for sure kinda weird.

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Really want to thank all the people adding pictures and builds. This has really turned out to be a nice collection of information from the ones who have more scrolls than i could count to the more pocket friendly pets. To thank the kind people for taking the time to upload some pics and informational comments please make sure you like the ones that have inspired the tamer in you.:ten:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be handy is if when you guys are posting you put the 'order' in which you made the 'advancements' I am having trouble duplicating the training plans seen above and don't want to put on something in the first level (say when it is 3>4 slot) to find you can't put it on at 4>5 slot. I currently have 2 cu's which I want to mess with but am unsure when is the best time to 'add' each mod.

ie one plan as below

upload_2017-5-16_10-2-43.png

is roughly what i am wanting at the 'end' the only other thing I want is to increase the base dmg per hit which I couldnt add to the plan at this lower level as it is already higher I guess so I put a bit onto str, not sure how much it will 'cost' to add that either. It is at -1500 as I get another 1501 points when it goes to 4>5 yes? So put it on the plan to make sure all the above would 'fit' but now need to know what of that I do at the first level training to make sure the rest can go on the second level. Also what does armor pierce do and does it remove anything? I am on siege so can't character copy the pet over to tc.

If any of what I said makes sense lol.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be handy is if when you guys are posting you put the 'order' in which you made the 'advancements' I am having trouble duplicating the training plans seen above and don't want to put on something in the first level (say when it is 3>4 slot) to find you can't put it on at 4>5 slot. I currently have 2 cu's which I want to mess with but am unsure when is the best time to 'add' each mod.

ie one plan as below

View attachment 66746

is roughly what i am wanting at the 'end' the only other thing I want is to increase the base dmg per hit which I couldnt add to the plan at this lower level as it is already higher I guess so I put a bit onto str, not sure how much it will 'cost' to add that either. It is at -1500 as I get another 1501 points when it goes to 4>5 yes? So put it on the plan to make sure all the above would 'fit' but now need to know what of that I do at the first level training to make sure the rest can go on the second level. Also what does armor pierce do and does it remove anything? I am on siege so can't character copy the pet over to tc.

If any of what I said makes sense lol.
I don't think a Cu is going to skip a level like the lower pets do. You should be fine with what you posted and then train again for the bump to 4-5 slot with 1501 points.

Last edited:

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I always do the base dmg increase on the last slot upgrade. Otherwise you can only incrementally raise it each slot.

I also find adding things from the bottom up helps too, as when you get to things like magical abilities, it may also give it a special too. Example is bushido, it will also gain whirlwind attack, so doing it last may allow you to exceed the cap for moves

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finished up the Fire Beetle I was working on last night this morning. LOL May as well share a screw up as well as the successes :) NEVER make the final selections after just waking up and not having ingested enough coffee for clear vision or thought :) I had intended to use his last round of points for Max Mana Regen and dump the rest into Hit Points......... I dumped it into mana instead of mana regen and only had 135 points left for HP. Took him to wrong and the fan dancer dojo to see how bad I messed up. Fan dancers have high fire resist so I went there first....... He spams armor ignore non stop hitting the Fan dancers for 110-130 per AI and drops them fast. Moving on to those high hp super lizerdmen in wrong same and about 30-45 seconds spent on each one. Have not had time to put him up against Miasma or Reptalons yet and will probably wait on that until I get his wrestle and tactics up to 90ish. Even with a major oops he turned into a very good pet........... just with A LOT more Mana than I had Intended but am finding I am not regretting.

FB1.jpg FB2.jpg FB3.jpg FB5.jpg

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also now believe this Fire Beetle named "Hot Seat Pete" Either has 5000+ luck or rigs the RNG in my favor........... I killed 9 more dread pirate with him after his training was complete, using him as the beater bag for pets just entering basic training and pulled 11 Legendary Arties of this quality out of 9 Pirates. A normal day of pirate hunting gives me 1-3 legendaries!

Lucky Fire Beetle.jpg

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ill Play!

This is the Fire Beetle i made today.
it totally destroys Undead and everything in Ice Dungeon!

for the pets im gonna post here if your wondering why i only scrolled them to +10 or +15 or not at all its because im still experimenting with these pets. all these pets are new tames. i dont want to waste scrolls until i figure out what i want to keep and what works. so far the following pets seem to be working really well for PvM.

you'll notice that all these builds are Tank builds.
hella high HP for being damage sponges.
thats my PvM playstyle with this tamer.
Disco Tamer, stand behind and spazz out the disco's and let my pet absorb all the hits and crush everything.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This guy was totally 100% a impulse train.
just saw him while out with a guild mate and tamed it then ran it through the upgrading process as my guild mate was running a pet through. ended up really liking this little bugger!
the poison this guys throws makes me giggle like a little school girl!
i took it to a rat spawn but wasnt impressed with how little he dropped the area effect poison breath.
when he DID drop it it killed everything on the screen!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Frost Mite!
i was wanting 1 pet for each elemental damage. the Fire Beetle of course covers the Fire and this little bugger covers the Cold.
he is unbonded so i have not got to use him on big stuff yet but when training and playing with him i was pretty impressed. Only thing im not 100% sold on yet is the Cold Wind special.
im not sure if im not seeing it go off or if its just crappy???

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This is my experiment with my big Cu.
so far i am loooooooooooooooooooooving this build!
its a pain in the bottom side to train up the skills but so far this is my fav pet with the new enhancements.
im really itching to make this again and pull the trigger and scroll it up to 120!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This build was the one i was most excited to make and use.
took him to the Shadowguard on the weekend.... OMG it was orgasmic!
after all my years of using these in PvP its nice to be able to take one out in PvM and rule the pool!

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is fantastic! I feel like a kid having to run home from work to see what evil and twisted critters people are putting together. Who knows if they don't make any major changes to what we are working with this could be a nice log for months to come. I know it makers me want to go ahead and buy the 3 more +3 slot tokens lol. Then i am sure i will need it for my other tamer and my other O God i have a problem.