• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics: The "unvarnished" events of the past few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it alright for the police to form a list of common criminals to round up and shoot? I mean, they HAVE been proven to break the law in the past. Might as well get them before they can break the law again right?
except in this case ... they had nothing. Just individuals with a vendetta.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off, we would like to apologize to those community members who had accounts that were temporarily suspended or banned from the site this week. Those actions were NOT approved or initiated by the Board and should never have taken place in the manner they did. Because they did not follow our internal, self-imposed procedure, each of those bans and suspensions have been revoked at this time. It was our intention to reach out to each of these community members individually to apologize prior to this post; unfortunately the actions of a few people circumvented that intent, and we determined it was more critical to make a public statement as soon as possible.
I'm sorry.... I'm not going to be like everyone else and forgive because I've put up with this for a while now... and it wasn't just this week....

I am tired of mods getting button happy when it comes to banning people. You want the BS to cool down? Let the members hold the staff responsible!!!

From my end... I'm not granting a slap on the wrist.. because I am infuriated by the moves of this staff. At no point can we, the members who have spent money on this website, criticize and or hold the staff accountable... AND THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE PI$$ED!!!!!!!!!!

It's abuse of power and I, along with so many, are tired of it.

The only reason the rule of not talking about staff was made was due to Petra. For heavens sake... criticize a PICTURE SHE POSTED and comment on the computer she has in the background... a rule to not talk about mods or policy was enacted!! IT'S STUPID!!!

I am not forgiving, nor should anyone else. You, the staff, should be ashamed of yourselves.

Ban me, delete this post, do whatever the hell you want too.... because at the end of the day... it is this website you're tarnishing...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is it alright for the police to form a list of common criminals to round up and shoot? I mean, they HAVE been proven to break the law in the past. Might as well get them before they can break the law again right?
What world do you live in? Police officers keep records on habitual offenders.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If we are not allowed to discuss moderator actions etc.. and are not allowed to reveal what they say to us in pm's when they admonish someone then.. how is it that they can admonish someone publicly in such a manner?
There is a significant difference from discussing moderator actions and giving an in-thread warning for minor infractions, or trying to tell the posters that its time to bring down the temperature of a conversation that might be going off the rails, etc.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What world do you live in? Police officers keep records on habitual offenders.
What does that have to do with what I said? Do they kill the criminals before they commit their next crime just because they have a record?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a significant difference from discussing moderator actions and giving an in-thread warning for minor infractions, or trying to tell the posters that its time to bring down the temperature of a conversation that might be going off the rails, etc.
You're missing the point. This is a game site. Why are they playing politics?

IT'S just a freaking game!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Flutter, just so you know, this was posted to UO.com:

Hello everyone,
I want... your ... teeshirts. ...[D]irectly... email... [email protected]...
Thank you...
UO Team

What's that you say? I left some of it out? That's ok, you can read into it all you wish. I assumed you would know it wasn't actually complete, or in context within this thread. It wasn't relevant to this thread anyhow, even though I posted it here and implied that it was.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What does that have to do with what I said? Do they kill the criminals before they commit their next crime just because they have a record?

You're missing the point. This is a game site. Why are they playing politics?

IT'S just a freaking game!
Go play the game then and stop making these laughable accusations such as "civil law" was broken.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are so many people involved in this discussing too many different angles. I don't even know where to begin or what is worth commenting on.

I discussed privately this morning with Stratics staff that this kind of statement would ultimately go nowhere. It is has just been back and forth with no end in sight.

There is still stuff I've been told by current, recently former, and older staff that hasn't even been brought up yet and I've been told not to talk about it. I don't see how we can move past this with secrets still floating around. I feel it you know something you should be putting it on the table at this point.

People just don't respect the Stratics brand anymore and this whole situation has made it is even worse. Everyone gripes about how UO could be made better but only the developers control that. That is not the case for Stratics.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going to be my last post on this topic.

There is a difference when a decision is made by personal feelings versus professionalism.

As long as the ToS was not violated no matter how many complaints was being made by any persons on the list, the discussion should of never happened. People can read and view something posted on the internet one way while others may see it another way. Personal feelings can interfere on decision making. Once I am done with my work I shut my brain down about work. Work is work. My personal time is personal. I don't mix the two. Both stay in their rightful place.

As far as the other site I wont mention, I agree that PvP is part of the game. I believe they have a voice in the game. I believe they can address their concerns here or on another site to be heard and seen. I believe they have rights like any other non PvP player. I believe, like it or not, they are part of the UO community.

I also believe that any player on any play style has the right to agree or disagree with any concerns. I believe as long as it is in a constructive manner they have rights to discuss the topic. I believe that sometimes things get out of hand. I believe that things do get personal. I believe sometimes its not intended to be personal.

One thing I truly believe that the community has had issues getting along. This issue we are discussing now has created more distrust than trust. It's not about being butt hurt or who did the butt hurting. In fact it should of never gotten to this point. There was better ways ways to handle these issues professionally if it was causing havoc on the boards. One thing everybody knows once you put something on the internet it doesn't go away. You can throw it away, burn it, eat it, destroy it anyway you want if it is written on a piece of paper. Not on the internet though. Its digital and lives on and on in many ways.

You can weed out a garden. Weeds always come back eventually. You can try to control the weeds but you cant never get rid of them. They always find a way to get back in the garden. New weeds always come back even if you nuke the old weed. That's how this issue about the list is about. You are trying to weed out trouble makers but I have viewed many threads that blatantly attack UO and the dev team to almost personal levels and not one of those names are on the list.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There is still stuff I've been told by current, recently former, and older staff that hasn't even been brought up yet and I've been told not to talk about it. I don't see how we can move past this with secrets still floating around. I feel it you know something you should be putting it on the table at this point.
sheshhhh folks.. we are talking about a website and some forums, not a nuclear weapon or Top Secret Military maneuvers... at this point the river card has been turned, the bet called and time for all the cards to be on the table... smh

Chanel #1

Adventurer
First any of you wishing for an apology or resignation, prepare to be disappointed.
Wow... Just wow. I'm going to restate what a professional does in this situation:

From Amy Pascal's (Former SONY Pictures CEO) apology letter after her emails were stolen and leaked: “The content of my emails were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am. Although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended.”

Nexus, you really couldn't even copy/paste this? It would have gone a lot further than "prepare to be disappointed."

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="Go play the game then and stop making these laughable accusations such as "civil law" was broken.[/QUOTE]

That is how rumors of me being a raciest got started. I never said anything about a civil war.
Putting words into my mouth doesn't mean i said it. I will be very clear. I never liked this site.
I was banned once for stating my reasons for my donation to this site (which was they said they where going to lighten up)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@TimberWolf, how about a Comfy Chair instead? It's much better than a Spanish Inquisition...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TimberWolf, how about a Comfy Chair instead? It's much better than a Spanish Inquisition...
No one is looking for an inquisition.....I want transparency, I want an unbiased avenue for appeal.

Just as they claim that taking those messages at face value takes them out of context and is unfair. Judging members today on perceived transgressions 10 years ago...5 years ago...last year... is more unfair.

People want to be judged fairly and without bias based on their behavior today....not on past grudges.

And no I dont believe Capt Nort acted unilaterally and without consent. I base that on my interactions with him for years. We have never been friends, and he is hardly perfect.....but he doesnt deserve to be the fall guy any more then the rest of us what was done to us. And I am not just referring to what was done to the 6th of us....I mean what the senior staff has done to all of us through their behavior!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Last I checked, what the senior staff "did to you" was to reverse a ban. Are you arguing that they shouldn't have done that?

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh my goodness gracious; the lure of more drama and untold secrets and gossip...don't anyone leave your seat!

I think what JC wants to reveal -- unless he is reserving it for Zuckuss' "grand finale" -- is that the LLC has yet to file the supplemental Operating Agreement that names the initial Board of Directors. It's got a couple grammar corrections to be made before it's sent in.(He had been told that the LLC doesn't exist, but whomever the knowledgeable source was for that didn't have their story straight. Still, [SOMEONE] said it...so it must be true.)

I did also hear a rumor that we are using my personal bank account for transactions but I don't believe it,..probably because I have the Gamer's Gambit LLC bank card sitting next to me. Still, it is amazing to me the new facts I learn every day about us. We are so Machiavellian that even we don't know what conspiracies we're hiding from the community. o_O

Sheesh, people. Doesn't anyone have cable?

People just don't respect the Stratics brand anymore and this whole situation has made it is even worse. Everyone gripes about how UO could be made better but only the developers control that. That is not the case for Stratics.
"Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated..."

In any case, I am off to bed.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Meh, @Elenni, hasn't Trump taught you yet that facts don't matter, as long as the lies are big enough, grandiose enough, and repeated often enough?

*...goes to bed muttering something about birth certificates...*

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, @Elenni, hasn't Trump taught you yet that facts don't matter, as long as the lies are big enough, grandiose enough, and repeated often enough?

BrianFreud: about Trump. Don't you have enough sh&t to talk about? please stop with the US politics.

Last edited:

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran

Ah right; how could I forget it's an election year??

@TimberWolf Some folks benefit greatly from the fact that we don't discuss or publish moderator actions as a rule...and even more so from our excessive tolerance. I'll be clear though -- it was not "the Board" that pushed the button on you. As Brian indicated, we're just the ones who reversed it.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Elenni So you decided to ban clops for 6 months, just pathetic IMO. When UO gets there forums running I for one will be the first person jumping on the band wagon for there forums. I feel I will not be alone and all it takes is a few of the right people to leave stratics and everyone will follow. You killed stratics so I hope your happy. It was a good run but someone eventually had to come and ruin it for everyone

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elenni
Do you want this thread to turn into a US political debate? or what? What the heck are moderators talking about US politics for?

Is that your intent to lock this thread?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
BrianFreud: about Trump. Don't you have enough sh&t to talk about? please stop with the out side politics.
You're one to talk.

Also - trying to get past the swear filter by using different characters is against the RoC. This is your public warning about doing it again. If you want to play hard ball - I can gladly oblige.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Elenni So you decided to ban clops for 6 months, just pathetic IMO. When UO gets there forums running I for one will be the first person jumping on the band wagon for there forums. I feel I will not be alone and all it takes is a few of the right people to leave stratics and everyone will follow. You killed stratics so I hope your happy. It was a good run but someone eventually had to come and ruin it for everyone
Yes and I'm sure they will be every bit as useful and fantabulous as their wiki...

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Clops knows what he did, admitted it, apologized, and accepted the repercussion with good grace.

I can only dare to imagine how you or some of the other critics would respond if we began distributing and publicly posting your private messages in a fit of pique...let alone after having signed an NDA. The message would certainly be flipped on its head then, no?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're one to talk.

Also - trying to get past the swear filter by using different characters is against the RoC. This is your public warning about doing it again. If you want to play hard ball - I can gladly oblige.

I was called a racist then used this slander against me by your supreme leader. Nothing is happening to that person. Do you really think I care? I will be checking into the legal aspects of this.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey this wasn't really answered before that I saw, and I don't mean this as an insult or anything but... Who is Elenni? I've been here 16 years and this incident is the first I've seen that username

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think JC, myself, and others, were more just amused that after years of bashing and hating on Stratics, many pvpers were finally biting the bullet and coming on here and posting about legitimate issues in a respectful way (something that much of Stratics' regular posters had for a long time talked down on us for, as if we were all incapable of doing anything but trolling and talking smack in gen-chat).
I know, over the years, a lot PvP threads got trolled of a few non PvP'ers here and ended up getting locked. PvP is a part of UO and do belong here too. There are some on both sides, that need to learn to post in a respectful way.
If we want to fix PvP, the posts need to be here, where Devs read them. Now like with all other subjects, everything posted may not be good for the game as whole and debats easy get heavy. I think the last PvP threads had been good and I had seen Devs in them too. Lets keep it that way and handle the trolls who will do anything to get a PvP thread locked.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're aware we have everything on record, right? Including these comments you allegedly are denying ever have made?

And checking into what "legal aspects"? Dude, cut the crap.
I'm hoping you do. I used Wayback machine they don't seem to have some of these threads.
I know what i said. I will say it here. Islamic fundamentalism is a problem which got Dante murdered.

There you go. Push the button call me a racists again.
All I ask, is don't change what i said.

Last edited:

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey this wasn't really answered before that I saw, and I don't mean this as an insult or anything but... Who is Elenni? I've been here 16 years and this incident is the first I've seen that username
Ditto, but I have been here closer to 10 years. It would seem Elenni is the key member of the Gamer's Gambit, LLC.

Copied from Wikipedia's Stratics page (Stratics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

"In December of 2015, Bazaaro Community, Inc., placed Stratics up for sale and following a successful crowd funding campaign [6] the website was purchased by a team consisting of several of the administrative volunteer staff members, who have organized to form Gamer's Gambit, LLC. to act as the principle owner of Stratics.com and associated properties on behalf of the community at large."

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Just because someone hasn't given to Stratics in the last few months doesn't mean we've never supported Stratics in any way. Some of us have been around here since the last century, remember.
There had been a few, who clearly did show, they did not support the Stratics community and the staff and I do believe this few try to make the Stratics community and the staff fail to run the side. It's not you and it's not JC, but there are a few others, less than 5, who had been very negative since the community got the forum. It's about time they choose an other forum if they hate Stratics as much as they do. I do not read HOT forum so my opinion comes from what I had seen here.
Do this few players add to the forum? Yes they do but their negative attitude need to go.
Yes a few more players may have an issue with how the staff run the forum but I believe that can be solved. I do not believe the Staff forum should be read able of all but maybe of all with a kind of support banner including Stratics Veteran/Legend banner. Just an idea, I do believe the players who support the side should know what goes on and maybe be able to vote for some changes to ROC or forum.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, who IS Elenni? How did she become seemingly in charge?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BrianFreud:
That all you got? personal attacks that is based on your fantasies of what you think we said?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Oh fun...inappropriate ill-timed political "jokes". Can anyone join in this thread derailment?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*Steps on soap box*
Hello everyone. As being one of the two “mods” who have been desperately trying to keep our community civil these past few days, I have a few things to say.

I am not a board member, I had nothing to do with the banning’s, I am not some power hungry person who is sitting behind a desk plotting the demise of our community. I am simply a random player, just like you, who loves our community, and this game. I volunteer at stratics as a moderator.

These recent events haven’t exactly been easy on me either. In more ways than one. I am a part of the pvp community to a point, and I have friends on the side of the loud minority currently screaming for the destruction of our current board. It’s not easy for me to sit here and report them. Or even send some of them warnings, because they are being so overly passionate about this topic. It’s not easy for me to be teased constantly, and even mocked and made fun of for trying to help clean up the mess. It’s not easy for me to see the devs pull away from the site. But it’s extremely difficult to know that some people have rode this situation so damn far that it is quite literally tearing apart the community more-so then any stupid list ever did.

But I do it all anyways….I do it because I love the GAME we should all be playing. I love the community that I have been a part of for many years. That community also includes several of the “bad kids” and people over in the HOT forums. I am a pvper after all.

I am pretty damn annoyed to keep hearing all of these generalizations attacking the entire stratics staff, specifically the “mods”. The two mods that have mainly been trying to pick up the pieces have been myself and Merlin. We were not involved in any way with the bannings, or the list being developed. Several people are quick to say that our “mods” are overzealous and power hungry. Well, we had an old mod return a few weeks ago, and soon after left saying we are too soft and he isn’t use to it. (He posted that himself in one of the recent implosion of threads so I’m not violating any NDA by stating that fact.)

When all of this started, there was a large part of me that just wanted to quit. I have a very busy personal life, and all of this has taken its toll on my time. I haven’t even been able to play. There was a large part of me that was ashamed to be on the staff that was suddenly soooo hated. But you know what? Now I’m just angry. I’m angry at how this whole thing has been handled by the people screaming the loudest. I can understand being upset, I can understand several of the arguments, but honestly… how dare some of you attack everyone in this manner, just to get your point across over a list, a list that 98% of us here, suffering through the mess, had absolutely nothing to do with? Don’t you find it a little ironic that some of the people deemed “toxic” to the community within that list are showing the world just how true that is?

Anyways.. Enough of me ranting. I am still here, and I am still staff. It is not because I love “the board”, nor is it because I love getting 2 hours of sleep, while trying desperately to keep a civil war, civil. It’s because I love this community and this game. I will do what I can to help Stratics stay a place where everyone feels welcomed. And if that means I have to slap a few wrists so be it.
Now if you will excuse me… I’m gonna go play the damn game.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Rather it is imperative that we look at all scenario’s which may increase balance in the community and establish a means to help it progress and grow. Sometimes in this process to encourage growth you have to evaluate if something needs torn down to make room for that growth to happen. For considering these more distasteful and difficult questions there won’t be an apology from me.
Is this a joke? I mean do you really think this forum would experience "growth" if only you could just purge every last untermensch who disrupts your utopia? Do you actually literally believe that there are a meaningful number of people out there who want to post on this dreary forgotten forum about a 20 year old MMO, but don't because even this soft little hugbox is too scary for them?

Wake up. This place has been overmoderated to the point of irrelevance and near-death for years. You have maybe a couple dozen active posters tops, and as of this moment there's still a post from February on the front page of your busiest forum. Playing the part of a petty tyrant might be fun for people who have actual empires to lord over, but you're a king who's down to his last three peasants, yet somehow still thinks everything will be fine if he can just figure out which two to behead.

UOGuide made Stratics irrelevant as a source of information eons ago, and the moment one of the developers takes five minutes to make a UO subreddit and post a hello on it, this place will cease to exist.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my goodness gracious; the lure of more drama and untold secrets and gossip...don't anyone leave your seat!
Sarcasm wont endear you to the community that you have right royally pissed off. Some honesty and humility might.

And I'll repeat what a few people have asked and as yet had unanswered in this thread. Who are you? Only a stratics member since Spt 2015 yet on the senior leadership team? Thats very strange. Is this an alt account? If so what is the reason behind that? Some transparency would be welcome as this all seems highly unusual.

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I checked, what the senior staff "did to you" was to reverse a ban. Are you arguing that they shouldn't have done that?
They quite rightly corrected a miscarriage of justice that they themselves had created. This is not something they should be thanked for, nor does that get them off the hook for their actions, for which they remain accountable.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it’s extremely difficult to know that some people have rode this situation so damn far that it is quite literally tearing apart the community more-so then any stupid list ever did.
Do NOT try and switch the blame of this to all of those who have a legitimate problem with how all of this has transpired. The cause and blame remains squarely on the shoulders of the 3 main protagonists, 2 of which have been conspicuous by their absence since those events when they should be here answering questions and being accountable. One has been nothing short of contemptous in his replies whilst the other is in hiding. I refer to @Nexus and @Riyana

I’m just angry. I’m angry at how this whole thing has been handled by the people screaming the loudest. I can understand being upset, I can understand several of the arguments, but honestly… how dare some of you attack everyone in this manner, just to get your point across over a list, a list that 98% of us here, suffering through the mess, had absolutely nothing to do with? Don’t you find it a little ironic that some of the people deemed “toxic” to the community within that list are showing the world just how true that is?
What I find ironic is your anger towards the community and steadfast defence of the mods in question who caused this whole debacle in the first place. No one has attacked 'everyone'. We all know where the blame lies. And I guess we all know where you stand with your seeming refusal to condemn those in question which pretty much condones their actions.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
... wow ...

Get a job they said. Get of the interwebs they said.
*sigh*

... and after the second page I stopped reading all this.... so here is what I have to say...

Knowing the background of some things, and knowing how xenforo works...
The only users who can edit posts blindly are the original person who made a post and admins. There is a little check box that says to show edit or not. (apparently this has changed... good of xenforo!) There is nothing against the TOS of a person editing his or her post blindly... although a bit underhanded, it is not "illegal". Generally, admins who edit a post publicly will put the reason they edit (so as to keep within their ToS).

For the most part, an Admin editing a post here on Stratics has been rare. When I was admin, I think I edited another person's post maybe once, and yes, I put the reason for the edit ("requested by OP" or something like that). It is a function of the software so nothing underhanded on behalf of the Admins or Mods. Now is it underhanded for someone to edit a post - can be. Maybe they are cowardly and won't stand behind their words. Or perhaps they cooled off and realized their words needed clarification. In any case, blind-edits are a part of the system.

As for the overall situation - mistakes happen. The people leading/running Stratics are in no way "professional forum administrators" - they do not have the "professional skills" as seen in the industry today. Our Board is a collection of savvy people who have "real jobs" outside of Stratics. And yet, so many people participating in these forums expect the level of professionalism and service afforded to those "professional boards" - sorry, the money just isn't there for Stratics. IF Stratics had a money-making business model and IF Stratics could generate revenue to stay solvent and PAY its staff (*nod to Taylor*) - perhaps the level of professionalism so many of you barkers are making noise about would be had. Alas, Stratics is not such. It is a work of love by dedicated peoples - a huge majority of which are now counted as Alum.

To get on my high and mighty pooka here, a lot of "you people" should just PANCAKES and be ever so happy you STILL have a Stratics to post on and read, research, pancake, piss and moan on. The Board is doing what they can to the best of their ability for absolutely nada but gratitude - which has dwindled so far in recent times. The frustration in wanting to please all of you, and still balance life - and yes some actual gaming time - is why so many good people have gone silent or left. Sadly, it leaves the undesirables as a (loud) majority - which again chases away new people. It is not the level of work, or the amount of work, or the kind of work, or even the complexity of the work. It is the ungrateful, pancakes, snide, underhanded and downright rude activity of some people on this forum that makes others find happier pastures to dwell in. I know for myself, my life is less stress ridden since I do not read Stratics every day (or week now) or turn on my ICQ to the mass of irritating questions about Stratics or my gamer email filled with messages from people who believe they have to "tattle" on Stratics Mods and Admins... as if I matter in the equation much.

Simply put... the Stratics Board muffed up. Apparently those who were in the wrong are now part of the every growing group of Stratics Alum. Sad, for Cap't Norrington was a rather good mod - despite what a lot of you feel. Did he have some "favortism issues?" When I was attempting to steer this ship called Stratics, Cap. was friendly with his friends - and perhaps a bit gruff with people he didn't know. But that is human nature. Did he show favortism? Not on my watch.

And if anyone know me, I have no favorites. :p

Didn't know Clops too well... but is always sad to see people who give of their own time and talent toward a common goal without any recompense leave their volunteerism due to strife. I believe lessons were learned all around.

--- or judging by this thread, maybe not.

Personally... I think you barking ones should be happy you are not muzzled. But that's just me... and I've been called pancake by many so no matter.

a hui hou

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people leading/running Stratics are in no way "professional forum administrators" - they do not have the "professional skills" as seen in the industry today. Our Board is a collection of savvy people who have "real jobs" outside of Stratics. And yet, so many people participating in these forums expect the level of professionalism and service afforded to those "professional boards" - sorry, the money just isn't there for Stratics. IF Stratics had a money-making business model and IF Stratics could generate revenue to stay solvent and PAY its staff (*nod to Taylor*) - perhaps the level of professionalism so many of you barkers are making noise about would be had
I understand that and dont expect a fully 'professional' service. What I do expect however, and it has become obvious that this isnt there, is a level of honesty and integrity.

To get on my high and mighty pooka here, a lot of "you people" should just stfu and be ever so happy you STILL have a Stratics to post on and read, research, *****, piss and moan on.
Ah. There it is. We should just stfu and be grateful. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to take that angle and roll out that garbage. Youve lost all of your credibility with that one paragraph alone.

Sad, for Cap't Norrington was a rather good mod - despite what a lot of you feel.
I agree. Decent guy who made a mistake and has accepted responsibility for it. He's being made a scapegoat whilst others are hiding and not facing up to their actions or responsibility.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah. There it is. We should just stfu and be grateful. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to take that angle and roll out that garbage. Youve lost all of your credibility with that one paragraph alone.
Glad I could oblige. Now go PANCAKES so I can eat some popcorn and see what other barking can be heard. :popcorn:

(and of course, if you really know me, you now just how serious i am... oi)

[edited at the behest of moderation due to people having sensitive skin]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.