• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(SPOILERS) Inu the Crone Thread #17! (Also Blackrock, Ricardo, and other ItC subplots)

K

Ka'Thaal

Inu is currently in stale stasis I'd say. I was hoping they would at least unleash them there dark wisps on the rest of the shards today to give us something new to nibble on, throw us a bone dammit!

I

imported_AustinRules

Something is happening. Something is being built in Moonglow, so there might be some action tonight. It is getting a little stale though. Wish if they are too busy they would just say 'hey folks, sorry but UOKR is taking all our time, see you in April' or whatever.

I hope EA/UO understands how important these 'events' are if EA puts an effort behind them. They could be an incredible plus for UO to set them apart from the competition. I know half our shard participates in our shard events and most show up when needed for a UO event. To make it easier I would put an EM on each shard and necessary backup staff to run the EM events. That way UO doesn't have to do the same thing a dozen times so each shard can participate in the event at the same time. Over time each shard would have their own history. Sounds good to me.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Construction Begins on World’s First Blackrock Detector

BNN
same runes (clock tickin.... so far)
Tommorrow? Town hall in NYC...

*winds wake in a week clock*

P

phoenix11

Since I havent read anything on this I thought id mention it if you give any npc that spouts free ricardo A piece of blackrock you get those nifty black inu sparkles they dont walk around like she did but the rock still goes back into your pack.

M

Maligner

Just a thought but hasn't Ricardo been incustody for quite a bit of Britanian time. You would think he could plead guilty and get time served and be released.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Just a thought but hasn't Ricardo been incustody for quite a bit of Britanian time. You would think he could plead guilty and get time served and be released.

[/ QUOTE ]He has already been found guilty and sentenced to death.

F

Fayled Dhreams

*winds wake in a week clock*

tick tick tick

again

Wilki I'm fairly confident there will not be any new content next week.

Perhaps the weekend after that you'll have something nice and juicy to bite into.

*looks for the BIG winder*
hmmmmmmmmm

G

Question, since i'm not all that up to date these last few months:

Since the books of truth started dropping, has there been any real activity, event-wise, as such?

Goes without saying that snake skins, orders, foods etc have no use still? :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Question, since i'm not all that up to date these last few months:

Since the books of truth started dropping, has there been any real activity, event-wise, as such?

Goes without saying that snake skins, orders, foods etc have no use still? :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, hasn't been much of a reason to log into UO lately unless you want to watch some people scripting.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Well I just found Inu running around Zento spouting stuff again, here's what i managed to catch her saying....

*grumble grumble*

Can you hear that?

Search through the depths for illumination…..

The onslaught of hate is upon us!!!

The prophecy must not be silenced!!

Brave the darkness when it comes?

F

Fayled Dhreams

INU?
paroled or a breakout?

yeow

thanks Flame,
time served
ooooo candle?
bright flame or dark flame?

dark.... yeah a dark flame burns sommer's(slurred somewhere's)

G

new BNN

Inu “The Crone” Is Free
Jane of Yew Mar 9 2007 5:12PM

Much to the delight of the Yew Prison Guards, Inu “the Crone” was released on her own recognizance late last night.

For those who do not know, early this winter, during the infamous Ricardo Trial, Inu stormed proceedings and was arrested for contempt of court and placed in the Yew Prison for an untold period of time.

“See here, she’s harmless, she’s done her time and well, frankly, she’s difficult to listen to”, quipped Gavin Klink, a stout, grey bearded Guard with over 20 years tenure at the Yew Prison facility.

The necessity for Inu’s continued incarceration came under intense scrutiny this week, soon after she began shouting about ‘new visions’.

“She kept the strangest hours”, added Klink, “pacing in her cell late at night, ranting at the top of her lungs about the great candle and an onslaught of hate. We tried everything to quiet her down, but she wasn’t going to stop.”

The weary guard wiped his brow, let out a sigh of relief and a quiet chuckle, “We’re just glad that Justice Verina decided to let her go.”

In a rare quiet moment, Inu reportedly promised the guards and Justice Verina that she was headed back to Tokuno.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Search through the depths for illumination….."

"The onslaught of hate is upon us!!!"

"Brave the darkness when it comes?"

"the great candle and an onslaught of hate"

All of these ramblings from Inu seem to point at one thing: the Candle of Love.
I guess that the same forces of evil who were responsible for the theft of the Book of Truth will cause the disapperance of the Candle, unleashing Hatred (anti-Principle of Love) on Britannia.

The first sentence seems to point out that we will have to search the dungeons or the seas to recover the candle...

After the Book and Candle, only the Bell of Courage will be left.

Falsehood is already upon us, Hatred is coming soon and possibly Cowardice will follow... Could this mean that the three Shadowlords are descending on Britannia?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
"can you hear that?"
"The darkness when it comes?"
"search through the depths for illumination"

"the onslaught of hate is upon us"
"The prophecy must not be silenced"
"Brave the darkness when it comes"

O

Oceania Big Fish

<center>"Search through the depths for illumination"</center>

<blockquote><hr>

Sir Bolo: The first sentence seems to point out that we will have to search the dungeons <font color="blue">or the seas</font> to recover the candle...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea, would be great if we did have to actually fish something up, or find a shipwreck, either from the oceans or maybe some place like the lake in Wind Park..give us Fishermen a role in the scenerio.
Almost all these events and scenerios are pretty much set for Mages and Warriors, in whatever templates they may be...couldn't hurt to include something for crafters and resourse gatherer types too!

G

Test center is down for ... well, testing. The next chapter is almost upon us ... any thoughts as to what it will be? If there's a big public gathering in Moonglow to turn on the blackrock detector, would you dare go? Or perhaps is something else that will pop up?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish on Test Center
Jeremy Dalberg
13 Mar 2007 20:02:26 EST
Test Center 1 is back up with the following new goodies:

- Books of Truth will no longer drop

- Dark Wisps have been discovered near the Lycaeum on TC1

- This is an ideal time to discover their weaknesses for yourselves, while there’s still time

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they drop Paragon chests then most likely they might drop Marties too!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So what's the best thing to use against the Dark Wisps? I have yet to encounter one myself...real life takes up most of my time..that and finding fun stuff to report on...of which I THINK this is one

I

imported_Tane Darkbane

Just spent an hour or so on test centre, the spawner in the Lyceum is Dynamic (Check the book in the NW building 'DYNAMIC SPAWNER DO NOT DELETE') and as such looks like it increases the Dark wisp difficulty each wave. Me and some other peeps took down the first wave pretty easy with archers, mages and a fighter and where treated to some nice explosions, the next wave was tougher and the wisps ressed corpses like crazy(approx 10 flesh golems +revs), don't know if this was just me but some of the wisps where darker also on this wave being pure black rather than shadow wisp grey.
Spells that seem to work are explode and mind blast, any weapon with hit spell works well as well as they help to take them down fast before the sheild kicks in.

Hope this helps!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Could this mean that the three Shadowlords are descending on Britannia?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's been my thought all along. If you focus on one facet, say Trammel, there are three locations for blackrock. Might it be the Blackrock is growing up from the shards of the dark jewel, also known as the Gem of Immortality? These shards, which came to rest in the underworld, were the source of the Shadowlords. It required the flames of courage, love, and truth to destroy the Shadowlords and their shards. I wonder if we'll have to quest to light the flames as well.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

They're actually pretty weak against a lot of attacks (fire, poison, cold), but they regenerate like crazy if you gave them a chance. Two good warriors can take down a paragon, though the necrocombos a paragon can unleash are scary.

There's a lot going on in the wisp dungeon level 2 - I don't know the place well, so I don't know how much of it has always been there, but there are dark wisp statues, necklaces ... I couldn't hold the library/temple area long enough to explore it, but a group should be able to check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]It looks as though everything there is the same as it has been, except for the living dark wisps.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It looks as though everything there is the same as it has been, except for the living dark wisps.

[/ QUOTE ]
ah well, thanks for the info - got rather excited there for a while - looked like those evil wizards were crafting something new. *goes back to attempting to liberate the Lycaeum*

L

louiseyd

My Cu Sidhe ate his way thru quite a few wisps and now I've got paragon chests. Can someone tell me what level lockpicking is needed to open them? My mage used to open paragon chests but not these.

Thanks.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It looks as though everything there is the same as it has been, except for the living dark wisps.

[/ QUOTE ]
ah well, thanks for the info - got rather excited there for a while - looked like those evil wizards were crafting something new. *goes back to attempting to liberate the Lycaeum*

[/ QUOTE ]There might be something new there now - I haven't had a chance to head back down since that last post, and at the time the invasion at the Lycaeum hadn't started yet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

"search through the depths for illumination"

"The prophecy must not be silenced"
"Brave the darkness when it comes"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do wisp dungeon that often but decided to go there due to Glow are on Atl being overran with players killing wisps. I found a 2 locations with runic letters around them illuminating the area they spell nothing out but did run across an area that I have no clue about.

This area has 5 tombstone looking things that say:

In rememberance of our noble leaders
Cast out from our world by those that would not believe
The path to order is through chaos and the cleansing of all life
Only then can balance be found
We who remain true shall rise again

Kinda figure this is some older stuff but hardly ever coming here wanted to toss it out and verify.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

Yeah, that's all old stuff as far as I can remember. I've been through Wisp dungeon as I'm very familiar with it. I don't see anything new. Although, at some time a while ago, they did change the colors of some doors to a red hue. That might be related to this whole Inu business if it was changed at the beginning of it all. But I don't know.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In rememberance of our noble leaders
Cast out from our world by those that would not believe
The path to order is through chaos and the cleansing of all life
Only then can balance be found
We who remain true shall rise again

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if this is not new, it may have relevance ...

Interesting reading:
dark wisps
history of Ilshenar ... and
more wispiness

I

imported_Trebr Drab

Yes, there's also the busts of the olf FOA leaders there, with the names on plaques. But other than re-using old stuff, does anyone see any real connection to the FOA or anything else? The Dark Wisps are possibly a connection, but pretty loose, only their use here. And the Wisp said there were "others".

G

The Wisps always had connections with Armaggedon, telling the Avatar of the spell in Ultima 6. Thus their connection to the Followers of Armageddon. My understanding of Blackrock is hazier as it was primarily dealt with in the later Ultimas which I did not play. From my understanding, the moonstone that the Avatar received in Ultima 6 was a piece of enchanted blackrock. It in essence let you cast moongates to many different locations.

I still suggest that the blackrock is "growing" up from the three shards of the Gem of Immortality that settled down in the Underworld. In UO, there are actually six blackrock locations, but since Trammel and Felucca mirror each other, the shards would be mirror too I suppose. From these three shards spring forth the Shadowlords of Cowardice, Falsehood, and Hatred: Nosfentor, Fauleini, and Astaroth respectively. I would imagine the dark wisps serve the Shadowlords.

It is my believe that they are seeking to steal the Bell of Courage, Candle of Love, and the Book of Truth to prevent the Flames of Courage, Love, and Truth from being ignited. In Ultima 5 these flames, which burned in each of the three castles dedicated to the principles, were required to destroy each opposing shadowlord and their respective shard of the gem of immortality. At the moment, no flames burn so perhaps there will be a quest to ignite each flame using the artifacts.

G

I notice there's an interesting NPC in the Yew Abbey on TC1 - "Anne the keeper of the flame". Is she new?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I notice there's an interesting NPC in the Yew Abbey on TC1 - "Anne the keeper of the flame". Is she new?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sensing more and more references to the Shadowlords. I have a feeling a confrontation is drawing near.

The Keeper of the Flame, located within the Abbey (the bastion of Love) is quite an interesting development.

I

imported_AustinRules

I doubt if anyone is going to steal the Book of Truths....or the other two items, Bell of Courage, Candle of Love. One of us on each shard is about to be rewarded for finding the 'real' Book of Truths. Unless of course Shadowlords, or whatever, steal it once it goes on display.

Instead of a candle I was thinking Inu was talking riddles again. A 'great candle' to me might be a lighthouse....especially to illuminate the darkness.

C

Ceridwen DF

New runes on uo.com

"Shh walls do quote evil well"

*hums x-files music*

G

or perhaps

"Shadows will quell the love"

by steaing our candle of love

*edit as hit the wrong smily*

I

imported_mord mhor

Arrrrrgh....you....you prophetess of doom you.

You Inu even.

G

hmmm ... it makes a sort of inkblot personality test ... does one see love winning or losing?

C

Ceridwen DF

<blockquote><hr>

hmmm ... it makes a sort of inkblot personality test ... does one see love winning or losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be both I guess, which is why it´s nice to leave it open as to what we do during the Candle of Love event.

I

imported_mord mhor

To all.

A few tied knots but many loose ends.

1 The book the shattering received earlier in this event arc makes a reference to Zog and his cohorts (the FOA).

2 There is direct written evidence in past history to suggest that some FOA were never brought to book.

3 It appears FOA members at some time have practiced there philosphies in Ish, even leaving a commemerative shrine there in wisp dungeon.

4 I have read of reference to (im not up on all UO history so may need pointers) a FELOWSHIP (identity unsure, FOA ?) creating a black gate to help a creature called the Guardian gain access to Sosaria.

Note: A black gate has allready been created at the bottom (and destoyed) of Terathan Keep.

5 BIG QUESTION. Have the FOA abandoned trying to cast the armeggedon spell (it is impossible to cast correctly) in favor of releasing the Ba'lem locked away in Ish? Is the Ba'lem of Ish the Guardian?

As I speak, here on Europa the dark wisps still infest the wisp dungeon in Ish even though the spawn at the Lyceun has departed.

Inu when turning up at the trial of Ricardo indicates that the trial is of no cosequence and is a distraction from what is truely important. Was it at that moment in time, the fact that a Black Gate in Terathan Keep had appeared? I beleive there are references to someone in Ish having special knowledge of gate travel in the past. The FOA are known to have dabled with crystaline blackrock (its has teleportation properties) in the past, have they discovereed this kowledge?

C

Ceridwen DF

I know this might be a stupid question, but what does FOA stand for?

C

Ceridwen DF

Ah, thank you

Hm, has some info here in the AoS strategy guide book... sounds kind of interesting and also mentions wisps.

(I´ll copy it in just a sec, might take a min or two)

EDIT: Don´t know if this is interesting for anyone, but for me it kind of was.

Taken from: Prima´s Strategy Guide
Ultima Online - Age of Shadows

Followers of Armageddon (page 156)

In ancient times, only one man was ever known to have actually held a comprehensible dialogue with the Wisps. The Wisps follishly trusted this mage with the Apocalypse (Doomsday) spell, which he then used to wipe out all life on Sosaria for a period of time. This evil mage is dead, and his name is now anathema, not to be spoken within the realm of Britannia. His bones are rumored to be the oldest relics in existence.
The Followers of Armageddon have a reputation as a secret conspiracy, rumored to have agents all over the land infiltrated into positions of power. Any actual connection between this mage and the Followers of Armageddon seems to be idle speculation, even though the Followers originally adopted his name for their own.

I

imported_mord mhor

Hmm thats interesting, I beleive the FOA stole some relics of Mondain or some such. Dont know if they were ever retrieved. But nasty things tend to happen in my fantasy experience when fiddleing with old relics.