• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sonoma PvP thread v4.1

B

Busters

ok, so after 4 years on Ultima online, I would like to start a PVP character

I need advice on Template, whether or not to be in a faction....basic stuff really

I want to learn how to do this....so any help would be welcomed

thanks
It all depends on what you like to play. Mage/archer/wep skill. Once you know what you want to play, then it is easier to give you ideas. As for a suit, that all depends on what you want to play.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keysersoze was You??

Well if your this guy that I killed at PrimeEvil Lich spawn, I'd start by joining a guild. The best way to learn is practice.... but other than that don't feel too bad. If that WAS you soze simply running away as fast as you can is the 1st step. Standing there & not moving even once just doesn't cut it heh.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, so after 4 years on Ultima online, I would like to start a PVP character

I need advice on Template, whether or not to be in a faction....basic stuff really

I want to learn how to do this....so any help would be welcomed

thanks
Know that you WILL die a LOT. Find a guild to join that is willing to accept new to pvp people that will help you learn. Pick a template that you're comfortable with. Once you join a guild, I'm sure you'll get some advice on what skills to add/drop and how to improve your suit.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keysersoze was You??

Well if your this guy that I killed at PrimeEvil Lich spawn, I'd start by joining a guild. The best way to learn is practice.... but other than that don't feel too bad. If that WAS you soze simply running away as fast as you can is the 1st step. Standing there & not moving even once just doesn't cut it heh.

LOL...hey that was me....I actually did try to move at you, however, my system decided to do ask me to run a java update (i hate vista). I wouldn't have matter much, im sure you would of still whipped me...

i did appreciate the attempt to rez me though...but ive been schooled in the art of rez-kill too many times

What template do you run? Mage/Dex? That is what I have been leaning towards

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you attempt to spawn in Fel, without approaching a WAKA member and negotiating the entrance fee, do not be surprised if you find yourself consistently in monochrome. Just ask any former COP alliance, SCAM or D@D member. You may sneak one or two in while we sleep at 4am but we will always find you and extract a more unpleasant form of payment.

Do not forget who runs Fel. WAKA does. We have earned it fairly and do not care if we kill you with 1 person or 10. We killed absolutely everyone else off of the shard. It's ours. We may be replaced at some point in the future..but for right now..we're your huckleberry.

:thumbup1:

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you attempt to spawn in Fel, without approaching a WAKA member and negotiating the entrance fee, do not be surprised if you find yourself consistently in monochrome. Just ask any former COP alliance, SCAM or D@D member. You may sneak one or two in while we sleep at 4am but we will always find you and extract a more unpleasant form of payment.

Do not forget who runs Fel. WAKA does. We have earned it fairly and do not care if we kill you with 1 person or 10. We killed absolutely everyone else off of the shard. It's ours. We may be replaced at some point in the future..but for right now..we're your huckleberry.

okaaaaaaaay...Taking it a little too seriously?

LOL....Good for you for running Fel....and earning it!

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to do Sonoma champ spawns easily, just find one in T2A, waka stays busy doing coon and rikky over and over. For all thier talk, waka cant rule over fel very well, many t2a champs are done without them even knowing.
If you roll alone, be sure to carry pop boxes to break the paralyze from the spamming mages. also if alone, be sure to exit the area after killing a stealth scout, otherwise all thier buddies will be there to gank/xfield ya, followed by generic teenage trashtalking.

would be great if somehow the new arenas could somehow be added to a champ spawn, have it so the spawners and the raiders are thrown into an arena and winner gets the spawn (which could go into a pause state while fight goes on) of course alot of so called pvpers would quit since it would even the fight.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah widow must be that Jack kid thats been hitting on my fiance on sonoma. Im sorry but shes taken, and even if she wasnt she wouldnt go for a minor like yourself.

Back to topic, it seems COP is back on sonoma, tried raiding a group of mine earlier this week, they had about 8 people camping the star room but we saw them there and just left t2a the long way with our pile of scrolls. They werent in full force obviously or they would have hit us at the spawn and not the Sroom.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL....pile of scrolls *snort*...COP *glurp*...Bahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

PAS..... Bahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.......

B

Busters

If you want to do Sonoma champ spawns easily, just find one in T2A, waka stays busy doing coon and rikky over and over. For all thier talk, waka cant rule over fel very well, many t2a champs are done without them even knowing.
If you roll alone, be sure to carry pop boxes to break the paralyze from the spamming mages. also if alone, be sure to exit the area after killing a stealth scout, otherwise all thier buddies will be there to gank/xfield ya, followed by generic teenage trashtalking.

would be great if somehow the new arenas could somehow be added to a champ spawn, have it so the spawners and the raiders are thrown into an arena and winner gets the spawn (which could go into a pause state while fight goes on) of course alot of so called pvpers would quit since it would even the fight.
anytime you want an even fight, just let me know :thumbup1: I'll show you exactly why you should be avoiding us.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Avoiding who exactly? Waka? please, outnumbering a guild doesnt mean you beat that guild. COP took a break to redo thier armor cuz of no faction points. they dont run a sigil thief enough and thats thier problem. I have yet to die to any Waka, even without my main char on sonoma, my fiance got jumped once in t2a by waka and even then they had to use 4 guys spamming paralyze and explo/fs.
You guys should maybe go and practice Big Boy PVP where you dont have your opponent outnumbered or have your stealth archers waiting in the wings.
Ill be on nightly now that school is starting and waka will have to be in bed by 10pm and wont have thier numbers to back them up.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you ever make sense? Oh I didnt know you were mentally challenged, guess Ill leave you alone now. I guess waka is an equal opportunity guild who only allows handicapped people in. would explain thier level of intelligence shown when they attempt to speak

Oh im roleplaying when i say mentally challenged, im talking about his character, not his human self.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buy me the xfer token on baja so i can bring my main to sonoma and back and ill take you on. of course only after you get your char unguilded and we make a new guild just for dueling so we can do it outside of fel, where your bf's would be waiting to gank like always. But since that would mean a fair fight you wouldnt go for it so ill just putcha on ignore so i dont have to listen to your prepubescence.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminder.

If you can not handle the PvP thread go somewhere else.

Naming people and their guilds is perfectly allowed.

Accusing them of glitchig or hacking or something like is not.

But saying "This person sucks and is in this guild" is allowed. And its probably true.

Thanks!

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you ever make sense? Oh I didnt know you were mentally challenged, guess Ill leave you alone now. I guess waka is an equal opportunity guild who only allows handicapped people in. would explain thier level of intelligence shown when they attempt to speak
Not cool. And definelty not allowed.

Use this as a reminder folks, dont do this kind of stuff.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dementia...LOL..can a name EVER be more appropriate.

1. WAKA never..ever...repeat...never interrupts a duel with one of it's members. The rest of the guild would have their azz for it.

2. No-one is paying for **** for you. You want to talk..do the walk... coward.

3. You have your pick of anyone, any template. There is not a single person in WAKA that would not only take you to school but drop you back off at preschool after rolling you around the parking lot like a cheap Walmart kickball.

Take your choice: Snake, DOM, Asha, Snoop, Wyld, Bear, Grinch, Krazy..anyone...name your template..name your price..hell..any of us will even do it for free.

*Pfffttt* Like any of this would ever happen, you are worse than Mercy and just as huge a sniveling coward.

You are PAS...after all. No other proof is ever going to be needed.

GJ son..now get back to cowering with Carnes... where you belong.

Worthless drama queen.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly child, you should really get your anger in check, it is after all a game. My fiance is PAS, She plays sonoma, I use some of her characters to do spawns at nite when your sleeping. None are much of a pvp template but i use them openly and wouldnt run if id ever see you kids when im on at nite, but its understandable, you wouldnt want to get grounded. Make up all the supposed rules of Waka that you will but truth is your all just gimplates and cheap tricks. And if your broke asses cant pay to back up your 1v1 claims then well better start training up on baja. Until then im just going to ignore any posts by minors from here on out, which oddly enough covers 100% of your guild.

B

Busters

Avoiding who exactly? Waka? please, outnumbering a guild doesnt mean you beat that guild. COP took a break to redo thier armor cuz of no faction points. they dont run a sigil thief enough and thats thier problem. I have yet to die to any Waka, even without my main char on sonoma, my fiance got jumped once in t2a by waka and even then they had to use 4 guys spamming paralyze and explo/fs.
You guys should maybe go and practice Big Boy PVP where you dont have your opponent outnumbered or have your stealth archers waiting in the wings.
Ill be on nightly now that school is starting and waka will have to be in bed by 10pm and wont have thier numbers to back them up.

Again, i said anytime you want 1v1, let me know. If you want to talk smack, then you better back it up. As for someone getting para ganked, the only time we have to do that is when someone constantly runs. And since you even said that you guys try to avoid us, then more then likely your girl was running. If you spawn here, then you can make a char here to duel with in no time, it's not 2 hard to do. So either back up what you say, or join cop and just be all talk like them.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly child, you should really get your anger in check, it is after all a game. My fiance is PAS, She plays sonoma, I use some of her characters to do spawns at nite when your sleeping. None are much of a pvp template but i use them openly and wouldnt run if id ever see you kids when im on at nite, but its understandable, you wouldnt want to get grounded. Make up all the supposed rules of Waka that you will but truth is your all just gimplates and cheap tricks. And if your broke asses cant pay to back up your 1v1 claims then well better start training up on baja. Until then im just going to ignore any posts by minors from here on out, which oddly enough covers 100% of your guild.
I have a trained up char on Baja. What guild are you with and who are you?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*crickets*

Yep..that is what everyone already knew..another one wimps out.

Stay out of this forum if you are not going to accept duel demands.

B

Busters

I have a trained up char on Baja. What guild are you with and who are you?
who cares about baja?? You are on sonoma pvp boards saying you will fight, but we need to come to baja?? Either fight here, or shut up and get out of these boards, and leave it to the real pvpers.

A

Alistor

I'd just like to say, PvP thieves are still awesome. Stolen from Avorion of PAS at like 3 in the morning. He took forever to kill Barry with his lonely dragon and it was getting boring standing there watching him go back and forth healing and invis'ing and whatnot, but I guess the wait paid off in the end xD

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who cares about baja?? You are on sonoma pvp boards saying you will fight, but we need to come to baja?? Either fight here, or shut up and get out of these boards, and leave it to the real pvpers.
Was responding to Xalan who was telling Waka to come to Baja. I have a character or two there who will duel him/her and they haven't responded.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja has NO real PvPers at all..not a one would stand 30 seconds against any WAKA...ever. :thumbup1:

Tuck your tail, empty the drool cup and fold up Carnes lower lip then slink on back to the nothingness you have always been....and will always be. :gee:

This is the big boy room and you are simply not allowed in. :stretcher:

B

Busters

Tuck your tail, empty the drool cup and fold up Carnes lower lip then slink on back to the nothingness you have always been....and will always be. :gee:
QUOTE]

where in the hell do you come up with this stuff?? :lol: keep it comin

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave Baja out of this.

Some of your WAKA members are in Cartel on Baja anyways.

Are you suggesting we should fight ourselves?

For an archer, you sure have a lot to say.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We like to spread the love around.

WAKA is everywhere.

Even that hottie Shakira loves us so much that she sang about us to the world.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xalan Dementia -

I'm still waiting for a response as to who you are on Baja. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so we can set something up!

E

EX_UO Player

How is the PvP on this shard? Is it pretty active all day or just prime time?

B

Busters

How is the PvP on this shard? Is it pretty active all day or just prime time?
Dead! You are lucky to see a fight in a day. Waka ran everyone off, and the only people in fel are the blue guilds that try to sneak past waka to get a spawn off, so if they are caught then thats about the only pvp left on this shard.

E

EX_UO Player

Dead! You are lucky to see a fight in a day. Waka ran everyone off, and the only people in fel are the blue guilds that try to sneak past waka to get a spawn off, so if they are caught then thats about the only pvp left on this shard.
How many does waka actually field on a regular basis?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember, we are popping a free Harry for those across the other side of the gate Saturday 08/28/10 at 7pm PST.

WAKA will guard. Blues from enemy guilds COP / 86 / MOFO will be instantly killed. We will have former members of those guilds to identify the interlopers.

Raids by anyone willing to dare enter the area with ill intent will be most welcome.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs* Working 4-Midnight as usual....... Ah well Slownoma is TOTALLY Dead...

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs* Working 4-Midnight as usual....... Ah well Slownoma is TOTALLY Dead...
So...prolly go play freeshard for a bit....I was thinking of trying to play. Not sure how the conn would work out, but ya..not thinking prolly will if there is no figthing...Now just to wait on the 5 hour download for UO...god I hate slower conns.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...prolly go play freeshard for a bit....I was thinking of trying to play. Not sure how the conn would work out, but ya..not thinking prolly will if there is no figthing...Now just to wait on the 5 hour download for UO...god I hate slower conns.
Quit complaining and start the download already!

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice open harry last night. At the end we got a "raid" from COP that wasn't really a challenge but hats off for coming. After wiping all but KMS out (he hid and slunk out) we decided to go do one of our own.

Finished that and then heard the word go up that COP, along with various other guilds that were not allowed at the Harry (guess their po' wittle feewin's were hurt) were headed into Despise. They had pretty massive numbers, so we gathered up 7-8 and headed in.

The slaughter was without mercy (since he was one of the first to be wiped out..lol). Not a single WAKA died to the enemy (altho I got gob smacked by 4th lvl spawn and went into stat). We finished up their champ while they ran in and set up a grinder in the star room.

Not being overly eager to step into a meat grinder (the only thing they could muster up), we sat outside and killed any who dared venture out of their grinder. We negated their "run out in necro form..throw 1 spell..and run back into the star room ***** tactics" with a crate in front of the gate. They stopped coming out after that and whined mightily in chat. We were all laughing our asses off. We kinda drew straws and Grinch or Josh (can't remember exactly who) bravely went into the grinder..resulting in our only death to enemy forces (duh). We then left but continued chatting at them threatening that we were coming in. 20 minutes later..we told them we were not really there...LOL!! Someone just TRY and tell me THAT is not just plain azz funny!!!

All in all.. a very fun night and we appreciate the fact that someone actully tried fighting. We hope this trend continues. Don't get discouraged, it's only gold and 20 minutes for those brave enough to be orange. Shame on those who are too much of a coward to be orange!! I am sure you will eventually get some kills.

We will do some more open adventures (with new rules worked out already with the issue of enemies on alts..they all die.. with no issues between the Blues and WAKA) and hope everyone had fun.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*dusts off the cobwebs from my TB guy*

was able to dirt nap one WAKA last night before i caught a pair dirt naps myself.

and wowsers, was my adrenaline pumping when i took that last sig (trinny) out from right under ya all.

was fun, ill try to get out more here on the home shard now that winter is fast upon me soon..

i had to laugh hard at that 2nd dirt nap i took.
i didn't expect to have that stealth archer come up behind me.
when i got jumped i yelled "no one ever expects the Spanish inquisition!!!!"

which i for some reason always say when a stealth archer jumps me.

YouTube - Spanish inquisition

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol..that was you last night!! Nice to see some TB out and about. You waited too long for the sigs though, they were already corrupted.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it was just one of those things.

we where in TS chatting and someone said "lets go check sonoma"
so i was the first on and went in and saw that last sig sitting there.

too bad we didnt come a hour earlier and make ya all fight for the towns a bit.

but now that we know there is some life here still we will have to pencil you all in for a some fun.