• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sneak Peek II

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonders about the limited time availability of some tunes, and the "RNG" used for selections. Wonders if they're numbered?
If it's another gears mess, I'll probably pass - I still haven't gotten all of the Dawn's gears - what's up wit dat? it's been a couple years now i think.
The only one that doesn't drop any more is the Wanderer quest gear. The rest all appear, at equal drop rates irrespective of rarity, on the Sutek quest next to the Cavern Of The Discarded. They've also fixed him so he can't wander too far away from his ruins any more... with a few runs every now and then, I've filled 2 boxes completely, and have 4 close to completion. I sell the remaining gears for about 10k each.

S

Sevin0oo0

I sell the remaining gears for about 10k each.
I'd easily pay that to finish this off. Sutek is fun w/ short term memory loss. I was getting them from Golems and Goblins, now just Goblins
I have 49/52 Common, 12/17 UNCOMMON (would buy at 145k ea) , 6/7 RARE (would buy for 500k)
I have 1 extra Wanderer

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonders about the limited time availability of some tunes, and the "RNG" used for selections. Wonders if they're numbered?
If it's another gears mess, I'll probably pass - I still haven't gotten all of the Dawn's gears - what's up wit dat? it's been a couple years now i think.
You need to become very good friends with Sutek down in the Abyss. I had that mini-game down to a science and filled 3 music boxes. I managed to snag a fourth during the Great Fall that had The Wanderer already in it, so I'll be furiously clicking again soon.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd easily pay that to finish this off. Sutek is fun w/ short term memory loss. I was getting them from Golems and Goblins, now just Goblins
I have 49/52 Common, 12/17 UNCOMMON (would buy at 145k ea) , 6/7 RARE (would buy for 500k)
I have 1 extra Wanderer
Sadly my previous hunting spot, before they added them to Sutek, was Castle Blackthorn in Ilshenar... hours and hours and days and days spent there, so as you can imagine, it was bitter sweet then to see it go!

Unfortunately I'm on Europa, which I don't think is the same as yours is it? I'd gladly help if it is.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sincerely hope that the music is harpsicord music and the darned thing is not just a music player. We have a music box for that.

On another note: When I first started UO about 15 years ago, my first foray into the forest alone resulted in a fight with a bat like creature that almost killed me. I was thrilled I had won and ran back to town to tell anyone who would listen to me about my experience. From that moment on, and for years, character development was a major part of my game experience as I progressed to every more powerful foes.

I maintain that this experience and progression is as inviting and enjoyable to the new player today as it was in my day. I see it and hear it with each new player I interact with.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On another note: When I first started UO about 15 years ago, my first foray into the forest alone resulted in a fight with a bat like creature that almost killed me. I was thrilled I had won and ran back to town to tell anyone who would listen to me about my experience. From that moment on, and for years, character development was a major part of my game experience as I progressed to every more powerful foes.

I maintain that this experience and progression is as inviting and enjoyable to the new player today as it was in my day. I see it and hear it with each new player I interact with.
I'd agree, although only really for a strict definition of "new player".
For a lot of players, even if they're new to UO, they won't be new to MMOGs or RPGs in general.
The "magic" of the first mongbat (and I can remember a similar time for me, along with such things as spending several hours trying to get revenge on a dire wolf that killed me) is based on the freshness of experience, and for the majority of players now, they've lost that:(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd agree, although only really for a strict definition of "new player".
For a lot of players, even if they're new to UO, they won't be new to MMOGs or RPGs in general.
The "magic" of the first mongbat (and I can remember a similar time for me, along with such things as spending several hours trying to get revenge on a dire wolf that killed me) is based on the freshness of experience, and for the majority of players now, they've lost that:(
Dire wolves were my bane as well... I still have a character that will go out of her way to kill the "vile" creatures.