• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege, PVP and PVP DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
So I've read a lot of comments on many PVP discussion threads that have involved active members of Siege being outspoken and down right aggressive for changes to PVP.

All of that aggressive and passionate talk drew my interest so I made a character there. Invested my time and money in building a suit, scrolls, etc. Only to find groups of what I consider to be trammy type players with pets or stealth. So here I ask, if Siege players are so outspoken on PVP topics, why am I not finding people on Siege that are capable of PVP at a higher level? Why do I single-handily dismantle a group of 6 players while I am fighting there on an unfinished character? Why is this community so outspoken on PVP? Allow me to answer this. This community does not like PVP. As a matter of fact, they HATE pvp and they ally every trammy guild to fight a single player that pvps. I have witnessed this in my one weeks time there. As I found myself fighting 10 or more players from multiple guilds at the 4th of July event. A community so outspoken to weaken... You guessed it, PVPERS. They wish to make pets stronger and players weaker. Why? Well, so they can say all kill and run away (I've literally watched this happen). Stop catering to this nonsense... PLEASE.

I make this thread to point out and bring attention to @Mesanna @Bleak to please keep this in mind when listening to the "voice" of pvp by the "pvpers"... If you want to breathe new life into this area of the game, I'd strongly consider assembling a team of players that actually pvp (AT A HIGH LEVEL) to help with production changes geared towards PVP as well as to help you when you implement changes to prevent changes that will likely be abused in PVP IE: Holy fister nerf, Tamings latest fubar, Archery nerf etc. Doing this will allow for fewer "exploits" in PVP as well as added interest from the majority of players that actually wish to educate themselves in the game and play at a high level.

Just food for thought guys.

Let's make UO PVP Great Again!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I've read a lot of comments on many PVP discussion threads that have involved active members of Siege being outspoken and down right aggressive for changes to PVP.

All of that aggressive and passionate talk drew my interest so I made a character there. Invested my time and money in building a suit, scrolls, etc. Only to find groups of what I consider to be trammy type players with pets or stealth. So here I ask, if Siege players are so outspoken on PVP topics, why am I not finding people on Siege that are capable of PVP at a higher level? Why do I single-handily dismantle a group of 6 players while I am fighting there on an unfinished character? Why is this community so outspoken on PVP? Allow me to answer this. This community does not like PVP. As a matter of fact, they HATE pvp and they ally every trammy guild to fight a single player that pvps. I have witnessed this in my one weeks time there. As I found myself fighting 10 or more players from multiple guilds at the 4th of July event. A community so outspoken to weaken... You guessed it, PVPERS. They wish to make pets stronger and players weaker. Why? Well, so they can say all kill and run away (I've literally watched this happen). Stop catering to this nonsense... PLEASE.

I make this thread to point out and bring attention to @Mesanna @Bleak to please keep this in mind when listening to the "voice" of pvp by the "pvpers"... If you want to breathe new life into this area of the game, I'd strongly consider assembling a team of players that actually pvp (AT A HIGH LEVEL) to help with production changes geared towards PVP as well as to help you when you implement changes to prevent changes that will likely be abused in PVP IE: Holy fister nerf, Tamings latest fubar, Archery nerf etc. Doing this will allow for fewer "exploits" in PVP as well as added interest from the majority of players that actually wish to educate themselves in the game and play at a high level.

Quite frankly I think this post has encouraged me to try out siege. Sounds like a good place to play.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
@Fridgster

Out of curiosity what encouraged you most to try Siege from my post? I want to fully understand your statement here.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Why don't you actually speak with the Siege PvPrs and not the Siege Pvmrs ? If the pvprs aren't responding in this thread or your other one, that's on them. How about you log in to Gen chat on siege and ask for the PvPrs. do you need me to explain to you what a PvPr is ? Do you need the names of the PvPrs on Siege so you can reach out to them directly ? Otherwise, How about you stop speaking about the entire shard when you're only looking for a tiny part of it . ?

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Why don't you actually speak with the Siege PvPrs and not the Siege Pvmrs ? If the pvprs aren't responding in this thread or your other one, that's on them. How about you log in to Gen chat on siege and ask for the PvPrs. do you need me to explain to you what a PvPr is ? Do you need the names of the PvPrs on Siege so you can reach out to them directly ? Otherwise, How about you stop speaking about the entire shard when you're only looking for a tiny part of it . ?
BY ALL MEANS.... Direct me towards the PVP'ers. I'm willing to bet that your PVP'ers (Whom I've not seen in an entire week of fighting there) won't be much more of a challenge. Feel free to tag them on this post. I'd be willing to meet them on Siege to discuss PVP anytime.

But since we're on the subject of speaking about an entire shard, lets discuss your shard of PVM'ers discussing anything PVP related when you just admitted that Siege isn't PVP oriented. Let's address this openly for all to see. You take offense to me speaking truthfully in regards to your shards PVP, while I take offense to your shards players speaking on PVP at all, especially when they do not take part in PVP.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BY ALL MEANS.... Direct me towards the PVP'ers. I'm willing to bet that your PVP'ers (Whom I've not seen in an entire week of fighting there) won't be much more of a challenge. Feel free to tag them on this post. I'd be willing to meet them on Siege to discuss PVP anytime.

But since we're on the subject of speaking about an entire shard, lets discuss your shard of PVM'ers discussing anything PVP related when you just admitted that Siege isn't PVP oriented. Let's address this openly for all to see. You take offense to me speaking truthfully in regards to your shards PVP, while I take offense to your shards players speaking on PVP at all, especially when they do not take part in PVP.
I think the issue PvMrs have with the things PvPrs want changed is, this dev team doesn't know how to fix things for you without it bleeding over into the Pvm environment. It never fails that PvPrs ask for nerf of something, and I'll give you this much, it's sometimes for good reasons, but the fix almost always screws over the Pvmr. On production shards, its not much of a big deal, on a shard like Siege where we don't have insurance for every item, including something as silly as a damn pet ball, its a big deal.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I think the issue PvMrs have with the things PvPrs want changed is, this dev team doesn't know how to fix things for you without it bleeding over into the Pvm environment. It never fails that PvPrs ask for nerf of something, and I'll give you this much, it's sometimes for good reasons, but the fix almost always screws over the Pvmr. On production shards, its not much of a big deal, on a shard like Siege where we don't have insurance for every item, including something as silly as a damn pet ball, its a big deal.
I assure you, any nerf we've requested hasn't had PVM in mind. In fact, I've told DEV's to specifically nerf pets according to PVP leaving PVM alone. The PVP archer nerf didn't change too much. The Holy fist nerf didn't hurt PVM'ers. We could go on. I'm sure there are a few changes that have been problematic for PVM'ers but it hasn't been something that a PVP'er has requested, I can assure you.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every serious pvper knows siege pvp is a joke, 90% of the people that play there are either stealth mystics or stealth tamers. They use pets to win their battles and when it doesn't work they smoke bomb and stealth away.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably has something to do with the so called real PvPrs won't PvP without their insurance and blessed items......You know no risk PvP.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege sounds great in theory but heres my beef with it.
1. AOS did not have siege in mind when being implemented.
2. Too many stealthers.
3. In addition theres a ton of stealth tamers decked out in uber AOS gear because with stealth there is little fear of losing it and they feast on non decked out more difficult to play templates.
4. With only one account and one character its not really feasible to make a detect character(which still will never kill a stealther determined to run)
5. Despite what anyone says siege has a very empty feel due to stealthers and lack of players.
6. Despite being a non insurance non trammel AOS shard the whole AOS system was designed around insurance so imbalances are everywhere.
7. If siege was a pre ren shard things like one character per account etc could definitely be overlooked.

I don't begrudge Siege players but its just a flawed shard in too many ways

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no one on Siege dressed out in uber AOS gear, you clearly haven't logged in, in a while. :)

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think a faction dungeon that drops nothing character bound legendaries and Artie's giving anyone who goes into it max luck would spice things up.. pvpers would just be a pvp zone pvmers can just stay farming the abyss pvpers are not making crazy money cause they can't sell their loot. Just store it for future use...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to play siege quite a bit between 2000/2001 (I know it was pre-aos & before powerscrolls) to around 2008, I pvp'd more on my T-hunter-thief than my actual "pvp" templates though... I used to Steal bandaids/Mandrake roots and chase people down spamming lightening from a Wand (when you could use charged weapons & move at the same time lol)... those were the days, it wasn't very challenging though, at least not compared to production shards.

Honestly, Siege pvp died down a Ton when people became ejected from their houses for flagging first.
That's just how most people pvp'd on siege.... right next to a house they could run into if they thought they were going to die.

The next change that I remember effecting pvp negatively on siege would be the introduction of Greater Dragons, That & Faction Artifacts caused almost every player to take up taming, hiding & stealth and throwing or archery.

You get one blessed item on siege.
Tamers get one blessed item + a strong "bonded" pet.

Pet revamp causes most pets to be so strong & effective, you're basically penalized in both Pvp & Pvm by not taking up taming on siege.
It's not surprising that production-pvpers wouldn't want to play there for that reason alone, not to mention the other restrictions like 1 character slot per account, no insurance, no recall/sacred journey etc.

If more people were actually playing siege there would probably be more outrage against the pet revamp... but then again, without insurance a lot of the pvm content on siege might actually be difficult without a group of people lol.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Probably has something to do with the so called real PvPrs won't PvP without their insurance and blessed items......You know no risk PvP.
Says a player that runs away from a fight before a fight even proposes itself...

Staring in the mirror chanting boogey man, boogey man, boogey man then cutting off the lights doesn't make you anymore of an risk taker than running at the first sight of another human being on Siege. I'm just saying...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not surprising that production-pvpers wouldn't want to play there for that reason alone, not to mention the other restrictions like 1 character slot per account, no insurance, no recall/sacred journey etc.
And if all of those things were available on Siege what would really make it different than any other prodo shard?

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Siege sounds great in theory but heres my beef with it.
1. AOS did not have siege in mind when being implemented.
2. Too many stealthers.
3. In addition theres a ton of stealth tamers decked out in uber AOS gear because with stealth there is little fear of losing it and they feast on non decked out more difficult to play templates.
4. With only one account and one character its not really feasible to make a detect character(which still will never kill a stealther determined to run)
5. Despite what anyone says siege has a very empty feel due to stealthers and lack of players.
6. Despite being a non insurance non trammel AOS shard the whole AOS system was designed around insurance so imbalances are everywhere.
7. If siege was a pre ren shard things like one character per account etc could definitely be overlooked.

I don't begrudge Siege players but its just a flawed shard in too many ways
I agree with u.

The best explanation about the problem on Siege Perilous is one I heard a long time ago here on Stratics, the guy said that unfortunately, with all the changes implemented all this years on real UO(SDI/DCI/HCI blablabla), looks like Siege isn't playing UO how it was meant to be, and for that specifc reason, a Prodo shard is better on a PvP scenario because insurance will incite pvp since u wont have to farm like crazy once u manage to have ur suit.

Well it's my point of view, even then, if I remember correctly, when AOS came out lots of ppl still played here a LOT, even with the new item system being introduced to the game. For that specifc reason(just talking about pvp-item system, wich goes hand in hand) I can be wrong.

To end my point I would like to state that a felucca ruleset shard WITH insurance would be a nice shard to play on OSI.

(I play on Siege)

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No transfers & No Trammel.
Well it's debatable on whether we actually have a Felucca or not. The devs refuse to comment when some of us question the actual existence of the mythical 1000 luck bonus that we never see here.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do fall in the camp that there should be 3-5 Siege blessed items and that since the addition of portals, tele tiles and gating off ship runes that the recall and SJ restriction is somewhat pointless. Although there would need to be a delay in recall and SJ and recall be interuptable so they could not be used as a easy combat escape.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The no transfers Yes. The no Trammel debatable as even prodo fel is really tram with via the insurance and no real risk except to ones ego.
No, Insurance doesn't equal Trammel. Being in an area where players can't kill each other = Trammel...

Fel was popular even after Trammel came out... hence why Siege was appealing back in the day, especially before AoS' Itemization.
Insurance allows people to play different builds without being unnecessarily penalized like siege does giving tamers advantages as I said in my first post.

Now that pets can be scrolled up and leveled to be damn near unkillable as well as having harder-hitting offense than players can, what's the point in playing anything else on siege?

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, Insurance doesn't equal Trammel. Being in an area where players can kill each other = Trammel...

Fel was popular even after Trammel came out... hence why Siege was appealing back in the day, especially before AoS' Itemization.
Insurance allows people to play different builds without being unnecessarily penalized like siege does giving tamers advantages as I said in my first post.

Now that pets can be scrolled up and leveled to be damn near unkillable as well as having harder-hitting offense than players can, what's the point in playing anything else on siege?
From what I have read pets will soon be made nearly useless in PvP even GDs so that should not be much of a issue soon enough.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have no risk of losing anything via blessings and insurance, I just can't see how it gets anymore Trammie than that :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will still be quite strong in pvp after the next patch. That how ridiculously overpowered they are at the moment.
Just because you didn't want to adapt or could not figure it out does not mean they are OP.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Nope because the same handful of people that always cry until they get what they want to maintain the status quo cried once again until they got what they wanted.
No it is because we were able to explain logically why the pets are overpowered. The devs can see the reasoning behind it. Ppl like you just complain about pvpers because they stole your lunch money 2 decades ago

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I have read pets will soon be made nearly useless in PvP even GDs so that should not be much of a issue soon enough.
you mean by what the news letter says? It's not going to make tamers anywhere near useless. They simply won't be as overpowered.

Greater Dragons shouldn't be the issue on siege anymore, because pets that are able to be "leveled" become Much stronger than greater dragons both in terms of Defense AND Offense.
The only thing most greater dragons would have over other pets is Slightly higher fire resist & perhaps more HP... everything else is lacking.
Not being able to ride greater dragons is the other thing that makes them far less useful.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it is because we were able to explain logically why the pets are overpowered. The devs can see the reasoning behind it. Ppl like you just complain about pvpers because they stole your lunch money 2 decades ago
They did? I must have missed that since back then I was one of them stealing other folks lunch money, atleast up until the age of stuff when PvP lost all meaning and became item based. All but a few pets after the revamp we easily defeated but it meant you had to change templates and tactics a bit. You guys are getting what you want and it is not going to impact the vast majority of the population or at least from what they say will not. PvP will still be as broken as ever and the old arguments about it can resume.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A week is not enough to learn to know the community of Siege.
Second, Siege is not balanced for PvP. It take to long time and cost to much to replace PvP gear.
Back before AoS, you only har to find a vendor and buy a new suit, you could PvP in GM gear and it would not cost much. There was maybe 3 kind of suit, Mage, Archer and warrior, easy to stock on vendor.

Now each PvP'er want a special suit, that fit the rest of his template. Stocking PvP suits are almost impossible as my vendor will eat all my profit before the suit find the right owner.

I had seen many PvP'ers start on Siege but only the most hardcore make it there.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have no risk of losing anything via blessings and insurance, I just can't see how it gets anymore Trammie than that :)
I understand your view on it, but if it were how the majorty felt about it, Siege would be the most popular shard in UO... wouldn't it?

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would just like to say I don't like the RoT system on Siege. If it were to be removed, I would be playing there

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your view on it, but if it were how the majorty felt about it, Siege would be the most popular shard in UO... wouldn't it?
It would be, thus my belief that 5 blessed items and recall and SJ should be allowed. A base suit could be kept leaving far less to replace and getting back into what interest PvPs the most.... the fight. Having to hub, portal or keep enough mage to jewel up to gate is a PITA so recall at this point in history make sense as long as there are some delays on those methods of travel. I would also add that those blessed items should have a 10k per piece cost to bless that transfers to the PK or PvP that makes the kill and is deducted just like insurance on Monster kills. THe PvP making the kill can loot the non blessed items and pull a worthwhile 50k in gold as reward for their effort. There are a lot of things that made sense 15+ years ago on Siege that simply are obsolete and hurt the shard overall now.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just like to say I don't like the RoT system on Siege. If it were to be removed, I would be playing there
Once you figure ROT gains out it is easy. Part of the reason Tamers are so popular on Siege is they are easy to 120 on the rot. Even combat skills with SOTs, SOAs and the Rot don't take long to 120. Its not like the old days where you were capped on how much you could gain in a day.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
active members of Siege
Ill just reply to this even though @cobb is ripe for the picking here.

From the amount of players on LS that have no clue about what we are talking about when we mention Stratics or The Forums, I would guess all shards are the same.

So, hopefully you will find what you are looking for on Siege.

Glad you are trying to play.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

So you´ve spent a couple of days on a server, showed up to one announced event and you now know everything about it? Yup, sounds believable.

Did you happen to take some screenshots from the event to show how you destroyed them all? If so, please share some here.
Make sure to include the taskbar. You know, for date verification...

Sounds fair. As long as the cheaters are left out as well.
So you can supply the names of the Siege PvMers to the devs and I can supply the names of those who use illegal programs.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
So you´ve spent a couple of days on a server, showed up to one announced event and you now know everything about it? Yup, sounds believable.

Did you happen to take some screenshots from the event to show how you destroyed them all? If so, please share some here.
Make sure to include the taskbar. You know, for date verification...

Sounds fair. As long as the cheaters are left out as well.
So you can supply the names of the Siege PvMers to the devs and I can supply the names of those who use illegal programs.
It was due time for the typical PVMer that doesn't understand game mechanics to call hacks. Hacks like UOAssist.... SMH.

And no, why would I screenshot Siege players that died 6 vs 1...

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Siege is a shard for RPers. If they blacklist you they will not sell to you.

The server was great When AOS came out everyone was farming and stock piling armor. Enhancing armor. The grind catches up to a pvper after a few months especially if there is competition. I would love to see some incentive for pvpers to come play and participate there

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was due time for the typical PVMer that doesn't understand game mechanics to call hacks. Hacks like UOAssist.... SMH.

And no, why would I screenshot Siege players that died 6 vs 1...
Who said anything about hacks? As far as your understanding of game mechanics BFD UO has very simple game mechanics that anyone can figure out in less than a week, this ain't exactly a rocket science game.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Who said anything about hacks? As far as your understanding of game mechanics BFD UO has very simple game mechanics that anyone can figure out in less than a week, this ain't exactly a rocket science game.
Seems that your BFD is to avoid any confrontation.... Other than on forums that is... Sounds about right.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems that your BFD is to avoid any confrontation.... Other than on forums that is... Sounds about right.
I have had enough PvP IRL where it counts. Don't need to do it in a game to feel like I accomplished something major, where it means so much as fart gas. You apply the mechanics of the game in your way and I apply them in mine but to keep repeating basically no one outside of PvP and more specifically you can understand the game mechanics is just foolish. Just because the vast majority of people find no joy in exploiting the game mechanics in the same way you do in no way makes anyone less knowledgable than you.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I'll admit it everyone knew you only been on the shard for only a week, and wanted to make your first time pvping on Siege very special, and make you feel uber that they all decided to fall dead at your feet. yup sure looks like it worked

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hellos Aeyko,

I totally agree with you regarding listening to the voice of PvPers pertaining to PvP relating content. Production shards is where most PvP occur, and the voice from those communities should have more weight. I can't speak for all of Siege, since I only been back for two weeks, but comparing PvP on Siege vs PvP on production shards seems a bit impractical. Gameplay is much different on Siege, not better or worse, just different. Most have had to adapt to a different style of gameplay due to 1 toon slot, no insur, etc... With these challenges, the normal gameplay/PvM/PvP will change in time to adapt to the environment the player is surrounded by. PvP on Siege became less and less about combat and more about survival. A mindset of combat and a mindset of survival are two different thoughts that effect PvP. Productioin PvP include high level perfect suits made just for that toon with those set skills/items purely for combat. The evolution of PvP on both production and Siege started to split more and more due to AoS and other factors... So it is really is not fair to compare the two. Sure we have people say Siege has the best PvP, but what shard doesn't boost their home turf? Just like Atlantic has the spammers and grievers, we do too, so please don't take every Siege player's opinion with too much salt. They do not speak for the majority... Most have not had the longevity on Siege to experience all the successes and hardships.

I am not attacking or defending either side, just an opinion/thought from a player who plays Siege(main), Mugen(vacation shard), Napa Valley (2nd), and Atlantic(vacation shard) for years and years, and a couple breaks here and there... And also I am not doubting your PvP skills. I only been back a couple weeks and I have already heard of your prowess on the battlefield, not just on the Stratics boards. If you desired to start Siege as a second home, I truly welcome your arrival. I do miss all the fights that use to fill the lands of Sosaria on Siege. Heck, I might even retrain and jump back into the PvP scene... I was quite good at PvP in my teens. :rolleyes:

I only speak because I believe most players forgot what Siege Perilous was created as... (before Soul stones) It was never meant to be a PvP only shard.

Siege Perilous Lore:

"Prepare yourselves brave travelers, for Siege Perilous truly will test your skills as a player. Aggressors who chose to alienate themselves from their fellow adventurers will find quickly it is a struggle to simply survive. Only those who can master the arts of teamwork, communication and trade, as well as combat, will prosper in this challenging world.

The true path to success on Siege Perilous is through making allies. As one cannot possibly have all of the skills necessary to obtain every resource essential to survival, setting up trade agreements with other players will often offer the best chance of prosperity. Those who shoot first and ask questions later could quickly find themselves alone and lacking in supplies."

Thanks for listening, or reading... :heart:

Last edited:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hellos Aeyko,

I totally agree with you regarding listening to the voice of PvPers pertaining to PvP relating content. Production shards is where most PvP occur, and the voice from those communities should have more weight. I can't speak for all of Siege, since I only been back for two weeks, but comparing PvP on Siege vs PvP on production shards seems a bit impractical. Gameplay is much different on Siege, not better or worse, just different. Most have had to adapt to a different style of gameplay due to 1 toon slot, no insur, etc... With these challenges, the normal gameplay/PvM/PvP will change in time to adapt to the environment the player is surrounded by. PvP on Siege became less and less about combat and more about survival. A mindset of combat and a mindset of survival are two different thoughts that effect PvP. Productioin PvP include high level perfect suits made just for that toon with those set skills/items purely for combat. The evolution of PvP on both production and Siege started to split more and more due to AoS and other factors... So it is really is not fair to compare the two. Sure we have people say Siege has the best PvP, but what shard doesn't boost their home turf? Just like Atlantic has the spammers and grievers, we do too, so please don't take every Siege player's opinion with too much salt. They do not speak for the majority... Most have not had the longevity on Siege to experience all the successes and hardships.

I am not attacking or defending either side, just an opinion/thought from a player who plays Siege(main), Mugen(vacation shard), Napa Valley (2nd), and Atlantic(vacation shard) for years and years, and a couple breaks here and there... And also I am not doubting your PvP skills. I only been back a couple weeks and I have already heard of your prowess on the battlefield, not just on the Stratics boards. If you desired to start Siege as a second home, I truly welcome your arrival. I do miss all the fights that use to fill the lands of Sosaria on Siege. Heck, I might even retrain and jump back into the PvP scene... I was quite good at PvP in my teens. :rolleyes:

I only speak because I believe most players forgot what Siege Perilous was created as... (before Soul stones) It was never meant to be a PvP only shard.

Siege Perilous Lore:

"Prepare yourselves brave travelers, for Siege Perilous truly will test your skills as a player. Aggressors who chose to alienate themselves from their fellow adventurers will find quickly it is a struggle to simply survive. Only those who can master the arts of teamwork, communication and trade, as well as combat, will prosper in this challenging world.

The true path to success on Siege Perilous is through making allies. As one cannot possibly have all of the skills necessary to obtain every resource essential to survival, setting up trade agreements with other players will often offer the best chance of prosperity. Those who shoot first and ask questions later could quickly find themselves alone and lacking in supplies."

Thanks for listening, or reading... :heart:
Half of pacific moved here before moving to shavowbane and other servers. I was on siege when it opened and it was 100% a pvp pking server.

KGB,tva,DF,OPP all from my home server and all pvp guilds they moved here to get away from trammel.

I was kyrite on napa and calamity on siege

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I pvp on Siege. I even fought you the other day.

I was there when you attacked that group of 4 tamers.
Please keep in mind that none of the people you attacked at that July 4th event are the "vocal Siege "PvPers" " you seem to have such problems with. Also keep in mind that in otder to kill crimson dragons you need to be on a PvM template and have pets that are built for PvM. So yeah, of course it was easy to kill those even when you're outnumbered. Did you hear any complaints by any of them? Any crying? No. You know why? It's because they know they got caught on their PvM templates trying to kill a highend monster and that's that. None of them cryed "nerf!" or "hacks!". Everyone gets caught. And since you need to farm in order to maintain decent suits for PvP everyone has PvM templates (either on soulstones or on a second account), so of course out in the open you will mostly find people who can't compete with your PvP template.

The only people there with pvp templates were me and another alliance member who was on a deathstriker. We couldn't do much - he said he missed his strikes about 80% of the time (bad rng?) and whenever I could do some damage you obviously ran (logical thing to do, not complaining here) and I wasn't able to stay on screen with you because my ping is around 150 on a good day while yours seems to be somewhere below 50 (again, not complaining, just stating facts).

Siege PvP is not what it used to be back in the early 2000s but it is there and it is different.

Keep logging in on Siege and you will get decent fights every now and then.

To those complaining about stealthers: there's a very easy and extremely effective way to counter those and I'm not talking about detect hidden! It's a skill that is viable in PvP and won't screw up your template like detect would. I'll let you figure that one our yourselves though.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#1 Your RL PvP comment is laughable, you clearly do not know my resume. #2 Exploiting game mechanics and playing the game to 100% of it's ability are two different things. Please tell me what I exploit. You're simply weak. There's no way around it. Your weak statement about RL pvp, which again is LAUGHABLE, and your carebear land mentality towards the game. Lastly, a real fighter, knows competition in everything they do.
Max is one of the pvprs I was talking about, but it wasn't my place to mention his or anyone elses name. I find it funny though, that you simply "liked" his reply but chose not to respond, yet you'll continue to have a completely unrelated insult fest with someone else.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I pvp on Siege. I even fought you the other day.

I was there when you attacked that group of 4 tamers.
Please keep in mind that none of the people you attacked at that July 4th event are the "vocal Siege "PvPers" " you seem to have such problems with. Also keep in mind that in otder to kill crimson dragons you need to be on a PvM template and have pets that are built for PvM. So yeah, of course it was easy to kill those even when you're outnumbered. Did you hear any complaints by any of them? Any crying? No. You know why? It's because they know they got caught on their PvM templates trying to kill a highend monster and that's that. None of them cryed "nerf!" or "hacks!". Everyone gets caught. And since you need to farm in order to maintain decent suits for PvP everyone has PvM templates (either on soulstones or on a second account), so of course out in the open you will mostly find people who can't compete with your PvP template.

The only people there with pvp templates were me and another alliance member who was on a deathstriker. We couldn't do much - he said he missed his strikes about 80% of the time (bad rng?) and whenever I could do some damage you obviously ran (logical thing to do, not complaining here) and I wasn't able to stay on screen with you because my ping is around 150 on a good day while yours seems to be somewhere below 50 (again, not complaining, just stating facts).

Siege PvP is not what it used to be back in the early 2000s but it is there and it is different.

Keep logging in on Siege and you will get decent fights every now and then.

To those complaining about stealthers: there's a very easy and extremely effective way to counter those and I'm not talking about detect hidden! It's a skill that is viable in PvP and won't screw up your template like detect would. I'll let you figure that one our yourselves though.
After I killed the one tamer, Snoop, many others had chances, MANY chances to switch to PVP character. What I'm hearing is that with 6 people against 1 person, you guys struggled because you weren't on PVP templates. Is this correct? At one point I was fighting 2 archers, one had mystic (I'm sure this wasn't a PVM'er), a ninja deathstriker, a mystic spellweaver, a stealther tamer and a throwing tamer. Again, tell me again how any of those templates could be SOLELY PVM templates.

Max is one of the pvprs I was talking about, but it wasn't my place to mention his or anyone elses name. I find it funny though, that you simply "liked" his reply but chose not to respond, yet you'll continue to have a completely unrelated insult fest with someone else.
Sorry I didn't have time to respond to every single post before leaving for my office. If you're implying that Max is a PVP'er, and I'm somehow "afraid" of this guy. Maybe you should ask him, just how afraid I was of him with 5 other people at his side. If in some twisted world you believe this or any other Siege player will beat me or intimidate me... I welcome you to line them up in front of me. I'll gladly fight anyone 1v1 ANYTIME.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One bola and this thread would have not been made.

This reads of a person who expected people prepared to fight and was shocked to see it was not true. Sounds like Siege has just become another large guild, no reason to prepare to defend yourself if everyone is on the same page. I don't know if this is true but if he was fighting 6 people and it sounded like at least 3(archer *2 or thrower) of them should have been able to dismount thus ending the fight but it didn't happen one really has to ask why?

PvM temps are a jokey excuse, didn't want to lose your stuff and didn't have a heavy to dismount, lame.

Where did that video go, I logged into my phone to watch(stupid firewall at the office) and it's gone, WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.