• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege, PVP and PVP DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
One bola and this thread would have not been made.

This reads of a person who expected people prepared to fight and was shocked to see it was not true. Sounds like Siege has just become another large guild, no reason to prepare to defend yourself if everyone is on the same page. I don't know if this is true but if he was fighting 6 people and it sounded like at least 3(archer *2 or thrower) of them should have been able to dismount thus ending the fight but it didn't happen one really has to ask why?

PvM temps are a jokey excuse, didn't want to lose your stuff and didn't have a heavy to dismount, lame.
I was dismounted multiple times during that fight. The throwing tamer with his pet dismounted me twice out of position from his group. I was hoping for more of a PVP community judging by the Stratics presence I kept seeing in PVP threads from Siege players... It was a HUGE let down, to say the least.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if I could get my +30 stats and 120s I needed...(either costs a lot of ATL gold or time on Siege)....how long does it take to work a char on Siege?

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
if I could get my +30 stats and 120s I needed...(either costs a lot of ATL gold or time on Siege)....how long does it take to work a char on Siege?
Scrolls and everything cost me roughly 40m Siege gold. Training isn't horrible there but it is tedious.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1 Your RL PvP comment is laughable, you clearly do not know my resume. #2 Exploiting game mechanics and playing the game to 100% of it's ability are two different things. Please tell me what I exploit. You're simply weak. There's no way around it. Your weak statement about RL pvp, which again is LAUGHABLE, and your carebear land mentality towards the game. Lastly, a real fighter, knows competition in everything they do.
I am going to ignore #1 as you clearly don't know my resume a few here do though and are already having a good laugh at your comment about me being weak, given the number of FB Pms I had this morning telling me I need to look at your post for my morning laugh :) Exploit is what we all do, we find something that works and exploit it. A miner finds a Val deposit and exploits it until it runs dry for example. I exploit the game mechanics to get 100% effectiveness from my play style, you exploit the game mechanics to get 100% out of yours. Nothing wrong with either or exploiting the system within the legal limits and TOS. I don't know if you take your exploits beyond the legal limits or not and really don't care as you will never impact my game one way or another. And seriously what kind of idiot is going to stand there with high end stuff farmed up and let a guy like you kill them and loot it, when you can Survive, Evade, Escape and Return and in the end WIN by getting the loot home LOL, yes by exploiting the game mechanics to their full legal potential.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've read a lot of comments on many PVP discussion threads that have involved active members of Siege being outspoken and down right aggressive for changes to PVP.

All of that aggressive and passionate talk drew my interest so I made a character there. Invested my time and money in building a suit, scrolls, etc. Only to find groups of what I consider to be trammy type players with pets or stealth. So here I ask, if Siege players are so outspoken on PVP topics, why am I not finding people on Siege that are capable of PVP at a higher level? Why do I single-handily dismantle a group of 6 players while I am fighting there on an unfinished character? Why is this community so outspoken on PVP? Allow me to answer this. This community does not like PVP. As a matter of fact, they HATE pvp and they ally every trammy guild to fight a single player that pvps. I have witnessed this in my one weeks time there. As I found myself fighting 10 or more players from multiple guilds at the 4th of July event. A community so outspoken to weaken... You guessed it, PVPERS. They wish to make pets stronger and players weaker. Why? Well, so they can say all kill and run away (I've literally watched this happen). Stop catering to this nonsense... PLEASE.

I make this thread to point out and bring attention to @Mesanna @Bleak to please keep this in mind when listening to the "voice" of pvp by the "pvpers"... If you want to breathe new life into this area of the game, I'd strongly consider assembling a team of players that actually pvp (AT A HIGH LEVEL) to help with production changes geared towards PVP as well as to help you when you implement changes to prevent changes that will likely be abused in PVP IE: Holy fister nerf, Tamings latest fubar, Archery nerf etc. Doing this will allow for fewer "exploits" in PVP as well as added interest from the majority of players that actually wish to educate themselves in the game and play at a high level.

Just food for thought guys.

Let's make UO PVP Great Again!
Pvp has been dead on siege for ages. There's a handful of reds who are long time players who cycle in and out, and some "friendly" stuff, but that's about it. Occasionally a group will come in and run all over everyone (either being ***** about it or not) then they get bored and leave. Just a symptom of population decline I wager. Also I don't think playing siege has anything to do with those who were vocal against the taming nerf/ps in tram or whatever. I'm a siege pvm only (tamer at that), and I was for the nerf and am against scrolls in tram. I think it's just personal preference.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im finished with this thread, people who should be responding aren't, and people who shouldnt be are, I'm probably one of the latter.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Im finished with this thread, people who should be responding aren't, and people who shouldnt be are, I'm probably one of the latter.
You could just tag them in this. Maybe they will respond if they are tagged, I don't know.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thread has been cleaned up and some warnings were issued, upon further review this thread will remain locked... the main topic itself is very detrimental to the Stratics community especially towards Siege players. Pet PvP balancing changes were already mentioned in the recent newsletter (UO Newsletter) and more information will follow. Thanks for your understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.