• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Ladies Night 2007 - *updated Jan. 21*

K

Kimi_Mori

<blockquote><hr>

Too bad the the boots and gloves can't be pink!

[/ QUOTE ]

well fur boots can be made from pink cloth

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ladies...I think there are several of the males out there we need to teach a lesson to. Let this be one night we band together..friend and foe alike to show them just how strong we are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! Girl power FTW! (Even if some of it is guy operated pixel girl power
)

As for Savannah's question about pets: I haven't finalized activities or the event route, but I think it is highly likely we will be covering some distance. So at this point, I would encourage every lady who plans to attend, to consider bringing the fashionable mount of her choice. Pink, red, white, hero, and shadow colored doggies, and "daft" and "daft-ish" colored hiryus are a definite fashion plus for this event, as are faction warhorses. Pink, valorite, and shadow colored ostards, pale gray horses, as well as regular blue beetles will also coordinate well with our cotton candy ensembles, and of course, nightmares, and unicorns are always a good fashion choice. I think pets which are not functional as mounts are better left at home, as we don't want hulking rune beetles, and dragons/wyrms to muss outfits, and possibly step on delicate toes while we are traveling, but I suppose that any lady who thinks a beloved pet might suffer from separation anxiety, may choose to carry a pet crystal ball in case her pet requires the reassuring comfort of her presence at some point

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was thinking along the lines of the plain white shirt, no sleeves, pants, thigh boots, scull cap and gloves. Too bad the the boots and gloves can't be pink!

I wish there was something I could do to contribute to the project...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you want leather gloves, we can dye them in a shade of agapite pink using a leather dye tub (plate &amp; ringmail gloves can be fashioned in pale pink using agapite ingots). And I think we can dye your thigh boots some version of pink with a regular dye tub. The pinks won't match exactly, but I'll see what I can come up with.

-Skylark

S

SavannahSP

Aye, no beetles!! Beetles are ugly and dragons are cumbersome.

Now I need to go pick out a pretty unicorn to call my very own... always been a traditional pure-mare girl, don't like the doggies or beetles etc. I think I have an ethy unicorn but the silvery-white kind would look better, and I probably have time to bond it.

*excited*

-Sav.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Yay! Do the best ya can!

Oh and my ossie is kind of grey/blue, but I was wanting to look for a frenzied for a mount so may keep that in mind, colorwise.

S

SavannahSP

They have pink-y ones too, right? I think they're forest ossies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't worry, your blood will be plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I better grap a few cure pots and orange leaves too

I

imported_Luka Melehan

I know I have seen a screenie showing all the colors but now I can't find it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They have pink-y ones too, right? I think they're forest ossies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! There is a very dark pink variety of forest ostard.

Right now, Sat. Jan. 27th @6:30 p.m. EST is the favored time according to the poll for the event, with Sun. Jan. 28th @2:00 p.m. as the 2nd. So, regardless of which day it ends up being, everyone should have time to bond a new mount if necessary, if they stable it by this weekend.

-Skylark

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

I know I have seen a screenie showing all the colors but now I can't find it.

[/ QUOTE ]Hehe... NEVER challenge me directly or indirectly to find something on the internet ... I will die or get fired trying...

This is an excellent site, it's Japanese but parts of it are translated. This is where most people rip off their color charts, I think it's where I took the warhorse pics from.

http://vm.or.tp/v/631/a3fore.htm

Not sure how they feel about external links to their pics, so I photobucketed it. Lesser of two evils, I guess. "This photo is used for educational purposes only and will not be resold in any way shape or form. This photo is the property of the abovelinked site and not my own. All artwork is the intellectual property of EA." There, I feel better.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I was thinking along the lines of the plain white shirt, no sleeves, pants, thigh boots, scull cap and gloves. Too bad the the boots and gloves can't be pink!

I wish there was something I could do to contribute to the project...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you want leather gloves, we can dye them in a shade of agapite pink using a leather dye tub (plate &amp; ringmail gloves can be fashioned in pale pink using agapite ingots). And I think we can dye your thigh boots some version of pink with a regular dye tub. The pinks won't match exactly, but I'll see what I can come up with.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]
If somebody has a bugged dye tub, created by selling a leather tub to a tailor, then buying it back, that can be used to dye boots in agapite pink. On the other hand, I guess it may not be possible to make such a thing on Siege.

S

SavannahSP

Two things...

1 - Not allowed to post bugs here, I am fairly certain.

2 - Can't sell anything to NPCs on Siege.

I like the bright, blow-yer-eyes out HOT pink you can get with a regular ole 20gp dye tub. But I'm a bit old-fashioned and rather suspicious of these other kinds of dye tubs. Rune dye tubs, indeed. *hmph* Don't even get me started on the vet-reward dye tubs... oh good lord...

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Thanks!

I'll be out of town til Friday, so hopefully Saturday I will remember to go after one and get it bonded.

Ya know...there ought to be cloth gloves...long ones.

S

SavannahSP

Not too much in the way of "girly clothes," you're right. I absolutely detest the "fancy dress" style and much prefer the "plain dress." Haven't played around much with the Tokuno stuff... but I am honestly not much of a fashion plate. If I've got a robe and some kind of shoes on, I'm dressed to party.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not too much in the way of "girly clothes," you're right. I absolutely detest the "fancy dress" style and much prefer the "plain dress."

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, don't get you started on dye tubs? Don't get me started on UO fashion shortcomings!

As for the fancy dress, I echo your sentiments. They really botched the neckline IMO, and the overdress/underskirt might have looked REALLY nice if they had made it more pouffy like there was a crinoline beneath and formal length where your UO Payless shoes aren't showing with your ankles below like you are expecting a flood or something!

I just wish my Subishi dress were not a fancy dress. It stays in a trunk in my house because although it is special to me, having been a gift, I don't really care for the look of it.

-Skylark

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

If somebody has a bugged dye tub, created by selling a leather tub to a tailor, then buying it back, that can be used to dye boots in agapite pink.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I just being stupid, or can you not just make boots from leather in the first place?

G

They are made of leather but leather dye tub won't let you dye it, only normal and special dye tub will

S

SavannahSP

... which really sucks because you can't dye them to match your leather armour, and dyed boots look dumb IMO ... this is probably the single game mechanic that caused me to give up on being a fashionista in UO. *sighs*

(that and those silly tubs, grrr)

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To: Lady Skylark and SLNW07 Committee Chairs

Re: Female Clothing

Long ago, my sister Ariana purchased a Woodland Chest from the Crafter Blind Otto. This clothing, when wornd by a female, looks like a Halter Top and is very stunning; exposing the back, and accentuating the cleavage, aiding those without much, to actually look full and robust! hehe....hence the reason that I swiped from her as she would probably lose it!

Unfortunately, Lady Skylark, my sister Falon, cannot figure out how to duplicate this wonderful sample of clothing.....But as Bea will be attending, perhaps she could swipe a few to model for you and the others in charge of costume wear for that evening.

However, this article of clothing can only be worn by elves....and while i would never suggest to someone to change their nature in order to wear this article, those who will be attending and are Elven, may want to vote on that article if given the chance!

With mutual respect,

Naamah
Elven Princess
WAKA

S

SavannahSP

I also wish (as long as we're musing about clothing, this doesn't happen often for me) that the robes would kinda... "cinch in" ...at the waist on ladies. The leather tunics do that, kinda-sorta. I just wish the robes would give a little hint of some "shape." Doesn't need to be overly dangerous curves, just a more feminine silhouette, *sighs*.

Sorry, is this a derail? I try not to derail Skylark as a rule, she's a little scary when she turns on you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also wish (as long as we're musing about clothing, this doesn't happen often for me) that the robes would kinda... "cinch in" ...at the waist on ladies. The leather tunics do that, kinda-sorta. I just wish the robes would give a little hint of some "shape." Doesn't need to be overly dangerous curves, just a more feminine silhouette, *sighs*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but there is a secret to achieving that hourglass silhouette in an ordinarily shapeless lump of a robe. If one is wearing a pure black robe, and a bear hat (preferably in a light color)...presto! Instant figure!

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, is this a derail? I try not to derail Skylark as a rule, she's a little scary when she turns on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

*gasps*

What??!! I share my best fashion tips freely, and this is the thanks I get!

I dare anyone to make the claim that I have ever "turned on them" for a derailing infraction! Really, I dare anyone.

Anyone?

-Skylark

S

SavannahSP

<blockquote><hr>

Really, I dare anyone.
Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]Yikes... *hides*

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

I dare anyone to make the claim that I have ever "turned on them" for a derailing infraction! Really, I dare anyone.

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;----- wow, it worked, brilliant, emotes as linkies for all!

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

*gasps*

What??!! I share my best fashion tips freely, and this is the thanks I get!

Anyone?

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

I could've sworn I'd some attempted derailings go poorly for the derailer. In fact I could've sworn I had the paperwork, all properly filled out and stamped, filed away.

For some reason when I went to check my files they seem to be missing.

Very odd.

You must be right my dear. We all know paperwork never lies, and beauracracies never lose paperwork, it's our lifeblood.

-abs
VP of Thread Derailment, Siege Perilous Dept. of Beauracracy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;----- wow, it worked, brilliant, emotes as linkies for all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft! I said for a DERAILING INFRACTION! You prove nothing! But, now that you have reminded me of my grudge over you being a daft tease, and I have had ample time to think, I believe I have determined a suitable retaliation. However, the time is not yet right, as I think I see a way to combine your doom with a greater purpose. We shall see.

One thing I will note: the official Siege Ladies Night 2007 Planning Committee is emerging. The final roster of this small multi-guild represented committee is pending acceptance from the invitees, but I am confident that those that step up to the challenge will help make this event one to remember for a lot of people.

I am very excited by the good response this event idea has received so far!

-Skylark

G

*pushes thread*

Eep! This thing is heavy!

Main post updated with latest event info. Planning committee is organized, event date/time to be finalized tomorrow.

-Skylark

S

Sloan

Well I couldn't find the old news report I had done 2 years ago. It's lost into the archives of stratics

But I was able to get the images

Have a look at Siege Perilous' Girls Night Out 2005!

G

Are ye going to be providing the umm male entertainment for us again, this go round hmmmm ??

*whistles with all the other ladies in pink &amp; shouts* TAKE IT OFF CASTOR !!!

*gets gp ready to tuck into ye undies as ye dance for us*

G

OK, we have decided on a time - Sunday Jan. 28 @ 2:00 p.m. EST. Main post updated.

Specific event details should be forthcoming after the planning meeting this weekend

-Skylark

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Are ye going to be providing the umm male entertainment for us again,

[/ QUOTE ]

i would not be, who i be, if i didnt do that....

L

LizzyT

Damn.

Does that knock me out of the 'clothed' group again?

=/

I think we should have a RL Meetup with the girlie girlies

I

imported_mo'gluk

well if ya visit the orc fort hope ya see some orcs.... Mo'gluk has tu worship da gods at that time...

G

<blockquote><hr>

well if ya visit the orc fort hope ya see some orcs.... Mo'gluk has tu worship da gods at that time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, I quite understand though, mo'gluk about that priority. I have worship in the morning, and again in the early evening myself, so 2:00 p.m. was the only time I could possibly fit in the event on a Sunday at all.

-Skylark

I

imported_mo'gluk

hehe and if it doesnt shock anyone I am in the lay leadership so I have meetings right before services start ... so my middle part of sunday is usually full...

*imagine an orc preaching to the masses about virtues and living a good life....*

G

<blockquote><hr>

*imagine an orc preaching to the masses about virtues and living a good life....*

[/ QUOTE ]

*imagine a Lay Leader preaching to the congregation about clompin' and breeders!*

Now that is a funny thought, explaining to the church why you need a Sunday off!

G

Heh, I have no problem imagining that.

It was a tough call on the date/time. Saturday at 6:30 p.m. was equally favored, but I went with Sunday afternoon, because not only did that seem to be better for the ladies of the committee, most people do not have to work Sunday afternoons, a lot of churches have morning and early evening services, and it will be less burdensome on the UK/Euro crowd. In the end it was try to allow the most people to participate, knowing no matter what, many would not be able to make it.

But do not worry...we shall hunt you down another time. In the meantime, we need another orcish sacrificial lamb.

*holds out kuukies and cidur*

*calls sweetly*

Oh Ghaz'gull...

-Skylark

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i won't be able to make it either. i have an art show that day. i'm sure you will all have a blast, it's a shame Mo won't be there either.

G

How can it be ladies NIGHT in the afternoon? can it be a Looooooong event perhaps so all have a chance to participate?

G

<blockquote><hr>

How can it be ladies NIGHT in the afternoon? can it be a Looooooong event perhaps so all have a chance to participate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I realize it will be afternoon for some in the "spirit world" - myself included. Blame our planet, and the deep inconsideration of those people that for some reason choose to live on the other side of it. But the good thing is, night comes and goes at its own pace in Sosaria.

I expect the main activities of the event will take at least an hour and a half, (just a guess, as you can't really know for sure when there are so many variables) and basically when those are completed, I suppose it will be "over" when the last person leaves.

I personally will have to bow out around 5 p.m. EST no matter what, as like the orc, I have worship services I cannot miss.

-Skylark

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I love this Nurse persons art work!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "art" [ sig and avatar ] looks vaguely familiar to me.