• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*shakes finger at Hef*

H

Hef

Notice still no mention of how tall he is ... :)

I would say hes under 5'8" with a napolean complex hence the excessive need to go to the gym,weight train,fight, and taunt others

D

Death of Hemp

Evasion is a tactic far from retreat. Ive read the Art of War myself, and I find it funny that many people who like to quote it have not. One of my favorite lessons from my interpretation is quite fitting in this context. It bascially sums down to if you know your enemy and you know yourself, you will fight your battles without danger. That is why we are able to take you out while you have superior numbers. We can predict who is going to play what role based on who TNT has on at a given time. We know which players tend to stray from the pack easily and which ones are going to be the most devasting to the opposing side to lose early.
And if you take, "know your enemy," to heart, then you should know better than to assume I haven't read it.

Since you are so familiar with it, you must know that it is older than the New Testament. Just like the New Testament, it is impossible to quote. We can only quote translated interpretations that are 2000+ years old. Therefore, it is futile to argue over one word in a supposed literal translation.

More importantly, both Webster's and Roget's acknowledge that retreat and evade can be synonomous when used as a verb.

I'll bet I'm one who is considered to stray from the pack easily. Probably because I find challenges fun and consider this to be a game. A game, not an actual irl world war.

H

Hef

What does The Art of War say about waiting for others to flag on you first before u attack back? I am sure KOC read that chapter. :)

F

Førsaken

What does The Art of War say about waiting for others to flag on you first before u attack back? I am sure KOC read that chapter. :)
Says the guy never around at the end of TnT's fail, right? :lol: I seem to remember the last big fight, with you running right back into your West Luna house. :thumbup1:

But good posting man, keep up the good storytime.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're right Hef, 5'11" is pretty damn short, then again I'm 6'4". I guess its all relative.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if you take, "know your enemy," to heart, then you should know better than to assume I haven't read it.

Since you are so familiar with it, you must know that it is older than the New Testament. Just like the New Testament, it is impossible to quote. We can only quote translated interpretations that are 2000+ years old. Therefore, it is futile to argue over one word in a supposed literal translation.
I suppose the fact you chose to post from a google search rather than personal memory or self interpretation led me to that conclusion. Of course Im aware of its origins and its translation discrepencies, the fact that it is likely a collection of many individuals thoughts on warfare and not just those of Sun Tsu is a widely held belief. So the interpretation becomes more difficult yet when looking into the logic of several men rather than just one. But I'll leave it to you to tell me. Born of a culture of Taoist belief of power, virtue, and integrity, do you honestly believe the most referenced guide to strategy and warfare in history litterally meant when your enemy is stronger than you run away?

G

Goron

I suppose the fact you chose to post from a google search rather than personal memory or self interpretation led me to that conclusion. Of course Im aware of its origins and its translation discrepencies, the fact that it is likely a collection of many individuals thoughts on warfare and not just those of Sun Tsu is a widely held belief. So the interpretation becomes more difficult yet when looking into the logic of several men rather than just one. But I'll leave it to you to tell me. Born of a culture of Taoist belief of power, virtue, and integrity, do you honestly believe the most referenced guide to strategy and warfare in history litterally meant when your enemy is stronger than you run away?
lol, scuzz... give it up.
seriously.
I assume you were never in the armed forces?
Lets ask our comrades that are/were:
Are you expected to stand your ground and NEVER EVER EVER EVER give ground under any circumstance? Or should you withdraw when tactically sound?

Scuzz, you should seriously read some non-fiction war books. Try Keegan.
You'll soon come to learn that US soldiers withdraw from battle often.

I am still amazed that you think the US never pulled back/retreated/withdrew at all during the revolutionary war or invasion of normandy... I didn't realize people could be so ill informed of history. Your State needs to increase its education funding.

S

Sweeney

In a feat considered by many historians to be one of his most impressive actions as Commander in Chief, Washington personally directed the withdrawal of his entire remaining army and all their supplies across the East River in one night without discovery by the British or losing a single man.[19]

True this is from Wiki, but it is accurate nonetheless (albeit without the commentary)

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm about 71.5", almost 6 foot tall. Taller than the national average. Try again Hef.

M

Mr X

I didn't know they stacked **** that high. - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coming from Mr X who claimed he is a Muai Thai champion. I bet you got your paper belt from Master Bryce's house of bull****

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't laugh Kat. I never knew they stacked Twinkies and bacon grease that high!

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, scuzz... give it up.
seriously.
I assume you were never in the armed forces?
Six years USMC.

I am still amazed that you think the US never pulled back/retreated/withdrew at all during the revolutionary war or invasion of normandy... I didn't realize people could be so ill informed of history. Your State needs to increase its education funding.
I guess you'd have to quote me where I said they never retreated. Until then maybe you can just continue putting words in my mouth? Retreating was the exception, not the rule. Whereas in the case of TNT it is just that, the rule.

PS. Ironically Keegan never served in the military. I've never actually read his books, but I know he is a well respected military theorist and historian.

G

Goron

Whereas in the case of TNT it is just that, the rule.
well I guess that comment shows your ignorance..
How can koc claim to kill so many TnT if we always turn tail and run? How can I die with two different characters in one fight if I just run?

It would seem to me that you have conflicting reports- one one hand you claim we run every time we see a koc, yet on the other hand you claim to kill so many of us with few losses of your own... if we are running and not fighting how do you get these kills? :gun:

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, please continue to put words in my mouth. I never said you guys run at the sight of KoC. It seems only after you take damage. We are still able to kill someone while they are running because of superior teamwork.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one last LOL for speedy and the rest of KOC. Its a video game, but its obvious your egos really do depend on it.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, because I'm the one googling pictures for the sole purpose of trash talk on a forum. I'm the one who is dependent on this game. Yep, me.

H

HaHa

LOL i can't even respond to Speedy's speedo pictures with the actual reasons he needed to post those pictures cause it'd break ROC. and people say i need help?
Arent you the same guy who threatened someone in game and said you were like 6 ft 5 and 190 lbs? Wheres that old screenshot at Revvo ?

H

HaHa

one last LOL for speedy and the rest of KOC. Its a video game, but its obvious your egos really do depend on it.
Wow, this coming from you? Mr. Freakout at the sight of a gray screen.

... and yes you do need help

H

HaHa

Just had to bump this one so a certain someone could see how lame they looks, lowell

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
who HaHa you? hows wow going on a side note and why did u ever stop sending me links via icq? i wake up and dont even have to worry anymore ! ur slackin