• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Well...

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost to a split decision on Saturday, in a very dumb way. My Jiu Jitsu is very good, wrestling is strong, hands are weak, so I wanted it on the ground. Kept pulling guard, but since I was only getting one leg through they counted as take downs, my own dumb mistake. I'll post a video in a few days but here's the breakdown:

R1: Red Corner(Me) comes out, lands body kick, jab, over hand right. Clinches for double unders, pulls guard. Red Corner elevator sweeps, achieves superior position of mount. Lands 13 punches including opening Black corner's eye. Black corner ebbys, achieves guard, goes for ankle lock, fails ankle lock, red corner lands a downward strike. Round ends.

That's all the reporter has typed up approximately so far. I dominated the first round, and gassed out for the second, even though I swept twice more in the next two rounds and won big on my feet. I pretty much let him take me down 4x so I could work my game, but couldn't finish with a heel hook or arm bar. We did however get fight of the night and my promoter announced how much of a weight deficit I took because I wanted to fight a good opponent and not some scrub, so that made me feel a bit better. I got owned though, and can make no excuse. But to my Boonville buddies, hit me up Nov 22, I'm fighting again(probably a rematch due to the controversy over the loss). I'll try to hook you guys up with a few free tickets.

Round 1 mount: He was almost out at this point, I landed about 10-15 heavy ass shots.

The end, I lost.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and the stats:

Black Corner(Him)
Weight: 186lbs
Height: 71 inches

Red Corner(Me)
Weight: 178lbs
Height: 71 inches

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get the Speedo of the night bonus??

Regardless...a learning experience bro

M

Mogluk

love the shorts..in a manly...orcish sort of way....

better luck next time ended better than my last time.....

M

Mr X

I always thought about doing mma, how much did you get paid for that fight? I would just do it for the money of course.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Better luck next time. It takes a real man...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should get some Muay Thai for your on-the-feet action!

Nice job tho, looks like at the very least you guarded well. Bet you beat him next time!

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I work my stand up quite a bit, but when doing MMA everyone usually floats one way or the other, sadly I went to BJJ, which doesn't help much when you give up so much weight.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I love BJJ, we have a couple of really good schools around here. I really got into Muay Thai, although I don't fight. I wish I had a bit more ground experience.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speedy...I am sorry you lost your match but...pastel shorty shorts in the ring?? No, no, no!

*carefully documents brand new "what not to wear" category*

*edit* eeep! I was so distressed over Speedy's fashion atrocity, I mixed up my homonyms!!

-Skylark

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Speedy...I am sorry you lost your match but...pastel shorty shorts in the ring?? No, no, no!

*carefully documents brand new "what not to where" category*

-Skylark

Folks... You had to know this was coming. *nods*

C

Calibretto

Takes a brave man to just get into the ring. don't forget the first rule of MMA! Don't let it go to the judges.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I didn't realize until late in the third those body kicks I landed made him not want to exchange at all.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice, thanks for the report Speedy!

Just learn from the mistakes and take the loss in a positive way (which you already seem to do :)). Like Kael said, it´s experience gained...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost to a split decision on Saturday, in a very dumb way. My Jiu Jitsu is very good, wrestling is strong, hands are weak, so I wanted it on the ground. Kept pulling guard, but since I was only getting one leg through they counted as take downs, my own dumb mistake. I'll post a video in a few days but here's the breakdown:

R1: Red Corner(Me) comes out, lands body kick, jab, over hand right. Clinches for double unders, pulls guard. Red Corner elevator sweeps, achieves superior position of mount. Lands 13 punches including opening Black corner's eye. Black corner ebbys, achieves guard, goes for ankle lock, fails ankle lock, red corner lands a downward strike. Round ends.

That's all the reporter has typed up approximately so far. I dominated the first round, and gassed out for the second, even though I swept twice more in the next two rounds and won big on my feet. I pretty much let him take me down 4x so I could work my game, but couldn't finish with a heel hook or arm bar. We did however get fight of the night and my promoter announced how much of a weight deficit I took because I wanted to fight a good opponent and not some scrub, so that made me feel a bit better. I got owned though, and can make no excuse. But to my Boonville buddies, hit me up Nov 22, I'm fighting again(probably a rematch due to the controversy over the loss). I'll try to hook you guys up with a few free tickets.

Round 1 mount: He was almost out at this point, I landed about 10-15 heavy ass shots.

The end, I lost.
nice pink shorts!

who wears short shorts, he wears short shorts!