• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scripter Farming Painted Caves on Many Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scenario 1:
So a red char has killed you several times a day for the last 2 weeks. They steal your gold and follow your ghosts to the healer and rez kill you.

Wouldn't you attempt to run away or do anything really the next time that red shows up? or would you just stand in the same spot killing monsters while the red lays the smack down on you?

Scenario 2:
Someone lures Lurg and Grobu and about 4 other Troglodites down into the area where you're fighting? They invise and let all the monsters target you.

Would you just stand in the same spot and die?

These are the same exact events that happen multiple times a day across multiple shards with this obvious scripter. What more proof would you like Sheridan?

I understand your role on these stupid forums, I wish EA took their job as seriously as you do.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Names are irrelevant.... I doubt that anyone who took the time to post in this thread hasn't been to there local

Painted Caves Gold R Us....

and seen the generic names sitting there farming away..... What I would like to see is some action taken. This thread has been viewed nearly 3,000 times and the jury is in...

Guilty.....

I know he's scripting... You know he's scripting.. Heck, even EA know's he's scripting... The only real question left is how over the top do you have to go, while BLATANTLY ATTENDED SCRIPTING before EA will so something?? Apparently 28 characters loggin ~23 hours a day in a stationary position most likely all from some IP in China is currently NOT enough for EA...

Wait for it......

Wait for it....

I didn't really think it would be.... lol Common it's EA. realistically this guy is going to be harassed for as long as this stays front page stratics, but other than that EA wants his money more than they wan't to please the 3,000 who have bothered to read up on this subject.. (lol bc happy or not they know we will still be paying)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I looked at the three chars on Europa on MyUO.

Each of them are in a one-man guild. Two guild names are something random like fsdsd and the third one is named like the character.

They all have the exact same template:

Anatomy 110
Swordsmanship 110
Tactics 110
Resisting Spells 100
Spirit Speak 100
Chivalry 90
Necromancy 80

except for one that has 105 Resist instead of 100.

They all wear the same suit/equipment. The Darkwood set. Which btw seems to be the ultimate scripter suit.

Insane resists, 12 extra HP, 12 HP Regeneration, +10 STR, 30 DCI, 25% Reflect Phys Damage, Night Sight and Self Repair 3. (This is if I got the math right :p)

So a great suit which never needs to be repaired. And it doesn´t seems as if they need to heal themself either cuz on the ones I´ve looted I only found gold and a blacksmith repair deed for the Soul Seeker. No bandages nor necro regs to cast Curse Wepon with. I guess the HPR and Soul Seeker does the trick...

Oh well...

EDIT: Doh, forgot about healing through SS. Sorry...

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes watching these chars can tell they are automated gold farmers.

Here's another scenario from last night;

I believe the script is alerted when a red name enters their screen so I have been taking a blue into the caves in Fel. (They do not react to blues even in Fel, since they are bouncing the same chars between Fel and Tram they probably can't afford to have their script stop every time a blue enters the cave in Tram)

I walk in the cave and as usual there is one char farming on the left and one farming on the right. As I walk in the char on the right is making her run out of the cave to go bank her gold. I let her go and head to the one on the left. My latest strategy is to just disarm the gold farmers and let the monsters kill them. So I disarm the char on the left and even though she no longer has a weapon in her hand she continues to swing away. Of course without her leeching bonuses she quickly dies.

Of course at this point I'm grey and have just had a hand in killing one of the automated bots. As I'm walking towards the cave entrance here comes the 2nd char back from banking her gold. I disarm her right at the cave entrance. Without even stopping to fight me or run out of the cave, she continues along her pre-determined path back to the right side of the cave and begins swinging at the monsters with no weapon in hand. She of course also dies very quickly.

Do these sound like the actions of a live person who is actually playing the game?

I think not.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only real question left is how over the top do you have to go, while BLATANTLY ATTENDED SCRIPTING before EA will so something??
You will be surprised. About a year or so ago, we had a guy scripting barbed kits on every single shard. GMs knew about it (they said so when responding to a page) for over six months and no action was taken. GMs are either way understaffed or completely incompetent at times.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be surprised. About a year or so ago, we had a guy scripting barbed kits on every single shard. GMs knew about it (they said so when responding to a page) for over six months and no action was taken. GMs are either way understaffed or completely incompetent at times.
How about the dude facing the rocks saying "Bank" over and over a couple of days ago when he ran out of chilvary points.
:thumbup:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no faith that these scripters will ever be dealt with.

These are the same exact chars that have been scripting for 3+ years. They were killing ice fiends, efreets and demons for years. I have no doubt that this group is the one that prompted the BoS changes which have hurt all the honest players and apparently haven't stop this gold farmer one bit.

P

packrat

So I disarm the char on the left and even though she no longer has a weapon in her hand she continues to swing away. Of course without her leeching bonuses she quickly dies.
LOL... I would like to have been there to see this happen. I bet it was funny as hell.
Or even the one yelling bank at the rocks :wall:
There are some funny stories on this thread.

S

Sheridan

What more proof would you like Sheridan?

I understand your role on these stupid forums, I wish EA took their job as seriously as you do.
I don't need any proof of anything because I'm not a GM for UO. You folks can continue to debate whether or not the person is scripting until you're blue in the face... but like it or not, it doesn't matter whether they are or not because this isn't the place to report it.

Don't name names or make accusations... that's the crux of our policy. It really is that simple.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You folks can continue to debate whether or not the person is scripting until you're blue in the face... but like it or not, it doesn't matter whether they are or not because this isn't the place to report it.
Actually... I disagree with you on that one....Obviously reporting in the game or via the bug report site doesn't have any effect at all so this is the next best bet. The Dev's read this and it's common knowledge that he who screams loudest and longest on stratics gets his changes through to the Developers... lol

Ps.. yeah yeah yeah.. no names or accusations... we know we know.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't need any proof of anything because I'm not a GM for UO. You folks can continue to debate whether or not the person is scripting until you're blue in the face... but like it or not, it doesn't matter whether they are or not because this isn't the place to report it.

Don't name names or make accusations... that's the crux of our policy. It really is that simple.
I couldnt disagree with you more Sheridan! If this isnt the place to voice our views on scripters, lack of action of the GM's, The ignoring of our GM reviews and general greivances... Then tell me where else can we publically voice to the DEV's that we're unhappy?

Unless of course your saying UO Stratics isnt important or related to UO anymore and that the DEV's dont bother reading our posts?

N

Nenime

Hmm... wait a second...

You did all the math before but the income for this "poor" guy depends on selling all this virtual gold, right? But are there really so many UO-players out there who really buy this masses of gold? On every shard? And this for years?

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brokers tend to buy up the gold I believe, when I actually got the guy to respond and talk to him he admitted to me that he not only scripted but also he did the scripting to get real life money. He lives in Bejing so I only guess that there must be a huge market there....

N

Nenime

Still don't get it :confused:
But even these brokers can turn virtual in real money only by selling it to players, don't they?

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills scripter was on in full force last night. 1 in trammel, shame Lurg wanted a tour of the front of the painted caves :/ 2! in fel all at the same time. I walked in laid the efields, found my dear friend Lurg and took him on a tour with my necro-peacer. ;p Sadly, client #2 has decided he's had enough with our making his farming difficult and tried to pk me. The efields fell and he made it outside with a revenant on him (when did they start crossing server lines?) He killed the revenant but hes grey and can't leave. He did try valiantly to kill a bard , yet the bard won.

All this time client #3 is farming away. I guessed he knew I was coming back for #3 and laid the efields. But lurg was little bugged still attacking client #2 and failed to dispatch #3 before the fields fell. I thought all was lost, but to my surprise client #3 was completely a bot. Banked his gold and came back directly into Lurg's waiting embrace and died. Guess he was too busy rezzing #s 1 and 2 to worry about #3 scripting.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldnt disagree with you more Sheridan! If this isnt the place to voice our views on scripters, lack of action of the GM's, The ignoring of our GM reviews and general greivances... Then tell me where else can we publically voice to the DEV's that we're unhappy?

Unless of course your saying UO Stratics isnt important or related to UO anymore and that the DEV's dont bother reading our posts?
I think (Hope?) Sheridan moreso means this isn't the place to discuss the specifics (like the character names and such).

Honestly though, this thread has done what few have done in this new template (reach page 2) and a dev has not spoken up yet and said "PM me this information." This tells me that this is something that they are not going to do anything about. Perhaps this scripter is just to persistant and clever for them to do anything about or perhaps they just have better things to do right now.

This dead horse has been beaten back to life and if they were or are going to do something about it, it will be done. At this point we all know who is doing what and where they are doing it. That is enough cause for the police to show up rolleyes:

How many pages of complaints about the cleanup rewards did we have before the forums went down? 20 or so? Did they care to change those?

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The really annoying thing is, it dosnt take a general or a brainbox to read though this, go look at those locations and watch for a few moments and realise that it is a script running.

What would it take for a DEV or a GM to actually act on it? 30 mins? an hour tops...

I'm begining to wonder if its general incompetence within the GM halls. *shrugs* Maybe the GM Supervisor I've been waiting for for 3 weeks now to 'fix' my chara's skills so I can actually take part in the faction part of the events and enjoy it will actually get off his fat back side and do something.

But I doubt it, last time he/she just deleted the notes on my character and let it continue all screwed up!

... Actually I'm going to make a new post about that!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this isn't the place to report it.
I tried using the in game paging system, but it just gets stuck at #6.

Guess we should just accept the fact that UO is a pile of garbage game where scripters and other cheaters do whatever they want because the people in charge don't give a rats arse.

A

Ash

Well, I can say since this thread started I have seen the scripters seem to be attending their scripts more, at least on Sonoma. Yesterday I actually saw them both run (one at a time) out of the caves when someone went to fight lurg and he accidentally got loose. ;) Could be they have modified the script to bail out when see Lurg, but since also noticed quicker responses from the scripter to curse at me if I kill all the trogs around them appear that at least we are making them have to pay closer attention. Which makes me smile to make them angry, but then I think it will be harder for GM to judge them as scripters if their response to GMs is improved. Personally I think GMs should recognize that even a script can say "no, I am really here" and find other ways to test for attended macroing. I would be a little creative, help the scripter out give them more gold than they can carry, move the coordinates of their runes (send them 15 tiles away) see if they can adjust to reach bank or entrance to cave, turn them into a chicken see if someone starts freaking out.

As far as paging a GM, I think it is messed up that I can get a GM to have a live conversation with me about a bugged quest item in my pack, but complain about being harassed and all you get is an automated message saying they won't tell you what they find out. I even tried to corner one the other day since they were asking me if there was anything else I needed after getting a bugged item out of my pack, but all i got was a live version of the canned response. :wall:

I just wish a large group of people per shard would organize to all go in there and page at the same time. I think someone would notice if you got half the people that showed at the moonglow rift to show up in one place and all page on a scripter.

And to all you Fel guys that are farming the farmers :thumbup: my stealth archer is being worked as fast as I can to join you.

S

Sheridan

Where in either of my statements did I say anything about not voicing your views? I said that this isn't the place to report suspected scripters or cheaters by name. Big difference.

P

packrat

Are any of you guys on Napa? I would like to go join in on some of that fun. Its been a while since I had fun on UO. Place a few stealth archers outside the caves and send someone inside and when they run out, mow them down.
My guild at one time had over 40 members. Out of those, there are 2 of us left. Even the guild master left the game. A lot had to do with these issues.
And if we keep screaming loud enoug maybe someone at EA will hear us. Keep this thread going.
And the stories I am reading are funny as hell.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be pretty obvious that we would report them in game as standard, it would be useless reporting them here becuase the GM's dont read here and wouldnt give a toss anyway. Telling people this isnt the place to report the issue is treating us with a bit more than contempt when we all know that. That and you didnt say anything about names in your last post, not that I've ever posted someones name anyway.

*shrugs* I've talked to a GM and shown him the scripters anyway. He's aware of it, dunno what/if anything will happen or not.

N

Nenime

Yesterday after reading this tread I've been to Painted Caves both on Tram and Fel here on Drachenfels. On each one there was a char which fits exactly in this description. (They are wearing elven robes over the suit - maybe to disguise, I don't know).
I spoke to them a few phrases, no aswer, lurg did the rest. But they didn't come back. Today they were there again but one with different name. Again, spoke to them but to my surprise they answer with a delay and as a sign of activity one did a few steps. So I left them alone. And I guess this is why the GM's do the same. As long as it runs with semi-attention it's quite difficult to find guilty.

But it is really important that this matter is kept topical. I played another MMORG and they had the same mess running. Even worse, there it was not possible to do it automatically so there were some low-skilled guys running for ore 24/7. As PVP was not possible we chased mob after mob but they were like cockroaches - alway came back. After massive protesting both in forums and with ingame activities the administration took care of them. Now you rarely meet one and when you report, you get an individual answer. So EA/Mystic or whoever, don't say nothing can be done about this.

And as Ash said, now they must pay more attention to their script. If they get annoyed over and over again, maybe there comes a point on which it is not rewarding anymore.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Are any of you guys on Napa? I would like to go join in on some of that fun. Its been a while since I had fun on UO. Place a few stealth archers outside the caves and send someone inside and when they run out, mow them down.
My guild at one time had over 40 members. Out of those, there are 2 of us left. Even the guild master left the game. A lot had to do with these issues.
And if we keep screaming loud enoug maybe someone at EA will hear us. Keep this thread going.
And the stories I am reading are funny as hell.

Some of us on Napa are doing a good job keeping them out of the painted caves.

B

Ben Dover

And as Ash said, now they must pay more attention to their script. If they get annoyed over and over again, maybe there comes a point on which it is not rewarding anymore.
They could care less about their script, or about you paging on them.

First of all if a GM actually got off his fat rump and went down there to watch he could plainly see its a script.

Secondly, with as much publicity as this scripter is getting here, SOMEONE at EA is bound to know about it by now. Either they plan to do nothing about it, or possibly they are trying to work some kind of angle on the guy... though my guess would be the first.

Thirdly, this guy is farming at least 3-5 accounts on EVERY shard. (2 per paint caves both tram and fel and 1 in fandancer dojo) He is pretty much farming gold 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Everytime that I have killed him he has had about 15k gold on his corpse. If you watch his script run, the characters walk into the caves, walk over to their spots start killing.. when they get to a certain weight they walk out, recall away (bank i assume) about 1 min goes by and they recall back in and start all over. Can you imagine how much gold this guy is farming per day?? It takes him about 3 odd minutes per character to get enough gold to recall away with... so he probably recalls with somewhere about 15 - 20 thousand gold. in 3 mins hell even lets say its slow and 5 mins. So if we go with the 15k every 5 mins he is making 180,000 gold per character per hour. 180,000 times 3 accounts (per shard) = 540,000. Multiply that times 28 production shards and its 15,120,000 PER HOUR! Now lets say that he averages 23 hours per day (because of server downs) That is now 347,760,000 gold per day spread across all the shards. Lets assume he is selling his gold for at least 50 cents per million. Thats $173.88 per day!!!!

Now, seeing his potential do you really think that anything short of putting him in jail or him dieing irl is going to stop him??

You can harass this guy until YOUR tired of harassing him, guess what... he will still be there. Have the GM's ban his accounts?? LOL seriously, this guy has 28 shards X 3+ accounts for each shard already. Thats 84 accounts. Do you think losing one or two really bothers him? More than likely they are "trial" accounts anyway. When they get near 15 days old he simply opens another one and hands off his items and gold and lets that one go dead.

Tell me, how many of you can pay some 12-18 year old $20 per day to make you $173per day? I wish I could.

You see, the point is, nothing you ever do to "harass" this guy will ever stop him. Though I admit, I do kill him every time I see him. Poor thing, I have probably cost him maybe $10 so far...... out of what he is making I am sure that does not bother him in the least.

He cares nothing at all about the "real game" of the game. It is only a business opportunity for him, so you can't shame him into stopping either.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with everything you said except for one thing.

347,760,000 gold per day at 50 cents per million is $173.50 a day.

Not nearly as high as your number, but still not bad for essentially doing nothing.

T

Tabbitha

I script. Every day.

I do not script in PvP but I do everything else by script.

Hmm..let's see here..justification: Carpel Tunnel or script. I choose script. Anyone who has a problem with it may plant a wet one on the lower fleshy area. 10+ years of this game, if I hadn't scripted all along, I would likely not be able to even hold a beer in my hand after the 100 bagillion clicks that would have entailed. Screw that!!

'nuff said.
I have bi lateral CTS and I have NEVER scripted and rarely use macros.Your justification doesnt stand !!!!

'NUFF SAID

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this is rather simple...

I can remove this farmer from Drachs several times a day, if others could do that on other shards or even on drachs as well, then he'll loose interest.

You cant say it spoils his enjoyment of the game becuase 1- he's never there, 2 - hes scripting, 3 - hes cheating anyway and 4 - He should react to the situation (Like when I gank him over... and over... and over... and over...)

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rarely post negative things about the game/EA/GMs..

But the current attitude towards cheating ingame is just exceptionally poor. I keep paging on cheaters (the same people that you see selling gold/barbed kits for insanely low RL cash prices) and they just do not get banned. I've paged on a lot of scripters and 90% is still at large.
In my opinion the no. 1 priority in the game should be banning cheaters, rather than events and/or other things. The burning houses in Luna were great. The vine cord were great. But it just touches the tip of the iceberg. This has been going on for years.

In the end it ruins the economy and while a scripter might at first make things better for the average player (lower prices!) in the end it will ruin the economy and just take the fun out of the game. Why should I bother to work a week to get a barbed kit, doing bods, while I can buy one for $1.8 or 2m? Of course I won't bother spending hours doing something with so little value as reward. So instead I'll buy it, spending less time ingame.

Now I dislike WoW on many different levels and think it has more players than the game deserves, but they do take care of cheaters (the Chinese farmers still actually PLAY the game). Sure there's people spamming 'selling gold' but page on them and they get taken care of.
Cheating in WoW actually means you run a risk of getting punished. In UO it means 99.9% of the time, 'np!' or a warning 'Now don't do it again'. Instead of actively having GMs patrol popular script spots. Talking to the players to see if they are actually ingame. Monitoring the time an account has spent ingame (23 hours is just not feasible, even if you share your account with your 7 brothers and sisters). Checking accounts for odd amounts of items (100 barbed kits is highly suspicious so the account needs to be monitored). Banning IP ranges and proxies. Banning CC no's. Checking gold sellers.

Every day when I'm standing in my Luna house I see the same char running by every few hours. I thought this was odd, after seeing him twice, I checked other shards and the same char name keeps running by every few hours. Obviously a char that is used by some infamous websites that monitor vendor stock using scripts. I mean how easy to find a scripter is it? Same name. All shards. Every few hours. The best part is that he drops books, where many dubious items are being sold for RL cash.
Why on earth is he NOT being punished for violating the rules? Either change the rules or act by it.

The fact that nothing happens, to me comes across like 'we don't really care'. I care and so do many other people. It's not like EA needs to build some super new system in order to manage. I remember 8 years ago I was standing ingame as a ghost working off some of my counts. After about 30 mins a GM walked by and asked me if I was actually behind the PC. I was, I told him so, and he wished me a nice day.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well this is rather simple...

I can remove this farmer from Drachs several times a day, if others could do that on other shards or even on drachs as well, then he'll loose interest.
I´m dealing with him several times a day on Europa. Doesn´t take much time to kill him and then I just have to return 20-30 minutes later to kill him again. Only takes a minute or two to do so. Just killed him 3 times in the last hour :thumbup:

If anyone wants to know his chars names on Europa then just PM me and I´ll let U know. Then you will know who to kill and also if you see the chars in other places than the ones named here just post about it and let the community know.

B

Ben Dover

I agree with everything you said except for one thing.

347,760,000 gold per day at 50 cents per million is $173.50 a day.

Not nearly as high as your number, but still not bad for essentially doing nothing.
Wow, Colter, you are absolutely correct. LOL it was 3 am... I guess my brain had stopped functioning for the day! Original post edited.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed. hey scripters have being to justify it for years. but i say, go off and play some instant reward game and leave a game of depth like uo for proper good gamers. Oh and turn off the light when you leave please.
i still live in hope that one day ea will get a grip on it, but maybe not

D

Dragon Slave.

I've been killing them on Napa since this thread started, and have ran into several others who are doing the same thing. This person has atleast 3 characters working Napa. Currently as already posted for the past couple weeks they can be found in painted caves, fan dojo rooms, and in the past I've seen them in Hythloth working over daemons, and have heard of them working ice fiends, and efreets. They also give counts in felucca but I don't really mind. Today they must have checked on their script as i was killing them, and they actually ran some circles and fought back for a few seconds til they realized they were over matched and ran away spamming sacred journey til they got one off.

In tram I just lure the lurg on them, and in the fan dojo room I go back to the back room and get the daemon, and all the dancers that I can and lure them all on to them until they're eventually over matched and die. Funny part is two different times the Daemon looted the corpse, so I worked over the daemon and looted all this persons gold. I suppose these actions of luring can be considered griefing, but i'm gonna continue to do it until this person gets a clue and stops, or EA does something about the script farming. Most likely thing to happen is this person will just find another location to farm and will go unseen until his new spots are discovered.

N

Nenime

Hey, maybe we all get this wrong. Maybe it's a new feature to advertise PVP. Very clever, EA! And as a permanent dweller this guy should be added to the Hunter's Guide Database too.

P

packrat

In tram I just lure the lurg on them, and in the fan dojo room I go back to the back room and get the daemon, and all the dancers that I can and lure them all on to them until they're eventually over matched and die. Funny part is two different times the Daemon looted the corpse, so I worked over the daemon and looted all this persons gold.
Thats funny because i was just in the dojo in Tram with my stealth thief and as I walk on the first turn I see a deamon and 10 fan dancers working that char over. In a matter of seconds I see death. So I waited there a few minutes to see what happens and her body is bones now. I went back and checked and the deamon is still there and some thief placed stealable artifacts in the hall where she comes in. Maybe she got the idea for a few minutes. lol I rather watch scripters die than doing the event, so I recall and look around and hide until i find one or two.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other fun thing to do with the scripter in the dojo is lure the fan dancer she is fighting all the way to the stairs going down to the 2nd level.

The stupid scripter's char will just sit there in war mode doing nothing.

P

packrat

They must have fixed that script, because the one im watching fights the dancers and if she stays a minute without fighting she runs towards the front turns around and comes back with dancers in tow. After she kills that spawn they start respawning again. I watched her do that a few times.

W

Wolfie

Dojo fix.... tame a rune beetle, DONT feed it. Leave it somewhere. Run down to dojo where said scriptor is and hide/invis, wait until they recall out to bank (this way you aren't "luring" because spot is empty)...log out/in and get beetle there and spam a command like crazy. And I'll be damned if that poor beetle doesn't go wild and eats scriptor when they come back in and they never come back. :)

N

Nenime

I have absolutely no idea how this happened but you gotta see this on Drachs:
one of this guys in standing outside the cave and keep spamming "bank-bank-bank" and "sanctum viatas". I opened his paperdoll and... no equipment at all - not suit, no weapon. Man, this must suck :thumbup:

D

Dragon Slave.

Just had a friend say they saw one of these characters banking in Delucia, just thought i'd add that since some people were curious where she was banking at.

B

Barney Rubble

Noticed someone banking every 5 min in del on la too. and as far as i can tell its none stop around the clock. so if you figger the normal load is 15-20k every 5 min for 23 hours a day, so 20k every 5 min is 5.5mill a day just letting a script run,:lame:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm.. lots of good ideas here people, but the whole point for this guy is to make RL cash.... so in an attempt to Foil him what's the worst we can do?

--Ban... ultimately this is the way to go, but his script alerts him in alot of different circumstances so this is nearly impossible

--Kill him.. All good but the most effective thing about this is the time it makes him waste. So is there another way to make him waste time without killing him ?

--I like the idea of denying him spawn somehow or the ability to bank his gold. Currently I don't think his script can deal with bagballs or some other creative ways (herding) etc...

Hmmm.... on a side note.. If anyone is REALLY borred and has a few friends... Efield him and trap him / Disarm him / and set to work with a bunch of MACING weapons.. it's quite possible to break his armor if someone Xheals him. The only escape for this would be loggin out if he's trapped, but with 4-6 people say beating him with wands or some such I know you can break armor. Macing deals 1 point of dmg per swing if I remember right. Imagine if he starts having to replace pieces of his Darkwood set EVERY day... lolol

C

Crack Head Bob

The only problem with dedtroying his armor, it all has self repair

R

RedDaTeef

He usually comes to attention when he is attacked...after awhile. Also I think that is not true anymore about macing breaking armor faster then other weps...thatought it was change awhile back...I could be wrong tho..and if I am thats a good idea!

L

Leana Sidhe

On Baja last night I watched 3 "ladies" come and leave and do their banking too. I was wondering - since I'm there working my lumberjacking/carpentry.... Is it a bad thing if I don't be a "neat" carpenter? Normally, I make a crate and throw everything in there... but perhaps tonight I need to litter the bank?
No.... not litter..... yard sale... it's only 2 corners I noticed them recall to...
:thumbup:
That's it.... Yard Sale at Baja, Delucia Bank...

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently I don't think his script can deal with bagballs
I'm pretty sure his script picks up bagballs. Seen him do it several times. The bot still appeared to be unattended, but it picked up the bagball that was blocking his path.

Status
Not open for further replies.