• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scripter Farming Painted Caves on Many Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Revenant2

On my main shard, I've seen the one who used to work Ice over in Fel now working the fan dancer mojo.

Back when they were working Fel, people from my guild at one point attempted to talk to them instead of killing them. Their english was very bad and the person admitted to being in Asia.

We never see these chars out in the 'real world' game type deal. They don't come around buying power scrolls that you're selling, they don't hang around Luna to chat, they don't stand about in Brit selling anything, and you never see them sporting a guild tag of a known, active guild. These exact chars are always working these gold-gathering points and are never, ever seen doing anything else.

I get the sense that the account is officially owned by someone in asia who is employing people to help them farm gold. The employed people are there primarily to handle getting the char rezzed, set up, etc, and to deal with GMs in such a way that the account is not unattended and is therefore not breaking rules in a GM-verifiable way.

The whole situation is complicated, and it's hard to know what the best course of action is.

P

Prince Caspian

If you don't like a game where you have to click alot, then find another game .
In UO you have to click alot, if you can't handle it, tuff!! 3rd party progs are not answer.
I will kill you everytime I find you macroing Tram or Fel.:D
Any computer or arcade game ever, or ever will be, ultimately boils down to one goal: press the right button at the right time.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep... I agree. I haven't seen his characters doing ANYTHING other than farming those spots. Though that's not surprising bc I had a conversation (if You could call it that) a year ago that went something like this.
---------------------------------
ME: "You speak english ?"

FARMER: "a Little... Me Chinese English bad"

ME: "You Script Gold. Must stop or die."

FARMER: "YES Script job. pls no kill !"

ME: "Script job = BAD. You Die now!" *You are attacking so & so*

FARMER: "Sacred Journey"
-------------------------------------------

Anyway...

05 / 15 / 2008 9:15 AM

Total gold FARMED in last two hours... = 8,000,000 Gold

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ME: "You speak english ?"

FARMER: "a Little... Me Chinese English bad"

ME: "You Script Gold. Must stop or die."

FARMER: "YES Script job. pls no kill !"

ME: "Script job = BAD. You Die now!" *You are attacking so & so*

FARMER: "Sacred Journey"

... :D

J

Joyous2K

Are these scripters or just organized chinese players? I am confused now.

C

Crack Head Bob

That's 2 characters per shard over 14 different shards,

I dont know about other shards, but i see 3 or even 4 sometimes on Baja, 2 different locations in the cave, both Trammel and Felucca

R

RedDaTeef

So, lets say they make 4 mill per hr using 14 accts.

Probably only farm like 20 hrs per day with the banking and the rezzzing and ppl killing em.

So thats 80mil perday. (Im good at math!!!!)

sold for 2$ per mill= 40$perday

they must be lower income asian country... only ones who could think this was good money considering you gotta pay fer accts., computers, electricity, food? (dem gamers get hungry) as well.

Even if it was just one guy would you do it for 40 bucks a day...no way.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, lets say they make 4 mill per hr using 14 accts.

Probably only farm like 20 hrs per day with the banking and the rezzzing and ppl killing em.

So thats 80mil perday. (Im good at math!!!!)

sold for 2$ per mill= 40$perday

they must be lower income asian country... only ones who could think this was good money considering you gotta pay fer accts., computers, electricity, food? (dem gamers get hungry) as well.

Even if it was just one guy would you do it for 40 bucks a day...no way.
isnt 4 mill hour times 20 hours like 80m and times 1.5 near going rate 120 dollars!!!!!

P

packrat

Im with wanderer. His math was a little off. And he claims to be good at math. I am glad he isn't my accountant.

R

RedDaTeef

Right! I was off (rips up accounting degree). My calculations I guess should be 160 per day a little better, even not bad. (I may have to include east blok countries too!)

Considering someones gotta man it 24/7 maybe were back to china money.:cursing:

My apologies for bad math.:lol::lol:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it was only 10 dollars a day...... It's 10 dollars for doing absolutely nothing.

10 dollars a day is almost 4 grand a year..... Again, 4 grand for doing nothing at all.

R

RedDaTeef

Well someone has to sit at a comp and farm all day. I wouldn't call that nothing.

Sounds like a bad job.

J

Joyous2K

Are these scripters or highly organized chinese players? You shouldn't be griefing players. You will start a war with PRC and then we are in a deep water.

S

Starla

They are definitely farming gold in automation. And I think someone is watching over the whole operation, maybe an alarm to let them know someone is around. I used to kill them or steal from them in the past when they were at Dread Spiders. 150k /hour for 23 hours and 3 accounts = 10.35mil per shard per day. For 25 production shards excluding Mugen and Siege = 258.75 mil gold per day!

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read a few of the articles on goldfarming and I'd say that their operation is probably a similar setup. Multiple CPU + split Monitors running as many clients / scripts as the machine can handle with a single person watching over many many instances of UO simultaneously. The scripts do the work and simply alert the "PLAYER" when things go wrong.... (attacked / death / Resonpse to GM required etc...)

Also... for those of you pointing out that $40 / day U.S. isn't hardly anything your forgetting that the going exchange rate with say China is...

1 U.S. Dollar = 7 C.N.Y.

So all of a sudden that $40 U.S. / Day = Equivalent of $280 / Day for them.

Granted the guy actually sitting in the chair for 12 hr shifts doesn't make that, but I was just pointing out the profitablity of the whole thing.

Anyway......

Running total of Gold Farmed since 05 /15 / 2008 7:15 AM =

68,000,000 Gold Farmed lol.. Absurd much?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wish these bots were just removed once and for all. It must be obvious by the hours they're hunting continuously and the similarity in the characters themselves, that this is a big operation. It's great to see some cheats removed, but these guys have been at gold farming for ages, they should have gone long ago.

Wenchy

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sad thing is as long as people buy it they will continue with it.

and while the changes as with the mining/LJ where suppose to stop the scripting , it really just hurt the regular player since as of now the scripters are still at it and the honest players cant compete at all anymore...

Lokk at the ore changes ...how many ingot vendors do you see since the change , who is selling ingots since the change and doesnt script it ?:mad:

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hilariously, I am seeing tons of random people hunting the Painted Caves in Tram Atlantic now, so I haven't seen the scripters there in a while because there's too many people there actually hunting.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The ones on Europa were killed multiple times this night. Both in Fel and Trammel. But 20 minutes after their death they´re back scripting ready to die once more...

Don´t they get the message???

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't they get the message?
Yes indeed they do... it says.....

"Blatant Attended Scripting is ok. Answer the GM's and you will be ok."

Does Death stop em?? not really.... WHY you ask..

Lets take a guess and say they script 20 HRS a day since so many people are out to stop them atm. That's say.... 78 Mill @ 6,600 gp / Death that's something like 11k deaths of insurance farmed in 1 day accross the shards... so of course they are coming back as soon as they can.... The ONLY real penalty for death is the time it takes them to get ressed....which is like 4 minutes...

Script navigate a path from painted caves --> trinsic gate --> luna resser --> equip. up. FARM again...

E

Elbryan Uthador

There is now a Skeletal Dragon in the fan dancer dojo on Napa. Right where one of the scripters used to hunt. Its dancing on a pile of bones named Tammy.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hope that they are spending their time collecting all the account names doing this and that is why it appears nothing is being done. Perhaps even tracking the accounts collecting the gold. Because if they start going one at a time the scripters will just stop and figure out a new plan.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how you stop gold scripters/gold farmers....All creatures spawn with no gold. They start "accumulating" gold after being alive for 1 minute. The rate of accumulation is based on how long the creature has been alive, their fame level, and the number of players they have killed. They don't accumulate gold while they are being attacked.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've taken four counts on my tamer. I have.... oohhh... three more toons that can take counts. I check fel paint caves often. They make it so EASY, bring a friend and efield the door. cake.

::in a tune:: POP! Goes the scripter!

C

Crack Head Bob

There is just one problem with this, and most things to stop scripters.. Its going to hurt normal players

J

J4bber

You know I used to script when I was on EA run shards (have since quit because UO on EA run shards was just boring the heck out of me and is just no fun anymore). I have scripted and will always script (even if I come back).

Now the reason I personally scripted is because who in their right mind is going to train some of these skills without it. Think about training inscription, or tailoring, or blacksmith, or mining. I could keep going...

Some scripters do take it to the extreme and that is their call, but EA has done nothing but make it harder for the regular player to do nothing BUT script if you want to play all aspects of the game.

I know this isn't going to sit well with others but that is just the way it is. Instead of EA constantly worrying about if someone is scripting or not, how about making the game CONTENT better. I mean how many years have the "presents" been the same, how many false starts and crappy 3d clients do we need, Woohoo, yet another invasion.

So come on EA, lets stop worrying about if someone is making a million gold an hour or not, lets make the game more enjoyable. That is the reason I personally left... And I am sure others will agree...

And people, there is NO way to stop scripters without killing the game for the non-scripters. You may say to kill EUO or ezmacros or autothis or auto that. Well guess what, as soon as you do, another way will be found to script it. And if you put in so much garbage into the game (wood and ore changes come to mind) you are just hurting the non-script player (or making them have to script to get anything in the game).

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband and I have four accounts with basically every kind of char and skill in multiples you can imagine and EVERY char was worked without a single script used. We have 3 120 smith/tailors, I have a 120 taming/lore/vet tamer, 2 120 stealthers, 2 GM lockpickers, GM detector, and we have 2 GM inscriptionist let alone all the other skills you can go into that are annoying to work. Yes it took time, but that is part of any game and any template you build. I have yet to see any game where having a maxed out char is intended to be easy and quick. Scripting equates to saying everyone should just be allowed to instantly be GM, or 120, or whatever with no work at all. If all chars were easy to train and took no effort, where would be the reward in working skills at all. To say you were forced to use scripts to work skills is a misrepresentation, you chose to so own up to that at least.

At the same time I will admit there are things in game that I refuse to do because they are so mind numbingly stupid and take so much time to get any results that, yes only scripters do them. I am talking about working to get high end BODs and the quests to get the high end runics in Heartwood. As you can see, I chose not to do them because I see scripts as the only way to have a shot at getting anything and I refuse to use scripts for ANYTHING. Yes I think it is wrong that only scripters have a shot in hell of getting a high end BOD or a heartwood fletcher's kit, but I chose not to use that as an excuse to rationalize cheating myself.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason

Painted Cave Gold Farmer lol

is so annoying is bc the operation so large. It simply bugs me that 1 person has a setup that is making such a large difference in UO... I mean I see various places / brokers offering to sell UO gold at say 2/ mill.... How many sources could these guys have? Realistically.... I see operations like this as their primary source... perhaps the Runic scripters that vendor sell there stuff amount to the same thing bc the excess gold they have can go to a broker for RL cash.... Anyway.... Stratics has always been the best and only place to bring stufff like this to the attention of the develpers...

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband and I have four accounts with basically every kind of char and skill in multiples you can imagine and EVERY char was worked without a single script used. We have 3 120 smith/tailors, I have a 120 taming/lore/vet tamer, 2 120 stealthers, 2 GM lockpickers, GM detector, and we have 2 GM inscriptionist let alone all the other skills you can go into that are annoying to work. Yes it took time, but that is part of any game and any template you build. I have yet to see any game where having a maxed out char is intended to be easy and quick. Scripting equates to saying everyone should just be allowed to instantly be GM, or 120, or whatever with no work at all. If all chars were easy to train and took no effort, where would be the reward in working skills at all. To say you were forced to use scripts to work skills is a misrepresentation, you chose to so own up to that at least.

At the same time I will admit there are things in game that I refuse to do because they are so mind numbingly stupid and take so much time to get any results that, yes only scripters do them. I am talking about working to get high end BODs and the quests to get the high end runics in Heartwood. As you can see, I chose not to do them because I see scripts as the only way to have a shot at getting anything and I refuse to use scripts for ANYTHING. Yes I think it is wrong that only scripters have a shot in hell of getting a high end BOD or a heartwood fletcher's kit, but I chose not to use that as an excuse to rationalize cheating myself.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

totally agree hun

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not on Sonoma, Baja, Napa, or Pacific it hasn't... other than perahps alot more people being aware and "greifing" this person by killing him in fel or simply taking some of "HIS" spawn in tram etc...

128,000,000 Gold Farmed lol.. Absurd much?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theyre too darn persistant. They nerfed the bag of sending to stop them and look how much it hurt good honest players.

:bdh:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it.. as an update apparently

Painted Caves Gold Farmer

is turning over a new leaf. I just checked 3 different shards. (pac, baja, napa) and found him in the Dojo as well as Painted caves Tram.... Keep it up people a little bit more pressure and maybe he won't have any places left to farm.... or at the very least will get what he deserves....

on a side note (and be warned this is quite mean).... Ive lately seen a few example of ZERO tolerance when it comes to speaking of URL's in game, so perhaps someone could ask him which site buys his gold......
lol

= P

L

Lord Kynd

I like to Herd all the dogs & cats in a circle around the scripter so they're out of melee range for the trogs, then just log out there. Heh-heh. :D

We should make a player event of disrupting scripters, heh.. might get some GM attention if it's on multiple shards with news coverage etc.. :rolleyes:
yah and griefing people, whether they cheat or do whatever will still get you banned.
best way to fight cheaters is to not do it yourself, don't support them by buying there wares either, and stop buying there -ebay(or wherever) gold.
all you do is encourage them to do it more.

L

Lord Kynd

Here is how you stop gold scripters/gold farmers....All creatures spawn with no gold. They start "accumulating" gold after being alive for 1 minute. The rate of accumulation is based on how long the creature has been alive, their fame level, and the number of players they have killed. They don't accumulate gold while they are being attacked.

i like this idea , except have the creatures have a 'set' max. for items and gold so people don't somehow herd(skill) them all day to get 10 mil at the end of the day. (thinks mongbat with 10 mil at end of day because it survived all day....)

L

Lord Kynd

That's exactly what most players have done.

The reason why you have to click everything five thousand times is because of the cheaters. It's a double edged sword and either way the honest player gets screwed. Which is why there's nothing left in this game but a bunch of cheaters and their customers.
and soemday you will wake up and relize that new game your playing has more cheats than this one does.

the thing that tweaks me is people seem to think that these new games like WoW don't have cheat's . lol open your eyes, WoW sucks as bad as any other game.

do people not relize that hackers and such are the one's that usually make cheat's ? no not all hacking is evil. lets call it the proper term shall we.. reverse engenering(sp) ... anyhows,as soon as something is released to the public and most of the time even before it hits the public there are hacks/cheats/whatever for it. UO is darned lucky that stuff wasn't mainstream untill somewhat recently.

oh and the more people talk about it the more attention you bring to it, thus also causing more people to try it. :(

everyday i hear more and more people talking about this script or that cheat, it makes me sick to think i do things the hard way all the time, but wonder when i will finally give in and do it also. :(
or quit.

btw have you seen the list for the new grand theft auto? omg i think it has more cheats than any other release...

and once again, since old boards are still trashed, i do not script nor have a need to. but i do understand why people do it.
and i am most certainly not going to risk my account and hard work to grief someone who does.
these people should start paging gm's on you, i bet more action would be done.

(edit) you know i thought about it and will have to admit that i am also a cheater, i play my ps2/Wii/xbox/ps3 and enter code's all the time. but only after i have beaten the game i am playing.
doesn't meen i cheat in all games tho :)
oh well, i paid for my systems and games.

the point is, for the dence people, that sure there might be cheats/scripts for UO but that doesn't meen you HAVE to use them. does it ?

Rocket Dog

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive killed this person for the last 3+ years, posted about them quite a few times but there was never a big interest in it. Mostly people whined that the nerfs would hurt them, I really thought this last one would have worked but the painted caves are so close to an exit and so is the dojo so I guess they found a new home. There is interest by Devs to fix this, I actually saw one point in time where quite a few of them got banned and they are constantly trying to find ways to stop them but it does hurt everyone else.

I actually had a red necro SS ninja stealther fencer on each shard and I would stealth into the fire lvl2 effrets or cove lvl 2 or the other places and just pop out with a disarm and let the monster kill them. Id also prevent the macroer from using the prisim of light dungeon (after the stoped using the pixie swatter) by recalling with one of the changling dogs to an area with wisps and then going into the dungeon. His script would auto attack the dog as a wisp and then I could attack and if he left I would call guards outside and get him wacked. When he was in the prisim deamons he was unkillable though.

Best story about killing him was on 3 different shards I killed him in fire lvl 2 and then pretended to run away but really hid and followed him into the corner where he had a 2nd char as a supplier. The supplier popped out and noble sacrificed, I withered and killed them both. On each of the suppliers for the 3 shards was 2000 powder of trans and over 30 full bags of sending.
After that he always left the dungeon to get ressed on every shard.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not on Sonoma, Baja, Napa, or Pacific it hasn't... other than perahps alot more people being aware and "greifing" this person by killing him in fel or simply taking some of "HIS" spawn in tram etc...

128,000,000 Gold Farmed lol.. Absurd much?
bite your tounge.
i made enough money farming the THIS gold farmer on sonoma that the gold from killing him and selling his bags of sending and powder for years made me enough money that my red was able to buy a Fel Keep.

i STILL have over 300 bags of sending from them.
my guild mates at the guild hall have over 200 bags of sending still there.
and thats not counting all the bags that the guys have at home.

i would estimate the kills we have on the 3 people they play on sonoma well into the THOUSANDS!

myself personally, ive farmed them through the generation transition from dread spiders in cov and del passage to ice fiends through to fire level 2 effrets to prims of light demons now to the their new farming grounds.
ive personally reported on them a couple hundred times over the years and just gave up.

but im not gonna to complain, cause like i said, they financed my Keep!!!

A

Ash

Ahh, if only I wasn't in the midst of re doing my pvper would be right there with you.

I did learn something just now, besides the fact that trogs can be allured, but it breaks their script. one time I guess i allured at just right moment as the script agro'ed my new found friend and he spent over 5 minutes attacking my tamed trog meanwhile ignoring all others. Of course i asked him to stop, repeated my request per the rules, when he kept on hitting my tamed trog paged on him. 5 more minutes go by, and just as i was about to get a screen shot of all the scripter standing lone with no dead trogs to loot from, someone moved the script to other side of cave. I went to stand beside him again to, you know, make sure he was alright. Once again he just stood there wanting to hit my tamed trog while the 5 he lured to him were about to kill him. At last possible second he started swinging at other trogs and vamp form healed him up. But shut him down for an hour by just standing there healing my trog.

But found best possible way to combat him in Tram is just play the game, i take my pets there to train and if he doesn't move he doesn't get any trogs. Take my mage there to work fame (yes know there are better places but work with me here) 2 EVs in the spawn area will keep it cleared and mostly out of reach.

At one point I actually got a typed response, after 30 minutes of standing there they typed "f___ you" and ran out.

But best manage to do is shut them down for an hour or so..

S

Sheridan

This thread has been cleaned of some inappropriate posts.

I'd like to remind everyone that making accusations and posting peoples' names is prohibited. Innocent until proven guilty is a pretty good policy to go by and anyone you think is a scripter is really only suspected. Unless you work for EA/Mythic, there is no 100% guaranteed way you can truly tell if someone is scripting or not and this makes such situations "He Said, She Said." Your word against theirs.

I understand that everyone feels passionately about reporting scripters and such, but you need to do so through the proper channels. Posting names and screenshots here on these forums is just hearsay and is not an official way to report these incidents. Feel free to discuss the problem with these folks without mentioning their names or posting screenshots of the suspected violators.

In many cases, the names that were posted were common enough that another person with the same name could be mistakenly lumped in with these folks and we want to not only avoid that, but also any false accusations as well.

J

Jay

funny thing is this info was posted on a known script/bug website forum which is where the OP probably got his info so dont really jump on other posters for admitting to using scripts

L

Lord Kynd

This thread has been cleaned of some inappropriate posts.

I'd like to remind everyone that making accusations and posting peoples' names is prohibited. Innocent until proven guilty is a pretty good policy to go by and anyone you think is a scripter is really only suspected. Unless you work for EA/Mythic, there is no 100% guaranteed way you can truly tell if someone is scripting or not and this makes such situations "He Said, She Said." Your word against theirs.

I understand that everyone feels passionately about reporting scripters and such, but you need to do so through the proper channels. Posting names and screenshots here on these forums is just hearsay and is not an official way to report these incidents. Feel free to discuss the problem with these folks without mentioning their names or posting screenshots of the suspected violators.

In many cases, the names that were posted were common enough that another person with the same name could be mistakenly lumped in with these folks and we want to not only avoid that, but also any false accusations as well.
from the way i understand it tho EA can not detect a script because it is nothing more than a fancy text document with another program such as word running it. it doesn't alter the flow of data so other than being VERY good at clicking and timing.....
wasn't this why crapbuster didn't make it ?

L

Lord Kynd

funny thing is this info was posted on a known script/bug website forum which is where the OP probably got his info so dont really jump on other posters for admitting to using scripts
the funniest thing is well known scripters/cheats complaining about other people scripting/cheating.
maybe to much competition ?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you work for EA/Mythic, there is no 100% guaranteed way you can truly tell if someone is scripting or not and this makes such situations "He Said, She Said." Your word against theirs.
Yes you can. I recall the time that someone was standing AFK in a house and a poison field was thrown on top of them. They proceeded to chug every cure potion they had, a couple dozen, without moving. Obviously was a healing script. The same goes for exploiting game mechanics. I posted a video on here of a guild exploiting and there was 100% proof they were. The mentioned guild even replied taunting and joking about it. Nothing ever happened to them and the exploit still exists in-game.

It doesn't matter if you have concrete proof or not, Stratics just doesn't want names named.
Jay said:
No I didn't. A guildmember mentioned it to me and I went to check it out. Where they got the information I don't know. A lot of people have replied saying they have seen this person for months/years. So I don't see how you can deduce that since I heard of this I must use scripts. Way to jump to conclusions.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the 1 Dev still working on this game part time after school would actually stop playing WoW for 5 minutes, this problem would be taken care of.

Such a joke.... A game forum with stricter enforcement of the rules than the game their representing.

S

Sheridan

Yes you can. I recall the time that someone was standing AFK in a house and a poison field was thrown on top of them. They proceeded to chug every cure potion they had, a couple dozen, without moving. Obviously was a healing script.
I understand where you're coming from, JC. But being convinced of something 100% does not necessarily make it true. Think back to all the things people have been utterly convinced of that ended up being completely wrong.

"THE WORLD IS FLAT!"
"Nuh-uh."
"Yes, Yes it is! It must be... look at the horizon, friend - it has an edge! I'm absolutely convinced that it is."

I'll admit that there might be a lot of evidence supporting your claim, but none of us regular folks on this forum have the right to name names with any absolute certainty like this was some sort of colonial witch hunt.

"A scripter! Burn him! Burn the scripter!" :cursing:

A

Ash

I understand where you're coming from, JC. But being convinced of something 100% does not necessarily make it true. Think back to all the things people have been utterly convinced of that ended up being completely wrong.
Well, we aren't in the 1400's and we aren't saying anyone standing there unattended is a scripter. But since we all have deductive reasoning, and can see the person can loot constantly but not react to changes in the environment then I don't need any other proof to be certain. I followed the rules both in game and here, I went there, spoke to the chars, fought the mobs and saw their routine get interupted because they would have had to move to fight. If they can't take two steps but can loot in a fraction of a second, then that tells me all I need to know.

Now, if someone just parked themselves there to train swords/tactics or let fame rise, that is one thing i can see parking in a spot letting self auto defend and I wouldn't say anything about it, but these are looting and obvious scripts. If you change the variables long enough someone eventually will come to the keyboard but that could take 30mins to over an hour before they respond to changes in the environment.

So, won't mention names here, but if i am in the caves you then I am going to play the game, kill every trog I can, yes I will just make a small dent in their hourly gold quota, but at least i will be doing more than the devs are and without violating any rules in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.