• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Samurai Empire concern and question thread

G

I'd like to see the sea faring aspect of UO expanded. Since its gonna have an Asian facet why not boat houses with rope walkways and what not...mainly to bring back the Red Pirate aspect or even just blue sea communities.

The idea could also bring involvement back into the crafters. Which really need more attention...cause wow in 7 years of the game we've received 2 sub-crafting skills(glassblowing/stoneworking) which died almost in 3 months & about what 15 new craftable items. And of course the BOD systems...which are a pain to do, but hey they're fun for the most part.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old necro thread got me to looking at other ancient threads. Reading through this one, I find a lot of the complaints in 2004 are almost identical to the complaints of today :) A lot of what folks asked for back then got implemented in some form over the years since then. The devs of the day were no more informative then than they are now. And in the last 13 years give or take since this thread was made a lot has not changed and a lot has changed. For better or worse is subjective but IMO overall UO is a better game now than it was then despite a much lower population now than there was then :)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was noticing that as well... also could not help but notice most of the posters are no longer posting around here anymore... reckon the trolls ran 'em off?
Or maybe some of them reopened accounts with stratics like I had to after moving and not having access to my original email this has happened to me twice since joining around 2000-2001

Was easier to just create a new account than figure how to save an old account here