• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Samurai Empire concern and question thread

G

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS FIRST POST
Otherwise if we have to remove a post, it could take a bunch of good posts with it.

This thread is for posting any concerns about the specifics of the Samurai Empire expansion that you might have. Any posts that aren't specific - general rants about UO for example - or that are not questions or concerns for EA will be removed, while valid concerns will be added to this post. I'll be checking the thread off and on for new things to add. No one at EA asked me to do this, so it's not really official, but I figured it'd help the dev team to see our concerns summarized and in one easy to find place. Please keep in mind that this really isn't for discussing the new expansion, but rather as a nexus for communicating with EA. They may or may not answer, but you can be sure that they will read your comments here.

I plan to keep this up for a long time so that we can collect new questions and information as more information is released. I may even turn this into a FAQ type document where each question or concern will link to the appropriate answer.

FYI: Unified PvP system will not be added with this expansion. Please don't talk about it in this thread, as it has nothing to do with SE.

Also, please do not post questions or comments such as "Will you fix all the bugs? Are you just out to make money?", as that is not constructive to the purpose of this thread.

And finally, please look to see if your question or concern has already been added before you post. Thanks! :)

So far, we have:

New professions:
- Concern that Ninja might flip out and kill everyone in UO
- Will a Ninja template require 4 or 5 skills to be effective, like some templates do, or will it be more along the lines of a necromancer with only 2, which can be grouped with either a mage-focused template or a warrior-focused one?
- Will Hiding and Stealth will be essentials for the Ninja skill?
- Will Ninja be allowed to wear any kind of armor, or will they be forced to wear Ninja clothing only?
- Is Stealth going to be turned into Ninjitsu like Entice was Discord w/ pub16?
- Will we get some new systems with the introduction of Samurai? i.e. Factions where you can swear loyalty to one of the "Lords" of the new land. And if the NPC Lord decides to war another house you go to war with the opposing house?
- Will Ninja have thrown weapons like shuriken, throwing axes or darts?
- Concern that the new professions be as historically accurate as possible.

New abilities:
- Concern that Honorable Execution may be overpowered
- Will Honorable Execution be for PvM, PvP or both?
- Will all new abilities be melee based? (i.e. no love for the magic users)
- Will there be powerscrolls for the new abilities?
- Concern that popular 3rd party exploit applications might be able to auto-differentiate between your mirror images.
- Will they be mana or dex based?
- Does the lightning strike 50% hit chance stack with your normal hit chance increase?
- How will Chivilary, Bushido and Ninja abilities stack in PvM? Can we expect to see EoO, Conscreate Weapon, Bushido (something), & Double Strike 1 hit kill Dragon, Balron etc...?

The Takuno Islands:
- Boats -- if/where they'll be allowed
- Which ruleset will be enabled here?
- Will you be able to sail to the new lands from Britannia?
- Will lore be an important part of the new lands?
- Will there be new quests themed on the lore of the new lands?
- Will their be Japanese NPC's?
- Will the Takuno Islands include many dungeons and areas to explore like Ilshenar, or will it include a centralized attraction like Malas?
- Is the one town idea set in stone, or could more towns possibly be added?
- Will recall/gate be enabled in the Takuno Islands?
- Will there be any secret areas to find and explore?
- How big, comapared to existing lands, will the new lands be?
- Concern that two dungeons aren't enough. (Comparison made to Ilshenar's many dungeons)
- Will there be any NPC villages or camps in the Takuno Islands aside from the major town?
- Will the new Japanese city be set up like a normal city or Luna-Style [Mini-Mall in the middle surrounded by player houses?]

New monsters:
- Concern that new monsters should have some new or interesting AI
- Hai Riyo toughness as an adversary, as well as what skill level will be needed to tame/ride it.
- Does this mean we will be able to fly over water while on these new tamables? If so does this open up a way for people to fly onto other peoples boats?
- Will we be able to put dragon barding deeds on them?
- Is there any chance that mounts will get armor? (Decorative armor with no defensive/offensive bonuses.)
- What are the names of the monsters in the "Surrounded" screenshot from the SE announcement?
- Will there be more tamables other than the flying dragon?
- Will we get any new artwork in 2D or just flattened 3D art like before? And if so, are there any plans to update any of the artwork we got in AOS and Third Dawn so that instead of squashed-flat 3D art we actually get 2D art? I am thinking specifically of the very funny looking demons, unicorns, kirins, and swamp dragons.

Housing:
- Too much new housing in new lands will dilute the player base
- "Urban sprawl" as seen in Malas being allowed in the new lands as well, reducing it's adventuring and fun value.
- Will there be new pre-built housing?
- Will the old style roofs be made available for customized housing?
- Are castles, keeps and L-shapes finally going to be customizable?
- Will housing space be opened after the expansion has been released to all markets?
- Concern that the new housing should be only allowed in the Takuno Islands.
- Will the farm tiles allow players to grow food?
- Will the roof of a house take the place of the top floor or be in addition to the 3rd or 4th level?
- Will there be pre-sized plots with connecting roads so that players can build their own towns that look realistic?

Crafting/Items:
- Will their be any improvements to Dragon Barding?
- Will there be significant additions to any crafting skills?
- Will we get new craftables? If so, will their artwork be like the new tailored items--fur boots and so forth--that look different as static art but are just old artwork when worn?
- Will there be any new crafting resources, the way we can now use bones to make bone armor? I'd really like to see silk introduced.
- Will there be a BOD system implemented for a new skill, or any changes to the current BOD system?
- Will new clothing types be introduced such as kimonos?
- Will there be any Asian plants added for Gardeners?

Misc:
- How much will the expansion cost?
- Were the screenshots taken with a new engine?
- What are the plans for the current 2d and 3d engines?
- Will placeholders be used for 2d users who don't buy the expansion?
- Will there be additional new items (other than weapons) with an asian theme, such as fans, tea pots (would work like pitchers), perhaps even some asian plants that might not exist in the current array of gardeners plants?
- Will there be new virtues tied to the new virtue shrines?
- Will the new virtues be Japanese themed?
- Will the server/registration site overload that takes place after most expansions be handled more smoothly than in the past?
- Will the expansion include a separate new player code that is able to be used along side the upgrade code?
- How will siege be effected by the new systems, skills, items, any gifts, and other potential things that could disrupt our shard?
- Any physical extras going to be included in the expansion (like maps, or the figure from the LBR box) ?
- Will there be any reward for preordering (like hooded shrouds) ?
- Will this expansion bring any updates to the land/content of the old lands? (besides being able to use housing tiles and new professions, etc)
- Will there be any new boat designs added with the expansion?
- Will this expansion hit the shelves in Europe? If so, when?
- Will the new expansion come with some introductory story and perhaps some events?

J

Jenny

Are not samurais just the ancient version of knights and ninjas rogues?

So why introduce the same again?

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

B

Black_Sabath

Will the new tamable flying dragon be a Tamer only Mount? or will it be like a Swamp Dragon high taming need to tame it, but 0 tame/ 0 lore to own it after it is tamed?

G

Id like to know if they mean by
"Build Farms, Residences, Tea Houses, Pagodoas, Temples, and Castles."

are there going to be new pre-fabs?

since they mention
"New kinds of flooring, Walls, doors, stairs, and roofs.
New landscaping options, including sand gardens and rock gardens."

oh... and since they mention roofs...
does that mean we'll be getting the old style roofs too?

C

Chessy_Nova

Honorable Execution: An attempt to eliminate an enemy with a single attack.
I really hope this is going to be JUST PvM because we dont wana see old val wep one hit kill days (even though it was fun). So is this PvP and PvM or just PvM?

K

Kurgan

The Hai Riyo: A flying Dragon that’s extremely tough, but can be tamed and ridden.

--Does this mean we will be able to fly over water while on these new tamables?
If so does this open up a way for people to fly onto other peoples boats?
--Will we be able to put dragon barding deeds on them?

I

imported_Gwyneth

I know all the information has not been released yet regarding this new expansion; however, I'm concerned about what will be done for those players who prefer cultivating non-combat skills.

Is there any reason to hope that crafting will see a revival (other than improvements for BOD collectors)? Is there any hope for Chefs? I haven't read anything yet that promises any major changes, other than the addition of more eye candy, for the non-fighter types.

I know, I know... this is a repeat question in a sense. But it seems that non-combative players' concerns are always left for last.

T

thomas3dragon

First off, wilki, you're doing marvelously. Your presence on this board is simply amazing, whatever people's opinions might be about the information you're bringing.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that we have to have something like this, considering how little real information has been given about the expansion. There's nothing to complain about, yet. The major thing I keep hearing (besides the usual "oh noz, too powurful!") is that "This or that looks bad" based on a couple screen shots, and one which was just a compilation of screen captures pasted onto a generic game view.

My only question/concern, is how applicable the skills involved in making a Ninja or a Samurai will be for other character types. IE: Will a Ninja template require 4 or 5 skills to be effective, like some templates do, or will it be more along the lines of a necromancer with only 2, which can be grouped with either a mage-focused template or a warrior-focused one?

Otherwise, there really isn't enough information to formulate viable questions yet.

G

Are castles, keeps and L-shapes finally going to be customizable?

When AOS was released it stated somewhere that Castles, Keeps and L-shapes were not going to be customizable at this time... *hopes and prays*

B

Bronwyn_of_Baja

My concern is the client....the screenshots looked like a cross between 2 and 3d (the current ones) Is this going to be a new client that combines them both? Will we still have the two seperate ones? If so....is 2d going to get new graphics OR are we going to be again stuck with left over placeholders?

G

Is the new Housing tiles/textures going to be limited to placement in the New Lands? or will they be enabled to be placed in any of the previous housing lands?

My own thought would be that they would be enabled in the new land only thus giving it a special look and feeling when one travels to it, but I know in the old heart that one will see them everywhere else..... pooh

M of LS

G

My first and foremost concern is that will the history and lore of this new land be apparent within it, or is it just going to be a landscape with monsters and new housing.

Will the new land be sailable to from the mainland, basically being in the same world of Felucca and/or Trammel.

Will there be:

- New weapons?
- Any additions to the crafting skills (besides Tailoring and Blacksmithy)
- A use for boats in the new world, in place of Recall, as well as upgrades to the use of sea travel
- Additional new items (other than weapons) with an asian theme, such as fans, tea pots (would work like pitchers), perhaps even some asian plants that might not exist in the current array of gardeners plants?
- New quests themed on the asian land.
- Asianed themed NPCS (normal town npcs, hireables, and occasional "brigands")
- Historical locations and in general things that tie the Takuno Islands to the lands of Feudal Lords that we saw in Ultima 1
- Virtue systems tied to the new virtues and virtue shrines

G

Will it be both 2d and 3d like Aos. I certainly hope so, those of us with Dinosaurs for computers like the fact that we can still play the new releases of UO. My computer couldnt handle new games 1 year after I bought it.

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Housing:
- Too much new housing in new lands will dilute the player base
- "Urban sprawl" as seen in Malas being allowed in the new lands as well, reducing it's adventuring and fun value.

<hr></blockquote>I agree with these points 100%. I would also like to add that it will greatly reduce the value of the houses we all currently own.

I would think that after the enormous outcry against all the extra housing land in Malas, that the Devs would not make the same mistake yet again.

A

ASP[2004]

Any chance with this comming expansion mounts will get armor? Decorative armor with no defensive/offensive bonuses. I'd like to see a fully clad samurai warrior riding a horse fully clad in samurai horse armor. This would make for an interesting roleplay addition in UO. Btw, not just samurai armor ... but like medieval armor, necro armor, and paladin armor for mounts.

G

Will they try to improve the server handling the new world so that we don't all black-out/crash etc when the mad dash for a castle begins in the new lands? I have had this happen to me on 2 expansions so far and would like to be able to log in and place in a new world just once!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is the new Housing tiles/textures going to be limited to placement in the New Lands? or will they be enabled to be placed in any of the previous housing lands?

<hr></blockquote>

I can answer that, as I asked them at the event. They said that they will be usable anywhere, as long as you buy the expansion, of course.

G

My one concern is will the release of the expantion be like AOS where the asian market got it and was in game placing houses before anyone else had even got there copy yet? Canada was a week behind the US getting it even with pre-orders. I hope they release the expantion and wait 5 days before activating the shards to it so every one gets a chance.

C

CitizenKane2

I will say that you have set up a good list of questions, specific to the expansion.
The questions I have about the Ninja you have already set out. Specifically, I would like to know whether Hiding and Stealth will be essentials for the Ninja skill, or whether it is (in theory) possible to use the skill without those 2 other skills.

G

Yeah I have to agree he puts up with alot of flak and does a good job.

Ok back on topic I'm still rater iffy on the whole "new expansion" I think we need more info to draw a conclusion. I hope that they would beta this to a few so we could check bugs and such. I don't mean open beta a nice closed beta with a few of the experianced players not just anyone.

G

How are the devs handling this expansion differently than AOS to prevent the same problems we had at that launch? With their desire to gain new subscribers, it seems like it would shoot themselves in the foot if new players first experience into the game is to run into a horrid and laggy beginning, complete with roll backs and crashes.

Also will the expansion include a separate new player code that is able to be used along side the upgrade code, allowing those who recieve their packs first be able to double up on the housing spots for profit?

Finally, maybe I missed it, but I was unable to find any mention of the highly controversial unified pvp system in the press releases. Is it still planned for release with the expansion? If so, can you please give us some specifics on this new system.

Thank you.

*edited in some more questions /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif * (should we edit or would just adding another post be better if you update your main post by checking the posts you haven't read yet, and might miss some we add)

Will this expansion include many dungeons(sp) and areas to explore like Ilsh, or will it include a centralized attraction like Malas.

The mention of 3 virtue shrines, does this mean 3 virtues will be activated? if so, which ones, and what will they do

How will siege be effected by the new systems, skills, items, any gifts, and other potential things that could disrupt our shard.

Will the 6 week publish cycle be reinstated after this expansion when you have all those working on the expansion back into the fold.

Any physical extras going to be included in the expansion (like maps, or the figure from the LBR box)

Will there be any reward for preordering (like hooded shrouds)

Will the expansion bring any updates to other areas in the game, such as new dungeons in tram/fel/ilsh, or finish old systems that weren't finieshed, or never inplemented, like the seahorses in ilsh leaving some areas unexplorable.

B

Bhima LS

The ninja and samurai proposals threaten to be seriously unbalancing.

one hit kill for pvp? I'd move to trammel.

4-5 people to target to hit the right one? ill conceived.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Finally, maybe I missed it, but I was unable to find any mention of the highly controversial unified pvp system in the press releases. Is it still planned for release with the expansion? If so, can you please give us some specifics on this new system.

<hr></blockquote>

No, it will not be included. I talked to Sunsword about it at the announcement event, and he said that it wasn't going to be ready for the expansion.

My interpetation is that rather than delay the content of the expansion for something unrelated (since it's a server side change, and doesn't require a CD to be released), it was decided to do the unified PvP at a later time, which also gives them time to do it right, instead of being rushed.

P.S. I did not add any of the new questions to the list yet, as it's late, I'm tired and I don't want to mess it up. I'll do it tomorrow sometime. ;-)

J

JonathonBlade

Hmm, will proper Feng Shui be required for hosue fighting bonuses now?

L

Lady Malynn

I've had lots of ppl ask me what will be the promotional gift for pre-ordering. The shroud promotion was a hit with AoS.

G

here's a good one.. any chance of re-thinking the one-town idea on the islands? without at least 4 or 5 its not going to be used any more than malas is...

Hellstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I expect a blessed Komono robe for the ladies, or a ninja suit/samurai tunic for the fellas... If we get much more blessed stuff we will all have blessed full suits... wooo hooo... it wouldnt bother me a bit either... I am too cheap to pay for insurance unless i absolutley have to!

H

Hai_Katana

I do not see a problem in diluting the playerbase if there is only ONE town in the new lands. I would make the new lands only accessible by the same moongate but recall/mark/gate enabled once there.

However, creating a new set of rules would be pointless... might as well just allow recall/mark/gate completely.

In my own personal experience... people tend to gravitate to the town/city that best suits them or their view on what a town in UO should be. The more adventurous of us choose delucia, the more metropolitan minded choose vesper or britain. Etc etc.

Those who are complaining about dilution are PK types... who need other people to satisfy their own limited gaming needs. Others know where to find others, delucia is a great place to find crafters to repair armour and weapons for instance.

If we are to fully consider player dilution then we mnust examine the use of the dungeons themselves... trammel destard on europa is camped 24/7... high end monsters with high end loot are being competed for on a large scale... no less than 8 - 10 people in the same area at least!

Dilution isnt the problem... its concentration of players thats the problem; too many people seeking the same things... dragons/bloods, arti's, resources.

A

An_Old_Ranger

Will "new style housing" be available in any "old lands" (Fel, Trammel, Malas) as well?
*seen your answer, yes it will*

A

An_Old_Ranger

Can we at least simply AVOID the "Asian Bits" by not upgrading?
Like with previous expansions: You don't see beetles or other UO-LBR creatures on a UO-R account.

G

I am on edge thinking about ninja
being able to wear any armor.
It will REALLY take away the feel
of being a ninja.
But on the same note ninja will
be unplayable pretty much without
armor.

Any word on this?
Im not sure I'll be able to handle
Ninja wearing anything besides
leather.

K

Klapios

"Ninjas might flip out and kill everyone in UO"

Is that from www.realultimatepower.net ? I'm just curious, if you haven't been there its quite funny

Oh yeah, Question: What is the real point of this expansion, Giving people stuff to do, because some people have been complaning their is nothing to do? Or is it that EA wants $$$. The needs/wants the UO community as been asking for?

G

Meow Meow Meow!

New Professions:
Ninja- I was wondering if they planned to turn stealth into Ninjitsu kinda like they did with Entice and Discord. Of course the STEALTHING would still require Hiding to do. Perhaps even make hiding a pre req for Ninjitsu, although maybe thats not a great idea.

Samurai- Will we get some new systems with this? perhaps something like Factions where you can swear loyalty to one of the "Lords" of the new land. And if the NPC Lord decides to war another house you go to war with the opposing house?

New Abilities:
Overall: Mana, Dex or HP?
Do we really want MORE Abilities taking Mana? urg.
Only 7 Abilities each? No matter how great these abilities are it still seems like it is a waste of 100 Skill points.
Powerscrolls?

Ninja-
Mirror Image: Now if you strike the Mirror Image will it disappear?
Or will you have to do like 20 damage or something?
Will they damage the enemy(I hope not), will there be a timer on how often you can do it?
Will the mirror images disappear if you use dispel?
Will they disappear if you strike the actual player?
Will you make it so the player is teleported to a random spot, because if you use mirror image and you are still in the same spot it is kinda useless.
Will you make sure there is no way there could be a third party program to "highlight" or whatever to the mirrors to tell the difference between the mirrors and real player.
Will you fix any lag that may result in this ability?

Smoke Bombs: Will these require tinkering or Alchemy?
Will they require Ninjitsu to throw?
Will they require hiding?
Can they be used in mid battle?

Animal Form: Now when it says walk freely among your enemies does that mean in PvP or PvM?
Will players be able to tell the difference between a wolf and a ninja in wolf form?
Will NPCs be able to tell the difference?
Will there be a timer on it like Polymorph or is it semi permament like Necro Forms?
Will you turn grey?
Will monsters still attack you?

What are the 4 other abilities?

Samurai-
Honorable Execution: Will this work in PvP?
Will this incompacitate(sp) the Samurai in some way after he or she has preformed it?

Wirlwind: What do you mean when you say "The Samurai's power will be increased with every enemy he defeats"?
Does this mean he will gain more HP?
Perma Life Drain with this ability on?
More Damage per swing?
Will this work in PvP?
How would this affect Champion Spawns?
Will this be coupled with Enemy of One(Oh god I hope not)?

Lighting Strike: Will the 50% hit bonus be added to any hit chance you already have or is it going to be solely 50% hit chance(which is 5% over the limit), 95% hit chance does not sound great.
Will you let Lighting Strike and Special moves be coupled?
Will Lighting Strike make the Weapon 100% Energy Damage?
Will there be any Hit Lighting Chance added to this?

The Takuno Islands:
Why only 3 main Islands? And why such big Islands?
Any chance of using the original Fedual Lord Map from the Ultima Series(I liked that one much better).
Perhaps a "secret" Island somewhere, that requires a special item to get to(maybe one that is already avalible in game but is fairly useless), making the Island not on any map(including the overview).
How big will this Facet be? T2A? Trammel? Malas? Ilshenar? The last three are probably about the same size, it just seems that Ilshenar is much smaller than the other two.
How will we get to this facet? Serpent Pillars?
How come only TWO Dungeons in such a large land mass? Malas had 1, which sucked. Trammel had 8 or 9(if you include wind), now it has 9 or 10(Orc Dungeon). Will more be added at a later date? Ilshenar was by far the best "hunting grounds" expansion.
Will there be housing on this facet?(I really hope not).
How big of a role will boats play in this facet?
Will there still be the new ruleset on this facet? Or did you decide to go with one of the two we have now.
Are you going to build up some history with this facet or will it be another Malas/Ilshenar? Since you did state it was mentioned in Ultima 1.
Markable? Gateable? Recallable?

New Monsters:
I am looking at the screen shot of the 13 monsters and the Samurai in the middle.
I reconize Lady of the Snow, Fan Dancer, Hai Riyo, the Green one kinda looks like a Kappa(although I can only see the back), I do not see the Oni, unless it is Mr Pink, I know I have see the three headed wolf demon somewhere before(just can't remember), the Spider could be a Kumo although I have not see a drawing of one before.
So my question would be, what are the names of the other ones?
Are those a new type of Ophidians?

Housing:
Will there be NPC villages anywhere?
Where do the NPCs live? Seriously? I hardly ever see any residential housing for NPCs.

Misc:
These three new virtues will they be Japanese themed?
What features of the guild system are planned?
What new weapons and armor will we be getting?

G

Ninja in plate metal?

oops I think I asked that before.
sorry /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

W

WS052801

So what if Samurai's are similar to knights....there a completely different culture and style.....I don't see why some people are complaining about this, and I never hear anyone complaining suggesting what skills they think would have been better.
I like the Idea of Samurai's and Ninja and just hope that theres lots of room to work the skills into different templates.

G

Will there be new boats, I wonder? I bet the FCB would like that!

G

new houses should be restricted to the new lands ...
a pagoda may be really nice, but i will not like it near our castles

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the new Japanese city be set up like a normal city or Luna-Style [Mini-Mall in the middle surrounded by player houses?]
Please I hope not, I don't like the way Luna was made, it's more of a mall than a town.

G

Just to let you know, I added some of your questions, but not all, as I think a lot of them will be answered in coming updates. Things like what specific skills do, etc.

When they release the detailed info on those items, if the question you asked isn't answered, let me know then.

When I meant specific, I guess I didn't mean *that* specific ;-)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Animal Form: Now when it says walk freely among your enemies does that mean in PvP or PvM?
Will players be able to tell the difference between a wolf and a ninja in wolf form?

<hr></blockquote>

I asked that at the event, and it will turn you into that creature, however your name will still appear above your head. I'm guessing it will fool monsters, but probably not players.

Personally, I was hoping for it to totally disguise you.

<blockquote><hr>

Will there be a timer on it like Polymorph or is it semi permament like Necro Forms?

<hr></blockquote>

It will either last a long time, or be permanent. I asked the question, but my voice recorder was all fuzzy so I'm having to go by memory, and I'm sorry but I just can't remember the exact answer.

G

I would like to know, is this new land one more Trammel facet or will we get some new PvP land.

Not that it make a diff for me, no Trammel on my shard /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif but I think others would like to know.

T

Thayel Windsong

I guess this question falls under housing and also skills. There was mention that one of the new house tiles is a farm tile, are we finally going to be able to have our own WORKING farms for things like growing food, or is this just another unuseable tile that no one will use? It would be so awsome to be able to grow your own foods and other growable things on your very own farm. The boost to the Cooking skill which is at this point one of the most useless in the game would be tremendous. One of the things that would be really nice is an addition to Cooking to allow us to Brew ale/wine. This could be done just like Glassblowing/Stonemassonry etc, where you go to an NPC and buy a book for X amount of gold (comprable to the others if not higher) and then you can make Ale/wine. You would of course have to be GM cooking just like the other skills. This skill coupled with being able to use those farm tiles in our homes would be great as we could have our own Vinyards/wineries Or Brew Pubs. (Ale could be made with Wheat and Hops, Wine with grapes, all of which already exsist in the game) I would really love to see some improvments to things that are not just combat related and this one would be very very nice.

C

CitizenKane2

Replying to the last post for convenience.

I think you're doing a great job, Wilki24. Thanks for the effort in organizing the questions in a coherent format. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

B

BloodNomad

I would like to know, is this new land one more Trammel facet or will we get some new PvP land.

Not that it make a diff for me, no Trammel on my shard but I think others would like to know.

If its all PVP the nonPVPers might not buy it.
If its all NonPVP the PVPers might not buy it.

My guess is its guild based PVP then there is a chance that any playstyle might buy it.

F

FaydKytt

Ninja: - Will they have thrown weapons like shuriken, throwing axes or darts?
- What skill to use these types since they are missle weapons...archery? ninjitsu? and will they be one handed or two? Poison as special move?
- Will smoke bomb work like the invisibility spell or like the hiding skill with regards to detection by other players and success criteria. Also, can stealth be used right after (like invis) or will there be a skill delay (like hiding)?

Housing: Will the roof of a house take the place of the top floor or be in addition to the 3rd or 4th level?

Fayd Kytt

C

Cynabar

I also agree about the housing sprawl. It would be nice to see actual towns and villages laid out for housing with streets, vendor shops, a bank, ect. ect. An actual town that you could live in would leave more ares for hunting in without all the obsticles, and would a better appearance. For roleplayers this would be the ideal setting.

C

Cynabar

There are many towns throughout UO that are practically deserted. In the early days Trinsic was a bustling city, now a ghost town. To make these towns and cities thrive again there needs to be something unique about them that would draw the population. In the beginning of AoS, Umbra also bustled with people because it was the only place you could buy Necro reagents. After they started being available everywhere, Umbra also became a ghost town(sik).

The game needs these one of a kind areas, to keep the population ballanced. Add a flea market grounds next to the bank in Trinsic, complete with some of the fancy tree's seen on the test shard.
Vendor specialty shops in only one or two cities. Have special importer shops in certain cities for goods available only in other lands.

S

Socko

i would like them to stay historically accurate if possible. Ninja's are assassians, spies or thieves. It would be nice if they would tie in some of the existing skills with the ninja, giving bonuses to both. It would also be nice to see them add some sort of caltrop trap in case someones chasing them, making them run at half the speed would be pretty handy and historically accurate.

Z

Zilor

Well, there is one problem with that. Sosoria and Ultima are not based in our world and thusly do not take part in our history.