• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

same babble, different thread

• Thread starter that one guy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i drank every night this week except saturday and i plan to start here soon and watch the football games

I <3 alcohol

S

Smoke_Haze

The 300 does look good.

You should definitly check out Rocky though, its a bit of a slow start, but I thought it explained the story well, but as always, the middle and end really get you going.

S

Smoke_Haze

ill agree, it wasnt as good as the originals, but it was a good end too the series. (heh)

I like them kind of films, "a true underdog story", it was good, it wasnt life changing, but it was good too see a film you know you could sit and enjoy at the cinema compared too alot of the [censored] coming out atm.

S

Smoke_Haze

How many of you guys watch Prison Break? We over here in the UK are just on Season 2, episode 2, as of tonight. Its soo good, Season 1 was amazing, was such a lucky find, as it go NO Media coverage when it came on, but clearly it was big in America, and season 2 over here got alot of attention, im definitly enjoying it.

No spoilers plx

G

i've never seen it either, but people say one of the guys i work with looks like one of the guys on that show, dunno the name

G

ouch, that sucks big time

stop jerking off so much and it won't happen all the time =)

T

that one guy

<blockquote><hr>

dislocated my shoulder again. YAY!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never seen anyone hurt themselves as much as you (aside from maybe Evel Knievel). You just need to live in a bubble or something.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea, no [censored] dude. im not even that stupid about [censored] either. i see people do such dumb [censored] and they are fine. i do normal stuff and i get hurt bad.

this time i was lifting when it happened. i was sitting down doing the tricep over the head thing when it came out. dropped 60 pounds from above my head onto my leg. soo, not only did i pop my shoulder out but i got a sweet bruise on my leg.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant even think about my shoulder comming out because it gives me the chills. i can almost feel it when i think about it

S

Smoke_Haze

Hey Path mate, few questions i figure you could help me with.
I used too go to the Gym a fair bit, as you know, nothin weights wise, just runnin, fitness levels and such. But ive been out the loop for a good year now.

Im aiming too drop about half a stone back to my weight 2 years ago, im still thin and flat chested, but i just want too lose a tiny bit, then try and work on a 6pack or something, the only thing is im unsure how to do it.

My plan was as follows, simply just do loads of cardio and try and eat alot more healthy, sadly i cant cut out drinks, its too hard, lets be honest, so its gonna take longer than normal, but i figure ive got 3 gym sessions a week penciled in, if i do 2 total cardio, then one just general muscle building of the legs and arms i should drop my half a stone no problem, ive never had trouble shifting weight. After that, how do i tone properly? I assume just loads of sit ups, running, and eating correctly? Followed by possible use of them tone belts?

Any help would be appreciated mate.

G

as far as abs go the only way to do it is tons of crunches, and leg lifts. The running definately helps though for overall fat burning since you need to burn off most any fat around you gut to get and definition there. Pushups do slightly work your abs so make sure you do those in your general work outs though too

C

Charun

To get a six pack that looks right and not making yourself emaciated you have to gain weight first... I just got through with a bulking cycle in which I ate 3000 Calories a day. I started off weighting 175 and I'm up to 192. The good thing is that you loose fat quick when you're through with the insane diet. Fresh fat is easy to loose as well as fresh muscle. Keep your protiens high, carbs and fats low. Running is the best cardio there is besides swimming. Me personally, I hate cardio, I just take suppliments that increase my metabolism.

S

Smoke_Haze

I have no idea what crunches and leg lifts are.

So Charun, what your sayin is, just keep eatin but same time do my cardio too maximise weight loss? or something?

Bah, i hate losing weight, keke.

G

crunches are like sit ups but you only go halfway up, which is the part of a sit up that actually works your muscles, past there it doesn't do anything

legs lifts can be done 2 ways, one lay on your back with your legs straight out and lift your feet about 6 inches off the ground and hold it there for a while, let down and repeat, that works your lower ab muscles. Other way you would use the chair back with arms and no bottom thing, dunno what to call it but it basically suspends you in the air. you would then lift your legs strait out to like a sitting position, pretty much the same as laying down but it takes away the ability the cheat by raising your legs too high and making it easier

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea they both beat me too it. like they said all you can really do is a ton of crunches.

imo abs are the hardest thing to get in the gym. im the type of person that can lift for a month and gain noticeable muscle size but i have never been able to get abs.

part of the reason i cant get em is my diet tho. i eat whatever i want and then just go to the gym. so, that is 3/4 of the problem. maybe ill make abs my goal for this summer. i hate dieting tho

G

yeah, i know guys who work out at the gym 4-5 days a week and still can't get good abs cause of how they eat and all the beer they drink. easiest place to gain fat and hardest to get rid of

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, you just described me. im there 5 days a week unless i have a test.

i love to eat tho, lol. id rather go to the gym that much and eat whatever and drink all the time. i hate watching what i eat

C

Charun

<blockquote><hr>

yeah, i know guys who work out at the gym 4-5 days a week and still can't get good abs cause of how they eat and all the beer they drink. easiest place to gain fat and hardest to get rid of

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup... The last place men loose fat is on their gut. But in order to develop those abs you have to put on fat. Lotsa people go to the gym 4-6 times a week and wonder why they aren't growing any muscle. "Well how much do you eat?" "Uhhh, I eat cereal for breakfast, a carrot stick for lunch, a parfait for dinner" You HAVE to eat like crazy to get crazy muscle gains.

S

Smoke_Haze

I think if i could cut out snacking I would be ok, but its really hard *looks at the empty pringles tub*

Im like path, because im thin, and because i go to the gym, im like, LOL LETS EAT CHINESE TONIGHT, its hard too cut it out, i figure im going too make a sort of DIET list, and really try and stick too an eating regime and gym regime, gonna be hard too fit it in. Im also going too cut back my going out too once a week, with the occasional 2nd time for special occasions.

Breakfast has NEVER been my thing, i just cant be bothered, i'd rather have an extra ten minutes in bed, but i think im going too make the effort too eat cereal in the morning now, just too get me going, that may stop me eating a bag of crisps at elevn o clock. I figure, my plan is as follows.

Cereal for breakfast, bran or something, something just GOOD for your body in general

Then onto lunch, lunch is the hardest, i live in a flat with my 2 best mates, but we ALL hate cleaning, so dishes often are a no no, ill often hit subway over making soup just too avoid cleaning the pot, but i think ima try and fit in soup too my diet for lunch, or a home made sandwhich, its TASTY and good for you, then onto tea, tea is another problem, because, GOD i cba cooking, its often kievs, or chicken, or something.

But again, for the next month or so, im going too stop being lazy and make myself pasta, and noodles or rice with tuna or chicken. Just different stuff.

I then figure im going too hit the gym 3 times a week, i couldnt make it more i dont think, i have work, friends, girlfriend, free time and (lol UO) too fit in, so 3 times is good, i figure ill do for an hour a time, its been a while since ive been so bear with me.

Im thinking 10 minute warm up on weights too get my heart going a wee bit, then onto a 20-30minute running sessions, followed by a cool down of weights, sit ups, and crunches. I also figure im going too try and do 50-100 sit ups or crunches a night, i figure it will be lower at the start, more like 25 or so, but its a good start.

I also have one of them toning belts, i know it dosent do anything really, but even if it helps 1%, its fine, i can have it on while i sit here and play UO or my x box.

What does everyone think? Im also cutting out FIZZY JUICE now, ill drink water and cups of tea, and when i go out ill have ORANGE JUICE in my vodka, and maybe try and cut out jagerbombs, lol.

C

Charun

It's almost impossible to have muscle gains and fat loss at the same time (it can be done, but requires some SERIOUS dedication). You either have to eat like crazy with lots of "good" carbs, "good" fats and protein or eat no carbs or fats and high protein. Breakfast is definately the most important meal of the day... You can eat just about anything you want (with the exception of fats). Drink lots of water and eat multiple times a day to increase your metabolism... Eat more complex carbs such as wheat bread and brown rice. I have some good regimens for eatting habbits depending on what you want to do.

S

Smoke_Haze

Ok, well, lets focus on my first main gain, dropping that half a stone.

Throw me some for foods i should be buying and eating Charun, try and keep them "fairly simple" when it comes too cooking and preparing.

C

Charun

If you're trying to lose weight eat 4-5 times a day... Chicken breasts, tuna, beef, wheat foods, eggs, anything low carb/low fat... Fats such as olive oil are good for you. Like I said, drink plenty of water, and try not to drink too much.

C

Charun

If you're trying to lose weight eat 4-5 times a day... Chicken breasts, tuna, beef, wheat foods, eggs, anything low carb/low fat... Fats such as olive oil are good for you. Like I said, drink plenty of water, and try not to drink too much. You want 60% Protein 20% Carb 20% Fats. Eat about 1700 Calories a day.

S

Smoke_Haze

4-5 normal meals? Or just the same amount of food, but eat it more often in smaller amounts over the course of the day?

Adding good foods into diet should be no problem.
I had noodles and tuna last night, it was canned tuna, but im not confident in cooking fish. And this morning i had tuna on toast for breakfast. I cant eat fish too often, g/f HATES it, makes her sick too even look at it lol. So Beef and such will be the way.

Im gonna cut out cheese if i can, then drink loads of water. Only gonna go out once a week, and as i said, no beer, vodka and orange 4tw

Cheers guys !!

O

omfg27

<blockquote><hr>

lol, its 3rd dawn number 2

[/ QUOTE ]

oh ok.....

nm then

C

Charun

<blockquote><hr>

4-5 normal meals? Or just the same amount of food, but eat it more often in smaller amounts over the course of the day?

Adding good foods into diet should be no problem.
I had noodles and tuna last night, it was canned tuna, but im not confident in cooking fish. And this morning i had tuna on toast for breakfast. I cant eat fish too often, g/f HATES it, makes her sick too even look at it lol. So Beef and such will be the way.

Im gonna cut out cheese if i can, then drink loads of water. Only gonna go out once a week, and as i said, no beer, vodka and orange 4tw

Cheers guys !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, you wanna eat light. Get some Whey protein and a shaker cup it has 20g of protein a scoop, but use 2 scoops. You want Upwards of 100g protein a day. Orange juice is full of carbs and sugar btw... You might wanna stick with some diet colas when you're drinking. Diet drinks get more drunker anyway.

T

that one guy

Hah, those pics are great. I wish I had a kid so I could make it wear this shirt.

O

omfg27

<blockquote><hr>

Hah, those pics are great. I wish I had a kid so I could make it wear this shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, no you don't

C

Charun

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, no you don't

[/ QUOTE ]

Just borrow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.