• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sadok's Sampire Template

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Let's turn this back to being constructive:

What is damage mitigation?
To me, damage mitigation is simply a reduction in damage taken. Be it avoiding being hit, increased resist to take less damage, damage eaters, stuff along those lines. There is SOME merit to the idea that the quicker something dies, the less damage you take as well- but, I really don't consider that damage mitigation.
Yes!

Yes!
This is why I counted damage taken per minute.
I agree with both of you on this front. The only situation where I'd disagree is the not-entirely-theoretical scenario where you can take a 1-hit kill. If something lands a Blood Oath in the tick immediately before (no chance to tab in out) you land a max damage double strike, well, you're going to die. I'm not aware of any monsters that can regularly hit for a killing blow.

For me it's all about RoT. I've tried running a VE + 100 HLL against things that hit really hard. Yeah, it helps, but there's still quite a lot of volatility to it.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would classify an eater as survivability and not mitigation. You take the hit, and then it heals you. Survivability and mitigation are closely related though :)

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's many new possibilities with the new masteries.

I've only tested a few in PVM:

Mace Fighting - Stagger provides really good mitigation/prevention by reducing your enemy's swing speed. Haven't tested Toughness but if you can keep your mana up while leeching then this would be nice to use.

Bushido - War Cry was a nice idea, but the 1 hour cool down makes it virtually useless in any real encounter. Anticipate Hit is pretty good, you generate more health when using confidence. Also get +15 to mana.

Swordsmanship - Onslaught is nice when you run out of mana and you need to leech more to get back into using Armor Ignore. Focused Eye is kinda useless as you *should* have max HCI on your suit to begin with.

Parrying - This isn't a mastery you'd typically have active in PVM. It's more useful for PVP. The toggled ability gives you increased chance to parry.

Chivalry - Unless your fighting undead, you're going to have another mastery activated instead of this. Rejuvenate is "ok" but not good enough to justify using it over something like Mace Fighting. Also get +15 to mana.

valor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am using the similar sampire template for more than 10 years, the only different is the weapon skill, my template:
swordsmanship:120
parrying:120
bushido:120
resisting spells:80 (enough for most spawns and big boss, mostly use to prevent the spell: mana drain)
chi:80 (EoO,100% damage increase)
necro:99 ( for vampire form)
tactics 120

The template is very good in 99% PVM situations, no problems to any spawns & big bosses. The only tough monster I cannot solo is the slasher of veils.. but with some help of a bard, I can kill it easily. To use the template efficiently. Firstly, you must honor on the opponent all the time. Secondly, you hold the right weapon.. 1.25 sec per swing is the basically requirement.Weapon mods must include:100hml, 70hsl, 40+ hll etc.. Remember using Armor Ignore all the time. BTW, don't worry about your HP, you can survival as long as you can hit your opponent at max swing speed.

valor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Cora the Sorceress? ( with a bard, I easily farmed her more than 50times, rewards are not bad)
Corgul the Soulbinder? (yeah. killed it many times. only annoying point is that the boss can reflect your melee damage. Otherwise, it is a very weak boss. So I need a healer's help.)
Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer? ( I do not think anyone would use sampire to hunt it. Since it like wandering around the sea. Range weapons or spells are better choice to hit it.)
Shimmering Effusion? (It hits hard, it takes some time if only one sampire. With an extra bard, it is easy. I don't like the collecting keys process. So I only farmed it around 10 times )
Shadowlords (Ararat)? (With a bard help, kill it around 5 times. not a very hard boss.)
Stygian Dragon? ( a qualified sampire definitely can do this one. Collecting keys are easy, and you can kill it in 4-5mins with a bard. I defeated it more than 100 times)
I just want to say this build is one of the most efficient and safe templates to hunt monsters, you need decent suits and weapons, but you don't need bandages, potions or spells to heal. Also, evasion, counter attack and momentum strike are used quite frequently. It is a good choice for a player who like hunting around.

valor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I will clarify this point. Solo means a thing done by one person unaccompanied.. But one person can control two accounts, a sampire & a bard. Technically, Stygian Dragon and Shimmering Effusion can be done by only one sampire. Rest bosses need another character's help....:beer:

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for me solo means solo ingame character. No second accounts or whatever.

Everything else is well meh...

If a Boss can only be done with multiboxing then its not solo because another ingame character is involved here

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
When you fight with Peace or Prove aura against discorded boss... it makes difference... so I wouldn't name it "solo".

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumping guide as I've had a few new players recently ask a ton of questions about sampires. I read over the entire thread and the information is still relevant.