• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Repopulate Siege Perilous Campaign

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st no disagreement acceptance means u r a kid. 2nd uo was back in 1998 when i played a game for mean kiddoes that liked to risk little as pks and bitter other players lifes. Once u grow up u will understand that when u effort u want a reward and ppl like u that put preasure on others to get the things as they want are the most childish and they are not even conscious of being main problem of uo. Advice. Grow up and accept life although u dont like it thats maturity n u r fighting it. Idiot. Regards.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Jack_30, no disagreements, you should offer recommendations about how to bring new players to the shard.

You are off topic and should keep your negative thoughts to yourself, nobody else is interested, thanks!

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
After returning with last year's RtB I just brought back two former guildmates. It seems to me activity has been picking up some over the last couple of weeks. At least there ar more people on gen chat. If there's enough people to interact with I'm sure they'll stick around. Let's hope for the best...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very opposed to allowing recall here on Siege. This opens us up to way more scripting than we currently have. The easier you make it for the scriptors, the worse our economy becomes when they flood the market with resources. We have to keep the prices of commodities in check. When we consider changes to this shard, we have to carefully consider what the long term effects will be.

As much as I would love for all my characters to have the ability to gate for easier transportation, I am also opposed to everyone having that ability for the above reason.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The shard needs more miners and jacks for resources and to please the PKs. Scripters are easy prey - haven't you learn the lesson from Hercule's ill fate?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The shard needs more miners and jacks for resources and to please the PKs. Scripters are easy prey - haven't you learn the lesson from Hercule's ill fate?
I don't think you fully understand what being a PK actually means on Siege (or meant in the past at least...). Being red doesn't mean all you do is prey on miners and lumberjacks or other defenseless and easy targets. Back in the day some of the best PvPers were red. Being red is one of the things that made it a little harder for you - certain templates simply don't make sense as a red (sampire!), you can't use any of the virtue abilities that make life so much easier etc. etc. ... This is not a complaint! Being red on Siege simply is a choice of life style. It's more than just preying on easy targets.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I understand it. It's just thatit is script miners and jacks who are not too frustrated with losing the resource because they did not invest their own time into it. They're thee bread and butter of the prey and make PK a serious business due to resource amounts.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
while scripters might present a high value target concerning the loot they are still bad for the shard's economy. I'd rather loot less valuable stuff or nothing at all than seeing our relatively stable economy take the road of the prodo shards.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The lack oof insurance won't let inflation to quicken its pace as it did on prodo. However, I get your point - this does increase the inflation rate. Yet, if you want cheap suits at every corner so newcomers used to Trammel will gradually stop fearing going around, you need more miners, jacks etc. so there are more resources for these suits that they won't be afraid of losing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We sure not need script miners or any kind of scripters. And what fun is there with PKing a script miner, you can't role play with a script.
We need a reason for players to do mining, and to craft metal armor.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I always hate to agree with Freja, but, she's correct.

Mining and Blacksmithing is worthless now, and has been for a long time. There is no reason or incentive to craft metal armors, let alone, craft suits at all.

The average PK player will loot simple throw-away gear from Shame.

UO needs to make crafting, blacksmithing, tailoring, lumberjacking, mining, carpentry worthwhile. Until that is fixed, the economy will remain slow or dead.

There has to be reason to go mining and lumberjacking. There is not, now. Plus all the vets have hoarded 1000000000 piles of wood and iron ingots. It's pointless.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
WOW this feels weird, Apollyon say something that make sense to me and agree with me on something.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you fully understand what being a PK actually means on Siege (or meant in the past at least...). Being red doesn't mean all you do is prey on miners and lumberjacks or other defenseless and easy targets. Back in the day some of the best PvPers were red. Being red is one of the things that made it a little harder for you - certain templates simply don't make sense as a red (sampire!), you can't use any of the virtue abilities that make life so much easier etc. etc. ... This is not a complaint! Being red on Siege simply is a choice of life style. It's more than just preying on easy targets.
I don't think that's accurate as a blanket statement. SOME pks may not be like that but plenty will attack any blue they see on sight, regardless, and would absolutely hit the mines if anyone was ever there to kill. There have been, as well, plenty of pks who make a point to kill defenseless characters.

Fireball-BiH

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
FrejaSP - Is that you from way way waaaay back?

You can hopefully help me with a question if you are the Freja I know... Way back in Siege's early days, when you created a new character did you get the newbie red book? As I remember it everyone started with the same starting items then. unlike the normal shards you did not get special items for your chosen profession. You just got minimal stuff. It is a long time ago now and I can't remember, and I almost always deleted the red book on my new toons because I never used them so logging on to my 1999 SP account doesn't reveal the truth. Do you or anyone else here remember that? I am also pretty sure that initially even spellbooks were not blessed. Runebooks certainly were not. The reason I ask is because I have been making a freeshard with much of the less palatable aspects of Siege omitted (for example no RoT, but tougher skill gains) and one of my players has complained that we have no newbified starting red note book. The notebook MAY have existed but I am pretty sure that NOTHING was newbified back then, apart from what you chose to bless with the Siege Bless which I am pretty certain for me was my spellbook!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can hopefully help me with a question if you are the Freja I know... Way back in Siege's early days, when you created a new character did you get the newbie red book? As I remember it everyone started with the same starting items then. unlike the normal shards you did not get special items for your chosen profession. You just got minimal stuff. It is a long time ago now and I can't remember, and I almost always deleted the red book on my new toons because I never used them so logging on to my 1999 SP account doesn't reveal the truth. Do you or anyone else here remember that? I am also pretty sure that initially even spellbooks were not blessed. Runebooks certainly were not. The reason I ask is because I have been making a freeshard with much of the less palatable aspects of Siege omitted (for example no RoT, but tougher skill gains) and one of my players has complained that we have no newbified starting red note book. The notebook MAY have existed but I am pretty sure that NOTHING was newbified back then, apart from what you chose to bless with the Siege Bless which I am pretty certain for me was my spellbook!
Hello Necro! 99% sure spellbooks were always blessed, as were the starter red journals. Still have my journal, still blessed/newb'd.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

You can hopefully help me with a question if you are the Freja I know... Way back in Siege's early days, when you created a new character did you get the newbie red book? As I remember it everyone started with the same starting items then. unlike the normal shards you did not get special items for your chosen profession. You just got minimal stuff. It is a long time ago now and I can't remember, and I almost always deleted the red book on my new toons because I never used them so logging on to my 1999 SP account doesn't reveal the truth.
Yes, I'm the Freja you remember, welcome back.
Yes I did get a red book, not sure if it was newbified, it may have been.
I think it was only at the start, we did start with same items.

Do you or anyone else here remember that? I am also pretty sure that initially even spellbooks were not blessed. Runebooks certainly were not.
Spellbooks was and still are blessed, if from char creating or from npc shops, the crafted with mods are not blessed. There are a few blessed spellbook with mods, that slipped past the filter.
Don't think we had runebooks at that time and think they was blessed, when we got them.

The reason I ask is because I have been making a freeshard with much of the less palatable aspects of Siege omitted (for example no RoT, but tougher skill gains) and one of my players has complained that we have no newbified starting red note book. The notebook MAY have existed but I am pretty sure that NOTHING was newbified back then, apart from what you chose to bless with the Siege Bless which I am pretty certain for me was my spellbook!
I believe we did have newbified clothes at the start, at least there still exist some newbified clothes on the shard. Siege bless came later