• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Repopulate Siege Perilous Campaign

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No.........you said you "already did that". But this is false, because if you did already do it, then the shard would be populated already.

So you did not answer the question. Since your "answer" is not an answer. You essentially said, "I will change nothing". So that does not add anything to the discussion.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One thing is to bring them here, an other thing is to keep them. To keep them here, I try to help them get around, making my houses public with teles between them and to other TDO houses and public hubs.
I also leave tools and newbie stuff in anyone secures for young travelers and friend them to one of my houses.
I leave books in the houses, telling about Siege, the guilds and other stuff.
If I believe they fit TDO, I will take them in the guild, so we can help them with hunting and other stuff. If they do not fit TDO, I will try to advice them about other guilds.
I don't need you to approve what I'm doing. I know I do my part :)

Last edited:

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its fair to say we don't all get along. We aren't going to sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya. With that said I think its a pretty fair bet we all want the same thing for Siege and that is for it to flourish. We want to see more people talking in Gen Chat, we want more people stocking vendors and coming to events. Heck even I don't like some of my guildies..I say that with a big smile on my face, let them figure out who I don't like. Haha!!

Everyone has a chance to help bring more people to Siege. We do it in the way we play, the things we are passionate about and with our post. Not everyone will have a great idea but we can all get behind good ones when we see them even if they are posted by someone we don't care for. We all have the chance to add to the rich fabric of Siege and I wouldn't want to see anyone of you gone or not posting.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And just for the record Freja does more than her fair share of helping populate Siege. I think maybe something Apollyon you might add a vendor or chest at your house in luna and add free spell books, not blessed ones and maybe with only the first 4 levels of spells for newbie mages. Add bandages in 100 counts for newbies to use. I wish we all were able to do as much as Freja has done to help new people on Siege.

Freja you do not have to defend yourself to anyone. Anyone with half a brain will know how much you have done and will continue to do for Siege.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No offense, but Freja doesn't speak for the shard, in my opinion. She doesn't speak for me, at least.

There is a difference about keeping people here for a long time, versus bringing new players in. This thread should focus on the second, not the first. As of right now, I believe there are no measures to "bring new people in", which I asked Freja about. She did not answer this. She says she is "keeping people in" but that is different than bringing new players in.

I also ask anyone, what you are doing to bring new players in? I mean, from other shards, or from offline, or from different games?

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess the same question could be asked for you Apollyon how many new people have you brought to Siege and did they stay?

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take that back I don't care what your answer is its not important. What is important is that most everyone here wants the same thing for Siege to have lots of people. We all are trying to make that happen in our own way. Does it really matter how we do it?

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here comes a long winded post so get ready! As I said before everyone here adds to Siege. Some people help the newbies by opening their homes, having teleports and crystal portals to help newbies and vets get around. Others have chest full of newbie items, or vendors stocked with newbie items which are either free or close to free. There are those people who give advice in Gen Chat or just talk in Gen Chat to anyone who wants to talk. We have people like Baby Doll who offers free vendors, Charger (hope that name is right) who added a public Davies Locker to his New Mag house.

Victim has opened a new house near wrong with all kinds of things in it for anyone who wants to use them. We have Kelmo who has a very cool house that is open to the public with teleports to it. We have PKs who give Siege that bit of danger most of us like in our online lives. We have people who make witty post on Stratics and some who make post like Silent that make us think about changes we would like to see or loot we want added. You have Charles who opened a public vent for anyone to use, and I do hope people are using it.

We have people who give out armor, gold and help to people who ask and need it. We have people doing player run events, we don't always need and em to host something. BTW we should be taking screen shots of some of these cool events and posting them in Uhall for people to see what the population of Siege is doing. My list could go on and on but you get the idea. This is how you get people to come to and stay once they get here on Siege.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you said I sounded like Apollyon earlier in this thread Freja. I stand warned.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* Freja and I agree about thirty percent of the time. Freja and I have a great deal of respect for one another. Just make yer self at home here Tanivar.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well, the Siege is good enough already. Just a little of changes should help, but don't overdo it.
So far a problem everyone agreed upon are lack of recall and gate warnings. I think the idea to fill runebooks with gate scrolls is great, though allowing recall would make it easier for miners.
The "unbless most items" idea is disputable, and so is second character. Can you list the exact names of items which you would like to be unblessed and why?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.........you said you "already did that". But this is false, because if you did already do it, then the shard would be populated already.

So you did not answer the question. Since your "answer" is not an answer. You essentially said, "I will change nothing". So that does not add anything to the discussion.
It's not on the players to populate tbe shard. People know what siege is about, they don't need (or want) to be proselytized to. People we know either play or don't want to.

People want risk, or they don't. Overall population is at an all time low. The only thing that will have a serious impact on player base is what the dev's do. The most we as players can do is be a good example on forums, and be fun/helpful in game.

If you really wanted to gi e the shard a boost, drop the ad campaign and work on hosting a weekly public peerless/champ hunt day. That shoukd keep you plenty occupied.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "unbless most items" idea is disputable, and so is second character. Can you list the exact names of items which you would like to be unblessed and why?
Event spellbooks are the major culprit here. They not only give a clear advantage, but kill the market for other unblessed spellbooks with mods like scrappers.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make yer self at home here Tanivar.
Oh I have. Landreu lives at the old shop spot in Zento and Tanivar lives south of Luna. Going to forage and craft stuff to sell at the Magincia bazaar and see if there's more gold in it. Particularly since I just spent 3 1/2 million on an ethereal Ki-rin <rolls eyes> <g>. Put one serious dent in the gold piles in the bank.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you really wanted to gi e the shard a boost, drop the ad campaign and work on hosting a weekly public peerless/champ hunt day. That shoukd keep you plenty occupied.
That's a good suggestion and hope to get around to that someday with more time permitting. For now, I'm running the "Luna House Design" competition, and also went to other shards to promote SP. Also I plan to do more recruiting from other shards this year.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No spellbooks with extra stats should be blessed, that's right. Only plain ones shoud be, because losing the base thing (spells) is simply annoying, while losing an item with some bonuses is unpleasant, but one can live with it (unlike when you lose all spells each time a pk kills and loots you).
Anything else to unbless in your opinion? This is a question to everyone.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And you said I sounded like Apollyon earlier in this thread Freja. I stand warned.
Oh that was only your comment about Vet players :). I still like you and your vendors are a great help too. It was great to see you fight your fear for reds and show up the white net events.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well, the Siege is good enough already. Just a little of changes should help, but don't overdo it.
So far a problem everyone agreed upon are lack of recall and gate warnings. I think the idea to fill runebooks with gate scrolls is great, though allowing recall would make it easier for miners.
The diff between allow recall and allow all to traveling with gates with very little magery is, recall make players poof, in a gate, you can follow them, find their house. If a script miner, recall will make him get away easy, a gate take longer time and you can easy find his house.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's right, so then, charged gate books?
For miners, the problem lies not in the risk difference between poof and gate, but in scripting complexity due to warnings and cohesion, as well as the high magery req and manacost of the gate compared to poof. It's not that you can follow them, it's that it's hard to fully automatise AND keep the highest mine rate.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now scripting is not allowed, at least not unattented, so the gate warning may do something good here. Anything that make it hard to fully automatise a script are good as miners should be playing instead of scripting :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That makes it less miners and especially less easy prey.
Unattended scripting miners are no good for Siege. You do not need a scrip to do mining, you have 2 hands, one for the keyboard and one for the mouse and 2 eyes for the screen.
Also it is very hard to role play with a script miner, as he is not really there.

Candy Cane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apollyon, today a new player popped up in gen chat and was being welcomed to Siege. The new player was given advice, offered help and in general everyone was encouraging them to stay. You on the other hand who are always talking about don't be negative, and mean old vets told that new player "Yay its all fun till you get dry looted"

I think maybe you should think more before you speak and stop pointing fingers at other people. The old saying "Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, or If you have nothing nice to say SHUT UP"should be a rule you follow.

There thats my rant for the day, I feel so much better.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You're making mountains out of molehills. I've seen newbies quit after being killed and dry looted. Fun is always had at somebody else's expense. That said, I neither condone nor condemn the SP ruleset.

My philosophy is simple: no risk no reward. With risk often comes loss.

Maybe you're upset and emotional about something else, and are using this weak point to say what you truly want to? Do you have a crush on me? Don't worry, lots of women do, you're not the only one.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now Apollyon may not know better as I'm sure his attitude had got him killed and dry looted lots of times. Being a newbie with that attitude must have been hard.

A newbie, who are acting polite in Gen Chat or when killed and do not beg for expensive stuff, will not get dry looted unless the PK are very poor and really need his stuff.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've not been dry looted. Wrong Freja, although being wrong maybe more frequent and common to you?

Also stay on topic, what have you done lately to BRING IN new players to the shard? Anything? No....let's stay on topic.

This thread is about what PLAYERS can do, not developers, not anybody else, to increase the siege population.

Uvtha is incorrect. It is our responsibility as a shard to increase the shard population. The DEVs are not part of this conversation, at the moment.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have done a lot more than you, I don't need to prove that, that's facts.
Did Katt hit you again with that frying pan, you post a lot of nonsense

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Remember, this thread is about BRINGING IN new players, not "keeping them here".

Stay on topic Freja

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started paying attention to his posts and I see your viewpoint on ApollyonSP Freja.

Now I'm downright offended at your saying I'm starting to sound like him. I may have to get into PvP, and get really good at it so I can K'whack you upside the head for that insult... :twak:

Sheesh... :lol:

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
She was paying you the greatest compliment she could imagine, give her mountains of million gold checks

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Smiles to Tanivar* You know where to find me, when you are ready :)
Think my comment was meant as a wake up call :)

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's funny how Freja convinces herself that she speaks for or represents anybody else on SP except herself.....

No more derailing the thread, Freja. Go start your own threads. I'm sure you'll get 5 responses, at least

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This thread it self is a troll, I agree, it's not worth to keep bumping it up :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Smiles to Tanivar* You know where to find me, when you are ready :)
Think my comment was meant as a wake up call :)
Started training new skills this evening <evil grin> I intend the be the one to stagger away alive. :gee:

<sound ambitious don't I? :p>

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Started training new skills this evening <evil grin> I intend the be the one to stagger away alive. :gee:

<sound ambitious don't I? :p>
Look forward to it, you know I love a little dance :)

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ohhhhh, I get it now............this trolling attempting is your new tactic to entice new players to join SP! Good thinking, Tiny Tinker!!! You really had me fooled for a moment. I almost believed you were serious. But now I see your true strategy.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion its we just need more vendors simple fact is when a new player dies it takes way to long to get re equipped, hell for us veterans sometimes it can take way to long to get re equipped we need armor pieces of all shapes and sizes we need weapons all over jewels , mini arties, arties all this stuff can be very hard to obtain especially to a new comer

Also to all those that give new players things i don't think that's good either well let me rephrase i mean just give them stuff and leave them to there fates what new players need is people to hunt with so they may to get better items faster then they could by themselves

Ok Im done but i think to improve siege these basic simple things need to be taken care of first

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hercule of Trinsic was always a nice, but secretive fellow. The most
experienced blacksmiths preferred him to anyone else, earning him the
respect of young miners and the jealousy of his guildmates, and for a
reason: whenever it came to mining, Hercule was always a way ahead of
everyone. Where another would bring two hundred stones of ore, he
would bring four. Where one could only hope to find a vein of the
desired valorite, Hercule would always bring a plenty. Rumor had it
he turned his soul to Shadowlords, but what success doesn't attract
such gossips? Once, the glorious lord of distant village, whose name
has been lost, visited Trinsic, for he needed armor for a crusade, and
needed it quick, however, his blacksmiths ran out of ore. Having
visited an old friend of his, a rich and respectable smith, he heard
of Hercule's deeds, and decided to hire him. Wasting no more time, the
lord ran to the Miners Guild, hoping to contract the famous miner
immediately, only to find three times nine persons auctioning for the
next contract of Hercule. Even though it was a great luck for the
lord that the most of rich smiths weren't in town to take part in the
auction, village's treasury has got four times more empty this day.
But the contract was his by the right, and no one could deny it. The
same evening, contract's conditions were agreed upon: Hercule was to
mine ore one million worth of ingots, a hundred thousands of which was
required to be valorite ore, for lord's private guardsmen's armor,
over the course of just one week. The work was to start at the next
day morning. Upon learning about the contract, the miners were shocked
by the amount; many made bets for whether he will succeed or not, and
just for you to know - the most bets were in Hercule's favor. Before
the sunset, everyone in town knew about the amazing deal. At the
morning, the great miner headed off for the mountains - or so the
people of Trinsic thought. When Hercule got sure no one was around,
he took a book from his pack and opened it. But this was no ordinary
book. It was a runebook - a tool used by mighty mages to carve the
magic constants of the exact location in an ancient runic language -
to allow themselves, when channeling energy through the writing, to
transport to that place in a blink of an eye. Yes, Hercule was a
mage, but not the kind of a crummy wizard who spends nights in his
libraries and laboratories - he used his sorcery for succeeding at the
profession he admired since the childhood -the mining. He chanted
loudly: "Kal Ort Por!" - and made a weird pass. The runes started to
glow - and this instant, he was in a hidden cave, lost somewhere in
the land of Sosaria. It was pitch black in there, but Hercule marched
forward bravely. He approached a cave wall and reached for it with a
hand, searching for something in the darkness. A *clank* then could be
heard, indicating that he has finally found what he was looking for -
a hidden switch. Suddenly, a terrible, low-pitched roar shaked the
cave. Two scary, glowing blue lights emerged from an opened passage.
But Hercule moved right in their direction with his arms wide open.
"In Lor!" - he proclaimed, and embraced the enormous, giant dark-blue
monster like an old man would embrace his beloved dog. And the beetle
had returned this weird hug in kind. "Jackie!" - said Hercule. -
"Come 'ere, boy! Miss'd ye much all these two days, ol' friend!". He
searched his bag and pulled out two large hams, then fed them to the
happy Jackie. The beetle chewed the meat down in seconds, and stared
at its owner with relief and joy. The miner then replied to this
silent question: "Now, we don't have time to rot in tis stinky cave,
do we? Let's head out!". With these words, he mounted Jackie and
opened his book again. The fading "...Ort Por...t Por...or..." was
then going around the cave, but with no one to hear it anymore. And
somewhere else, in another secluded cave, Hercule was already looking
for the signs of the ore. The process required extreme attention and
precise tools; the beetle could also find the vein by its smell, but
to a lesser extent than its distant metallic relative. The Night Sight
spell allowed the miner to see everything as if in broad daylight.
Finally, he's found what he looked for, and started mining. The
process was long and tiring, but Hercule lived up to his name; also,
while being naturally strong and well trained, he used the spell to
make himself stronger, and even the toughest stone was giving up under
the hits of his pickaxe. In a few hours, he searched all the veins in
the cave and squeezed them dry. Hercule then decided to move on,
however, no matter how strong he was, all the unrefined ore he dug up
was too much for him to lift. Now, that's where Jackie comes to the
rescue, having been made tame a fifty years before for this exact
purpose by Hercule's friend, the fabled sir Hastings, the man who
lived with dragons - don't be impatient, I'll tell you a tale of his
adventures next night. So, the beetle helped Hercule to lift and
transport the ore. "How could Jackie lift the ore if it had no
hands?", you say? You would have known, Jimmy, that every blue beetle
has a large natural sack under its wings, and is capable of lifting
weights of more than hundred times its own mass, if you studied the
animal lore better instead of burning ants with a spying glass at your
naturalist classes with Legolas. Back then no one knew about blue
beetles' use - except Hercule, after whom all the miners started to
employ them as pack animals.
But let's return to the story. After Jackie was loaded with ore,
Hercule has opened his runebook again, and teleported back to the
cave with a hidden switch. There he unloaded and hid the ore, so that
his beetle won't tire. After taking a little meal, they then used the
runebook to transport to another unknown cave to continue the work.
Hercule and Jackie were then constantly jumping between their mining
sites, looking for veins, marking and mining them, and each time the
beetle's sack had gotten full, they emptied it at their hideout.
On the seventh day, Hercule was working in the cave by the Cove. The
order he had from the lord was almost completed - the last filling of
the beetle, and he could start moving the entire amount to Trinsic. He
mined more than two hundred thousand worth of ingots valorite ore -
something believed to be impossible among miners - his employer would
be more than pleased. But this was not destined to happen.
A stranger was riding by the cave. But that was no ordinary man - it
was a dread robber and murderer known for his extremely violent nature
- even his crewmates were afraid of him plucking their eyes out or
ripping their mouths wide. He had a bounty on his head in every town,
even at Buccaneers' Den, a city of outlaws and criminal scum. No one
knew his true name - everybody was calling him "Docent", for a reason
or deed unknown.
When he approached the cave entrance, Docent has heard the sounds of
the pickaxe. With the curiosity overwhelming him, he entered the dark
passage. Moving in the direction of the repeating sound, he reached a
room with our miner and the beetle. Docent did not know the Night
Sight spell, but he had enchanted glasses that allowed him to see the
pile of gems, which are sometimes found by miners in addition to the
ore. The greed overwhelmed him, and Docent started to approach the
miner with his eviscerator ready.
Now, you say: "Hercule must have heard Docent, and he was a mage! He
could have grabbed Jackie and teleport away!". While this would be
right for any other mage, it was not so for Hercule, Mary. And no,
Jimmy, he couldn't blast the Docent with fire or summon a purple llama
to kill him either... Where did you even hear about such nonsense?
I'll talk to your magery basics tutor about that.
So, Hercule could not fight or run away. But not because he could not
notice Docent - who has been moving loud enough, and was even attacked
by the beetle. You see, Hercule loved mining, ever since his
childhood, and loved it so much that, when mining, he couldn't think
of something else. He didn't hear or see anything except
his pickaxe, the rock and the ore. That's why he always chose hidden,
unknown and secluded caves for mining. But this day, his choice has
failed him for the first and the last time.
Docent broke the beetle's legs and approached Hercule. Meeting no
resistance, he eviscerated the glorious miner. Even with his guts
lying out on the dirty cave floor, Hercule held the pickaxe tight and
continued to try to hit the rock with it until he bled out. Docent
then ripped off his hands to free them of jewelry and masterpiece
chainmail gloves, collected the gems scattered on the floor and exited
the cave, having no need of unrefined ore. He did not finish the
beetle off, having pleasure of leaving the helpless animal to suffer
death from starvation. Rumor has it that an unknown adventurer has
found and healed Jackie, and, once the pet of the greatest miner, this
bug was passed to the children of its new owner, and from them to
their children and so on, having lived to the day present.
The lord, who has not recieved the ore next day, was first enraged,
but then calmed down and sent his men to search for Hercule. All of
the town smiths and even the mayor have helped him, not wishing to
lose one of the most honored citizens of Trinsic.
The contract, of course, was refunded fully.
After two months, the remains of Hercule were found. His diary was on
the body, along with the list of the ore and gems he dug out before
his death. The rumors about a hidden cave with giant piles of valorite
ore and gems spread quickly and attracted a lot of treasure hunters
eager to search for it and claim the riches, but no one of them has suceeded.
Who knows, maybe you will find it someday, but you will need to learn a
lot about mining and caves, so listen carefully to the old sir Japp at
the mineral studies tomorrow. He was rewarded with a large piece of
land for his discoveries in geology and mining, and his
great-grandfather worked with the mighty Hercule himself.
Oh, it's so late already, time to sleep! If you don't sleep now, then
I won't tell you a story of the fabled sir Hastings, the man who lived
with dragons, tomorrow.
Good night, children!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion its we just need more vendors simple fact is when a new player dies it takes way to long to get re equipped, hell for us veterans sometimes it can take way to long to get re equipped we need armor pieces of all shapes and sizes we need weapons all over jewels , mini arties, arties all this stuff can be very hard to obtain especially to a new comer
The main problem with this is it ties up a fortune in materials & time that sits on vendors until they run out of money from their fees and are a clear gold sink. I took down my vendors because to little was selling and I was losing gold. There just are not enough customers.

What would be armor suits that would sell often? What types and what features? What weapon types and features? What srties? Crafters need to sell items that don't sit forever and a day. Crafters who pay more in vendor fees than they make selling stuff don't stay in business long.

I'm very pro crafting but there's not enough business here on Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main problem with this is it ties up a fortune in materials & time that sits on vendors until they run out of money from their fees and are a clear gold sink. I took down my vendors because to little was selling and I was losing gold. There just are not enough customers.

What would be armor suits that would sell often? What types and what features? What weapon types and features? What srties? Crafters need to sell items that don't sit forever and a day. Crafters who pay more in vendor fees than they make selling stuff don't stay in business long.

I'm very pro crafting but there's not enough business here on Siege.
Yeah, I mean you can't really run a crafted equippables vendor. Making high end stuff is too expensive and too diverse to do anything but take orders, and crappy suits have a hard time comparing to looted junk. I mean would even a noob buy an all 70's 100lrc suit now a days? You could probably make a decent suit killing ettins in a day. As for weapons there are 100 different weapon mod sets desired, you just can't know what stats a person will be looking for. The odds that you can consistently guess correctly and make weapons that people will consistently buy is tiny.

Though, I'm sure there's a market out there for deco and consumables not being adequately supplied. Also more crappy loot suit vendors would probably be a good thing.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know its kinda of a catch 22 new players need suits from the crafters and cant easily find them unless they are on vendors but vendor fees and the low population makes it hard for crafters to keep their vendors open but how do new players easily find gear if its not on vendors

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Make one vendor for all crafters. Keep the list to divide the income. Divide the contract cost between all the partners. Thats for cheap lrc for noobs like me (lrc suit is the only costly thing on my body, xD).

For those who did not understand my last post, it's a tale of Hercule, a legendary miner from Trinsic. It illustrates how to roleplay with a script miner, "who isn't really here".

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It seems that nobody is interested in "BRINGING IN" new players, but are instead focused on trying to help new players, once they are already here.....

The thread is derailed.

However, I like that idea about stocking vendors specifically for newbies. I plan to do this as soon as I can. Perhaps after the 2015 Luna House Design contest is completed, I will introduce some n00b vendors at the Luna Imperial Plaza. This will help the shard.

Talk is cheap.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that nobody is interested in "BRINGING IN" new players, but are instead focused on trying to help new players, once they are already here.....

The thread is derailed.

However, I like that idea about stocking vendors specifically for newbies. I plan to do this as soon as I can. Perhaps after the 2015 Luna House Design contest is completed, I will introduce some n00b vendors at the Luna Imperial Plaza. This will help the shard.

Talk is cheap.
Cuase there aren't many if any players to draw in. People who play prodo already know all about siege. They either play here full time, part time, or don't want to play under this ruleset. A lot of the players who move here full time are just tired of prodo shards, so it's just a matter of time. We can help make the shard nice for people who do show up, thats something we actually can have a tangible effect on.

Subs are at an all time low gamewide. That's just how it is.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So no one liked my bedtime tale? :(
Oops. internet attention span. *reads*. Nice! Really used the "little grey cells" on it eh? ;) My favorite part was when Jackie ate the hams.

Copy/Paste it it in a UO book! We can always use more good in game in character stories.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I guess I'll start posting bedtime stories collection in a separate thread. Next is Hasting's story (sorry, I'm bad when it comes to names).
Actually, Jackie has been passed down to Marisa Kirisame on Siege, and she can giift him to someone else. This beetle knew the great Hercule, a famous miner of the old days, and can be used at events associated with mining profession.

The original meaning of the story was that of how you could roleplay even with a scripting miner if you wanted to - which, in this imaginary case, a russian PK Docent did to a multiple-account player who named his characters Hercule, Hastings and Japp.