• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Repopulate Siege Perilous Campaign

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I like Siege Perilous as it is, but who is opposed to positive and beneficial changes?

Whether SP has only me playing, or 1000 active online subscriptions, really doesn't matter to me in the end. However I have played solo for awhile. Now it's time for something different. Let's see what SP is like with 1000 active subscriptions. Would a larger population enjoy and support SP? The answer is obviously yes. Lots of people would love SP, if they knew more about the shard. Because SP is closest to original Ultima Online, as UO was originally meant to be played and enjoyed.

This thread is for POSITIVE THINKING ONLY, NO DISAGREEMENT. If you want disagreement, naysaying, negative attitude, the GTFO and go troll another thread. This thread is only for those who want to experience SP with 1000 active online players. Let's see what SP is like with ATL high-population traffic.

I have unwavering faith, conviction, and certainty that 1000 active players will enjoy SP as I do. There's no reason for them not to. Just about everybody wins, except trolls and naysayers, who hate every change that occurs, even when it benefits them.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How can SP become repopulated?

The answer is simple and common sense. Everybody knows this. The current, active members of SP, need to get personal family and friends involved. Share the fun. Games are more fun when you play them with people you know. Tell people about UO, and SP shard specifically. Tell them that no game has since been able to replicated the 'magic' of original ultima online. Where there is risk, there is reward. A lot of games forget this simple factor and equation. They make games too easy, simple, and stupid, today. No risk, no reward. In SP there is a lot of risk. You die, you lose your gear (sometimes). We need a thriving PVP and PK population. If you get murdered then chances are high you'll get dry-looted and mocked. Other games don't do this, because they cater to infantile children. Infantile children don't understand the basic "Risk and Reward" equation. They play child's games where if you die, nothing bad happens. No risk, no reward. They don't get your heart pumping and adrenaline going. They don't teach real lessons of loss and gain.

Ultima Online still has this. And this is Siege Perilous, the best shard, hands down. The debates and arguments are ended. The naysayers are silenced and will continue to be speechless.

Other than personal friends and family, who else needs to be recruited to SP? Players from other shards. Let's face the music. Ultima Online has been rolling downhill, "over the hill", past its prime. But let's reinvigorate the game with new momentum and experience. Let's cause a mass exodus. Depopulate all the other shards, move everybody, and I mean *EVERYBODY* to Siege Perilous. Move their gear, accounts, subscriptions, everything and everybody. Some carebear Trammies don't like this and want to stay in their delusional carebear land??? Too bad for them. They're going to have to deal with it. If we lose a few subscriptions, that nobody honestly cares about, then does it matter? No, we can afford a few unhappy customers. Not everybody will be pleased with these changes. But the majority will be. And the new players will be.

So your friends and family are now playing SP, the other shards are ghost towns, everybody is moving to SP, what next?

Well let me tell you what's next! Next we appeal to new and old players who ended their subscriptions. Let's let the oldest veterans of UO know that the "old magic" has returned. And new players should check the revamped game out. It's going to be awesome. UO still cannot be replicated by any other game. Because other games and developers are mentally deficient. They don't understand games and gaming, because they don't understand the basic "RISK AND REWARD" pricinple. And that is the essence of SP, in my personal opinion. Remember, everybody is entitled to their own opinions. You can't change my opinion. It's literally impossible. You're entitled to your own opinions. Let's agree to disagree on this point.

New players will love SP and UO for the classical reasons. It is open environment, sandbox MMORPG. Risk and Reward. Lots of player driven content. And custom housing!!! A customizable world. People love customization, just look at Minecraft. A good game indeed, yes, but still mediocre compared to SP. SP should respect a few of the other dominant MMOs. We can use their ideas, against them.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some carebear Trammies don't like this and want to stay in their delusional carebear land???
Talk like that will not be a good way to attract others to Siege. But then again, if you had been here recruiting for the shard longer than the last few months, you'd understand this.

To get more people to Siege, you need to come up with a marketing campaign. A campaign that first and foremost finds a problem on the production shards that only Siege Perilous can provide the solution to.

Trash talking someone's chosen playstyle will not attract anyone here, all it will do is give them an even worse idea of who plays here and more reason to stay where they are...la

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Talk like that will not be a good way to attract others to Siege. But then again, if you had been here recruiting for the shard longer than the last few months, you'd understand this.

To get more people to Siege, you need to come up with a marketing campaign. A campaign that first and foremost finds a problem on the production shards that only Siege Perilous can provide the solution to.

Trash talking someone's chosen playstyle will not attract anyone here, all it will do is give them an even worse idea of who plays here and more reason to stay where they are...la
That's a great point and I agree with you 1000000000000000000000%.

You will be the Marketing Exec for this campaign. After the DEVs secure me a six-figure salary, I will dictate to them to assign you a solid yearly earning as well.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I made an attempt at siege couple months ago couldn't handle how it felt like there's only 20-30 people who play it all good people makes me feel to safe I'd play if there was more for sure!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have felt there are only 20-30, I'd be surprised if it's that high. Siege definitely needs an influx of players, but then again, so do most shards...la

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made an attempt at siege couple months ago couldn't handle how it felt like there's only 20-30 people who play it all good people makes me feel to safe I'd play if there was more for sure!
Don't worry, a year from now, the only shard online will be Siege Perilous!!!

Things will change, FAITH IN SP! *Roman Salute*

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have felt there are only 20-30, I'd be surprised if it's that high. Siege definitely needs an influx of players, but then again, so do most shards...la

We definitely need an influx of players, but I know the entire shard did not come to the white net toss a couple weekends ago. Freja took note of names of players that showed up and posted them in the white net toss thread. I believe the count was 35! :saberduel:

Last edited:

Ultimaholic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
While I have played Siege alot in the past,I have always wondered. Why does SP have whacked out rules? Why didn`t they stick with symplicity and just do a no Tram ruleset and no insurance. IMHO Half of the rules that make/made SP unique is also responsible for crippling it. I think people would have been alot more inclined to stay if it were simply a copy of prodo but without Tram/Bless or Insurance.

1 char? C`mon.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 char? C`mon.
To be honest, I used to love the one character per account rule. It is what the community was built on. There weren't that many that had multiple accounts so everyone knew what type of character was approaching them. Crafters were plentiful and PvPers were always shopping to replenish their warehouses of armor and weapons.

What hurt that rule the most? I'd say two things...the shard population got older. We could actually afford to have multiple accounts...so we did. The other thing is soul stones. You can now have one account, but play just about any template you want. It has really destroyed what once was a thriving and unhindered economy.

Now nobody needs anyone else to play, no matter what you need, you just switch around your template and get them yourself...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
While I have played Siege alot in the past,I have always wondered. Why does SP have whacked out rules? Why didn`t they stick with symplicity and just do a no Tram ruleset and no insurance. IMHO Half of the rules that make/made SP unique is also responsible for crippling it. I think people would have been alot more inclined to stay if it were simply a copy of prodo but without Tram/Bless or Insurance.

1 char? C`mon.
I agree, rules like 1 char, no recall do more damage than good for the shard. I had seen so many go back to old shard to try new templates and never come back. Yes we do have soul stones, but it is annoying to switch template all the time. Tina Tink would not know how to handle a bow and Freja would not want to do crafting. It's a RP game and players should be allowed to play different roles, also the ones who can't afford more than one account.
I think I would keep most other rules.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, rules like 1 char, no recall do more damage than good for the shard.
Bah. Those rules only make Siege more unique. It makes someone actually think out their template if they don't want to use soul stones. I think if more people pushed this as a positive than a negative, it could be the one thing Siege has that no other shard has...la

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RoT needs to get removed. While it was great for training crafting because less resources are needed for training, it's a serious drag on training combat skills. People who can only play UO a few hours at a time a few times a week are prevented from getting their skills fully trained anytime soon, and likely wander back to a prodo shard.

Ever wonder how many of the houses all over the place would fall if we had to refresh them once a week?

We do not need a thriving PKer population to drive away those not into paying $13 a month to be fun for others (PKers), and since they lack a pair noticable enough to fight someone they might loose to, the best they might be is sheep for the PvPers until they also leave Siege because getting continually killed and looted gets old when it's them being killed.

More group shard events would draw people here. Draw people to Siege because there's often something involving groups of people going on.

Have Recall start working here unless you've been targeted by a player so traveling around the shard is faster.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever wonder how many of the houses all over the place would fall if we had to refresh them once a week?
A lot, but I've pretty much been told to shut up on this topic. The older players have made the call when weren't here, so we must accept their poor choice...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have Recall start working here unless you've been targeted by a player so traveling around the shard is faster.
Bah, get everyone walking around and there will be more interaction. That's what the shard needs, not another easy button...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
RoT needs to get removed.
RoT is no problem, it's so much easier to get pink scrolls now and RoT is not that slow, just play the game instead of logging out waiting for a gain.
I made a second template for Freja not long ago, fencer, ninja, poison, it was not a problem at all
I have done fishing, imbuing and other skills too, with fishing, the only problem was to get that damn 120 scroll, not to get the skills. RoT need to stay, most of us love it

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We do not need a thriving PKer population to drive away those not into paying $13 a month to be fun for others (PKers), and since they lack a pair noticable enough to fight someone they might loose to, the best they might be is sheep for the PvPers until they also leave Siege because getting continually killed and looted gets old when it's them being killed.
Damn, wonder if you ever get to enjoy the spicy game we have on Siege Is this how you see Siege
?

This below, is from my guild page but it is very much what Siege is about.

Oh, you don't want to play our game, sorry, but we do play in same game, and if we ask you for money or your life, you must play with us in our game. You have a lot of choice, just use your head and try to make it to your game too. Pay, run, fight or speak, that's your choice.

To play on Siege, you need to know how to survive. Yes you may die but if it make you give up, you forget to try to make it to your game too and find ways to deal with the PK's and there are many ways, also peaceful ways.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, wonder if you ever get to enjoy the spicy game we have on Siege Is this how you see Siege
?
It's how it would be with a large PKer crowd. I suspect if it became to much like this, there would be people leaving for Tram.

Oh, you don't want to play our game, sorry, but we do play in same game, and if we ask you for money or your life, you must play with us in our game.
This is that attitude of Siege veterans that people speak of when they criticize Siege Freja. No it isn't the 'same' game Freja. The game on Siege isn't what the 'population' of Siege wants, it's what YOU (vets) say it is. So it can't be our game on Siege Freja, it can only be your and the other vets game. Tough tadpoles for the rest of us on Siege.

That is why Tram wound up being created and why so few play on Siege today. That PKer attitude. Why so few non=wolves walk Siege. Until non-wolves can have fun a lot of the time here, they won't come and stay.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

1 char? C`mon.
Agree 100%

IMO its the niche and novelty nature of Siege which limits it, specifically the single char limit, this prevents it from being a proper alternative to prodo.

The devs know Siege is a shard that people from prodo play for a few weeks when they are bored, this is why they brought in the ability to have a house on prodo and Siege at the same time, they realise that Siege is too limited for most to be able to play 100% of the time.

I would prefer to only play on Siege, Ive been away from UO for many years but I continued to pay sub to keep my house on Siege, I had no house on Europa because back then you had to choose between house on Siege or prodo, when I came back last year I played Siege exclusively, but more and more I began to find I cannot really do all the things I want to do in the game without more chars, the new house rules meant I could now also have a house on Europa, since placing there I found myself going to Europa more and more, its got nothing to do with me being a "trammy" or anything like that, its about being able to play more of the game.

The current limits on Siege clip its wings and doom it to being a poor relation, how many people have you seen active on Siege for about 3-4 months(long enough to max a char and have some fun) then you hardly see again?
I'm worried I'm now becoming one of them :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is that attitude of Siege veterans that people speak of when they criticize Siege Freja.
Now you start to sound like Apollyon

That is why Tram wound up being created and why so few play on Siege today. That PKer attitude. Why so few non=wolves walk Siege. Until non-wolves can have fun a lot of the time here, they won't come and stay.
Siege was never meant to be for all, it was meant for the ones, who wanted a little more challenge, that be from PvP or from rules that force players to trade with each others instead of npc's.

I don't thing the fear for Siege getting lots of reds is real, it looks like the few reds we have are going blue or staying red only for the RP part of being red. There are alot advantages from being blue and VvV seem to work too.

The first year of Siege, almost half of the Siege players was red. It was a great time with lots of actions and lots of Evil RP and yes, there was some reds too, who would try to kill everyone, but they got alot of enemies. I had more than once seen the whole shard, red and blue guilds allie against one trouble red guild to kick them of the shard.
Having half of the shard red, did not mean all was going to kill and loot you, we had Orc, Pirates, Undeads, Vampires, Brigands, Indians and several others. Most of them did care about their victims.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I actually like RoT in that it makes it unrequired to grind skills massively, such as costly stuff like crafting or boring stuff like taming, where on prodo shards you would tame-release-kill for days, for about 0.1 gain per hour at higher skill, becoming a threat to the ecosystem. So it's actually easier and cheaper to train here.
Single character, perhaps, is what makes this shard so special, and it's nice. Makes everyone not feel unrequired.
Lack of recall is a bit bad though: this is exactly what makes mining grinds harder -> less miners -> less food for PKs. And it's not even that recall is easier than gate in terms of skill and mana: it's that with gate making a full-auto script is a lot harder (for those not experienced in scripting, of course) and less foolproof (lack of cohesion and gate warnings).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The current limits on Siege clip its wings and doom it to being a poor relation, how many people have you seen active on Siege for about 3-4 months(long enough to max a char and have some fun) then you hardly see again?
I'm worried I'm now becoming one of them
You know, I think there are probably a dozen little tweaks you could perform on the ruleset to try and lure prodoshard players, but I think, really, in the end you either like risk or you don't. I think a lot of people like it in small doses. It's like hardcore mode on Diablo. I bet lots of people try it, but very few consider that mode their main game, it's just a vacation. I think that's just how it is with siege.

From my prospective:
  • Extra characters: Fine. Everyone already has alts, very few crafters run shops and IMO imbuing is basically something you need to be able to do yourself on a shard like this. It's too specialized to expect someone else to do it for you on a regular basis, and with itemization the way it is, it's too hard to be competitive without imbuing. The real problem there is that the itemization model is not designed to incorporate regular loss. It's designed around permanence. I think this is actually an issue that seriously impacts enjoyment of this shard. But we won't get our own itemization, so might as well let peeps imbue without having to sacrifice what they actually WANT to be doing.
  • Removal of RoT: Horrible. I can take the time investment. I cannot take the grind. It simply makes me not want to play. This chance would make pinks and blues basically a necessity, not an option. I simply could not go back to the old skill gain system for skills like taming or discord or any of the other absurdly repetitive and difficult to train skills.
  • Recall: Bad or Fine. If you make the casting time the same as gate, I'm fine with Recall/SJ. If not, I am not fine with it. Travel ease, fine. Quick escapes, not fine. The days of woodland player interaction are simply dead, so whatever.
My perspective aside, making all 3 changes wouldn't break siege. Siege has already been broken for a while, so no big deal. Though I really don't think it would impact the population very dramatically. Like I said you are either a person who enjoys risk or a person who doesn't. Neither are good or bad, but they are distinct.

I think there is only one major change that could be made that would ruin the shard on the spot, and that would be Insurance. Siege is risk. Remove the risk, the spirit of the shard dies.

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
About Recall, it was left out, so players not easy could fly from PvP, but a 10 sec delay, where you would fail if interrupted would solve the easy escape problem and stil allow traviling via recall.

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you allow extra char then the demand for crafters is as good as halved or quartered. It's a bad idea, it will lower player interaction.
But recall should be allowed outside of pvp for easier travel for miners. Also should somehow lure those new to ultima here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you allow extra char then the demand for crafters is as good as halved or quartered. It's a bad idea, it will lower player interaction.
I don't think it will, as crafting getting more and more complicated and time eating. I believe we would see more real crafters as they do not have to switch skill all the time.
I believe a crafter would have more chars but still crafters and gatheres. You would see more stocked vendors but that's not bad.

If a PvP'er can find his new suit on a vendor, he won't use time to do crafting unless he need a very expensive power suit, in that case, he will try to make it cheaper from making it him self or find resources and find a crafter, who will make it.

It is very annoying to switch skill all the time, Tina Tink is a multi crafter, but I rarely go fishing, lumbering, mining, make furnitures as I would have to switcs skills.

A PvP'er, would just make a few more PvP/PvM chars, if he do not do crafting now, more shards won't make him do it now, just like more chars won't make a pure crafter start doing PvM or PvP.

More chars do not give you more playtime. Many Siege players already do have several accounts or alot soulstones, so it won't changes much, other than for the poor guy, who only can afford one char and a few soulstones.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
More chars allow you to do many more varied things, yes, you could run several accounts and buy loads of soul stones to circumvent the siege rules on chars, or you could just save a ton of money and make that char on a prod shard.

If people are currently doing the former thing rather than the latter, this action in itself surely states that what they actually want is multiple chars on Siege?

If people are currently doing the former thing rather than the latter, this makes the 1 char limit pointless anyway surely?

EA presumably make a reasonable amount of money from soulstone token sales to Siege players, also in extra monthly subs from players who run many accounts in order to have many chars on Siege, if losing this would badly affect their profits, that's fair enough, I want UO to remain viable and to last many years so I'm all for that.

I'm not suggesting giving us the normal char limit will suddenly revive Siege, but I think it would then be a proper alternative to tram shards.

Whenever there is an EM event on Siege players appear from nowhere, suddenly you see many players that you rarely see, where are these players at all other times?
They obviously all still have UO subs running, the only conclusion can be that they play on prod shards the other 90% of the time, why?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whenever there is an EM event on Siege players appear from nowhere, suddenly you see many players that you rarely see, where are these players at all other times?
They obviously all still have UO subs running, the only conclusion can be that they play on prod shards the other 90% of the time, why?
I don't think these people show up just out of nowhere. They are around but the reason you don't see them normally is that Siege has soooo much landmass that it becomes virtually impossible to accidentally run into someone out in the wilderness. People are around doing stuff all day by themselves or with their guild. Most people don't use gen chat be it because they don't want to give away their position or because they simply don't care or are busy with their guild. I know I rarely speak in gen chat because most of the time I simply don't feel like it.
I think the number of people you see at events really shows you how many people actually are playing on this shard. Sure there's always a great number of people who can't attend the event for whatever reason. But I don't belive that most people only log in for events on Siege and play on trammel shards the entirety of the rest of their time.

As always: just cause you can't see (or hear/read) them doesn't mean they aren't there.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That´s one of the downsides with General Chat.
It has now become the norm to think that if a player isn´t seen in GC, he/she doesn´t play on Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But recall should be allowed outside of pvp for easier travel for miners. Also should somehow lure those new to ultima here.
Soulstones + alt accounts already cooked that facet of economic interaction. The one character element died years ago. Plus you can't really do any general imbuing because everyone wants specific stats to match their templates, and other crafted items generally are only worth putting on a vendor if you simply enjoy providing people with things, because there is no profit in chairs, fishsteaks, and unimbued equipables when you can easily make 50k an hour killing junk monsters.

But hey, who knows, maybe if you gave people more slots a few more peeps who have shops just for the fun of it will appear and there will be more than 1 or 2 stocked vendors, and those few of us without crafting skills won't have to spam g-chat to get 10 exceptional unimbued broadswords made. :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But recall should be allowed outside of pvp for easier travel for miners.
It makes it harder for everyone not just miners. That said, it seems to help keep the number of resource scripters to a smaller percentage compared to the production shards. Adding recall would just give fewer reasons for any player interaction. Besides, I doubt the lack of recall is the primary reason players don't come to Siege.

Siege has garnered a bad rap over the years. Primarily due to the rampant player killing that used to take place. Newbies would show up and would get killed within minutes, dry looted and laughed at. While that doesn't happen any more, it's something that has stuck in the minds of many of the remaining UO players. That is the main thought process we need to change...la

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Trust me, extra chars will make crafters 3/4 less demanded. On the freeshard I was playing at, literally everyone had two extra chars that could mine, chop and craft whatever the main char needed. It's not that hard. While here creating extra accts costs money for subscription.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who needs multiple accounts? Only those who want multiple houses. I have 30 soul stones sitting in my bank with just about every skill available. All it takes is a couple of minutes and I can go from full thief mode to crafter and back...la

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me, extra chars will make crafters 3/4 less demanded. On the freeshard I was playing at, literally everyone had two extra chars that could mine, chop and craft whatever the main char needed. It's not that hard. While here creating extra accts costs money for subscription.
Point is that demand is already gone, people already make their own stuff. People will still have alts for houses. It's the ss buying that would take a hit.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You forget, we love houses. I have 6 active accounts but only play 2 of the chars each week, I do have skills on the others but Freja and Tina Tink is my main chars. I do have a tamer Red Rose and an alchemist/scriber Rosalia, but I rarely use them
If I got more chars on an account, I don't really think I would play much more chars. I got the chars to hold 2 houses for TDO, 2 houses for NEW2, now used for community houses and 2 houses for me

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh ****, six, six ****ing accounts! Just how much is that for subscription! And the bloody economical crisis out there, wasting money like that, I wish I had this extra. I'm Russian and affording six chars would be hard if EA would raise their exchange rate.
Wash me mouth with soap.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You forget, we love houses. I have 6 active accounts but only play 2 of the chars each week, I do have skills on the others but Freja and Tina Tink is my main chars. I do have a tamer Red Rose and an alchemist/scriber Rosalia, but I rarely use them
If I got more chars on an account, I don't really think I would play much more chars. I got the chars to hold 2 houses for TDO, 2 houses for NEW2, now used for community houses and 2 houses for me
Which one of those accts keeps that commodity vendor full of fish ? :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ****, six, six ******* accounts! Just how much is that for subscription! And the bloody economical crisis out there, wasting money like that, I wish I had this extra. I'm Russian and affording six chars would be hard if EA would raise their exchange rate.
Wash me mouth with soap.
Theres a lady who posts on Uhall who has 50+. No joke.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Which one of those accts keeps that commodity vendor full of fish ? :p
Freja run the fish vendor but she do not fill it with fish. That vendor do the work himself and do make a little money too. It's most meant as a service to help fishermen.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
These are all great responses.

But what can people do immediately, right now, to enhance and reinforce the SP population? I'm planning on going to other shards and recruiting there, convince them to switch shards to SP.....this would be a quick method. But other methods will be necessary.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a post from someone who is transitioning to Siege and my thoughts as a new comer.. what I have liked and what I dislike...

Transportation: I like that you can't recall or sacred journey around and that its limited to gate. Allowing runebooks to use gate scrolls sounds like a good compromise.

Dislike Crystal Porters taking people into town.... Doesn't feel right, I can see transport to the moongate and then walking into town. Transport directly to the mint doesn't feel "Siege". This is esp true if a VvV battle is ongoing you should be limited to the moongate since all other magic transport is blocked.

I like ROT but think since its an advanced player shard allow people to create characters as if they were made with an Advanced Character token, so slower top end gains but eliminate the grind up to 70 so people can begin playing right away. Most of the people that will come are vets, missing days past etc.

Support the primary house or refresh because it would improve community by eliminating wasted space and create more interaction. If it can't be done it can't be done but it would be beneficial.

Instead of changing stealth - increase Siege blessing to 2 items and then if a character has 50 or more in stealth, hiding, ninjitsu or magery you get 1 (all skills that greatly benefit hiding or escaping). Encourage templates that are visible and less able to flee or hide.

Allow a true secondary character, can't be scrolled... so max gm in any skill and 230 stats (based on account age) but allows you to do repairs, make some items, lower end imbuing, etc that its just a pain to ask others to constantly take care of... or on the other end allows someone to make a highly valuable legendary crafter with the primary and have a lower end character for events, pvm, pvp etc. This also makes siege more accessible to people without tons of money to invest in soulstones, or multiple accounts. Also doesn't take away from people who have already invested in an account with soulstones because they can be legendary at everything :)

Allow Character transfer with no items, arrives like a newly created character and 20% skill loss. Can only transfer if no character exists on the shard.

Eliminate blessing on items outside the basic vet rewards, newbie things, etc. Siege should be a difficult land but one where the footing is equally difficult.

Add a new spellweave spell called Fairie Fire, area effect that targets people and prevents hiding for a duration based on spellweave skill and focus crystal... can be removed by apples, remove curse, etc. There needs to be a proactive way to stop hiding rather then just a reactive response. Fairie fire is a common spell in fantasy gaming and its theme fits best with spellweaving.

-Lore's Player

*Edited* forgot to mention VvV artifacts... add them to siege BUT 10k silver, and poof upon death. a one life item.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hmmm, not sure I like most of this ideas.

Allowing runebooks to use gate scrolls sounds like a good compromise.
This I like, special if we also lower the magery needed to use gate scrolls to 0 magery, maybe you will fizzle a few times, but some magery on jewelry and/or a spellbook will increase the success to cast the spell. With allow gatescroll in runebook, you do add a new blessing of gate scroll, not sure if all like that.

Instead of changing stealth - increase Siege blessing to 2 items and then if a character has 50 or more in stealth, hiding, ninjitsu or magery you get 1 (all skills that greatly benefit hiding or escaping). Encourage templates that are visible and less able to flee or hide.
Not sure I understand this right. Do you mean, they can trade this skill points with an extra Blessing or do you you mean, if they have this skills, they only get one Siege Bless, where they would get 2 without this skills?

Allow a true secondary character, can't be scrolled... so max gm in any skill and 230 stats
While I like this, I believe it will be to complicated to code special for Siege.

Allow Character transfer with no items, arrives like a newly created character and 20% skill loss. Can only transfer if no character exists on the shard.
I believe it should be 35% skill lose and they keep their scroll points or they get 17% skill lose and lose their PS point and have to get new scrolls.

Eliminate blessing on items outside the basic vet rewards, newbie things, etc. Siege should be a difficult land but one where the footing is equally difficult.
There are spellbooks, runebooks, deco items from gifts etc., I don't really see a need to unbless them and it won't make more join Siege. With items, that effect PvP, it's ok.

Add a new spellweave spell called Fairie Fire
Don't like that as that will hurt the balance as only one skill get that advantage. I rather saw a potion, you could cast on a player, to make him light up as fluorescent for x sec. That would give work and business to the Alchemists and be useful for all.

forgot to mention VvV artifacts... add them to siege BUT 10k silver, and poof upon death. a one life item.
Don't like that, it will make hate between players and not add fun to PvP. Better keep this artifacts off Siege.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Freja, how will you bring in 10 new players to SP over the course of 3 months?

Forget about changing the game, what can YOU do personally?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sure I do that already from my posting here.
I fear you have to live with my opinion, if I don't agree with something posted and don't feel it is good for Siege, I will post my opinion.
Because I don't agree with something, it do not mean it is a bad idea. If several disagree, it may be a bad idea.

Now stop blaming others for what they do or not do, just do something your self. I do not keep count of who I bring here and a new player on Siege are good for the shard, no matter who did bring him/her here.

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You ignored the question.

Maybe you should find a different thread? This thread is for people who will bring in new players to SP.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did not ignore the question, you asked "Freja, how will you bring in 10 new players to SP over the course of 3 months?"
I told you, my posting on this forum will do the trick, my signature and my comments in thread on UHall will easy draw 10 new players to SP over the course of 3 months.
Anyway, I don't care if you feel I do enough or do the right thing. I do not care what you feel at all, as I do not respect you or like you.

Last edited: