• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove the "reuse skill" timer on Detect Hidden

Remove the "reuse skill" timer for the Detect Hidden skill?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got here right before the faction arties and i will say the population was still **** then.

Faction arties may have ran of a few people, but in my personal opinion the faction arties were not a bad idea. It allowed me to more speedily reduce the gap between the veterans and myself.

How do you expect new people to come start from scratch and be able to purchase the pvp modded items before some one like soulweaver, kage or diablo or any established players with a nice bank account? They couldnt.
I mean sure one could kill dragons for leather or do cloth, but still they wouldnt be able to finacially keep up with the item based side of ultima online. Faction artifacts changed this.

If they did remove faction artifacts i the same people are going to be dominant in pvp.

Everyone can join factions just like everyone can run a stealth template. Faction artifacts are overpowered just like hide stealth is overpowered.

No amount of yes they ares or no they arent is gonna change my or your opinion of the situation.
Someone just starting out on siege is not suppose to be able to keep up with the vets right away. The gap isn't just between the vets and new players, it's between the faction vets and the non faction vets. But thank you for at least being honest and admitting that the faction arties are overpowered, it's more than some selfish people are willing to admit. And I will admit that stealth when combined with smoke bombs and or taming is overpowered. I will also announce that i use neither taming or smoke bombs.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone just starting out on siege is not suppose to be able to keep up with the vets right away.
That's hilarious. A couple years ago before "faction arties," 2 guys came over to Siege... Jaster and Gloria.

With-in one month they were stomping most players on this shard and keeping up with vets.

It's called not being horrible at this game.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's hilarious. A couple years ago before "faction arties," 2 guys came over to Siege... Jaster and Gloria.

With-in one month they were stomping most players on this shard and keeping up with vets.

It's called not being horrible at this game.
I often wonder if that's really you in your avatar.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Lower Faction Silver Costs
2. Boosting Monster Loot
3. Addressing the stealth problem
4. Boosting drops for crafting ingredients (peerless/imbuing)
5. Addressing the faction rune problem
6. Left over [Blessed] Event items

That's a pretty good summary of the changes this community wants the Devs to cover in their "big fix."
That's a pretty good summary of the changes you want fixed. Don't claim to speak for the community.
Plenty people in the community are saying scrap faction artis. Others are saying keep the price as it is.
And the so called stealth "problem" is a problem to you, not to most from what I have read here. There was plenty of advice on how to deal with stealthers. Take some of it.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was plenty of advice on how to deal with stealthers. Take some of it.
Wern't you challenged to find and kill someone with stealth/hide using the current methods? Why don't you make an example of us and do it?

S

Sunchicken

That's a pretty good summary of the changes you want fixed. Don't claim to speak for the community.
Plenty people in the community are saying scrap faction artis. Others are saying keep the price as it is.
And the so called stealth "problem" is a problem to you, not to most from what I have read here. There was plenty of advice on how to deal with stealthers. Take some of it.[/QUOTE]

JESUS CHRIST!!!

How can anyone not see that only using 83% of skills to cap and getting full benifits is over powered.

Look i know the game and the ways that are avalible to reveal stealthers. That doesnt change the fact that you get entirely to much benifit for the amount of skill invested.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys can't kill a stealther with a necromancer then i truly feel sorry for you all.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see the caliber of your credibility John.

For everyone who opposed passive detect, welcome to being bad at this game and not knowing how to play.
For everyone asking for passive detect, welcome to being bad at this game and not knowing how to play.
Telling the best player on Siege that he's bad at this game.

John Connelly says he doesn't support passive detect, but wants the detect skill to be fixed. Well he then turns around and doesn't support fixing detect either.
I do support fixing the detect skill but your feeble attempt at a poll gives only two options, remove the timer or keep the timer as it is. I would be quite happy to see the timer set lower, but that wasn't an option. Try thinking about the middle road some time instead of working in extremes.

And by the way it seems that there is a two to one vote in favor of leaving detect as it is. I suppose others know how to use it properly. Maybe you should spend more time practicing instead of trying to change the game to suit yourself.
That's funny. No where does this poll ask if anyone's in favor of leaving things as they are.

Your bias is pretty clear. Thanks for coming out and saying you don't want things to change... even if it was subconsciously.

Also - the poll is pretty awesome. 90% of the no votes are by STEALTHERS. More than half the yes votes are by stealthers too. How many stealthers does Siege have? 80%?!?!?! I imagine such a high proportion of the population is using stealth because it's not over powered. No... people aren't that opportunistic.

Thanks again John.

Oh, by the way... if you're in full support of lowering the timer (by who knows how much), how much and why that much (break it down to how it will solve the issues highlighted). Shouldn't be too hard. I assume you've already thought this through... that is of course if you aren't here simply to derail changes to stealth.
Still unable to break it down John?

more than 600 replies and thousands upon thousands of views on this topic means this is going to get addressed along with everything else or nothing will get addressed.

Sorry you're so upset, but fixing stealth is for the good of the shard.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So after 300 posts in this thread you think the faction artifacts are blessed?
They're blessed in their on special way yes.

I stand corrected, they're not blessed they're insured in their on special way. I will however start replacing the word blessed with insured.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're blessed in their on special way yes.

I stand corrected, they're not blessed they're insured in their on special way. I will however start replacing the word blessed with insured.
Insured in the way, that there are tons of suits locked down on steps around the shards, never to be returned to the owner? Or Insured in the way, that when someone dies, if they are not liked by the killers, the artifacts are placed in the colored chests at the bank, or grey barrels in homes across the land for safe keeping?

Which one is it?

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Insured in the way, that there are tons of suits locked down on steps around the shards, never to be returned to the owner? Or Insured in the way, that when someone dies, if they are not liked by the killers, the artifacts are placed in the colored chests at the bank, or grey barrels in homes across the land for safe keeping?

Which one is it?
All of the above. Which brings me to problem number two! If you're not in the cool crowd then you get griefed to no end. So basically since you guys claim BFF are the best pvper's, this mean that they pretty much control who gets blessed erm I mean insured suits and who doesn't because they are doing most of the killing, right? And if they don't like them (meaning if the target isn't one of their yes men) then they trash his suit. This is what siege was meant to be?

E

Elmer Fudd

And the so called stealth "problem" is a problem to you, not to most from what I have read here. There was plenty of advice on how to deal with stealthers. Take some of it.
Hugi and I extened you a challange earlier he offered one mill, i offered 5 mill, and we dont expect anything if we loose...but thats how confident we wont loose...bar we dont loose conn....lol

I will even make sure my character is red so u can employ every tactic yuou know...make it a necro, detect tracking whatever....do whatever u want...hell....ill even tell you what form im in and ill give u thirty seconds to get me on track....so for the love of god....come and reveal/kill me and show me how its done....if not......then please STFU and move along....my point exactly....you wont ever be able to kill me......EVER!!!!!!!!!!

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of the above. Which brings me to problem number two! If you're not in the cool crowd then you get griefed to no end. So basically since you guys claim BFF are the best pvper's, this mean that they pretty much control who gets blessed erm I mean insured suits and who doesn't because they are doing most of the killing, right? And if they don't like them (meaning if the target isn't one of their yes men) then they trash his suit. This is what siege was meant to be?
Yes, in this cry thread, they further polarize the Community. Their refusal to honor the majority will have them feeling justified in their relentless quest to grief all who disagreed with them. They cannot Board PVP for lack of linguistic ability and creativity, but they sure know how to press those "easy buttons" UOA provides them while wearing the Superman suits. One of them even went so far as to say that they would try to stalemate progress with the devs because they cannot convince anyone of their point of view. I guess they've been spending so much time in Trammel, that they got used to passive detect helping them out of danger, and now want to implement it on Siege too, because there is no insurance here, stealthers are too risky for them. Its pretty funny that the "elite" want this added buffer in the form of a warning shot.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really am not sure how you can say "Siege is for this" when the votes are 27-16 against you...

E

Elmer Fudd

Yes, in this cry thread, they further polarize the Community. Their refusal to honor the majority will have them feeling justified in their relentless quest to grief all who disagreed with them. They cannot Board PVP for lack of linguistic ability and creativity, but they sure know how to press those "easy buttons" UOA provides them while wearing the Superman suits. One of them even went so far as to say that they would try to stalemate progress with the devs because they cannot convince anyone of their point of view. I guess they've been spending so much time in Trammel, that they got used to passive detect helping them out of danger, and now want to implement it on Siege too, because there is no insurance here, stealthers are too risky for them. Its pretty funny that the "elite" want this added buffer in the form of a warning shot.
Typical Barnyard thinking.....:bdh:

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read into it how you like. I dont see it that way at all. I dont see them wanting passive detect to protect them from DS, or other suprise attacks, but rather when they go to kill someone, even if they detect, they instantly hit thier little "easy" macro to hide, if they are slow, and get attacked, and are not 8 tiles away, thats ok, let me use a different finger on my keyboard, poof a cloud of smoke fill the screen, and....they are gone again. Then they have to wait a timer out to try and reveal again.

How many times would you like to rinse and repeat sir? Most washing machines only offer a second rinse, but this is UO, and the amount of rinses is unlimited.

And just because you dont use UOA, an approved program since the early days, doesnt mean others who use it, have easy mode. So what if someone has 16 available macros to do something, that isnt easy to configure in UOmacros, or a few keys that are not possible to use. One that instantly jumps to mind is the mouse wheel. I use it, almost everyone does. if you dont, oh well, your issue. Either swap to the EC where you have more than enough power to make similar macros and have similar keys available, or go out and buy a gaming keyboard, or USB version (i have a G13 I have not used yet other then to check it out). Where you can use Function keys and apply them to keystrokes to help you out. Want to target last, but cant use the mouse wheel in 2D? Dont want to be one of those people that casts 35 spells in a sentance? Hit the old G1 key, which is mapped to cntrl+alt+shift+A. And be done with it. If you decide to play yourself at a disadvantage, thats your choice. No one is asking you to use a cheat program, or anything illegal to keep up with the "elite". But use the tools that are available to help you to better yourself.

Your UOA argument is ********. I dont care if you dont use it, but dont cry about it. Thats like complaining that anyone on these boards can get more done in a day then you, because they have new cars, that can go 150MPH, with super resistant door panels giving them ultra protection against all the elements, and evils in the world, while you doddle down the steet on a unicyle, at 2.6MPH, and you eat **** when you hit a pebble on the sidewalk because you dont have 4 wheels and suspension, then scrape your elbow, and scream out for your mother to come and put some polysporin on it, and your favorite, "I play at a disadvantage", colourful bandaid.

And board PvP sir. I havent read every post in this thread, cause well I have a life, and I work, and work a lot, but you would post one liners of complete and utter childhood style nana nana boo boo ****, and they add "dismissed" at the end of the post, like it means something. Come on. I dont see exceptional board PvP from you, so until you spend 20 minutes a day on a bowflex, and are in the best shape of your life, dont point fingers at others who are not looking like a verbal version of 8 pack abs from the movie 300.

This thread started out as a request and opinion of stealth and its OP. You and many others have turned it into a personal war between eachother, and complete and utter disregard for anything but your own opinions. Civil discussion is not available here, so whatever, continue on. And go to war, all its gonna do is get siege overlooked again, since we cant agree on anything, because we are out only for ourselves with every issue, instead of coming together, and trying to better the shard, and try and make it more appealing to come here and play with us. But I forgot this is the hard shard, where 175 skill points of 220, is enough to get it all done. Cause we are hard as **** like that!

E

Elmer Fudd

Your UOA argument is ********. I dont care if you dont use it, but dont cry about it. Thats like complaining that anyone on these boards can get more done in a day then you, because they have new cars, that can go 150MPH, with super resistant door panels giving them ultra protection against all the elements, and evils in the world, while you doddle down the steet on a unicyle, at 2.6MPH, and you eat **** when you hit a pebble on the sidewalk because you dont have 4 wheels and suspension, then scrape your elbow, and scream out for your mother to come and put some polysporin on it, and your favorite, "I play at a disadvantage", colourful bandaid.
I dont care who you are....thats funny there....im trying to tell him the barn is burning around him and its time to leave....the door is open....but he wouldnt listen...so now he's just flat out looking like a ******** cow that wont save his own life......ROFLMAO

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
done here...

Status
Not open for further replies.