• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove the "reuse skill" timer on Detect Hidden

Remove the "reuse skill" timer for the Detect Hidden skill?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't even know what you're opinion is.
Yes, I do know what "my are" opinion is. If you wish to remain willfully ignorant of it, be my guest. It is laid out for you in this thread, if you care to take a look.
Willfully ignorant of it? Still dodging what I've said, I see. Point me to a single thing I've claimed incorrectly against you and I'll admit I'm willfully ignorant. Otherwise you still don't make any sense and you're as incompetent as they get.

Since the pro-stealth camp is becoming more and more unreasonable to deal with. skipping valid points. Being unable to counter them. Posting lies and deceptions. Trying to get the thread locked by trolling. Doing everything in their power to stifle the community from coming together and fixing the problem of stealth.

Tell you what. We tried. It may not work out because some don't want to give up the advantages they hold dear. Well we're all going act that way until everyone stops acting that way.

Kiss a united push to boost monster loot on this shard good bye.

I like wearing and running good gear. I don't suck at this game like you do, so I've earned it. You want to run good gear? Earn it your damn selves.

There's nothing wrong with Siege. It's working as intended.

V

Vaelix

You're not really presenting an argument. I read it as more of an FYI of your abilities.

Sure, YOU may be super awesome enough to pull off walking around in full plate armor, but not everyone can. The skills have to be able to be used by the lowest of the low too. Just because you can squeeze more value out of each one doesn't mean the average player can, which is why I just read the post as an FYI.
This can be looked at two ways, Yes its true that Just because im good on a template doesn't mean its overpowered.

However, Just because you Suck on a Template doesn't mean Its balanaced.

Me playing it or not, Stealth is still overpowered in its current function when all other variables are considered.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, I stayed out of this thread because I knew it was going to be ********.

Let me just say - its obvious who knows the game and who doesn't. There are those who lay out the mechanical, logical facts. Then there are those who spout out their uneducated opinions about how things should work.

Both parties here are trying to get changes put in, or not put in. The fact of the matter is, it isn't going to happen! Swallow that one!

The educated posters here (and I mean educated as far as UO) are relentlessly laying out fact, after fact, with PERFECT explanations behind each. In the event that something would happen (1% chance imo), it is their job to make sure stupid ideas like "30 second invulnerable recalls" aren't actually voted on and put in. I can't tell you how many times in the past 2 or 3 weeks I've seen them post completely unselfish, logical ideas (that should go in tbh) and they immediately get shut down by a crowd of naysayers (like Kat) saying LOL U GUYS AREONLY IN IT 4URSELVES LOL

Let me ask you this. If I don't have anyone to kill, why the **** would I want anything done at the expense of other players? What other players?!?!? MAKE SENSE!!!!!

The uneducated posters are the selfish ones in my opinion. Even if the change needed doesn't affect their playstyle whatsoever, they still feel the need to lay line after line after line of "THIS IS SIEGE, WE'RE SUPER HARDCORE VETS HERE, U CANT HANDLE IT GO TO ATLANTIC" while they run around roleplaying in GM armor not knowing even some of the most basic game mechanics.

I'm just saying, you all need to shut the **** up.

BR, you knew you were starting a **** storm when you made this thread aiming at the very people you know will disagree with you. I'm almost positive you get a boner from arguing with *******.

Thanks.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not really presenting an argument. I read it as more of an FYI of your abilities.

Sure, YOU may be super awesome enough to pull off walking around in full plate armor, but not everyone can. The skills have to be able to be used by the lowest of the low too. Just because you can squeeze more value out of each one doesn't mean the average player can, which is why I just read the post as an FYI.
This can be looked at two ways, Yes its true that Just because im good on a template doesn't mean its overpowered.

However, Just because you Suck on a Template doesn't mean Its balanaced.

Me playing it or not, Stealth is still overpowered in its current function when all other variables are considered.
Dude, they get it. They know it's overpowered... they just don't want to balance it because they want to be able to keep abusing it. They enjoy not having to risk getting pk'd... in Felucca. This is the new Trammel after all.

F

Førsaken

Feelings hurt? Never. To be hurt by someone, you have to first value them.

I left the post open ended to see your response. You are obviously of a pack mentality. It's unfortunate, you had potential, but you failed.
Dismissed.
You try too hard. Put this effort towards becoming somewhat competent in UO, thanks!

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is true, those who use it, and use it daily, dont want the change, as it fits thier current template or play style. So why make it more of a challenge to play the way they do.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mistake, i thought this was a thread where a few people were confused as to how to effectively detect people and could use a few pointers, not a thread about wanting 100 points spent in detect to effectively negate 300+ points spent elsewhere.

Carry on, I'll just go back to decorating my keep filled with loot stolen from undetectable and invincible hidden people

E

Elmer Fudd

It is true, those who use it, and use it daily, dont want the change, as it fits thier current template or play style. So why make it more of a challenge to play the way they do.
Earlier I explained about when a barn starts burning down with cows in it, the cows wont leave the barn even if theres a way out, they will stay in there and just burn to death....no one really knows why, but farmers and ranchers speculate that no matter what, they wont leave the comfort or security of the barn they know and trust even if it means saving there own life...

this is basically the same view...they wont move from a position even when shown hard mathmatical proof with evidence all around them....

Its a "Barnyard" concept of thinking....dont wanna leave the comfort or security of there beloved smoke bomb easy stealth button....its a shame,,,there are actually people just as ignorant as the cow.....lol

A

Arden

This is about balance. It has nothing to do with killing crafters.

PvPers don't kill crafters. The players like Cheapsuit and Krystal who prey on newbs and crafters will still be the ones who do that.

If a player doesn't want to risk getting PK'd, they should check out Trammel.
Strong words for someone who never was labeled a pvp'r

:)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mistake, i thought this was a thread where a few people were confused as to how to effectively detect people and could use a few pointers, not a thread about wanting 100 points spent in detect to effectively negate 300+ points spent elsewhere.
So where are all the pointers? So far, the only thing we've established is that you need to be a stealther like Ru in order to counter stealthers. Awesome.

Yeah. The best of the best on this shard are saying stealth is OP because they need pointers. Riiight.

You carebears are a ****ing joke.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is about balance. It has nothing to do with killing crafters.

PvPers don't kill crafters. The players like Cheapsuit and Krystal who prey on newbs and crafters will still be the ones who do that.

Strong words for someone who never was labeled a pvp'r

:)
I see it still makes you rage knowing I'm better than you in every way.

=P

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*sighs* If you only played Siege... and were respected.

B

Black magick

ZOMG 3 page thread. We haven't had one of these in a while.

T

Timothy_SP

I know this isn't exactly on the topic of the original post. How about have Stealth "speed" based off Stealth and Dexterity. What I mean is you can only move so fast while Stealthing, perhaps slower than a normal walking pace if you don't have extremely high Stealth skill and Dexterity.

Examples:

120 Stealth + 125 Dexterity you can move a running pace.
75 Stealth + 125 Dexterity you can move a normal walking pace.
75 Stealth + 25 Dexterity you can move at half normal walking pace.

Just a thought. Ninja forms would need to be figured in somehow too.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know this isn't exactly on the topic of the original post. How about have Stealth "speed" based off Stealth and Dexterity. What I mean is you can only move so fast while Stealthing, perhaps slower than a normal walking pace if you don't have extremely high Stealth skill and Dexterity.

Examples:

I like it. That would be great incentive to go 120 stealth, and would make stealth tamers half speed ( as they prefer int for magery ).

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since the pro-stealth camp is becoming more and more unreasonable to deal with. skipping valid points. Being unable to counter them. Posting lies and deceptions. Trying to get the thread locked by trolling. Doing everything in their power to stifle the community from coming together and fixing the problem of stealth.
Attacking strawmen? Don't think anyone will notice?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dude, they get it. They know it's overpowered... they just don't want to balance it because they want to be able to keep abusing it. They enjoy not having to risk getting pk'd... in Felucca. This is the new Trammel after all.
Passive detect was put on prodo to try to lure people out of Trammel.

"Fel is so scary, there are thieves and Ninjas waiting to kill me and make me pay more insurance money"-Trammie

"Dont worry, we'll make it so that nobody can sneak up on you."-The Devs

"Oh thank you, now I can venture out of GZ in fel! I love passive detect! It keeps me safe, and I didn't have to spend any points!"-Trammie

I'm not saying you have to, but feel free to replace the word Trammie with BFF in the above scenerio.

:lol:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Passive detect was put on prodo to try to lure people out of Trammel.

"Fel is so scary, there are thieves and Ninjas waiting to kill me and make me pay more insurance money"-Trammie

"Dont worry, we'll make it so that nobody can sneak up on you."-The Devs

"Oh thank you, now I can venture out of GZ in fel! I love passive detect! It keeps me safe, and I didn't have to spend any points!"-Trammie

I'm not saying you have to, but feel free to replace the word Trammie with BFF in the above scenerio.

:lol:
Nice strawman argument there skip. Maybe if you knew what a strawman argument was, you wouldn't sound incompetent yet again.

So what happened here skip?

You don't even know what you're opinion is.
Yes, I do know what "my are" opinion is. If you wish to remain willfully ignorant of it, be my guest. It is laid out for you in this thread, if you care to take a look.
Willfully ignorant of it? Still dodging what I've said, I see. Point me to a single thing I've claimed incorrectly against you and I'll admit I'm willfully ignorant. Otherwise you still don't make any sense and you're as incompetent as they get.
What's a matter? Still can't figure out how to save face? Hoping if no one notices, your incompetence will get buried behind new posts?

Does the truth bother you?

:popcorn:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Examples:

I like it. That would be great incentive to go 120 stealth, and would make stealth tamers half speed ( as they prefer int for magery ).
Would be great if there was a shot in hell that the Devs would make it happen...

The fix needs to be a lot more simple...

Please keep the ideas coming Tim. That was a pretty good one.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be great if there was a shot in hell that the Devs would make it happen...

There is a one button fix, doesn't get any more simple than that. You highlight the smoke bomb code and press the delete button on your keyboard. Then you do the same for the faction arties. Problem solved. We now have a populated server again.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice strawman argument there skip.
Thanks! Who told you my real name?

Maybe if you knew what a strawman argument was, you wouldn't sound incompetent yet again.

So what happened here skip?
I'm good at making the strawman, but I know not what the strawman is?

What's a matter? Still can't figure out how to save face? Hoping if no one notices, your incompetence will get buried behind new posts?

Does the truth bother you?
Save face? Hoping if eveyone reads that I need to save face that it'll make it true?

Why would the truth bother me? Whatever the truth is, I welcome it. I do not live in a delusional state of mind. I know myself quite well. Your grasping at strawmen will not achive what you hope for. It's time you realize your place in the pecking order.
:thumbup1:

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a question for you, BR. If the devs were to say they would put passive detect on siege for the price of getting rid of faction arties, would you still want passive detect on siege? Or would you choose to just deal with it so you can keep your superman suit? Before you answer that keep in mind if you lose your superman suit you will become just as useless as you were before faction arties were introduced. Now, let's see just how passion you are about this passive detect thingy.

T

Timothy_SP

Examples:

It really does make a hell of a lot of sense. If I was trying to sneak around IRL, I sure as hell wouldn't be running or likely even walking.

To be honest I've never been against Passive Detect if it took into consideration the Snooping skill. I realize that is selfish, but that is another 100 skill points devoted to making a thief a viable template. Stealthing in front some someone, within a certain amount of steps, should also have a higher risk of being revealed, regardless of skills.

I fear you are right that Stealth speeds, and Passive with Snooping modifier, would require a lot of coding. I don't think they devote too much effort to fixes, just expansions they can make money on.

S

Sunchicken

Truth is it really doesn't matter what changes they make to me just as long as it brings players back and new ones in. Doesnt matter what template is op and which one is weak as long as you have a real population you will have the desire to adapt and make the game fun. But why adapt to anything when only 5 people play here?

I will say this one last time and then I will no longer beat the dead horse...people will play against stealthers no matter how op some people think they are. But people WILL NOT play against people who runs around in blessed superman suits. Period. Doesnt matter if you have a different opinion or not cuz regardless of what you think, the numbers are at a all time low. This needs to change or siege will perish. I mean that literally.

I would gladly give up the entire stealth skill for a population. Would you give up your blessed superman suit? I want siege to survive and if killing stealth would make that happen then so be it.

i Would rather fight a person at their best with the best equipment avalible as to hitting someone with a curse then they smoke bomb after saying all kill...

Personally i play this game for entertainment. I get more entertainment if its challenging. (the reason i moved to siege). As i said before i would rather fight somone at the best with the best equipment avalible so i know when i kick them in their jib and they fall over and blahh. i have won veses said player at their best.

So dont assume everyone is the same and play the game for the same reasons.

WE NEED PASSIVE REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Truth is it really doesn't matter what changes they make to me just as long as it brings players back and new ones in. Doesnt matter what template is op and which one is weak as long as you have a real population you will have the desire to adapt and make the game fun. But why adapt to anything when only 5 people play here?

I will say this one last time and then I will no longer beat the dead horse...people will play against stealthers no matter how op some people think they are. But people WILL NOT play against people who runs around in blessed superman suits. Period. Doesnt matter if you have a different opinion or not cuz regardless of what you think, the numbers are at a all time low. This needs to change or siege will perish. I mean that literally.

I would gladly give up the entire stealth skill for a population. Would you give up your blessed superman suit? I want siege to survive and if killing stealth would make that happen then so be it.

i Would rather fight a person at their best with the best equipment avalible as to hitting someone with a curse then they smoke bomb after saying all kill...

Personally i play this game for entertainment. I get more entertainment if its challenging. (the reason i moved to siege). As i said before i would rather fight somone at the best with the best equipment avalible so i know when i kick them in their jib and they fall over and blahh. i have won veses said player at their best.

Superman Suits!!! Must be the reason the shard is dead...

STFU.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Examples:

It really does make a hell of a lot of sense. If I was trying to sneak around IRL, I sure as hell wouldn't be running or likely even walking.

To be honest I've never been against Passive Detect if it took into consideration the Snooping skill. I realize that is selfish, but that is another 100 skill points devoted to making a thief a viable template. Stealthing in front some someone, within a certain amount of steps, should also have a higher risk of being revealed, regardless of skills.

I fear you are right that Stealth speeds, and Passive with Snooping modifier, would require a lot of coding. I don't think they devote too much effort to fixes, just expansions they can make money on.
If the devs are willing to recode passive detect to have snooping, sounds like a good idea.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, this thread is a monster...

I feel the need to add just one thing...I miss RU!!!

Seacrest out!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or join factions so they can use faction runes to escape and keep their precious suits they are too scared to lose.
Let's hope we can get the devs to turn off being able to buy those items or make them work like gate travel instead of recall.

I highly doubt this community would be against a change like that. This is more than about fixing just how over powered stealth is. Siege should be fixed.

So let's go over the hot topics on changes.

1. Lower Faction Silver Costs
2. Boosting Monster Loot
3. Addressing the stealth problem
4. Boosting drops for crafting ingredients (peerless/imbuing)
5. Addressing the faction rune problem
6. Left over [Blessed] Event items

--------------------------------------------------------

That's a pretty good summary of the changes this community wants the Devs to cover in their "big fix."

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

STFU.
Even a fool knows that the siege population dropped after the introduction of faction arties. So yes I think items and playstyle templates has caused the low population we have.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's hope we can get the devs to turn off being able to buy those items or make them work like gate travel instead of recall.

I highly doubt this community would be against a change like that. This is more than about fixing just how over powered stealth is. Siege should be fixed.

2. Boosting Monster Loot

That's a pretty good summary of the changes this community wants the Devs to cover in their "big fix."
I'm really not trying to argue but that is your list,not the shard's. Why have you ignored the fact that some people are not in favor of faction arties? All seem to wanna talk about is what You and BFF wants. Why isn't anyone else ideas or desires as important as yours. Has it ever occurred to you that this is the reason most people won't support your ideas? You totally ignore everything except what you and BFF wants.

Bit of advice..... In order to change people and they way they think, you must first change yourself and the way you think.

S

Sunchicken

2. Boosting Monster Loot

I agree

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

2. Boosting Monster Loot

I agree
Please explain to me in detail why number 6 is a problem and needs to be fixed.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

STFU.
Even a fool knows that the siege population dropped after the introduction of faction arties. So yes I think items and playstyle templates has caused the low population we have.
Yeah, because Siege was jammed packed before faction arties. rolleyes:

The low population has to do with the developers neglecting this shard and not updating it properly. Started way back with the personal bless deed fiasco.

Only a fool would think faction arties made anyone quit. People quit because they got tired of dealing with a broken Siege. It's not faction arties that's the problem. It's the broken silver prices. It's the broken drop rates so players have no alternative items to use. It's the broken recall runes on a shard thats not supposed to have recall. It's the broken no passive detect allowing players to abuse stealth.

It's the ass backwards risk versus reward on this shard. You have high risk and little rewards for hunting monsters. You have low risks for great rewards as a naked stealther towing around a greater dragon.

It's bull**** people got sick and tired of having to deal with and it's about damn time it changes.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

2. Boosting Monster Loot

I'm really not trying to argue but that is your list,not the shard's.
Actually that is the shards list. Every one of those things are based on hot topics that have been discussed or are being discussed. The community has even come together on all those issues except for how to properly address stealth. Maybe you should try and pay attention to the thread your posting in?

BTW - if this was my list... you'd see things like removing instanced dungeons and that invisible forcefield around private housing. I understand you generally don't know what you're talking about when you post... so please, before you reply again... get on the same page as the rest of us.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[/B]

The superman suits are not the problem, the problem is that they get to keep them (can only be worn by) after death. I don't have a problem with someone equipping good but when i kill them i want to be able to wear their s**t! it's not the quality of the items that's the problem, it's the fact that only that person can wear them which pretty much makes their entire suit blessed! And you say up monster loot to even the playing field? Gimmie a freakin break dont say stupid shiz like that. How is upping the monster loot the equivalent of a blessed suit?

You guys are trying to even the equipment quality while missing the real problem. Allow non faction members to keep their suit like faction member then you have an even playing field. Who is gonna fall for that upping monster loot crayola? All that's gonna do is give you fools better loot off your kills. Blessed faction arties need to go!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Faction artifacts had a lot of pvp around its inception. Always, every night pvp for hours. I was in TO/LOW at the time. There was JSV/TNT/KOC. People quit becaues of TAMERS. They were super over powered. Dragons could fly into houses, 1 hit someone for 120 damage plus.

Don't tell me artifacts made the shard dead. It was, as Draxous said, the flaws in which the mechanics of Siege worked.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The superman suits are not the problem, the problem is that they get to keep them (can only be worn by) after death. I don't have a problem with someone equipping good but when i kill them i want to be able to wear their s**t! it's not the quality of the items that's the problem, it's the fact that only that person can wear them which pretty much makes their entire suit blessed! And you say up monster loot to even the playing field? Gimmie a freakin break dont say stupid shiz like that. How is upping the monster loot the equivalent of a blessed suit?

You guys are trying to even the equipment quality while missing the real problem. Allow non faction members to keep their suit like faction member then you have an even playing field. Who is gonna fall for that upping monster loot crayola? All that's gonna do is give you fools better loot off your kills. Blessed faction arties need to go!

trash their gear? You have that option as well. Or does greed get in the way when you sell it back? you want the items? Join factions and get yoru own. You have the same access as they do. Why the big problem? Everything you have a problem with is easily countered. For a pvper of your caliber it would be easier to farm silver anyways and get the gear.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that is the shards list. Every one of those things are based on hot topics that have been discussed or are being discussed. The community has even come together on all those issues except for how to properly address stealth. Maybe you should try and pay attention to the thread your posting in?

BTW - if this was my list... you'd see things like removing instanced dungeons and that invisible forcefield around private housing. I understand you generally don't know what you're talking about when you post... so please, before you reply again... get on the same page as the rest of us.
You want me to believe that the siege community supports blessed items. No will never convince me of that unless you make a poll that ask this question directly and not in your round about ways. Only then will I believe the shard I have played on for 9 years want and support blessed items.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The superman suits are not the problem, the problem is that they get to keep them (can only be worn by) after death.
Dude. How long have you been on Siege? You don't think hero/evil dying items was the same damn thing?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want me to believe that the siege community supports blessed items.
No doof. The Siege community wants the blessings on those items removed...

Seriously, go read the discussions we've been having on this stuff before you continue going off on assumptions.

FFS

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trash their gear? You have that option as well. Or does greed get in the way when you sell it back? you want the items? Join factions and get yoru own. You have the same access as they do. Why the big problem? Everything you have a problem with is easily countered. For a pvper of your caliber it would be easier to farm silver anyways and get the gear.
They DO NOT belong on siege. The devs will even admit that they don't belong here. Don't see you guys polling that.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude. How long have you been on Siege? You don't think hero/evil dying items was the same damn thing?

Is your newbie pants you get when you start the same thing? Same concept but not even close tothe same thing. Don't be ridiculous.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No doof. The Siege community wants the blessings on those items removed...

Seriously, go read the discussions we've been having on this stuff before you continue going off on assumptions.

FFS
Ok since we agree that the blessing need to go, why didn't it make your top 6 list?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They DO NOT belong on siege. The devs will even admit that they don't belong here. Don't see you guys polling that.
Hero/Evil dying items is almost the same thing.

If the Developers take care of all the other changes described, I'm pretty sure no one in this community would have a problem with having the "owned by" stuff removed.

S

Sunchicken

I got here right before the faction arties and i will say the population was still **** then.

Faction arties may have ran of a few people, but in my personal opinion the faction arties were not a bad idea. It allowed me to more speedily reduce the gap between the veterans and myself.

How do you expect new people to come start from scratch and be able to purchase the pvp modded items before some one like soulweaver, kage or diablo or any established players with a nice bank account? They couldnt.
I mean sure one could kill dragons for leather or do cloth, but still they wouldnt be able to finacially keep up with the item based side of ultima online. Faction artifacts changed this.

If they did remove faction artifacts the same people are going to be dominant in pvp.

Everyone can join factions just like everyone can run a stealth template. Faction artifacts are overpowered just like hide stealth is overpowered.

No amount of yes they ares or no they arent is gonna change my or your opinion of the situation.

So maybe just add passive reveal and take the owned by off faction artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.