• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions for BOD collectors!

M

MagrothPac

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?)
Tailoring, mostly because the useful rewards are easier to get.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? Worthwhile runic hammers. In 4 years of play, as a casual player, I have never come remotely close to getting even an agapite hammer. Something like 4 or 5 valorite bods period in all that time.

- too easy to get? I don't feel that any are too easy to get.

- are the most useful? Barbed runic kits

- are the least useful? Any runic hammer below agapite. I finally got a golden hammer after four years and made nothing worthwhile with it. Though one could argue that gargoyle pickaxes shouldn't be part of the reward system considering they can be found as loot on Stone Gargoyles. Or that the colored anvils aren't anymore useful than a normal one.

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day?
Collect about 4 smith and 6 tailor bods between 3 characters. Hardly ever turn any in because at that rate it takes forever to get the parts for a Large, and I no longer need any of the tailor/smith Powerscrolls.

4. Are you a little bitter or discouraged about the BOD system?
Yes.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I've been looking at the BOD system, thinking about how we might improve it, and I have a few simple questions for those who collect BODs on a regular basis.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
- too easy to get?
- are the most useful?
- are the least useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO - and just in my opinion - the BOD system is horrible. It grants immense profit to an elite class of players who are dedicated to making a large amount of secondary and tertiary accounts to obtain success. Almost the entire game "economy" is destroyed because of this idea - regular craftables are completely worthless and not competitive.

Essentially, a normal crafter has been turned into a BOD runner, or that character is a waste of several hundred skill points. If you're going to fix something, you should fix this rather than trying to adjust a system that is an "economic" imbalance in and of itself.

Who suffers? The new player. The returning player. The casual player. Not the player who cheats, scripts, or brokers on ebay. If this game is EVER going to get out of the rut it's in, this is ONE of the single most important steps it must take.

F

Fayled Dhreams

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
- too easy to get?
- are the most useful?
- are the least useful?

1. did BOTH fairly evenly
2.- too hard to get? the highend
- too easy to get? the lowend
- are the most useful?the highend
- are the least useful?the lowend
but you knew that

3.under the old system, the max...depending on if they were needed to acquire the single bod reward/combined (Lbod) reward....then tapered off to "0" when realized that for -time- invested/required to achieve "highend" rewards would be reasonably projected to decades
"Restarted" with the change to turnin/option to pull bod ....even quicker taper off to "0" when the "improvement" reasonably projected to "years" instead of "decades".

I'm far, FAR, from an "immediate" gratification type..... and possibly a bit too "hopeful" that continuosely plugging away at a random lottery should.... eventually lead to a "winning ticket" but the "tickets" in question, in this case (now) a Lbod for a barbed runic .... reality? out of reach
Why?

In #2... the nature/desirability of "the reward" lays it out pretty clearly.... when veiwed in the context "of the game" and its current population .... only the uber will "do"
and then only if the "uber" is "better/greater than" the other items available .... in this case "artifacts" major/minor/anni's (the crafter's have been long and detailed in these complaints).... Take the low end runics for smith and tailor ... dull copper and spined leather ....easiest to get... yet ALSO least useful ....

I think you could improve "the system" with that aspect being addressed.... the items are used by varying degrees of "skill".... yep, the majority of those with the skill are at legendary (120) ... BUT the "end result .... product" of either a GM versus Legendary crafter .... come on... aren't seperated by much ....THERE is where I think improvement can be accomplished ... the product of the more skilled crafter with ANY tool .... a Legendary Smith OR Tailor with any tool ....should be turning out Legendary results of some kind ....

But how to make a GM nearly as satisfying as legendary.... there's the major stumbling .... as the game plays now .... only the uber will "do" ...Their powerscrolls are obtainable thru their own craft and any "extra's" are saleable/transferable (within account AND other accounts) ... same with their "tools", hoard them or trash them or "buy" them ... one tool has as much use as another (by class/type)

If , somehow, through some rework of the System, the "only uber will do" aspect could be attacked (
goodluck, you know what it's gonna be recepted as, anyway, either way, everyday...
)... anyways... IF the "crafters touch" can be made to affect/effect the "uber items" ... not tooooo easy (everyone has a multimule) not toooo hard (only the scriters (newword
) will be doing it
) .... somewhere at the "goldilocks level" (just right) ... the casual players could be comfortable dropping the multimules and the dedicated interactive type "merchants" can have a market to tend .... ahhhh! sweet perfection.

The bod system itself? wooof! veiwed as "only" a bingo type lottery (5x5 in a line, up, down, across ... b-i-n-g-o) lasts a goood long time .... how many bods are there? how many materials, x's 2 (norm/except) ....how many "combos for prize"?
...IF there was some rewarding use for the bulk of the bods (the lower end less useful) like stacking them towards a targeted effect (mod reduction/enhancement/replacement) or filling a bod book of "empties" and turning the entire book in for something (thinking along the lines of ToT) .... *shrugs* I dunno... but it'd be an "additional" avenue for reward ..... maybe some "record" of how many of what kinds of bods will "accredit" a smith/tailor "level of expertise" (for whatever .... think : legends of film /vs/ what have they done lately)

The "tools"? well, LOTSA room for reorganization there

Personally, while I enjoy the occasional use of "State of the Art" tools in my trades....the home shop stuff, with a bit of practice
, can turn out some quite noteworthy stuff too ....whats the real difference between a spined/barbed kit? a dullcopper/valorite hammer? in the hands of any smith/tailor .... # uses? # mods? enhance success% ? any of that product comparable to artifact/anni gifts? quite a good argument that the "uber from heaven" is what killed the crafter trade (yeah, and multimules, insurance, powder of fort ....) look to the most recent example of "PoF on the Paladin Sword" (blessed&amp;soon to be available, someway, again) ....

High Time for the crafters to be "given" control.... over ALL the items ingame.... durability, insurablity, blessability (word?) at the very least the ability to make "comparable" cursed items (the "cursed" being mainly from those that spent millio's on real/dupes .... certainly be some cursing from that quarter IF enough "equivalence" can be "knocked out") doh?

It'll be a tough sell, the slow loss of "permanent" items.... but to "save/revitalize" the crafters?
*balances palms up&amp;down*

just some broad stroke ramblings.... maybe spark an idea

Fayled

Atheryn

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should probably also ask players who don't collect BOD's, why it is that they don't. If the BOD system is to be improved, it shouldn't be just for those intrepid players who have accounts devoted to BOD running

Cheers,
Atheryn.

M

Maith

<font color="red">Tailoring because I hate to mine. But, if I need quick cash and have ingots available, I'll do the blacksmithing ones.</font>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? <font color="red">Verite and Valorite runic</font>
- too easy to get? <font color="red">Hides</font>
- are the most useful? <font color="red">The Powder of Temperment and the rugs and tapesties LOL! Oh and the CBD.</font>
- are the least useful? <font color="red">Dull copper and Shadow runics</font>

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day? <font color="red">Depends. Sometimes I will go months without doing any. Other times, I'll run through all the fabric my packies can hold in a night. </font>

C

Coven of One

<font color="purple"> Mostly tailoring, for the simple reason that smithing bods are impossible to collect the high end ones, and the low end runic hammers are utterly useless. </font>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? <font color="purple"> Any smithy hammer worth using is too hard to get.</font>
- too easy to get?<font color="purple">Low end smithy hammers (useless), bod cloth (obviously), tapestries, spined kits, rugs. </font>
- are the most useful?<font color="purple"> Barbed kits, agapite, verite, valorite hammers (or so I've heard, I've never managed to collect the bods for a good smithy hammer).</font>
- are the least useful?<font color="purple"> Low end smithing hammers, spined kits.. both are useless for crafting armor. </font>

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day?<font color="purple"> 4 GM+ Tailors x 3 runs a day, 2 GM+ smiths x 3 runs a day. </font>

L

LadyLaBelle

Thank you very much for reviewing the BOD system!

I collect both nowadays, but I used to concentrate on tailoring BODs because they are easier to collect/cheaper to buy. The smithing BOD collection as a whole is larger and the high end pieces are extremely rare. For example, I have received enough tailor BODs to fill approximately 50 barbed runic kits over the lifetime of the system, but only one SBOD and no LBODs for a valorite runic hammer.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? Runic hammers beyond bronze
- too easy to get? Hides, prospectors' tools, gargoyles' pickaxes
- are the most useful? Clothing bless deeds, barbed runic kits, shovels &amp; pickaxes, powders of fortifying, runic hammers gold &amp; above
- are the least useful? Hides, prospectors' tools, skill scrolls under legendary

Usually I take all my smith/tailors for BODs about 3 times a day. I have 18 of them, so that would be 54 of each type each day. Occasionally when I feel ingot/cloth rich, I turn in bunches of SBODs at one time. I've been collecting since the beginning of each system and have one large patio house full of BODs of each type, mostly exceptional. The rest I leave behind at the tailors and smithies for others. (They always get picked up by someone.)

4. As a side note, I have always felt that boned LBODs should be worth better rewards. Boned parts are very difficult to make and the bones time-consuming to collect/expensive to buy.

Again, thanks so much for your investigation.

B

Budweiser KDL

<blockquote><hr>

I've been looking at the BOD system, thinking about how we might improve it, and I have a few simple questions for those who collect BODs on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this Wilki.....I posted on UO Hall:
<blockquote><hr>

I've went through five barbed kits this last week and have gotten pretty much junk compared to last ones in the past. I just finished another one tonight and got the worst armor i've ever seen from a 15 use barbed kit. Is there any hope for tailoring? Im not 120, but at 115 I'd hope to get something good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pieces i made had no good resists, I could've made better armor with a horned kit for sure. Some mods where in line, but with 9/5/7/8/12 resist on average whats the use of burning 5-6 mill worth of a kit...

D

Datoken

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?) Tailoring.. not enough room to add blacksmith to my craftsman..

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? barbed runic.. and 15 uses is a joke
- too easy to get? cloth, hides
- are the most useful? Barbed runic, cbd's
- are the least useful? hides,tapestrys rugs (only need a couple then they are just junk

Used to collect as many as i possible could in a day, but it takes forever to try to get barbed runic bods so i quit getting them all together.
<font color="blue"> </font>

M

mjolnir131

<blockquote><hr>

both becouse there are some usefull thing and i like having a nice title for my crafter

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?runics
- too easy to get?stretched hides
- are the most useful? toss up between runics and powders of fort CBD a strong 3rd
- are the least useful?streached hides

2-3 collect then i do a big run 2 times a week

[/ QUOTE ]

i would start doing them even more if the payout was turned up a little but right now it's when i think about it not something i log in to do when it first came out it was something you logged in to do

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**I'm not so much into BODs as I used to be. When they first came out they were fun to trade, but I got sick of sorting them (before BOD books, mind you), dealing with stupid smiths on BOD sites, and people running multiple crafters on multiple accounts screwing up the system.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
**High level hammers. And only high level prizes in Smithing.
- too easy to get?
**High level sewing kits.
- are the most useful?
**For me, bronze hammers. They're cheap and make sufficient quality armor. I guess the real answer is barbed kits, but I detest those and therefore never use them.
- are the least useful?
**Spined kits, and low level tailoring prizes in general.

**About one or two for tailoring and blacksmithing. I'd collect more but I just don't have much faith in the system anymore to want to.

And finally, thank you for looking into this broken system.

W

Wilki

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions and also to those who provided even more feedback than I asked for. I'm going to keep coming back to read this thread, so keep posting away!

J

Jhym

Just saw Gheed's post below and that clicked immediately:

Change most of the low end rewards on the smithing and tailoring side to RECIPIES. Add them in as secondary rewards (similar to the prospector/garg/poT groupings) and then randomly pick betwixt them at each level. If you add things like this from now on you reduce your coding immensely, since all you have to do is add the new reward elements as a percentage chance of each tier. And I totally agree that EVERY crafting system should have a BOD system to go along with it (that includes inscription, alchemy, etc.)

Also: Might I strongly suggest that ANY "deco" items be useful in SOME way ALWAYS. Historically what happens with deco items? There is an initial huge demand for them. People rush to get them and sell them. They usually start at the high end in cost, then there is a huge glut of the items as people finish their purchases and then need no more. Then they gradually go away as people start throwing the items away. Sounds familiar doesn't it -- think thanksgiving/pre-xmas/post-xmas/late january sales.
If you make every single deco item useful for SOMETHING, then you gain a disposable market that can keep said items worth producing. For instance, perhaps a stretched hide can be a CONTAINER for hides, holding up to 60000. And perhaps hides stored this way are 'stretched' to become the next tier of hides after a month of storage, but this destroys the stretcher. Perhaps runic anvils give minor bonuses to created items (as was suggested long ago.) Perhaps tapestries can be used as "inspiration" to give temporary int bonuses.
Once you make everything consumable, you open up all the "junk" items to be useful again. And if you continue to add in new rewards in the mix of bods you open up the lower level bods to being desirable again.

For the other professions -- there were discussions of how many of the crafts didn't have enough diversity to build a bod system. What I'd suggest is either combinations of crafts (tinker/carpenter/scribe, etc) OR add in further tiers of numbers, say 5, 25, 50. Also, to simplify things a little you could allow us to combine required numbers together to get larger numbers -- for instance, two 10's to make a 20, which is used in a 20 lbod. This would reduce a little of the heartache we have where you have dozens of 10's and 15's but no 20's to fill a desirable lbod.

Just more thoughts, sorry if it's a wish-list.

E

Essex

Tailoring.. larger profit from the barbed kits.. easier to get.. the tailoring bods also in general tend to have a much better value &amp; are cheaper to fill.. &amp;&amp;&amp; If when you turn in the bods basic bods you least get cloth which you can do a number of things with.. only so much so much with a bazillion prosperter tools..

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
Val Hammers

- too easy to get?
Prospector tools, Gargoyle Pick-Axes, Those Wall Thingys From Tailoring

- are the most useful?
Barbed Kits, Clothing Bless Deeds, POF, High End Runic Hammers.. (When You Can Finally Get One..)

- are the least useful?
Those Streched Leather Deeds.. I haven't been able to GIVE those away in who knows how long..

Well depends.. If I'm lazy 0 &amp; 0

When I'm collecting bods.. I can be upwards of 100.. &amp; When I finally get my lazy butt to turning them in.. can be more than a thousand..

G

<blockquote><hr>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
- too easy to get?
- are the most useful?
- are the least useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Smith, mainly because I make weapons with him for pvp, and don't care much for tailoring

2. It is next to impossible to get the better runics without either scripting or (as I am doing) spending a long, long, long time doing it. The low end runics are rather useless but fun to give to new smiths for them to play with. I get tired of so many sturdy shovels, but I do make use of them too!
3. It varies. Some days none at all, others 30 or 40. It probably averages out to 10 or 20 a day.

Thanks for asking.

F

Feyre

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?) Tailoring, cause all smith rewards are worthless.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? All the useless smith rewards.
- too easy to get? Tailor rewards are pretty easy.
- are the most useful? Barbed/horned runics/CBD's/Powder of Fort, I guess Val hammers would be useful if an average player could get one.
- are the least useful? Spined Runics/All Hammers below agepite, Stretched hides.

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day? I do them in spurts, i have a large collection and when i get bored i turn in a couple hundred.

As a note, the bod system was great way back when, it created trading among crafters and such, now all it is is a revenue for mass bod mule accounts, some guy with one mule is very unlikely to ever in his entire UO lifetime to fill any large smith bod, or get one of the higher end ones for that matter.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I'll answer your questions:

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Tailoring, because Barbed Kits are easier to get than Valorite Hammers by a factor of about 4 or 5 gazillion.

<blockquote><hr>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
- too easy to get?
- are the most useful?
- are the least useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too hard: Any runic hammer above Bronze. Barbed Kits for people who don't have 9 accounts full of 120 tailors. Clothing Bless Deeds, maybe? I know I never get any.
Too easy: A lot of people will probably say the sturdy shovels/pickaxes because they get tons and never use them, but I actually tend to use the ones I get. As a result, I would have to say that there is nothing that I can think of at the moment that is too easy.
Most useful: Barbed kits. Powder of Fortification. CBDs if you like blessing things.
Least useful: Any runic hammer. Val hammers are theoretically nice, but good luck a.) getting one and b.) getting anything useful off of one. Because of the inherent uselessness of all metal armor (which is an issue for a different thread), runic hammers are only useful for making metal weapons. And anything below maybe agapite or gold is 100% useless.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually buy a cheap-o book of useless BoDs and then fill all of them and turn them in one by one for a new set of useless BoDs. Then I give up for a month in disgust. Rinse repeat.

Now I'll tell you how to fix the BoD system:

Step 1: Make a Powder of Fortification equivalent for the tailoring BoD system.

Step 2a: Based on the current reward structure, give every BoD a point value. Then when you turn BoDs in, you get their point value added to a running total, which you can use to buy stuff. Then you either
a.) Remove the current system of "turn in a BoD and get the reward associated with it" and make every reward item worth a certain number of points, I.E. Sturdy Shovel for 50 points, Valorite Hammer for 10,000,000 points, etcetera, and buy these items using your accumulated points
Or
b.) Make every BoD worth a certain number of points, I.E. Sturdy Shovel BoD worth 50 points, Valorite Hammer LBoD worth 4,000,000 points, Valorite Hammer SBoD of your choice for 1,000,000 points, etcetera, and then buy the BoDs with your accumulated points.
A lot of people might lobby for the first option, but I think the second would make more sense. If you went with the first option, you'd just end up with a bunch of scripters turning in SBoDs and trashing the LBoDs and getting as many Barbed Kits and Valorite Hammers as they could hold. With the second option, people would keep both the SBoDs and LBoDs that they needed and use their points to buy the BoDs they would need to fill in the gaps. It would allow people to actually work toward a goal instead of just turning in random BoDs and hoping for a one in a million shot at the one they need.

Step 2b: Think up some cool new rewards.

Step 3: Remove that stupid 80%/20% reward crap. People get tired of taking the time to fill in BoDs for something and then getting the item they didn't want.

Step 4: This step involves fixing armor and resists so that metal armor and runic hammers are useful. This is a complicated step that I'm not going to get into.

Step 5: Make BoD systems for the other trade skills.

R

Redrum1

Ok, I collect and turn in Tailor bods a little more than blacksmithy bods. I get my leathers from my kids and wife when they go out hunting and I mine my own ingots so i get more leathers than ingots.

I turn in all my small bods that do not go with larges for high level items so i can get new bods and hope for better bods. I turned in 200 iron bods the other day and got 3 small Agy bods and 2 large Agy bods for an Agapite hammer. I am now one bod away from filling and turning it in.

The hardest to get is any Val bod. I have turned in bods for 3 years and the only Val bod I have recieved is a Val 10 heater shield. The odds are a little against us with that one.

I keep all my shovels and regular pick axes and use them. I do not need the 50 prospector tools I get when i turn in bods. One prospector tool lasts me awhile.

I get between 2-6 bods a day, my chars have .1 smithing and tailoring plus my wife gets some for me. I keep them till I have a few hundred and do a mass turn in.

G

gothelder

Wow, when I wrote my letter to Santa in the blacksmithing forum I did not expect the smithing system to get looked at any time soon.....all I can say is Yay.

As for the questions:

1. I only do Blacksmithing, have never had a desire to tailor. Consequently I have never seen a PBD, but then again I have never seen an exceptional Valorite platemail 20 count small bod either.

2. As has been pounded into the ground the high end smithy hammers are too hard to get. Its sort of a tossup between that and the difficulty (time wise) of getting ingots.

The most useful rewards are sturdy mining implements. I go through those like nobody's business. I would love to see a bit of a change there though. It would be great if all the normal iron single bods 10/15/20 would give the reward of the Sturdy pickaxe. The Sturdy Shovel should be given out for the exceptional version of those bods. (Weight being the reason there). Getting rid of the +1 and +3 mining gloves leaving the normal Dull Copper through Bronze 15 count to give the pickaxes and prospector tools. I would be in favor of just keeping the gargoyles and prospector items as a DC/Shadow normal small bod item though. As these 2 items are so easy to get, hardly a day goes by where you cannot find dozens and dozens of these items laying on the floor in blacksmith shops all through the lands. Most miners have no use for the gargoyle pickaxes as they generally do not like to fight with the ore before they smelt it, and its rare that anybody asks me to dig them up some elementals to battle. As it stands now with the +1 and +3 gloves even if you do recycle them for the materials the leather will not stack.

3. I normally collect 4 bods per day, I have 2 smiths and one is legendary, one is merely a GM. Two times a day I pop in to the smith and grab bods, before work and before bed. When I turn in bods I normally wait until I have a full 500 count book and go to town. Those days I also collect 500 bods, plus any that other smiths cannot be bothered to fill.

Let me just say that having filled at least 500 bods a month for the last 2 years I have never seen a 20 count valorite exceptional *ANYTHING* bod, let alone the small pieces that are suitable for the Valorite hammer large bod. When I turn in bods, I only use my 120 smith and normally I am holding a +15 ancient hammer. (Have never seen a +60). I know it in theory does not help me get any better bods, but it makes me feel better.

I have found that when I do turn in bods I get about 1/3 normal iron, 1/3 exceptional iron, and 1/3 color. This ratio holds steady with both my GM and Legendary smith. I tested this not 5 months ago with a pool of 500 normal iron small bods. It would be nice if my legendary smith could pull more high end bods than my GM, with or without holding an ancient hammer. A ratio of 2/3 iron to 1/3 color at GM seems about right, but I would expect a legendary smith to have a 1/2 and 1/2 ratio. Toss a +60 ancient hammer at a legendary smith for 1/3 iron to 2/3 color ratio

Of the color bods I do get way more large bods that I can ever use. It would be very nice if when offered a large bod I could roll my eyes, groan, and the smith would instead offer me a small filler bod, same size/color/quality. In my time turning in bods I found that I have received *as an example* 4 exceptional 15 count agapite ringmail large bods. Never have seen one of the pieces though, unless you count on a vendor who is wanting ridiculous amounts of gold. Generally I get about 1 large bod for every 6 small color bod. Half of those small bods are the non-combinable variety.

I would also like to see some more bods added to the smithing system. Perhaps a large shield bod for the shield small bods we have, and a large helm bod for the helmets. I understand that tailors have no small bods that cannot be added into large bods. With the addition of the helm and shield large bods the only red headed stepchild of the smiths bod world would be the female plate. Perhaps half of the plate large bods could be filled with the male tunic, and half with the female, leaving no small bod unwanted. With the expansion sets for Samurai and Elven expansions I was hoping against all hope that we could see some more armor and weapon bod sets we could complete. A large bod with the smalls to complete for the following would be great:
Samurai Empire platemail armor set (iron+color ore)
Samurai Empire Fencing weapon set (Iron)
Samurai Empire Macing weapon set (Iron)
Samurai Empire Swords weapon set (Iron)

Tailors I am sure have some items that could be crafted and put on bods

The reward could and should be something unique to Samurai Empire, perhaps a barding deed for the lesser/greater hiryu (with the same benefits as the dragon barding deed) or some Samurai empire smithy decoration, the possibilities just boggle the mind.

Mondain's Legacy also brought about lots of weapons for the smith to create. While the tailors received a bucketful of new items they could create clothing wise, Smith's only got new weapons. Perhaps some of them could also be put onto bods. However as most of them require special items such as amber, diamond and sapphire the reward for a completed bod should be much greater than the reward for a standard bod. The reward should also be unique to the type of bod turned in. Perhaps even a 1 in 10 chance of the rarer of the smithy recipes. I would much rather get that then a gargoyle pickaxe or a prospectors tool that I am just going to drop anyway. Elven large bods for fencing/macing/swords would be great.

Other general issues with the art of the blacksmith I would appreciate getting a look at would be:

When creating weapons/armor to fill a bod, it takes more time to actually fill the bod then to create the weapons. It would be great if there was some way to auto fill bods from a bag in my backpack, or even from my pack. I have seen people mention how they have used UO Assist to fill bods, but I have never figured out how, and each time I ask how its done, nobody responds. I am reasonably sure that when my smith filled out her job application she did not read anywhere "must be willing to contract carpel tunnel" Perhaps some sort of way to click on the bod, and it brings up a menu with a couple of options including "fill" in case you happen to have a pack full of swords, and create and fill in the event you have sufficient ore and a smithy hammer available. My smith pounds out weapons using dull copper hammers on the off chance that the rare super slayer will result and the rejects all go onto bods. Would be nice if I could arrange for them to do so with less than 10 clicks minimum. 1 would be much nicer.

When rummaging through my bod books it would be nice to have some sort of search function. While like most smiths I segregate my bods by ore type. While I can narrow down my search to the size and quality of the I am looking for, it would be nice to be able to grab the gorget bod I want without having to leaf through 15 pages of dull copper 10 count normal bods. of course it would be even more convenient if I could click on a large bod and have it pull the small bods right out of the book, without having me to do it manually, automatically incorporating them into the large if they are filled and allowing me to fill them if they are not.

In regards to smithy hammers and their use, it would be nice at some point if we could guide even slightly the mods that are put on an item. For example if I am attempting to create a slayer weapon with my smith, stating that as a preference in the creation process would be great. As it stands now I can use an entire DC hammer and create no slayer weapons, I figure it takes between 20 and 30 hammers to create one super slayer. These are weapons with pretty much no modifications except the super slayer mod and the +35 damage for being exceptional. Not even close to being overpowered in this day and age. Being able to create these weapons with some greater ease would be nice, they are very good weapons for the younger players, and quite frankly the only reason I can think of for keeping low end hammers. I would expect the guidance to be very general, perhaps from 6 different areas, Leech effect, area affect, slayer effect, HCI/DCI effect, Spell effect, Armor effect. There of course should be no guarantee, you should not expect to craft 10 out of 10 weapons of your preference, but 4 out of 10 would be great. The sort of hammer your using should also give you an increasing number of effects you can attempt to guide, with no more than 3. This way even if you did come across a valorite hammer you could select 3 effects, perhaps leech/area affect/HCI and have a reasonable chance of getting at least one that you want, perhaps even 2. Being less than totally random when crafting armor and weapons would be a huge boon to smiths.

When turning in bods it would be nice if the npc I am turning them into would appreciate my skill. If I turn in a 20 count exceptional gold large bod the last thing I want to build is the 20 count normal dagger bod I was just handed. Some sort of system by which the smith is willing to hand me a bod that is either equal or rarer then the one I just handed in would be great. Also if I happen to have a large bod in the top of my pack, I am more than willing to let the smith have a peek just in case he feels the need to give me one of the smalls to fill it. I am not suggesting that if I hand in a dull copper female plate armor bod that automatically I am to be granted a shadow bod of equal variety. What I am suggesting is that I am not burdened with a lesser bod. If the DC armor bod I just turned in is normal, perhaps a 50% chance of another normal DC armor bod, 40% chance of an exceptional DC bod, and perhaps 9 percent chance of a shadow normal, with the last 1% being shadow exceptional. This way perhaps even I can eventually work my way up to getting enough bits and pieces for the valorite hammer I would love to see. Once you hand in a valorite large bod the ratio should change, perhaps 50% valorite, 40% any color bod, 10% completely random. Lets give the miners out there a reason to seek out and mine all the color ore, not just shadow.

As for the Tailors of the realm:
Since Mondain's Legacy came out with a bunch of new tailor craftable, would be nice if they came out with large bods for the Elven clothing. Tailors doing large bods of Elven items may appreciate some sort of deed that would allow the modification of an Elven only armor item to allow wearing by humans.

I

imported_Chrome

Hello.
My answer about BOD's questions.

1.Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs?

I mainly do blacksmithing BODs.

2. Which rewards are:

1) too hard to get?
Agapite, Verite and Valorite runic hammer
ASH +30 and +60
Color anvil(very narrow range and rare)

2) too easy to get?
Powder of Fortifying (easy for the performance)

3) the most useful?
Powder of Fortifying
Consideration of current item's specification
* too easy to get high-end equipments above valorite runic's equipment.
(ML peerless bosses and strong box's quest)
* performance of equipments changes "only" durability.
("Durability" though the performance is doubtful...)

4) the least useful?
Low-end runic hammer (for BOD's difficulty)

I collect 20 - 30 BOD's (not all accept), but I don't turn in BOD everyday.
L-BOD for good reward is turned in when complete.
S-BOD for good reward is saving tens of pieces, and turns in at once.

If improving BOD's system, I want to consider equipment's specification.

L

Lilac Crypt

First off, I recommend a re-read of a great portion of Gothelder's post.

Then my thoughts.

I do primarily smith bods, because.. well, because I just do. I have a greater love for my smith, perhaps. Anyhow.

Rewards that are too hard to get. I'd like to say upper level smith hammers, because the best one I've ever gotten is gold.. but dammit, then the scripters would be able to flood the market with those too. *sigh* I guess they probably are, cause I've now received around or about 10,000 bods and of those I have one valorite large bod (a normal chain 10) and no pieces to fill it, and two small val bods that are in the bank.

Rewards that are too easy to get. For smiths, pretty much nothing is too easy to get that's worthwhile.

Most useful. Gargoyle pickaxes, sturdy shovels, (picks should be eliminated, as they're too heavy), prospector's tools (at least a third less often, since one prospector's tool easily outlasts three gargoyle picks) POF, the one thing I actually keep my smith's finances afloat from.

Least useful. Leather mining gloves EVER.. okay, maybe once in a blue moon. The studded leather mining gloves are also something that just shouldn't be a smith reward more than once or twice in a hundred chances.

I use every single gargoyle pick I get my hands on as a reward. Of the prospecting tools, I tend to leave five of six at the smithy for someone else. I wish dull copper or shadow iron runics were worth something.. cause right now I'd sure rather get a powder of fort than either of those two.

G

<font color=blue>1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?)</font color=blue>
I do mostly smithing, because it's easier for me to mine and craft than to get leather/cloth and craft. Also because my smith is a mage while my tailor is a paladin, and I like to gate NPC's to maintain compassion while I collect my daily BoD.

<font color=blue>2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?</font color=blue>
Anything over bronze hammer is insanely hard to get (only once got gold since BoD's came out soooooo many years ago. Got maybe 5 or 6 bronzes in all those years).

<font color=blue>- too easy to get?</font color=blue>
No such thing when it comes to crafting. I should be able to make anything without real life luck coming into the mix.

<font color=blue>- are the most useful?</font color=blue>
I'd say high end runic hammers, but the darned results are so random I have been known to burn through literally THOUSANDS of ingots trying to make one particular weapon and still failed.

<font color=blue>- are the least useful?</font color=blue>
Runic hammers are the least useful because of their randomness. They're usually a disappointment that I didn't get what I was shooting for.

<font color=blue>3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day?</font color=blue>
I collect one a day almost every day of the week, and they accumulate 'til I have hundreds, and then I spend a couple of hours turning some in to get powder of fortification or whatnot.

p.s. I guess PoF is the best reward because it's unrandom. You always get what you want, durability on a good weapon. I guess I really like them and would be very upset if they went away.

C

Casey

An idea for smith bods.. instead of those shovels, pickaxes and tools that I see people dropping on the ground all over the place, the reward for lower-end smith bods could be a commodity deed for 100 ingots. I think that's more fair because the low-end tailoring bods give you 100 cloth. The kind of ingots could depend on the level of the bod, iron or dull copper for really low ones, verite or valorite for higher ones, etc.

A

Apocalyptica

. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?)
I do both, I love collecting and filling bods and like the rewards as well.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
Barbed Runic Kits and higher then Gold Hammers, so hard and valuable that they are beeing rampantly duped (that is Europa Shard)

- too easy to get?
the ones that are esay to get are the ones that are low level rewards anyways, so its ok

- are the most useful?
all of the higher ones, seeing that some are deco, some are clothing, some are to make new stuff.

- are the least useful?
the low level ones realy as the market is totally satured wiht them

3 tailors and 2 smithy's doing 2 - 3 runs a da

Own comment: Why not have carpentry bods

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? Blacksmith

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? Higher level hammers
- too easy to get? prospector tool
- are the most useful? Runic hammers and ancient smith hammers
- are the least useful? prospector tools

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day? 5

Runic hammers should be made to make better armor. Ever since AOS metal armor has become useless unless it is mage armor.

Make deeded items have to be axed and destroyed like they used to be that way crafter would be able to sell anvils, looms, bear rugs again.

Make the colored anvils add properties when used (SSI, mage armor,ect.) and let runic hammer properties be add on top of it.

J

Jhym

Except that miners would be out of a job after a week or two.

I wouldn't mind if we received ingot colors that were not 'standard', but I think shifting recipies into this section of rewards would be a great addition.

I

imported_Spiffykeen

I mainly do tailoring, but I do smithing as well, I just seem to remember to get them more often on my tailor.

2. Which rewards are:

- too hard to get?
Smithing: Scrolls, Anvils, high end runics and ASH
Tailoring: Barbed Runic, Bless Deeds

- too easy to get?
Smithing: Gargoyle's Pick axes, Prospector's Tools, Sturdy Picks &amp; Shovels(but I like them) Studded Mining Gloves
Tailoring: 105 and 110 scrolls, stretched hides, spined kits

- are the most useful?
Smithing: Sturdy picks and shovels!!! High end Powerscrolls, Powder of Fort, 105 mining gloves
Tailoring: Barbed Kits, High End Powerscrolls, Bless Deeds

- are the least useful?
Smithing: leather mining gloves, low end runics
Tailoring: spined runic kits, low end Power Scrolls, Stretched Hides!(I like these actually, I just dont need 50 of them... Unless you let me build a club house)

Usually only one, maybe two. My friend put together a communal bod system for a few of us, and we used it to great sucess (until he went on hiatus) When we did that I was compelled to collect more often. As far as turning in, I usually do that all at once, every once in awhile

A suggestion for handing out BODs... on both tailoring and smithing, but on smithing to a higher degree... Scale back the amount of low end bods, and increase the amount of high end bods by the same amount, and not a huge amount, in fact tweak it over time until the playerbase seems happier with it. Not that I know anything about HOW to do that... it just seems like a logical first step maybe

I

imported_Cysphruo

As hard as it is to get a good kit or hammer, the rewards for using one is horrible, you get maybe one good piece every now and then, the chances to get good stuff with them needs to be turned way up.

D

Diminished

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?) Tailoring, too hard to get smalls for smithing/smithing has tons of usless bods

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?Runic Hammers ( smith/tailor system sucks compared to carpentry/fletching )
- too easy to get?People seem to be happy with the amout of barbed larges that drop. They drop very often. Prices are still too high.
- are the most useful? Powder of Fort, Barbed runics, Val - Aga hammers, +20 scrolls, Bless deeds, ASH hammers ( need aTh, aCh and a aFh too )
- are the least useful? EVERYTHING else

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day? 10 - 100

Please take note: The weight on leather needs to be changed becasue there is so much used! Third party programs seem to be the only way to FILL massive amounts of BODS. Getting the resources with a 3rd party program seems to be the only way to get the resources to fill the massive amounts of bods that you use the same 3rd party program to fill them with! Sorting options with a bod book is only good if your looking for a bod... not if your actaully sorting out the bods you just turned in. Also dragging so many bods gets tiresome. Getting enough resources is a major pain! Having bods like a 20 exceptional valorite heater shield is USLESS! The yield off a valorite hammer is not worth your time or money! Getting smalls is almost impossible! /end rant!

G

Some other posters have said more or less the same, but I would like to say that the problem with the BoD system is not the mechanics but the whole design.

The BoD system favors mules more than crafters.

The BoD system rewards people with 5 or 10 crafters who log in regularly and grab a BoD and then harvest raw materials (or contract it) and then fill out a few hundred deeds to get a reward.

The BoD system does not remotely reward people who actually use their crafters for their intended purpose, which is making weapons and armor and clothing for people to wear.

I actually craft as many as ten (sometimes much more) suits of armor a week and make a corresponding number of weapons and shields and then put them together with clothing, boxes and sometimes even rune books, and I don't sell them but actually put them into the field on new players.

There probably are not many crafters in this game right now who actually play their characters to make gear rather than to fill BoD's and get rewards.

I think that's a problem. BoD's were possibly a nice idea at one point for helping crafters, but right now they only help mules (people who don't even use their characters as real characters).

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You should probably also ask players who don't collect BOD's, why it is that they don't. If the BOD system is to be improved, it shouldn't be just for those intrepid players who have accounts devoted to BOD running

Cheers,
Atheryn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your statement in general. BOD running accounts aren't necessary anymore however since the system was changed to give another BOD after turning one in. One character is quite capable of pulling the same number of BODs that one typically used to pull with 2-3 accounts. If you can spare .1 skillpts on other characters it's even easier.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
- too easy to get?
- are the most useful?
- are the least useful?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I collect both tailoring and blacksmithy BODs. I actually fill alot more tailor BODs though. Mostly because I get alot more high quality tailor BODs. I only fill smith BODs for PoF, Gold runics or better, 120 PSs, and +30 or +60 ASHs.

2a) The hardest to get rewards are, of course, the Aggy and higher runic hammers. Bronzes are easy, Gold isn't too bad and BRSKs are OK in my opinion.

I've collected BODs since just a few months after the system was created. I had at one time, between myself and my guildmate, four BOD running accounts with 18 GM-Legendary smith/tailors. I still run eight BOD runners of my own and fill and turn in some to make up the difference. So when I'm home I collect BODs three times per day. So that's a minimum of 24 smith &amp; 24 tailor BODs each day. At the end of the week I'll fill a hundred or so for exchange.

In all this time collecting alot of BODs I've received only three valorite BODS. One was an exceptional 20 count shield BOD, another was an exceptional 10 count chainmail small and I have a normal 20 count plate LBOD locked down on my smith shop's floor. I've never received any smalls to combine into it though. I've also only ever had two verite hammers but I currently have two more LBODs for one, more than half filled, and I have about 10 more LBODs for a verite hammer. It's the smalls that are hardest to get.

2b) TBH I think PoF is a bit too easy to get. I believe that the DC hammer is too common a reward as are mining tools. Hides, rugs, sandles and tapestries are saturated across all shards IMO. There is little to no demand for them. The same goes for all power scrolls.

2c) The most usefull rewards are CBDs, PoF, BRSKs, Gold hammers, sturdy shovels and +5 mining gloves.

2d) The least usefull are gargoyles pickaxes, +1 &amp; +3 mining gloves, 105 &amp; 115 power scrolls, +15 ASH, and stretched hides.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some additional ideas I have thought alot about BODs over the years.

1) I agree with an earlier poster that there are too many runic hammers. I would favor eliminating the DC, Copper and Gold runics. This leaves only five hammers. Adjust the distribution and properties accordingly.

2) Raise the minimum intensity of properties on BRSKs. It shouldn't make 15 pieces of total crap as often as it does and fix the missing property already. It's been a known issure for how long? Here's an idea, remove the mage armor property from all newly crafted items and loot generated. Just kill that property completely then give us a reason to craft &amp; wear metal armor again.

3) Improve/raise the exceptional/colored opportunity for Elder and Legendary.

4) Add at least one more pricing option for BOD books. Using the filter you should be able to mass price all the BODs. Only being able to price one at a time is an extreme PITA. It's time consuming, monotonous, boring and a deterent to maintaing current prices or prices at all on your vendors. Plus I'm tired of all the PMs I get informing me "you know there are scripts for that." Why should a 3rd party program be necessary to do something the coding should allow in the first place.

More I'm sure, I hope this helps.

edit. WoW! Hooray! Yowzas! Yippie! I forgot to thank you for looking at crafting and specically at BODs. Way to go Wilki. You da man.

Z

Zanth

My main thing is New Rewards need to be added &amp; then New Rewards need to be rotated in &amp; out to keep it fresh ..

There are only so many Deco items needed &amp; then they become old &amp; no one has any use for them .. New Deco rewards need to be added &amp; took away every 3 months or so to keep demand going.

I LOVE doing BODs &amp; would love to see new BODs added to new crafting systems !

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes yes, very true. The same deco type rewards cannot go on for years without saturating the shards with them. New and innovative rewards and some meaningfull rotation is necessary for deco rewards.

G

A few more ideas, some direct, some indirect involvement with BODs:

1. Three new Ingots types as rewards from mid-high level BODs (Say 100 or so stack when turned in, colors DARKER green, red, blue with extra mods like the different types of woods). This would give a new resource that would be desirable

2. Develop BODs based on Facet (Britannian facets would be the current "classic" items, Tokuno would feature SE based items, Malas would feature the AOS added weapons, Scale armor, etc, Ilshenar could be reserved for whatever new is added in the future (ML added items?)). To get a certain BOD type you'd have to go to that facet and turn it in on that facet. However you could still only get one BOD per timeframe, not one of each type.

3. Use Item ID or rename Item ID accordingly to create an "enhance" skill that allows for better enhancement success and better Runic properties based on that skill. Tree it off of any one of the craftung skills that can enhance or use runics by requiring 80.0+ in opne of those skills (Smithing, Tailoring, Carpentry, Bowcraft, Tinkering(?)) to start the Enhancing skill

G

If it were based on facet, I hope I don't get forced to collect BoD's in trammel ruleset or to smith in trammel rulest. Our felucca towns are dead enough already as it is, what with expensive faction pricing, etc.

Lots of my smithing is actually done in felucca towns, and all my smithing is done in felucca, and BoD's shouldn't be just one more thing trying to get me to leave home, so to speak.

I

imported_Aurianna

1. Do you mainly do Tailoring or Blacksmithing Bod's ? (Why ?)
I make Bods to get one day a Verite &amp; Valorite Runic Hammer + some Barbed Runic Kits.
Besides PoF is always needet and it sells great.

2. Which Rewards are :

- Too hard to get ?
Agapite Runics, Verite Runics , Valorite Runics, Ash +30, Ash +60, Barbed Kits

- Too easy to get ?
Hides, Rugs, Tapestrys, Dull Copper Runics, Shadow Runics, Copper Runics, Spined Runics

- Are the most useful ?
Agapite Runics, Verite Runics , Valorite Runics, Ash +30, Ash +60, Barbed Kits, Cloth Bless Deeds, PoF

- Are the least useful ?
Dull Copper Runics, Shadow Runics, Copper Runics, Spined Runics

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day ?
Sometimes not a single one, sometimes 10 and more. Depends on my mood. Right now the most Rewards are nothing worth, so it's not even worth to fill in those Bods to get Rewards, like low Level Runics, Hides, Rugs, Tapestrys cause the Resources are much more worth as the Rewards. I would like to see new Rewards and if it goes after me, remove all low Level Bod Rewards.

G

The Britannian (the ones we get right now) ones would be on either Trammel or Felucca... you wouldn't be forced to either facet to collect those, they'd be distributed in both Trammel and Felucca. Newly added ones (in theory) would be availible on the other newer facets and likewise the original ones would NOT be availible on the newer facets.

There would have to be some tweaking and refining to equalize the chances of pulls and rewards so that each facet is equal in distribution, so that the only difference is effectively cosmetic in nature.

I

imported_blazehammer

hi i collect 50 to 100 bods a day the tailor is the one i collect because the smith rewards are not worth the ingot useage valorite hammers are so hard to get i have 60 gm smiths and never have gotten one valorite bod small or large i fill 1k to 3k bods a week tailor bods i just keep clothing bless deeds and barbed kits . spine kits and stretched hides are not worth the time to fill them. i use the reward cloth to fill the bods because the cloth doesn't sell so not worth the cost of putting it on a vendor you do really need a bod pricing on the filter to price 500 bods is way to time consuming. trying to get a anvil on a smith reward is way to low hard to get had over 100 smith sets for chance of anvil not one anvil out of 100 sets chances was supposed to be 10 percent but all i got was 110 smith scrolls that dont sell so not worth filling i just trash the bods for those rewards just thought i would put my 2 cents in thanks for lreading my post Blazehammer LCL

G

gothelder

Greetings again.

I did have one other question that I forgot about in my original post. How is it that I can turn in a close helm bod 20 count exceptional and get the exact same cash reward back. I turned in a Iron version of the bod and got the 615 gold plus a prospectors too, moved on to Dull Copper, where I got the 615 in coin, but I also got Powder of Fortifcation. Heading up to the Shadow ore once again I was rewarded with 615 gold in my purse and a DC runic hammer in my pack. My copper version of the bod also netted my bank 615 gold, and DC runic hammer. I unfortunatly did not have a bronze or gold version of the bod, but I did turn in the Agapite flavor of 20 count exceptional close helm bod. My bank account swelled with the expected 615 gold coin, and a bronze hammer landed in my pack. I have never seen the verite or valorite version of the bod, but near as I can tell, there would be no change in the cash reward.

Now I did not become a smith to get rich, but one would expect with the increase in rarity of the bod type, the cash reward would also be increased. Some folks actually do measure their smiths worth by the number of zero's in their bank account.

I

imported_Anakena

I am doing tailoring and blacksmithing Bods. I use 3 accounts, 5 characters per account having each 0.1 in tailoring and blacksmithing. They can gather 1 smith and tailoring bod per hour (junk one that will be recycled later). The recycled bods enable my GM tailor/smith to get the real valuable bods.

This activity is a bit tedious but I do it when I need to relax and change my mind.

2. Which rewards are:

- too hard to get?
Valorite runic kit : in six month I gathered several thousands of smith bods and I don't think i got even a small bod for that kit. In the same time I got a lot of barbed kits

- too easy to get?
I think Powder of fortification is rather easy to get
120 tailor PS

- are the most useful?
Powder of fortification
Horned and barbed kits
Cloth bless deeds
Agapite to valorite runic kits
120 smith and tailor PS
Ancient smith hammers

- are the least useful?
shovels, gargoyle pickaxes, low level PS, bear rugs, spined runic kit, low level smith runic hammer

It really depends. It takes me 5 minutes to collect 30 junk bods (15 tailor, 15 smith). I do it 2 or 3 times a day, but the last two weeks I have been lazy and I didn't gather even one while during the christmas holydays i collected and recycled a lot more.

G

Tailoring - the rewards are better and the bods are cheaper to fill

Hard to get - the upper level blacksmith hammers are very difficult to get consider the mods on the items they make.
Barbed kits aren't as hard to get, but they also have a broken mod system which makes them less valuable than they should be.

PoF are pretty easy to get considering they are one of the most sought after rewards.

Most useful: barbed kits, bless deeds, PoF
Least useful: stretched hides, gargoyle hammers, +1 and +3 gloves

I collect bods about once a month when I remember to. I fill about 300 every month all at once. But I get almost all of the bods I have from falling houses, so I may not be the best person to ask.

I

imported_Seasseragh

I only do Tailoring BODs.
That said i completely agree with above posters on the other questions, but i have to add: We need more regular shoes!

I still do the cloth-LBODs and they are usually sitting in my book until i find a fitting shoe-BOD. I also collect the colored Shoes, but only to collect some new BODS when i have surplus colored leather.
Also normal leather shoe LBODs are useless.

G

Because both are equally treated, both are gotten. (Because there are only one
person production mastering. )

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? : Valorite-Runic Smithy Hammer
- too easy to get? : Prospecter Tool
- are the most useful? : Barbed-Runic &amp; Ancient Hammer+60 &amp; Clothing Bless DEED &amp; Powder of Fortifying
- are the least useful?
: Blacksmithy&amp;#12288;: MiningGloves+1&amp;+3 : Gargoyle's Pickaxe&amp;#65288;It only has to plunder the) : Dull&amp;Shadow&amp;CopperRunic (Because the thing that you may actually use doesn't go out, it doesn't use it. )
: Tailoring : Spined-Runic &amp; Horned-Runic (Because the thing that you may actually use doesn't go out, it doesn't use it. )

<font color="red"> </font>

V

venusqpid

Of course Tailoring.
Why is Any Runic Hammer of Blacksmithing does NOT make good item.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
Small BOD for Valorite and Verite Platemail.

- too easy to get?
Cloth of Tailoring.

- are the most useful?
Block trading BOD for "Barbed Runic Sawing Kit".

- are the least useful?
Any weapons BOD of Blacksmithing.

Tailoring one and Blacksmithing one in each day.

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Both. I mostly do tailoring ones though since ingots are way too time consuming to get. Much time to mine ingots, more time to do the smith bods ...

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
Runics
- too easy to get?
Hmm.. the low level rewards.
- are the most useful?
Runics , powerscrolls, pofs, cbds.
- are the least useful?
All rewards have its usefulness more or less.

Hmm I usually collect 40-50 plain ones daily.
I usually turn in around 100 daily cause i am bored to death if i turn more.
Hope i helped.

L

luners

Tailoring BOD

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?: Valorite Runic Hammer
- too easy to get?: none
- are the most useful?: Valorite Runic Hammer(it can create high-end weapon) and Barbed Runic Sewing Kit(it can create high-end suits)
- are the least useful?: Spined Runic Sewing Kit, Horned Runic Sewing Kit, Power Scroll +10 and +15, Dull Copper Runic Hammer, Shadow Runic Hammer....etc

G

1. Both - I pull both but I only actively fill Smithy BoDs.
Why? Well, I actively fill blacksmithy BoDs every 3-6 months. I'll keep &amp; fill some of the lesser ones to reset the timer when I'm doing this. I enjoy the blacksmithy system because it has many more variables than tailoring.
As for tailoring: I just collect the BoDs and keep telling myself I'll fill them eventually. But with all the tailors already doing them and with the availability of the rewards, I tend to just purchase them with gold rather than work for them.

2. Rewards are:
- too hard for me to get: Gold, Agapite, Verite, Valorite Runics, Hued Anvils; not that it's too hard but the randomality of a. getting one &amp; b. getting desirable, makes it rather complex (SO - I paid 1 million for a Gold Runic recently - I spent 1.5 years devoted to the Smithy BoD system trying to legitimately pull all the necessary BoDs myself. I think it took me 3 years to get my first Gold Runic &amp; that was only because there were BoD vendors selling &amp; I found 2 of the deeds for sale / and now I can buy one for 1 million gold. It's not worth the effort to obtain via BoDs unless I had an army of smiths at work - So, I approach the BoD systems very casually and now tend to just buy any big reward).
- too easy for me to get: This feels relative to the above and relative to amount of time BoDing - Everything is too easy, for me, aside from Barbed, Gold, Agapite, Verite, &amp; Valorite runics. But then, I haven't claimed tailoring BoDs / only bought them so far.
- are the most useful to me: Barbed, Agapite, Verite, Valorite Runics. Powder of Fortification. Ancient Smithy Hammers. Clothing Bless Deed. Gargoyle Pickaxe. Prospector's Tool. +5 Smithy Gloves.
- are the least useful to me: Stretched Hide. +1 &amp; +3 Smithy Gloves. Scrolls of Power (to me) - you get enough 120s and the rest collect dust or sell for peanuts, these days.

3. 1.5 per day average for both smith &amp; tailoring. Before the value dropped which made it easier for me to just purchase desirables with gold: I used to collect an average of 10.5 smithy &amp; 7 tailoring per day. This was also pre-BoD-timer resetting with turn-ins.

If you'd like suggestions on improving it all, just let us know, heh.

M

MYUO

Wilki:
If you plan to make BOD more interesting to play, it is a good idea to add new consumable rewards like POF (new ingots, leather, tools with charges) or some rare decos.

If you want to make "useful" combat gears more avialable to "average" players, BOD won't serve you well. Here is the logic:

Only high end runics can make gears that can have a chance to be compared with the tons of arties avialable.
To achieve your goal of making good stuff more common, you will have to make the high end runics easier to get.
In order to let "average" players, instead of players with 20 bod runners, some high end runics, the high end runics have to be "really" easy to get.

Possible outcome: intensified arm race/item inflation, devalue the current player collection of high end runics and BODs, it could also discourage players to pvm, to do t chest, etc.

To balance the sources (pvm, t hunt/fishing, quest, bod) of combat items, it may be a good idea to focus each source on one type of combat item - pvm focuses on weapons/armors, t hunt focuses on magic jewlries/resources, bod and quest have a little bit of everything.