• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Tamers are Overpowered

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. I just hope the fix comes soon or at least we get told what is planned. Not that I use GDs in Fel, but I feel tempted to hoof them out the stable for some kitsune because they're such an embarrasment. I think my GD distaste has spilled over into my pet handling too, I seem to keep playing the "how many dread spiders does it take to kill a GD" game a lot lately... *cough*

Wenchy

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think all archers should be deleted. Starting with yours.
Damn Man! you have soooo many problems playing this game.
Mabey Uo is way too advanced for your skill set to even play. Archers, dragons, ninja's, dexxers, mages and combinations of..... sad so sad.

Constantly dying to people who havent played as long as you, dont forget they have better stuff than you too.

Turn in your boots Tex, time to pasture out. imo

Y

Yalp

dang.....I better go find one of these marauding bands of GDTamer Pvp'rs on BAJA.. sounds like from these boards they own the place. I want to be part of that kind of dominance..... now if I can just find those sneaky bastages.. where did they go.. can't see past all those archer/dexer/sampies/vampies/poisoners...

..... maybe they are in the back... let me go check... brb!

T

thechoppa

Interesting....I would wonder.... how do you make the equivalent changes to a melee weapon and their meleer or a bow and their archer?
There we go, for your information, pets are NOT a weapon. They are a second player, with tons of hit points (6 to 10 times the amont of hitpoints of a player), with their own set of skill points and you dont decide if it is going to cast a flame strike or a lightning, or greater heal himself... Not to mention most of the pvp tamers also have a weapon skill and tactics to do special moves.

So you limit the tamer and pet to a weaker set of resist and stats.. but 3, 4, 5 players.. all maxed stats and skills get to gank the weaker one (how bloody pathetic) ..
Any player, regardless of the template, should be as good as dead when 3,4,5 players decide to kill them. As for "a weaker set of stats and resists" i would like to remind you that, with the proposed solution, the total stats and resists, between the tamer and his pets would be equal to the player he faces (720 skills and 225 stats), therefore not weaker!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the folly of that idea.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that tamers are unbalanced and that they defeat the whole idea of PLAYER vs PLAYER. I realize that the proposed changed would render the tamers (50% of pvp teamplates atm) useless. Thats the whole idea of my proposal.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would you do with the greater dragons that are already tamed?

My greater dragon does less damage in PvM than most archers do, and archery is almost risk free. And greater dragons aren't really the best pet to use many PvM situations, meaning my cu sidhe or bake/mare/rune beetle/etc. is better. A dread mare/mare combo does as much damage in PvP, and 5 frenzies can kill even faster in many cases... Do you want to untame those also?

So, now that the genie is out of the bottle, I don't think what you propose is the best solution.
A rune beetle or mare isn't nearly unkillable by 1-2 players though. And how is playing a tamer a risk? You can wear a luck suit AND not have to touch the baddie. Archers take more risks than tamers, end.

T

tommywoi

Also, I think as time passes pets should eventually become weak and die. Maybe after 1 RL week the pet starts to go. Also I think to stable the more powerful pets such as the overpowered Greater Dragon it should cost at least 1 Mil maybe 5 Mil per week to stable it.
obviously, u have never played a tamer in the game (whether in pvp or not). 5 million a week to stable a pet? haha.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A rune beetle or mare isn't nearly unkillable by 1-2 players though. And how is playing a tamer a risk? You can wear a luck suit AND not have to touch the baddie. Archers take more risks than tamers, end.
Only way for 1-2 players to kill the GD is if the tamer is a completely noob and/or DCed or dead. And if the tamer exploits the log out log in trick players still dont get to kill it. Tamer is the least risky class in PvM especially. Sampire can whiff 2 swings and die, archers will have to take direct nuke and getting teleported to the bosses same as mages. And EV gets instant killed against high end bosses if not auto instant dispelled.

Tamers dont take hit, dont get teleported, dont get cast upon. Tamers shouldnt be the one complaining really. Think about it tamers think please. Oh most importantly, we are not trying to get tamer nerfed (most powerful pvm) in PvM, and gimp tamer templates are the most powerful PvP template variation today. We are just concern about PvP. And if you are thinking going against 3,4,5 people at once (and you probably done it before), you ARE unbalanced already. This seems to be the tamers idea today: Oh I am balanced in PvP because 3, 4 ,5 people can still gank me at the sametime and I can ONLY kill 1 or 2 of them before they ALL GANKED me.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
obviously, u have never played a tamer in the game (whether in pvp or not). 5 million a week to stable a pet? haha.
Horrible idea indeed. Let us not forget how badly this would affect PvM tamers as well.

H

Heartseeker

It's called variety folks.

Not every template works against each other.

Mages die to dexers, dexers to archers and tamers to bards.

Get over it already.

How can a tamer kill ya with that 10 mile and hour pet anyways?

You guys must A) suck B) never run C) Never tried killing the tamer first D) Just want to up your post count by pancakeing.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's called variety folks.

Not every template works against each other.

Mages die to dexers, dexers to archers and tamers to bards.

Get over it already.

How can a tamer kill ya with that 10 mile and hour pet anyways?

You guys must A) suck B) never run C) Never tried killing the tamer first D) Just want to up your post count by pancakeing.
If you are a tamer and died to a bard, then you must suck, and there's no other options. and in reply to your noob pvp tamer comments.

A) we suck maybe, but not that sucky enough to the point to play a zero skill all kill newbie template. So you must suck really hard.

B) If you are a pvp tamer and didnt put us on foot then you must suck.

C) Tamer got kill 1v1 with a instant killing zero skill required pets? You must suck even very hard.

D) Yep, just like the typical tamers here, inferior PvPer wannabes that cant do anything with RL skill so they resort to using AI to PvP. And then b1itch about how 5 people can still kill them.

You are not a real PvPer if you dont even have the ability to see what's wrong with the pets in PvP. You are what you are, not a PvPer you are a P&PvPer that tries to act like a PvPer. ^^

Edit: oh yea just saw your other posts... seems like you dont like fel, and is protesting how tram should get everything fel has. No WONDER...... I understand it now. Trammies like you should try to spend more time in fel, and you really shouldnt be commenting on PvP because obviously you dont even PvP.

H

Heartseeker

War, actually PVP was what I enjoyed the most.

Emphasis on was.

When my opponent takes no risk fighting me I don't see the point anymore.

This game caters to that no risk crowd; which includes all Fel players now.

So now there is less to do for myself since the best part of the game has been neutered.

I still go look for fights but only half heartedly.

I never played a tamer till recently, and never in PVP.

Although others have attacked me with pets.

Bottom line is that there is always some temp better than the one you're using.

Personally I don't have a bigger problem when I die to GD or when I get jumped.

F

Frey Wavestrider

Just a quick comment on tamers being least dangerous template for PvM. If you think so you have not PvM or been doing the invasions. In order for my pet to survive against a crimson I am standing with it and vetting it constantly. I get hit with all the area attacks, against the Captains and Generals they will switch to the tamer. Most of the bosses will will do the same take out the tamer, pets easier to deal with then. Taming is a skill that takes alot of time and effort to raise, and it is definitely not risk free. As for PVP any template has a weakness and people will find it. But if you cap one skill set you cap the others. If pets do max 35 damage that is what any weapon should do. Regardless of EOO, CW and Bushido. Anytime a new template comes out and people cannot find a solution they call for it to be nerf'd. I will hate to see what happens when SA comes out and you start to see Gargoyle pally/necro/sampere templates etc. saying pets and tamer should share skill points does not equal the playing field, sharing the points makes both weaker and easier to kill.

O

Old Man of UO

... saying pets and tamer should share skill points does not equal the playing field, sharing the points makes both weaker and easier to kill.
But, that is their point exactly! Those posters want to remove Tamers from PvP any way they can, NOT level the playing field. They want their own favorite template to be "l33t."

For those people who want to nerf or remove taming from PvP, you may as well add a PvP Easy Button. Click the button and you are immune to attacks from whatever template you choose!

X - I do not wish to PvP with:
A. Tamers
B. Dexxers
C. Spellcasters
D. Archers
E. My Guild
F. Alchemists
G. Bards
I. Young Players
H. Mean People

And I also agree, that if you cap damage breath or any other PvP damage, it must be capped or balanced for all skills, including archery, magery, necro, etc. But it just isn't that easy.

O

Old Man of UO

Oh most importantly, we are not trying to get tamer nerfed (most powerful pvm) in PvM, and gimp tamer templates are the most powerful PvP template variation today.
Trammies like you should try to spend more time in fel, and you really shouldnt be commenting on PvP because obviously you dont even PvP.
You obviously know nothing about Tamers and using pets in PvM... they are far from weak, but perhaps 3rd or 4th most powerful in PvM, and have serious weakness with many high end bosses. You should only comment on PvP and spend more time playing a tamer in PvM, because obviously you don't know what you are talking about.

D

Divster

Capping pet damage against players seems to be the best solution for this issue. this would mean the pvm side of things was unaffected and would bring a lot of balance to pvp. rather than bring up things like extortianate stabling fees we should focus on things that would actually help towards the aim of this thread topic.. PVP.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously know nothing about Tamers and using pets in PvM... they are far from weak, but perhaps 3rd or 4th most powerful in PvM, and have serious weakness with many high end bosses. You should only comment on PvP and spend more time playing a tamer in PvM, because obviously you don't know what you are talking about.
I know what I am talking about. And my legendary real skill tamer told me so. I PvM sometimes, and tried sampire and ABC archer. Tamer is not the best damaging but definately the EASIEST to play. Overall, tamers are the strongest in PvM and the only class able to get 1800+ luck (ask my luck suit I got on) and still able to kill peerless bosses solo. IMO, they are the perfect PvM template.

Obviously you still dont play tamer and PvM enough to know that tamer is arguably the best PvM template. Easiest to play, consistantly rocking 1800+ luck and the only class possible to kill a boss without taking a point of damage. Please learn how to PvP and PvM, before you comment on PvP and PvM. We can meet in game on my legendary pure PvM discord tamer. Sorry as a PvM tamer myself, tamers are the best, easiest, well rounded thus most powerful PvM template.

Peace out.

O

Old Man of UO

Capping pet damage against players seems to be the best solution for this issue. this would mean the pvm side of things was unaffected and would bring a lot of balance to pvp. rather than bring up things like extortianate stabling fees we should focus on things that would actually help towards the aim of this thread topic.. PVP.
I really don't have a problem with that idea, but you also need to cap all other PvP damage to create a balance. Theoretically, all PvP damage should be the same:
a. damage per hit, or
b. damage over time

If you don't do that or something similar, it really isn't balancing anything just to cap pet damage. It's going to take more than just capping pet damage to create a balance.

O

Old Man of UO

I know what I am talking about. And my legendary real skill tamer told me so. I PvM sometimes, and tried sampire and ABC archer. Tamer is not the best damaging but definately the EASIEST to play. Overall, tamers are the strongest in PvM and the only class able to get 1800+ luck (ask my luck suit I got on) and still able to kill peerless bosses solo. IMO, they are the perfect PvM template.

Obviously you still dont play tamer and PvM enough to know that tamer is arguably the best PvM template. Easiest to play, consistantly rocking 1800+ luck and the only class possible to kill a boss without taking a point of damage. Please learn how to PvP and PvM, before you comment on PvP and PvM. We can meet in game on my legendary pure PvM discord tamer. Sorry as a PvM tamer myself, tamers are the best, easiest, well rounded thus most powerful PvM template.

Peace out.
You are generalizing and making assumptions that aren't true at all. If your tamer is the most powerful you have in PvM then you aren't playing the rest to their benefits. My dexxer runs with 1290-2000+ luck suit and by far out damages any greater dragon (or any other pet except a pack of frenzzies) in most (not all) PvM. My archer does even more damage without ever getting hit by anything other than spells - and all you have to do with archery is pull up a health bar and target it once or twice while staying out of range, my Mage/Spellweaver competes well with anyone, and my bard does more damage than any other in PvM but is perhaps the hardest to play. The easiest PvM template by far is the archer - oh wait, I have to remember to reload my quiver!

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP tamers are not a problem the problem is the fact there always have been few tamers to deal with the only last time tamers were really a force was back when you could control 5 dragons and park them at the gate during the glory days of factions. I think what it is is peoples lack of exp. with these templates. with that being said now that there are more popping up some pvp balance issues are cropping up with pets special abilities some may need adjusting against only players dont nerf the pet just nerf some abilities against players only.

Y

Yalp

Any player, regardless of the template, should be as good as dead when 3,4,5 players decide to kill them. As for "a weaker set of stats and resists" i would like to remind you that, with the proposed solution, the total stats and resists, between the tamer and his pets would be equal to the player he faces (720 skills and 225 stats), therefore not weaker!
might work if the opposing pvp'r with 100% of their skills had to attack the tamer AND the pet simultaneously.. therefore it would be 100% v 100%... but that is NOT the scenario proposed... it's 100% v. some version of less than 100%. which is like high school kids beating up on kindergarteners...

Y

Yalp

There we go, for your information, pets are NOT a weapon. They are a second player, with tons of hit points (6 to 10 times the amont of hitpoints of a player), with their own set of skill points and you dont decide if it is going to cast a flame strike or a lightning, or greater heal himself... Not to mention most of the pvp tamers also have a weapon skill and tactics to do special moves.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that tamers are unbalanced and that they defeat the whole idea of PLAYER vs PLAYER. I realize that the proposed changed would render the tamers (50% of pvp teamplates atm) useless. Thats the whole idea of my proposal.
Your premise is that a tamer + pet is EQUIVALENT to multiple players? So they are a roving squad of pvp? How then is that different than 3 or 4 or 5 reds running around together? Do you suggest that the different players adjust their stats and skills to only have 720 skill point between them? Or that they share the max for their stats? Do you control what your partner in pvp does with their spells? Or special moves?

Realizing that the tamer and pets are a TEAM that work together is your first step in adjusting your strategy in pvp. You wouldn't take on 3 reds when you are out solo.. why would you want to take on a tamer and greater when you are out solo? Being able to defeat 3 reds by yourself isn't calling for balance.. it's calling for dominance. Or it's calling for nerfing tamers into oblivion... both of which I hope the devs see through.

F

Frey Wavestrider

I would love to have 2000+ luck for my tamer, only players I know with that are bushido, archers, pallys. And if you think a tamer is the easiest then more power to you. It is the hardest to raise the skills, you need to spend time working and training your pets up so they can do bosses, then when they do you need to stand with them and fight. Easiest is archer, second is pally, when I am tired I bring on my archer or pally to work all I have to do is ensure the I have ammo and bandaids. Then target the monster.

But that does not change the fact that nerfing the damage by a pet on a human but and not limiting the damage special weapons and bows do will result in yet another imbalance that affects not just PVP'rs but all players. I have a castle in Fel and I go to sponsored events in Fel. To limit the pet damage would affect my ability to go to those events, and participate on a shard where I have been pk'd by a guy and next day he comes to me for pet rezzed, no harm no foul that is part of the game. But not every shard, guild or player is like that and unfortunately the ones who would use it to gank players to get items etc seem to be the ones winning.

Add the fact that you make the limit 35 per pet, so I have 2 bakes they go and together do 70 plus attacking together. SO do you limit how many pets I can have. Then why should an archer have 2 or more quivers or a fencer or swordsman more than one weapon. If you think GD's are too powerful find a way to beat the template do not ask the Dev's to do it for you. Every template has stengths and weaknesses. I read on the boards that PvP involves stategy so do some.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Realizing that the tamer and pets are a TEAM that work together is your first step in adjusting your strategy in pvp. You wouldn't take on 3 reds when you are out solo.. why would you want to take on a tamer and greater when you are out solo?

Exactly.

A lot of the ganker-reds out there hate tamers because we don't have to put up with their BS.

Someone above stated that when 3-5 people decide to kill you, that you should be dead. Well, the same thing can be said for a tamer and a pet. If a player and Greater Dragon attack you, you should expect to die as well.

You anti-tamer types are just lucky that our pets lose stats and skill when tamed. If our Greaters were as powerful as they are when wild, you would REALLY be in trouble.

Y

Yalp

No one honestly believes tamers rule pvp. I am not sure on which shard they do, but I'd like to see it. The constant drumbeat to nerf tamers and their pets is so ferocious from some peeps it is obvious they have an agenda to rid tamers from pvp. I hope the devs see through it too.

O

Old Man of UO

No one honestly believes tamers rule pvp. I am not sure on which shard they do, but I'd like to see it. The constant drumbeat to nerf tamers and their pets is so ferocious from some peeps it is obvious they have an agenda to rid tamers from pvp. I hope the devs see through it too.
Of course they see through it... regardless of what has been said, they are pretty smart people. It's just hard to balance everything to everyone's liking... especially people who lose in PvP. LOL

T

thechoppa

Realizing that the tamer and pets are a TEAM that work together is your first step in adjusting your strategy in pvp. You wouldn't take on 3 reds when you are out solo.. why would you want to take on a tamer and greater when you are out solo? .
Thanks for admiting that a "team" made of a greater dragon and a player is unbalanced against any other solo player.

That being said, the solution that you propose is to avoid attacking a tamer.

Do you realize that sometimes, its the tamer that attacks the solo pvper? Dismounting him most of the time...

Almost all active pvpers have at least one pvp tamer on their account. I see some pvp guilds with statistics as high as 40% of them having taming skills. That should tell alot about the advantage of using one. Advantage being here synonym with imbalance.

Regarding balance, I dont care if your weapon is a greater dragon, a sword, a bow, a plastic banana or all of the above, if one can't have a fair fight 1vs1, then it's unbalanced and needs to be look into.

But hey, the opinions here are obviously biased by the fact tamers want strong templates and the none tamers want the tamers to be hit with the big nerf stick. So I hope you are right about one thing, the devs will be able to see thru it!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either way, no matter how tamer are trying to disguise themselves being balanced in pvp because 3 to 5 people still have a chance to kill them, DEVs already stated that pets need to and will be toned down, especially for greater dragon and dragon breathe. Of course they are smart people and saw thru it already.

Glad everyone had come to an agreement and DEVs obviously did too.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now the devs just need to follow through and actually change something...

Maybe in time for next New Year's, seeing as they couldn't do it for this one *mumble*

Wenchy

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who complain about tamers in PVP are just inexperienced at the art of PvP and probably should not even speak of PvP matters. It is best to let those who know expound on these items.

On my shard, we don't see many because they usually are dead in the first 5 seconds of any fight, with their pet very shortly after that. 1 area peace and that is all she wrote for most any tamer template. We actively LOOK for the tamer who shows as guarded and then play ping pong with their pet as we kill their "master". End of story.

Follow the golden rules of pet pvp and you will be fine:

1. If you see an enemy ridable; Poison it
2. If you see an enemy non-ridable; Paralyze it / cross field it
3. If a mate is being attacked by a pet; Invis them

3 simple rules to follow and tamer pvp templates simply disappear from your shard. Simply slaughter any and all tamers after applying any of the 3 rules. There is not a single tamer template that survive even the weakest of normal pvp templates.

The newer dread mare riding archer tamers are the weakest and most easily dispatched with a bola and applying rule 1 to keep them from re-mounting Just hit the now on foot archer with mana vamp and they are soft as newly killed kittens. They do not have resist on that cramped template. It is also just plain funny to lay down 3 efields over the mare to keep them from getting close enough to even trying to remount..hilarious!! You will enjoy the OooOOoo crying that goes on.

I recommend that those who have tears streaming down their faces about tamers try to not have the weaker templates and use more than current 2-3 cells of the gray matter housed in that skeletal structure that carries their eyeballs. Things will suddenly become much clearer and they may actually survive an attack from a pvp cook.

Now that you have been given the correct information, we can get on with the normal task of killing and leave tear streaming to women and children. and off these boards :bowdown::scholar:

Laughable.

Y

Yalp

Thanks for admiting that a "team" made of a greater dragon and a player is unbalanced against any other solo player.
What team of pvp'rs ISN"T unbalanced against a solo player?

If we view the greater as a weapon then let's cap ALL pvp weapon damage at some random number. No bow or blade, spell or pet, potion or special move can do above xxx amount/sec. THAT would be balance.

If we view the greater as an additional member of the pvp squad, then all groups of pvp'r +1 would need adjusted. THAT would be balance. Are YOU volunteering to have your hard earned skills "balanced" so some solo crafter can stand 1/2 a chance in Fel?

I feel tamers+GD are a TEAM. Wanna "balance" this team? Then balance ALL teams.

G

Goodoljoe

GDs are far too slow to be a real problem to a good pvper,granted you can get bollad,but that can happen anyway with a GD or a swarm of greater chickens.The only real problem I see is their firebreathe as it can most often insta-kill a player on the run from a bazilion tiles away.But lets not confuse PvP with PvM tamer,many tamers dont give a flying rats arse about PvP.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 things need to be done, then we can sit back and assess.

1: fix log out/log in/petball while flagged

2: fix monsters casting on you from far away

H

Harb

PvP Tamers are Overpowered....
Many "stakeholders," of which I'm one, are going to argue your base premise emotionally. I won't, in fact, "tamers are overpowered" is about as intellectually undebatable as anything could possibly be, once you shelve the emotions of it all. It creeps into everything dev does, note that almost every new aspect of the game must include an "anti-pet" mechanism simply to provide challenge. Beyond your base premise however, I think your recommendations go overboard:

There's so many angles to this discussion so I'll just throw something out there. I really think tamer should be required to have Vet skill. This could be implemented by having pet Stat/Skill decay over time (as the pet is neglected health care by it's owner)

Also, I think as time passes pets should eventually become weak and die. Maybe after 1 RL week the pet starts to go. Also I think to stable the more powerful pets such as the overpowered Greater Dragon it should cost at least 1 Mil maybe 5 Mil per week to stable it.
Vet is a great skill, depending on tasks to be performed. 2 of my 3 tamers use it, it's indespensible to how they're played. As a requirement however, the "logic" doesn't flow for me. "Herding," one of the never used skills, might fit as an additional requirement for obeying commands and/ or loyalty checks. As templates get rather crowded as is, and with new skills on the way, were herding to be included in checks, the weight/influence/ requirement should remain reasonably low. It becomes a balancing act for dev, as it also needs to have significance for higher level level creatures. Taming difficulty could probably be lowered overall, going back to an original but since voided pledge that powerscrolls would never be required for play, and dampening much of the argument reference item based skill modifiers. The trouble is, as your thread title implies, that a couple hundred poinits of skill, coupled with a cu or greater dragon are disproportionally strong relative to skill point investment.

I couldn't disagree more with your decay proposal, it shows taming isn't "your thing." Try taming a blaze cu, the spawn chance of which are 1 in over 23,000. At 5 minutes time invested per tame, accounting for other spawn and paragons in the spawn region, and have it go "poof." After a design requirement of 2000 man hours - oh no. Seriously, no way. Increasing the gold investment to stable also assumes that everyone plays 24/7, and plays to attain gold, neither of which is true for the majority of players.

So, I agree with your premise, just not your "solution." :)

Edit: Before it becomes an issue, let me cover some "history" regarding my thoughts on herding, as I've voiced them before over the years here and on other boards. As above, I do think it should play a role in obeying and possibly loyalty checks, scaled based on creature level. I also hate "nerfs," and am strongly opposed to anything infringing on anyone's gaming entertainment/ enjoyment. As inherently such a change does "take away," I feel it equally important it "give something back." I've recommended before that for every 10 points of skill, you add an additional stable slot. At one point I also recommended that for every 20 points, it add a "follower slot." As to the latter, my original recommendation would need a revision, as 2 greater dragons would be a tad too powerful. 1 added follower per 25 would negate scroll effects, probably not a good thing, and 1 slot per 30 points would cause a scroll requirement for 2 cus, the scroll requirement probably also not a good thing.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

2 things need to be done, then we can sit back and assess.

1: fix log out/log in/petball while flagged
As long as you take out skill loss in PvP for pets.

2: fix monsters casting on you from far away
This one we agree on 100%. Whatever the range that a player mage or archer can hit you from should be the exact same range that a pet can hit you from, no more...no less.

L

Lady Kiara

There is alot of good points made in this thread along with the countless of other threads that were made by PVPers that can't handle being beaten...Tamers are easy beaten, even solo there easy beaten...that i have learned on both sides of the field...from what i can see,if you can beat them then there isn't a problem...IF you Lose then WHAAAA I want the Nerf stick because i'm to lasy to figure out how to beat them...or All my char slots are used up and i can't build another temp plate to beat a class that just beat me....

Nerfing Tamers is not the answer only because there are many other templates out there that are equal to or greater then the Tamer.Having Tamers nerfed in PVP is Like saying You can't use your Bow or Sword or Regs..while PvPing Because you MIGHT KILL SOMEONE (God forbid that ever happens)So this being my opion (as everyone has one)If your going to PvP then exspect to
DIE

The only thing i hate is when you are attacked by say 5 to 7 people when your just runing the dugeons in FEL minding your own....and HEY they think it's funny(at the time).Then when the tables are turned and you seek out each and every single one...One at a time and beat them 1V1 alone then it's not so funny anymore to them and they get pissed because...errrrr...your stalking...

If you want FEL to be Nerfed give the list that shouldn't be aloud in fel so that when you enter fel it goes straight in your Bank or stable...

Example...Tamer enters fel with GD...GD goesPUFF and is now in your stable...This could work for alot of things...While in fel...."you can't equiped that here" message is giving when trying to Equiped a over powered weapon...

In anycase I love you all no matter what you are:lick:be it Tamer,Fighter,Archer,Sampire, Learn to compete not to argue...

M

MoneyMaker

Have nobody learned yet? I've said it before and i'll say it again. If you suceesfuly get tamers nerfed the tamer will most likley wont be able to compete even if they can compete guess who they gonna scraem on these boards to get nerf most likly youre certain skill class and then so you can divert the attention from your self to try to nerf another class and then that class will be angry and attack youre class or another and round and round it goes. Every template getting weaker and weaker to keep up with the previous template that was nerf to oblivion. Once again this game is a skill set game theres no only could be tamer only could be archer etc.. But changes keep pushing that which is not in the spirit of a 7 gm 6 legendary or 10 master skill sets etc.. Stop having just one certain template in youre 7 slots and play with them all so that it effect you no matter what is nerfed.

Make every body skill more usable and powerful not weaker so that every one can finaly meet in a higher level but not equal as that means this will end up another math game etc..(i hit for 5 because attack phy always hit for 5 and you hit for 6 cause attack magic always hit's for 6 now i calculate the chess moves to get a advantage using the classic pincer attack and he will counter at with the classic (insert method here)). Man am tired of games becoming like chess.
Once again this game is a skill set game theres no only could be tamer only could be archer etc.. But changes keep pushing that which is not in the spirit of a 7 gm 6 legendary or 10 master skill sets etc.. Stop having just one certain template in youre 7 slots and play with them all so that it effect you no matter what is nerfed.

Ty, UOkiaser
At least i know there are some others out there that actually use the slots for something other than a way to make 6-7 kinds of fencer or mage.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers nerfed in PVP is Like saying You can't use your Bow or Sword or Regs..
If my sword or bow could float around, attack by itself, soak up 900 hps of damage vs an average of 70 resists, all the while I can run around behind it casting spells or doing whatever, then yes, you would have a point.

I for one as I have said many times don't think that GD's on prodo shards are a big deal, but I really wish they would do something about it on siege where they -ARE- without any question a severe problem.

U

UOKaiser

If my sword or bow could float around, attack by itself, soak up 900 hps of damage vs an average of 70 resists, all the while I can run around behind it casting spells or doing whatever, then yes, you would have a point.

I for one as I have said many times don't think that GD's on prodo shards are a big deal, but I really wish they would do something about it on siege where they -ARE- without any question a severe problem.
I agree. Here is the trouble when and if they decide to nerf dragons they will do it for all shards. They will not take into account that prod tram,prod fel and siege are 3 completly different creatures. While prod shards dont need any nerf because most people can rip apart a gd and there masters in there sleep. The siege crowd unfortunetly are limited to gm armor which a dragon can rip apart. I believe when someone calls for a change in there post they should put the shard they are refering to. If it's tram,fel,siege ruleset and maybe a extra indication incase there shard has less than 50 players on it :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There's so many angles to this discussion so I'll just throw something out there. I really think tamer should be required to have Vet skill. This could be implemented by having pet Stat/Skill decay over time (as the pet is neglected health care by it's owner)

Look the better solution would be smarter coding beind put in when the creatures are..I'll agree Greater Dragons are a pain on the PvP field, most the owners are gate hugging garbage...What needs to be done though is the damage for them Capped in PvP, not making pets disposable...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what if they nerf dragons on all shards? They need nerfing, and not just in PvP. Just because something can be killed doesn't mean it isn't deserving of a balancing pass. The devs themselves have said GDs are being looked at specifically, so that says there certainly is a problem. They weren't intended to be used in PvP, though heaven knows how the devs thought they wouldn't be :D

Do you actually think a tamer needs a GD before they score a kill? They could use another pet. And I don't mean a dread mare either... Adapt, learn some actual PvP skill aside from letting the pet do the dirty work. No wonder tamer hate is rife, when I hear some of the GD fans talk I can see exactly where they're coming from.

Wenchy

Y

Yalp

The devs themselves have said GDs are being looked at specifically, so that says there certainly is a problem.
Wenchy
I trust they HAVE looked at GD's specifically. Heck a deaf man could hear the hysterical screaming of a few on these boards. Maybe the lack of action on their part, more than a year after their introduction, is an answer to the question. Just an answer some don't like.

Y

Yalp

They weren't intended to be used in PvP, though heaven knows how the devs thought they wouldn't be
Wenchy
?? Where does this statement come from? Is there a Greater Dragon handbook?? Can you direct me????

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to be fair they werent intended to exist at all, let alone be tameable.
It was a mistake, that people saw and went crap house over begging for them to be tamable. SO without any thought (or clearly not much) to how they would effect the game the devs caved and went ahead and made put them into the game, and made them tamable. I seriously doubt there was any testing of stupid things before they were introduced.