• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 86 - Traders Quest

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A solution for Slim could be, that if the city catches you bringing their delivery to an unintended target (increasing chance - far higher than for a Doom artie at the gauntlet, would be tried at each start of a new quest and depend from the number of sidetracked deliveries and maybe be reduced by one or two own skills like Forensic), you loose all gained loyality and your trust for delivery gets also set back to step one. Therefore high rewards also face high risks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The abusing spawn on Sea seem right now, as you have hard moving boat and fight at same time.
The spawn on land is to weak, give us

a whole Brigand spawn, including the archer, that's 4-5 npc's or
4-5 orc in a spawn, including a mage or
a single lich with a few grav yard spawn mobs or
a few ratmen inclusive an archer
a few red mages would do too

Will be a challenge for one with no fighting skills but most should have some defense, if going to the wilderness. The hardcore monster killers won't do this quests anyway or take the short cut to fel

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A solution for Slim could be, that if the city catches you bringing their delivery to an unintended target (increasing chance - far higher than for a Doom artie at the gauntlet, would be tried at each start of a new quest and depend from the number of sidetracked deliveries and maybe be reduced by one or two own skills like Forensic), you loose all gained loyality and your trust for delivery gets also set back to step one. Therefore high rewards also face high risks.
I like the idea of what you're suggesting, but it feels a little too heavy handed to me. Given the number of quests you have to complete before getting kicked up to another level, getting knocked down all the way to tier one again is a little harsh.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of what you're suggesting, but it feels a little too heavy handed to me. Given the number of quests you have to complete before getting kicked up to another level, getting knocked down all the way to tier one again is a little harsh.
Would you keep a person busy with a high level of trust, if you know he just did betray you multiple times? He can be happy, if he will not beheaded on the market place ;)
Could be also some multi strike process and depend from the value of the redirected goods too.
Forensic could help to reduce the chance to get caught (since I know how to find the incident I also know better how to hide it), a bard could be capable to tell fancy stories what happend and make them believe he is not guilty, only a little bit uncapable ...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Would you keep a person busy with a high level of trust, if you know he just did betray you multiple times? He can be happy, if he will not beheaded on the market place ;)
Could be also some multi strike process and depend from the value of the redirected goods too.
Forensic could help to reduce the chance to get caught (since I know how to find the incident I also know better how to hide it), a bard could be capable to tell fancy stories what happend and make them believe he is not guilty, only a little bit uncapable ...
I think it get to complicated and take to much coding. Maybe for a later public

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Buc's Den is not one of the towns he hang out in
Which is weird...

Slim the fence does not hang out in Buc's Den (a seemingly perfect place for him), and the Buc's Den gate is missing on TC. Is there something else going on in Buc's Den?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
After some more testing, some more conclusions:

1. I hit Tier 2 after turning in my 40th completed quest. I had cancelled 6. I'm thinking 40 is the magic number and cancelling has no effect--after I turned in my first Tier 2 quest I cancelled 2 more to see if it would drop me back but it didn't.

2. It appears that from Tier 1 to Tier 2 your loot increases by 20 in each city (except rare resources of course) and your city contribution increases by a few K.

I did 10 more quests the way I did the first ones, but this time I timed them! As you can see, starting in Tram (or Fel I suppose) then finishing in Fel through the public moongates makes a pretty short quest, usually 2 minutes or less. (Please note that this is RUNNING TIME ONLY and does NOT include gathering requested items! This will vary per tier and per city!)

I meant to compare time spent on each quest. Next up was running the trade quest Tram to Tram. You can't moongate, and since I started in NM every time I had to sail every time.

Holy whoa, no thank you. I got so bored I gave up after four quests I went to play another game. The rewards were no different but the tedium is killer. I could do 20 Tram to Fel quests in that time. New Magincia can go the way of old Magincia if this is what it takes to keep it going! (No really, the island cities are doomed for contribution money if the moongate option is removed.)

So I haven't tried Fel to Fel, killing the monsters, or Slim yet. I figure others are probably working on Slim. If I wake up before the publish goes live I'll try Fel to Fel and killing the monsters and see if the rewards are different.

:sleep2:

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to reward players with Traders title for doing these quest? As example : 10 Quest from Jhelom : Delivery Boy of Jhelom. 100 Quest from Jhelom : Merchant of Jhelom. And so on. :)

Maybe in the future . :)

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Is it possible to reward players with Traders title for doing these quest? As example : 10 Quest from Jhelom : Delivery Boy of Jhelom. 100 Quest from Jhelom : Merchant of Jhelom. And so on. :).
If only delivery to the city (not slim) counted then they could be nice titles for city supporters, esp at the higher levels.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is it possible to reward players with Traders title for doing these quest? As example : 10 Quest from Jhelom : DeliveryBoy of Jhelom. 100 Quest from Jhelom : Merchant of Jhelom. And so on. :)

There are already "x of city" titles available that can be set by the city governor. "Merchant" is not available though, I think because it is a profession title.

Again this is where city loyalty could have a role somehow. It would be silly for example for a Vesper citizen to be able to get and wear a Merchant of Britain title.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it possible to reward players with Traders title for doing these quest? As example : 10 Quest from Jhelom : Delivery Boy of Jhelom. 100 Quest from Jhelom : Merchant of Jhelom. And so on. :)

You in fact do get titles! I derped on that one and forgot to include them in the original notes.

They are,

# Trade Orders Delivered to Trade Minister / Title
1 / Trader
25 / Exporter
50 / Broker
100 / Tycoon

50 to Slim - Smuggler

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You in fact do get titles! I derped on that one and forgot to include them in the original notes.

They are,

1 / Trader
25 / Exporter
50 / Broker
100 / Tycoon

50 to Slim - Smuggler

Thats great! :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Post issues related to Traders Quest here

Known issues as of 7/18/2014 4:52pm

Ambusher mob scaling is not functioning properly
Ambushers can spawn too close to other ambusher mobs
Ambusher mobs can remain if abandoned for too long
Deposits are made to the destination city treasury instead of the origin city treasury

Seaserpents and Deep Seaserpents do not attack when they appear with the encounter. Instead they swim away. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seaserpents and Deep Seaserpents do not attack when they appear with the encounter. Instead they swim away. :)
I had that problem too. It may not be all bad as it can be hard for a weak char to surviving on a boat with to many attacker. It can however be a pain to find this shy Sea Serpents to kill them for the bonus to the town.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may be a bug in seaserpent AI actually. I've seen them do this for fishing nets. The only time they immediately attack me is when I fish a single one up that is holding an MiB or T-Map.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may be a bug in seaserpent AI actually. I've seen them do this for fishing nets. The only time they immediately attack me is when I fish a single one up that is holding an MiB or T-Map.
The ones from White net toss yesterday did attack. :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Suggestions:

Lower the weight of the containers players are given to 1 stone. Weight issues will get nasty at tier 5. In fact, I'd suggest the containers lower the weight of everything properly in them by 75%.

Up the ambusher spawn rate a bit, I'm rarely encountering them.

We need some sort of que that something DID spawn when it does. I'd suggest a system message, or better yet, a message like "Oh noes, I've been ambushed!" over our heads. A sound effect might be a good idea too!

I also suggest preceding a monster's name with "Ambusher" (i.e. Ambusher Orc Chieftain) so 1) we know what to fight when in a high spawn area 2) others know they are tougher monsters if they encounter leftovers.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "good" side loot needs tweaked too... Some of the crafting resources are so undesirable that they are going to be dumped on the ground.

Just from what I've gotten, I'd axe:

ALL leathers
Dragon scales
Luminescent Fungi
Magical Residue
Enchanted Essence
Parasitic Plant
Sea Serpent Scales

These are so common/easy to get that they don't qualify as a reward.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

The reward book "Of Human Pride" needs an editor... There are some extremely unwieldy sentences and two typos.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They are,

1 / Trader
25 / Exporter
50 / Broker
100 / Tycoon

50 to Slim - Smuggler
Might I suggest 'Magnate' in lieu of Tycoon?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They are,

1 / Trader
25 / Exporter
50 / Broker
100 / Tycoon

50 to Slim - Smuggler

Please, please , PLEEEEEASE make these overhead name titles in ADDITION to subtitles. Give us options!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Potential issue with cloth:

Order asks you for 'Bolt of Cloth,' well, there are 5 different types of bolts (each with different art). 4 on the weaver, 1 on a tailor. It will only accept one of those. In my case, it was the one from the tailor.

They either need to be interchangeable, or the order needs to differentiate them somehow.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We need some sort of que that something DID spawn when it does. I'd suggest a system message, or better yet, a message like "Oh noes, I've been ambushed!" over our heads. A sound effect might be a good idea too!
Now I do not know a lot of scripting but if cheaters are able to script part of the quest, then they will love this keywords to tell them to get attended or make script kill the spawn.

Guri

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
BUG??

There was a Close Helm in the Trade Order that I have accepted.

There are two types of Close Helm, which is sold in NPC shop.
They are the same name, just only direction is different.

However, some Trade Order accepted only Close Helm of right direction, and another Trade Order accepted only Close Helm of left direction.

There are two types of Helmet too.
(same name and difference direction)
But any Trade Order accepted any type of Helmet.

I want that any type of Close Helm will match any Trade Order.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I do not know a lot of scripting but if cheaters are able to script part of the quest, then they will love this keywords to tell them to get attended or make script kill the spawn.
Like they are going to bother scripting the ambush npcs. The quest is so ridiculously easy with little challenge for max reward by doing fel ministers or slim. The challenge is nothing. On most shards it will probably be no challenge at all, barring perhaps ATL. While I am happy this will likely solve the funding issue, it just seems kinda boring now knowing I can reduce this to quick run through the moongate tasks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Like they are going to bother scripting the ambush npcs. The quest is so ridiculously easy with little challenge for max reward by doing fel ministers or slim. The challenge is nothing. On most shards it will probably be no challenge at all, barring perhaps ATL. While I am happy this will likely solve the funding issue, it just seems kinda boring now knowing I can reduce this to quick run through the moongate tasks.
Lets see the how easy it get when it hit the shards. you still need to make it from the moongate to town. There may be PC ambush attack and if you die, quest are cancelled and you have to start over.
Maybe we need to make it impossible to stealth when doing the quest.

Veldrane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but are the Governors able to see who is generating donations via the quest?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scripters will script this regardless, especially since there is no enforcement.

I would like a message since it is really easy to be almost a screen away from the mobs when they register on your system. I've nearly missed them twice when they spawned in an area that naturally contained monsters.

I'd even go so far as to color them differently go make it all the more obvious.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to be honest, I never thought to use it for stackables. It's just as easy to pick them up and drop them on the container?
Yes, it is easy to drop them on the container, but why settle for a partially working/inconsistent system? o_O

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do like them to show as red, also when their power get balanced, others will know, it's not normal spawn

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets see the how easy it get when it hit the shards. you still need to make it from the moongate to town. There may be PC ambush attack and if you die, quest are cancelled and you have to start over.
Maybe we need to make it impossible to stealth when doing the quest.
We don't need to wait to see how it will happen on a production shard. Do you really think fel is going to turn from a ghost town into a boomtown cause of trade quests? Hah. VvV? Hah x 2! Have you seen that train wreck? The feedback on that thread is what, 15 posts? 14 of which are Promanthia looking in the mirrior and saying "nice" to himself? That system is going to lure players back to fel?

Fel is a ghost town. Most players will never see another player try to stop them in fel unless it is on Atlantic. Nothing is bringing them back on other shards. Add that it takes maybe what, three four seconds tops to move from a fel moongate on mount to the main town guard zone, and it is easy peazy.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hah. VvV? Hah x 2! Have you seen that train wreck? The feedback on that thread is what, 15 posts? 14 of which are Promanthia looking in the mirrior and saying "nice" to himself? That system is going to lure players back to fel?.
lol?

I'm glad you can tell a pvp system is a trainwreck, when its only on TC in its bare bones form.

Last edited:

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have completed quite a few trader's quests both in Tram & Fel.....

I do Like the Books I have received as reward but was thinking how great they would be /look if they each had their own unique color !!:snoopy:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Fel is a ghost town. Most players will never see another player try to stop them in fel unless it is on Atlantic. Nothing is bringing them back on other shards. Add that it takes maybe what, three four seconds tops to move from a fel moongate on mount to the main town guard zone, and it is easy peazy.
Lets see, more sheeps = more wolves

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't think PKs at the gates will be much of a problem for long. There will be an initial flurry of activity, then people will just not take trades to cities further from the moongates (Yew, Britain, Vesper, Minoc). People will also probably use stealthers or stealth ninjas to dodge the PKs if they are a problem. As the novelty wears off fewer people will do the quest anyway so it won't be worth PK time to camp a single gate hoping someone might come through. This is part of why I think they might as well just open up the Tram gates too.

If they want to force otherwise uninterested people into PvP situations with this system (which I think is a really bad idea but the devs and some posters really seem to want to do) then Slim should be in a static guard-less location. Like Buc's Den. Campapalooza! Enjoy your sheep. :/

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think PKs at the gates will be much of a problem for long. There will be an initial flurry of activity, then people will just not take trades to cities further from the moongates (Yew, Britain, Vesper, Minoc). People will also probably use stealthers or stealth ninjas to dodge the PKs if they are a problem. As the novelty wears off fewer people will do the quest anyway so it won't be worth PK time to camp a single gate hoping someone might come through. This is why I think they might as well just open up the Tram gates too.

If they want to force otherwise uninterested people into PvP situations with this system (which I think is a really bad idea but the devs and some posters really seem to want to do) then Slim should be in a static guard-less location. Like Buc's Den. Campapalooza!
Except Bucs Den is a literal mess with the server lines. Bucs Dun has to be the LEAST fun location in all of UO.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Except Bucs Den is a literal mess with the server lines. Bucs Dun has to be the LEAST fun location in all of UO.
Yeah, that is true. I forgot about the server lines. Server lines suck.

That's a shame too since Buc's Den SHOULD be a cool place.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets see, more sheeps = more wolves
There are not going to be more wolves. Those wolves that left years ago? The pack is not coming back. Never. It's gone. You might get a lone wolf, but fel is never again going to be populated to the point of attracting those sorts back.

As Riyana's post says so well... People will just use Jhelom, Skara Brae, or Moonglow if actual people camp to kill trade runners. Or the more likely, they will understand that their chances of being caught and killed in that 3 second run between guard zones is minimal in such an empty facet.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Suggestion: When there are items for which there are two or more different graphics and no way to tell which one an order wants (without potentially wasting gold): Show an image next to the name on the container gump

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Moonglow Abides reward book needs an editor too... Several typos.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tier 3 appears to start at either 59 or 60 orders. Probably 60, I think I got distracted and failed to mark one run. I'm guessing Tier 4 either starts at 90, or 120 if the number doubles like the titles do. If not, then Tier 5 should be 120 orders. (240 orders for Tier 5 would be a bit excessive :p)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tier 3 appears to start at either 59 or 60 orders. Probably 60, I think I got distracted and failed to mark one run. I'm guessing Tier 4 either starts at 90, or 120 if the number doubles like the titles do. If not, then Tier 5 should be 120 orders. (240 orders for Tier 5 would be a bit excessive :p)
I think it's in the 80 (although it may be 100, will confirm when I can check) range for tier five if memory serves. Thanks for your testing, all posts have been noted.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Fill from backpack doesn't work at all for stackable objects, but does work for nonstackables.
This is currently working as intended. The "fill from backpack" option is so you don't have to drop 20 dyes into the trade crate and such. Since stackable objects come in one neat package, there's really no need for that. It's also much more complicated to process a stack of objects into the crate vs. a single object when we're dealing with automation, hence the stackable items will not fill from the backpack. That option will also ignore insured items in a future update, to reduce the likelihood that your crimmy will get pulled into the crate when it's asking for half aprons.