• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powerscroll and pvp possible solutions?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Obviously he is a stereotypical fel player and is just trying to lure them into fel to do a champion spawn for him when he will turn around and slaughter everyone the second the champ spawn's and keep all the loot for himself. He never clearly cannot be an honest person because felucca = scammers, thieves, hackers, scripters and cheaters.
Sarcasm detector overload! ;) Actually if he was on Napa or Chessy I'd take him up on it! I'm always amazed at the polarity here between the two camps. I mean, c'mon, we don't have many players left, can we start supporting each other finally??

Seriously, I'm pretty close to the stereotypical "trammie" in that I hate dying - even to monsters. Silly, I know, but I look at pvp with my BEST characters as I look at taking my pure crafter and trying to solo shadowguard with him. I'm not going to be successful at either. ;)

That being said, the idea that anyone who likes pvp is a terrible, evil, baby-killing monster is IMHO, seriously flawed. Do griefers exist? Sure, in any game in any environment, fel or tram. But honestly, almost every pvp'er I know also hangs a blue in trammel working along side all of us at events or working shadowguard or stocking vendors in Luna and I bet you're friends with a bunch of em and don't even know it.

Also to the PK's and pvp'ers out there, not all of us "carebears" are out to get you and your playstyle and for those of you who do help us out and work a spawn or two now and then with us, thank you.

Back to the power scroll discussion - I really think the dev's dropped the ball here. I'd have loved it if pet only scrolls dropped at all spawns (fel and ish) so that this release didn't inflate the market for character scrolls that had been fairly stable for a long time. Primers worked out fairly well, IMHO, and I think a similar model for training pets would have been warranted. ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sarcasm detector overload! ;) Actually if he was on Napa or Chessy I'd take him up on it! I'm always amazed at the polarity here between the two camps. I mean, c'mon, we don't have many players left, can we start supporting each other finally??

Seriously, I'm pretty close to the stereotypical "trammie" in that I hate dying - even to monsters. Silly, I know, but I look at pvp with my BEST characters as I look at taking my pure crafter and trying to solo shadowguard with him. I'm not going to be successful at either. ;)

That being said, the idea that anyone who likes pvp is a terrible, evil, baby-killing monster is IMHO, seriously flawed. Do griefers exist? Sure, in any game in any environment, fel or tram. But honestly, almost every pvp'er I know also hangs a blue in trammel working along side all of us at events or working shadowguard or stocking vendors in Luna and I bet you're friends with a bunch of em and don't even know it.

Also to the PK's and pvp'ers out there, not all of us "carebears" are out to get you and your playstyle and for those of you who do help us out and work a spawn or two now and then with us, thank you.

Back to the power scroll discussion - I really think the dev's dropped the ball here. I'd have loved it if pet only scrolls dropped at all spawns (fel and ish) so that this release didn't inflate the market for character scrolls that had been fairly stable for a long time. Primers worked out fairly well, IMHO, and I think a similar model for training pets would have been warranted. ;)
I mean, I think most of us who are against scrolls in tram, and who do champ spawns aren't even pvpers. I'm certainly not.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly to be a PvP player in today's UO you have to make the move to ATL. One can have chars on other shards but the chance of finding a decent fight is smaller at best. I wouldn't consider myself a PvP player anymore either but a person who enjoys all aspects of this game, I only wish there was a better loot table and we had options. IMO stuff like a harrower should have a decent chance to drop a good legendary once in a while as should most Boss type stuff.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, yes you did when you go through that red gate and you clicked "this is a PvP area".
That's bull.
I enjoy the luck bonus & double resources and managed to sneak even a few PS out of fel. But I have yet to win any PvP fight. Let alone do damage on any player. (Not counting me trying PvP back in the pre-Trammel-days)
The only consent I give when stepping through that gate is, that I aknowledge, that other players are able to attack me. Nothing more, nothing less. I condone to be killed. I can live with that. But actual PvP (which requires me to fight back, there are two P in PvP), thanks, but no thanks.

Gen chat is for looser's who either want to smack talk or are unable leave the channel, not my fault(on ATL I'm not in channel and never deal with whiners).
I totally believe you, that it isn't your fault. Still it happens on every shard I played. And still it gives PvP a bad reputation.

I am not sure if you are the runner or the chaser but I think you are stretching the truth a little here.
As I said. Once getting attacked, I stop and wait to be killed, to speed up the process. (Though, if I got a nice PS in my pack, I might try to make it to the next gate, but since people usually show up before the boss is killed, that rarely to never happens.)

Non-consensual PvP is a hallmark of this game and one of the last true through backs to the early days, stop trying to change a very small aspect of the game which makes this game truly unique in the world of MMORPG's. Why wouldn't you want to keep this amazing side aspect?
It wasn't really thought through from the beginning. And the whole Fel/Tram dilemma was also pulled off completely wrong. Instead of making Fel & Tram a facet, they should have been shard rulesets, making 3 types of shards: Siege shards, fel shards & tram shards. On the other hand, looking at the fel facet population, fel shards would probabaly have started to collect dust very early. So I don't imagine it as amazing as you might imagine it.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did everyone just ignore @jopromol and his offer of showing you how to get scrolls for free? I would take him up on that, it seems like a good deal.
Both my PMs and my ICQ have gone "unmolested" just like the players who would actually dare to take me up on my offer to come to felucca and do a spawn- which is 100% legit :thumbup1:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah right, almost forgot about that. They even managed to make economy & politics work in that game. Truly amazing. While it's definitely not my type of game, I love to read articles about huge player events there.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's bull.
The only consent I give when stepping through that gate is, that I acknowledge, that other players are able to attack me. Nothing more, nothing less. I condone to be killed. I can live with that. But actual PvP (which requires me to fight back, there are two P in PvP), thanks, but no thanks.
That is your choice to be made, I can't ask you to fight back but i can wonder why would not? Myself, I would be a little annoyed at losing a spawn(and I have lost LOTS over the years) to which I would then decide if I was going to step up or sit down.

Stepping up seemed like the right thing to do 2 decades back when teams of red's would clear dungeons, I fought back then and am going to fight back now as there is nothing to lose and everything to win(your scrolls included).

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one thing I don't get about the Tram PvM mentality is dying to monster over and over again is no big deal, but dying to a PK or PvP is like some major life changing event. THERE IS ZERO RISK on Prodo shards. On my main Characters I run 2370 luck suits, 100+ LRC, all 70s every piece of every suit has had a bless deed applied to it and I lose nothing when I die, not even insurance gold. On the once in a blue moon a PvP manages to kill me, they get NOTHING except whatever minor junk might be in my pack. You might lose some time and occasionally a scroll. I do give up the spawns about 50% of the time but even then I know long before the raiders arrive that they are coming and have ample time to leave. BTW if you run a sentry account just hand the scrolls off to sentry if you are chain farming the spawn and they are as safe as if they were blessed.

That being said one option for scrolls in tram would not hurt anyone and the tokuno sleeping dragon would be ideal for it. Yeah it would initially be camped and farmed 24/7 but it would also be a good place for the GMs to bust and punish scripters and multiboxers :) Something the BS Staff and GMs really need to start doing.

The other thing that REALLY needs to happen is Scrolls, pack drops, and event items be shard bound. Duping, scamming, and the general anger from locals VS Offsharder Zergs would be greatly reduced. I do a lot of transferring between legends, Origin, LS and taking crap to ATL to sell and buying what I want or need on ATL because pretty much everything farmed on the lower pop shards goes to ATL Which is great for ATL economy at the expense of the other shards local populations and economies. Not everyone has shard shields to make these trips back and forth between shards on a regular transfers and $40 per pop for a round trip to atl leaves a majority of the people out of the trade loop. While it would not eliminate the need to do fel spawns to obtain scrolls, it would largely eliminate the off shard people farming them on the lower pop shards to transfer to higher pop shards. I dislike having to keep a house on ATL just to keep my shard shields in for shopping trips, would be nice to drop that house put the ATL shield in a crate and never use it again. It would be a start to normalizing shard economies. It would also as I said before concentrate the PvP on a couple of higher population shards where the competition for the scrolls would be much more intense to control the spawns for the big $$$ and the PvP would actually mean something. Lets face it folks don't come to Low pop shards for the PvP action at the spawns, they come to farm the spawns for the RL $$$ or the Game gold made from X sharding the stuff to higher pop shards (primarily ATL) The local PvPs/PKs and the Local PvMs could then hash out the problems with PK and spawns without the interference of the ZERG Xsharder Community.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is your choice to be made, I can't ask you to fight back but i can wonder why would not? Myself, I would be a little annoyed at losing a spawn(and I have lost LOTS over the years) to which I would then decide if I was going to step up or sit down.

Stepping up seemed like the right thing to do 2 decades back when teams of red's would clear dungeons, I fought back then and am going to fight back now as there is nothing to lose and everything to win(your scrolls included).
Pointless to try most the time... Don't run speeders, don't run any healing programs ... just me and my computer with lousy connection and keyboard... nothing fancy no super macro's or anything no 3rd party apps... and I'm locked up most the time couldn't move if I wanted to... and I'm dead before I even know there is a red there... So what is the point???

Most the time by the time the red shows up I'm 1/2 dead anyway due to spawn ... By the time I switch my weapon and retarget the Red I'm dead. If I manage to be able to move I generally just make a break for it running as fast as I can and vanishing...

I do get away 1/2 the time but again what's the point by then they have taken over my champ and are looking for me to come back or trying to find where I went... the point of going and finishing the spawn is done ..... the time is wasted that I worked on it and I have ZERO desire to engage them. Maybe 15 or 20 years ago before all the seriously bad cheat programs I might have stood a chance at doing something... if I was on certain characters but those years are LONG gone..

Maybe back when everyone had crappy dial up it may have worked... But I can't compete with big city super connections...

And tell me I'm full of it or not but on average when I do see a red the screen freezes up and I can't move... NO I'm not paralyzed... no blue swirls nothing... just locked up can't do anything... By the time I can move screen is gray...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The one thing I don't get about the Tram PvM mentality is dying to monster over and over again is no big deal, but dying to a PK or PvP is like some major life changing event. THERE IS ZERO RISK on Prodo shards. On my main Characters I run 2370 luck suits, 100+ LRC, all 70s every piece of every suit has had a bless deed applied to it and I lose nothing when I die, not even insurance gold. On the once in a blue moon a PvP manages to kill me, they get NOTHING except whatever minor junk might be in my pack. You might lose some time and occasionally a scroll. I do give up the spawns about 50% of the time but even then I know long before the raiders arrive that they are coming and have ample time to leave. BTW if you run a sentry account just hand the scrolls off to sentry if you are chain farming the spawn and they are as safe as if they were blessed.

That being said one option for scrolls in tram would not hurt anyone and the tokuno sleeping dragon would be ideal for it. Yeah it would initially be camped and farmed 24/7 but it would also be a good place for the GMs to bust and punish scripters and multiboxers :) Something the BS Staff and GMs really need to start doing.

The other thing that REALLY needs to happen is Scrolls, pack drops, and event items be shard bound. Duping, scamming, and the general anger from locals VS Offsharder Zergs would be greatly reduced. I do a lot of transferring between legends, Origin, LS and taking crap to ATL to sell and buying what I want or need on ATL because pretty much everything farmed on the lower pop shards goes to ATL Which is great for ATL economy at the expense of the other shards local populations and economies. Not everyone has shard shields to make these trips back and forth between shards on a regular transfers and $40 per pop for a round trip to atl leaves a majority of the people out of the trade loop. While it would not eliminate the need to do fel spawns to obtain scrolls, it would largely eliminate the off shard people farming them on the lower pop shards to transfer to higher pop shards. I dislike having to keep a house on ATL just to keep my shard shields in for shopping trips, would be nice to drop that house put the ATL shield in a crate and never use it again. It would be a start to normalizing shard economies. It would also as I said before concentrate the PvP on a couple of higher population shards where the competition for the scrolls would be much more intense to control the spawns for the big $$$ and the PvP would actually mean something. Lets face it folks don't come to Low pop shards for the PvP action at the spawns, they come to farm the spawns for the RL $$$ or the Game gold made from X sharding the stuff to higher pop shards (primarily ATL) The local PvPs/PKs and the Local PvMs could then hash out the problems with PK and spawns without the interference of the ZERG Xsharder Community.
ZERO risk???? Generally I need bandages to survive... they are always gone... potions gone, petals gone... so there is a risk... besides there is ZERO reward for killing a red anyway. Not like I could... never been able to stop a red... Ever... Not since 15+ years ago...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ZERO risk???? Generally I need bandages to survive... they are always gone... potions gone, petals gone... so there is a risk... besides there is ZERO reward for killing a red anyway. Not like I could... never been able to stop a red... Ever... Not since 15+ years ago...
At worst you lose some insurance gold, and easily replaceable back pack junk.... Nothing major. Full blessed suit the PK get nothing except the junk.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like doing fel spawns and would keep doing just because it is fun making the L33T and their cheats look like fools. But firmly believe there should be one tram ruleset option for 105s-115s at one spawn for the folks that just don't want to deal with the fel nonsense and get no enjoyment out of it. NO you are not allowed to get the full value from your subs and should be able to obtain scrolls without being forced to PvP. The other option would be to do away with forged pardons and RFPs and eliminate PKs and PvPs from participating in Tram content and making all characters on acct with a red unable to enter tram so they won't be forced to engage in Trammie PvM content.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eve. I'm sure there are others.
PvP in empire is restricted to a point that to become a target of PvP you have to be a rich moron. Newbies, are completely safe from PvP in empire. Many players (possibly a majority) play for years without ever being exposed to PvP. I'd hardly call that open world PvP.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did everyone just ignore @jopromol and his offer of showing you how to get scrolls for free? I would take him up on that, it seems like a good deal.
I would but I'm busy training pets to eat them. Anyone take trained pets for power scrolls?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like doing fel spawns and would keep doing just because it is fun making the L33T and their cheats look like fools. But firmly believe there should be one tram ruleset option for 105s-115s at one spawn for the folks that just don't want to deal with the fel nonsense and get no enjoyment out of it.
Getting scrolls, especially getting the right scrolls is difficult and time consuming as it is. Limiting Tram spawns to 115s is pretty much as limiting as not having them there at all. It will be the same as now with masteries - nobody bothers doing Tram spawns for masteries because the drop rate makes it useless.

NO you are not allowed to get the full value from your subs and should be able to obtain scrolls without being forced to PvP. The other option would be to do away with forged pardons and RFPs and eliminate PKs and PvPs from participating in Tram content and making all characters on acct with a red unable to enter tram so they won't be forced to engage in Trammie PvM content.
That is just an illusion of consequence. Vast majority of today's players have multiple accounts. PKs will just separate PvP from PvM characters by account. It will be a minor inconvenience.

I think one way to address PvPers concerns is to give the something PvP-specific to fight for. Artifacts/Armor/Weapons that are PvP -specific and can only obtained at Fel spawns. Add scrolls to Tram. This gives PvPers something to fight over, and allows Trammies to play without being exposed to PKs.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting scrolls, especially getting the right scrolls is difficult and time consuming as it is. Limiting Tram spawns to 115s is pretty much as limiting as not having them there at all. It will be the same as now with masteries - nobody bothers doing Tram spawns for masteries because the drop rate makes it useless.

That is just an illusion of consequence. Vast majority of today's players have multiple accounts. PKs will just separate PvP from PvM characters by account. It will be a minor inconvenience.

I think one way to address PvPers concerns is to give the something PvP-specific to fight for. Artifacts/Armor/Weapons that are PvP -specific and can only obtained at Fel spawns. Add scrolls to Tram. This gives PvPers something to fight over, and allows Trammies to play without being exposed to PKs.
The ability to farm 115s and bind them without the risk of PvP and losing the scrolls would be a fair compromise as the risk level is greatly reduced and replaced with the time factor. Fel keeps the 120s and Stat scrolls. Tram gets access to 120s via binding 105-115s with no risk and a much greater time investment a win for tram and probably a much easier sell than I want it all and easy. Fel gets to keep the 120s and the fast track to obtaining them and a win for that crowd as they will not have the time investmentand there would be minimal impact on the scroll economy from the tram side. And everyone should be happy.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haven't trained justice in forever but I am fairly certain there is a timer between gains.
Do you really want to kill the same poor character over and over :) Gotta spread the Cheez around a bit. EDIT: and almost forgot unless it has changed since the last time I raised it the timer was 7 minutes.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haven't trained justice in forever but I am fairly certain there is a timer between gains.
Yes and no. There's a timer on killing the same character over and over, so you can't just rez-kill them over and over to max it in 2 minutes. If you got the kill shot on a bunch of different reds during a fight, you could theoretically max Justice in a few minutes.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and no. There's a timer on killing the same character over and over, so you can't just rez-kill them over and over to max it in 2 minutes. If you got the kill shot on a bunch of different reds during a fight, you could theoretically max Justice in a few minutes.
And thus you line all your red characters up... Execute them..... rez them wait a few min and repeat as needed and spread the Cheez around ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right that Timer is Per Person.... So if you have say 10 Red characters and kill them 2X each you ought to be maxed up again...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But actual PvP (which requires me to fight back, there are two P in PvP), thanks, but no thanks.
One player (P) engages in combat (V) with another player (P). The term does not inform one on the particulars of the encounter, just states the parties involved. You need not fight back to be engaged in a pvp scenario. :D

Regardless of why you want to go to fel, you are accepting that you are entering into a pvp zone, and are not protected from being attacked by other players.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THERE IS ZERO RISK on Prodo shards.
Therein also lies my confusion. On siege I understand people getting salty about losing a nice suit... but in tram you lose a couple k, and a few minutes. The potential reward of scrolls vastly outweighs that risk.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that's a giant potential loss there... common consumables. :p

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would but I'm busy training pets to eat them. Anyone take trained pets for power scrolls?
Just scroll them to 115 and hold back 100 points per skills, for goodness sake.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an aside away from the PS issue... 115 scrolls on pets on all skills outside of probably wrestling are perfectly fine, and even wrestling is not a big deal. The max isn't required for basically full functionality.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Therein also lies my confusion. On siege I understand people getting salty about losing a nice suit... but in tram you lose a couple k, and a few minutes. The potential reward of scrolls vastly outweighs that risk.
I think it really has more to do with the 20-30 minutes of GC humiliation and what the PvPs want to do to folks mothers. Than the specter of actually losing anything. If they want to go for a roll and mount up my moms 12 year old corpse more power to them, don't know that bragging about in GC is the best admission to make though LOL.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it really has more to do with the 20-30 minutes of GC humiliation and what the PvPs want to do to folks mothers. Than the specter of actually losing anything. If they want to go for a roll and mount up my moms 12 year old corpse more power to them, don't know that bragging about in GC is the best admission to make though LOL.
I don't know how I feel about the cavalier manner in which you seem to be willing to surrender the corpse of your mother to potential necrophiliacs, but... can't one just turn off GC? :/

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how I feel about the cavalier manner in which you seem to be willing to surrender the corpse of your mother to potential necrophiliacs, but... can't one just turn off GC? :/
Nothing but bones in a box in my culture we don't place much value on remains as the body is nothing more than a vessel for the spirit and is nothing but a empty shell when the spirit moves on. So I don't find much insulting from the bone humpers. I usually do turn GC off when the trash talk starts but it is not much of a problem on the shards I play and comes and goes on Siege depending of who is claiming to dominate the shard.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing but bones in a box in my culture we don't place much value on remains as the body is nothing more than a vessel for the spirit and is nothing but a empty shell when the spirit moves on. So I don't find much insulting from the bone humpers. I usually do turn GC off when the trash talk starts but it is not much of a problem on the shards I play and comes and goes on Siege depending of who is claiming to dominate the shard.
Bro, u a klingon?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just scroll them to 115 and hold back 100 points per skills, for goodness sake.

Must train all pets to maximums! TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN Cant stop.

Get off the forums and get those scrolls!!!! Pets are hungry. nom nom nom :drool:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

To be honest, I tried a few times. But during the years when you always loose, it just becomes an annoyance, which you want to be over as soon as possible. Hence, stop & wait to be killed, to speed up the process.
As I said, should I have scrolls on me, I tend to run. But this rarely to never happens, since people usually show up at phase 4 or shortly after the champ spawned.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless of why you want to go to fel, you are accepting that you are entering into a pvp zone, and are not protected from being attacked by other players.
Yes, that's exactly what I said in my second post of this thread.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be honest, I tried a few times. But during the years when you always loose, it just becomes an annoyance, which you want to be over as soon as possible. Hence, stop & wait to be killed, to speed up the process.
As I said, should I have scrolls on me, I tend to run. But this rarely to never happens, since people usually show up at phase 4 or shortly after the champ spawned.
The defense is finding a group of like minded people and joining up. I understand that the chance of this happening today in UO is smaller than before but those that are left have stood the test of time and should be able to put up a decent fight even if in smaller numbers.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was talking to a guild mate, and we thought of a possible change regarding power scrolls that might be viable. How about adding PS's as a possible "drop" in treasure maps? Perhaps a chance at a 105 or 110 in level 5's, 110/115s in level 6's, and perhaps a 115 or120 in level 7's. With a greater chance on fel maps. A very rough idea for sure. But one that has some merit we think.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking to a guild mate, and we thought of a possible change regarding power scrolls that might be viable. How about adding PS's as a possible "drop" in treasure maps? Perhaps a chance at a 105 or 110 in level 5's, 110/115s in level 6's, and perhaps a 115 or120 in level 7's. With a greater chance on fel maps. A very rough idea for sure. But one that has some merit we think.
:cheerleader: (Sarcasm) But that would destroy the reason to PvP and then everyone would be making T hunters and farming T maps 23.5/7 and flood the market and ruin the PS economy :lick:

Em items and powers scrolls should be server bound. It would push more players into t2a to farm scrolls. While its true unbound scrolls could be used to revitalize a low pop server, generally scrolls seem to have a one way market path to Atlantic. If primers are server bound then so should power scrolls. Otherwise, remove the server restriction on primers by that logic.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Upon further discussion, we REALLY think this could be a nice change. It would give the T Hunters some "love", give players who never leave tram a chance at getting PS's (without having to worry about multiboxers "camping the spot"), and still allow for the possibility for people to venture to fel for the added chance of getting one. With the increased possibility of added Pvp should they come upon someone digging a map. Any thoughts @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak ?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a terrible idea, people have explained this hundreds of times already across a few threads like this. Stop crying about power scrolls and go get them from fel spawns. Only way to solve your whiny situation is to make pet only scrolls. NO reason whatsoever to change regular powerscrolls. BTW, tmaps just got love by adding new tamables to the chests. Trammel people are never happy with anything. Pvpers havnt gotten anything added in felucca in like 14 yrs and you don't hear us crying that you can get slithers only in trammel. Someone lock this thread already before the tears short out the forums.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its a terrible idea, people have explained this hundreds of times already across a few threads like this. Stop crying about power scrolls and go get them from fel spawns. Only way to solve your whiny situation is to make pet only scrolls. NO reason whatsoever to change regular powerscrolls. BTW, tmaps just got love by adding new tamables to the chests. Trammel people are never happy with anything. Pvpers havnt gotten anything added in felucca in like 14 yrs and you don't hear us crying that you can get slithers only in trammel. Someone lock this thread already before the tears short out the forums.
Who EVER said I DON'T go to Fel and do spawns????? I actually got a 120 tactics recently. And thanks for the comment about the new tamables, I forgot about that. I do however fail to see where the suggestion comes across as crying. :)

Thanks for your input.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel L7's I could see having a chance at a scroll...seems kinda legit anyways. Hard map to receive, decent spawn protecting it and a chance to be raided. They would have to make it such that anyone could pick the lock, the scroll should be included in a chance to get dusted or eaten by that creature so again a lot of coding that could be used better elsewhere.