• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powerscroll and pvp possible solutions?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Anyway I was thinking about the PVP and power scroll dilemma and the crux of the matter seems to be, at least to me, that the drops are bottle necked by being only at champ spawns in Fel.

So it seems to me that the solution is to let PS's drop everywhere in Fel, for example you are doing solen quest getting zoogi but if you do in fel you get double resource plus a small chance of a 105 dropping(like a picnic basket). however if you do down in the solen hole( since it is harder) you would have a small chance of the 105 being a 110.

You could do this with mobs throughout Fel, like doing lady M you would have a small chance of a 120 dropping(only 1 scroll though). You could scale these drops throughout Fel like the Tokuno/Ilsh paragon with the 120's(as i said only 1 possible scroll per mob and a small variable chance for drop, depending on mob) going to the top end bosses like Lady M, but you would have a chance for a drop(of a lower end scroll) anywhere in Fel killing mobs(and possibly T-maps and Sos's in fel as well). Although if you include T-maps I think a 115 should be in them guaranteed(for lvl 7 maps), with a chance for a 120 spawn.

Ok anyone think this is a viable idea or you don't like it?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NO! The powerscrolls are fine as is. If anything create pet only scrolls, doing anything else would destroy one of the last viable markets left in the game. Nobody cares about what scrolls people use on their pets cause its makes very little difference in any outcome. Don't ruin the market by adding regular powerscrolls anywhere else where it can be scriptable and easier to obtain.

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
NO! The powerscrolls are fine as is. If anything create pet only scrolls, doing anything else would destroy one of the last viable markets left in the game. Nobody cares about what scrolls people use on their pets cause its makes very little difference in any outcome. Don't ruin the market by adding regular powerscrolls anywhere else where it can be scriptable and easier to obtain.
I think that's a pretty good idea. Add pet only scrolls to the trammel champion spawns atleast 105/110 and 115's could still require 120's come from felucca that way everyone is happy kind of!

Probably not able to scroll bind them either.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, powerscrolls have been where they are for what? 14 years? This is the first publish in all that time that has made them even remotely valuable again. Just leave them be is my opinion. To add them to tram or anywhere else in fel, will only lead to the final nail in the coffin for all pvpers, and also they will be farmed in to oblivion and devalued within weeks.... yes weeks.

They are not as impossible to acquire as most people are claiming. I don't know how many times I have fought at a spawn only to have the people I am fighting say something like.. "Oh thats OK, this is the 7th spawn we have done tonight!" Spawns are not, and have not, been on "lockdown" Since they fixed the ghost caming issues forever ago. I farm scrolls on multiple shards when I am bored, and I can't remember the last time I was raided. A guild member often does atl spawns without getting caught. Its all a matter of getting in and finishing it quickly. If you take two hours to do a champ, of course you'll get caught. 15-20 minutes? rarely.

Just leave powerscrolls alone.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When someone says "leave them alone" and "I farm on multiple shards" in the same thread, I tend to just move on to the next one.....oh almost forgot....:lame:

And some of you need to realize that quite a few of us thought scroll prices were fine the way they were before this publish, and in fact still couldn't afford some prices then, and have no chance now. We don't all have 6 platinum on our vendors.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When someone says "leave them alone" and "I farm on multiple shards" in the same thread, I tend to just move on to the next one.....oh almost forgot....:lame:

And some of you need to realize that quite a few of us thought scroll prices were fine the way they were before this publish, and in fact still couldn't afford some prices then, and have no chance now. We don't all have 6 platinum on our vendors.
Fair enough, but the reason I "farm" on multiple shards is not for greed. I Usually farm champs as a way to encourage a fight. So maybe farm isn't the right word?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fighting should be fighting... and should not revolve around keeping a choke hold on a commodity that EVERYONE needs...

Maybe if they made PvP more "fun" and less of an irritation... and gave folk a real reason to want to PvP more folk would do it... but as it is most peoples experience with it is negative. Which really isn't going to draw anyone "new" into wanting to join in it.

Making it a requirement to get something you need to build not only your own character but now your pet... really only serves to irritate folk and make them resentful of PvP and PKs and Fel...

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For crying out loud, how many times does it have to be said that there is no choke hold on powerscrolls? Either you choose to hunt them, buy them or you don't. Its not rocket science.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Drop the price of a 120 Tactics from 40M to 5 Mil if there is no difference. According to some it only takes 15 min to do one. so 5M for 15 minutes seems fair.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am not a PvPer and I have done plenty of champ spawns in the past couple of years solo or with my wife. More times than not, we were able to run them for a couple of hours before anyone showed up. When we were raided, we almost killed one person before having to high tail it out. I am not uber by any means and was playing on a PvM sampire, no pvp skills or gear. It was fun worrying about raiding and was quite a thrill being raided, but since the champ was about to spawn, kind of sucked too.

I believe that they need to stay how they are now but they really need to make them shard bound. I have a tough time finding them on vendors if I don't have them myself. I am working an old and long forgotten character on Cats and tried to find power scrolls for magery and myst skills. I found 2 over priced 110 scrolls for med and focus and one a bit high 120 magery scroll. I looked for other scrolls and there was almost nothing. Get a group of friends and try doing them together. To be honest, I don't think there are enough PvPers left on shards outside of Atlantic to do much. I think a group of PvM blues could stand a decent chance against many of the small PvP groups left scattered on the small shards outside of Atlantic. Unfortunately I think most power scrolls go to Atlantic anymore. :(

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Drop the price of a 120 Tactics from 40M to 5 Mil if there is no difference. According to some it only takes 15 min to do one. so 5M for 15 minutes seems fair.
You know that you dont get a 120 tactics scroll on each champ you do right?
If you did then you would have have tons on vendors at way less than 5 mil

Ive done hundreds and I can only remember getting a 120 tactics two or three times, a 120 of any type isnt that common, 6x110s in stealing,stealth and crap like that is the norm, sometimes a couple 115s in there, if there is a 120 you can bet its mace fighting or something like that.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOL. Don't pay the prices, im not even selling scrolls myself. I have enough gold in UO. No price is better then free if you go do them yourself and stop crying about the chance of a raid. If you guys spawned half as much as you whine about scroll prices on here, you would already have all the scrolls you need.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It would be nice if they made actual pet power scrolls and have them drop along with the normal ones. If you get 3 power scrolls you have a chance of getting pet or player power scrolls but I still think that all power scrolls should be shard bound but left on the champ spawns only.

Heck, to be honest you can get PvPers to help. I remember a few years ago a player event going to a champ spawn on Chessy. The people made a pact with local PvPers to guard them and since it was advertised, all kinds of PvPers showed up. The PvPers had plenty of PvP action and the blues that didn't normally go to Fel had a great experience getting to do the champ. If I remember correctly, it was successful for everyone, PvP and PvM.

Turbo

Adventurer
Im not saying putting ps in tram is a good idea but lol at the people saying it will kill pvp. Since when has a pvp skilled and geared player killing pvm skilled and geared people been thought of as real pvp? Surely they want a fair fight instead to prove they actually know how to pvp. Or do they prefer to take the easy win with a huge advantage and just pretend they are good?

Pvp itself needs a re vamp to lure in more people to actually want to do it. Maybe some kind of ranking system so everyone can see who's on top in their shard and have to kill people ranked higher than you to raise your rank or something. Keep killing pvmer free kills and you still get their scrolls but your rank goes down where it belongs etc.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not saying putting ps in tram is a good idea but lol at the people saying it will kill pvp. Since when has a pvp skilled and geared player killing pvm skilled and geared people been thought of as real pvp? Surely they want a fair fight instead to prove they actually know how to pvp. Or do they prefer to take the easy win with a huge advantage and just pretend they are good?

Pvp itself needs a re vamp to lure in more people to actually want to do it. Maybe some kind of ranking system so everyone can see who's on top in their shard and have to kill people ranked higher than you to raise your rank or something. Keep killing pvmer free kills and you still get their scrolls but your rank goes down where it belongs etc.

First of all, I don't think anyone is claiming it would kill pvp, it would just remove the only thing of value to compete over, which isn't cool IMO. We need more things to pvp over, not less. Aside from that my main concerns are about the uniqueness of the facets and the devaluation of scrolls. Right now PS are really all that Fel has of unique value. You remove that, then it's just wasted space in terms of pvm. And as soon as you allow scrolls in tram then will be farmed 24/7 and at current drop rates would be completely superfluous in months. They would either have to adjust the drops to other 24/7 tram farming levels such as a <5% chance at a 120, or the market would be destroyed.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then go farm your own.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First of all, I don't think anyone is claiming it would kill pvp, it would just remove the only thing of value to compete over, which isn't cool IMO. We need more things to pvp over, not less. Aside from that my main concerns are about the uniqueness of the facets and the devaluation of scrolls. Right now PS are really all that Fel has of unique value. You remove that, then it's just wasted space in terms of pvm. And as soon as you allow scrolls in tram then will be farmed 24/7 and at current drop rates would be completely superfluous in months. They would either have to adjust the drops to other 24/7 tram farming levels such as a <5% chance at a 120, or the market would be destroyed.
There are all sorts of unique things in Fel... the VvV deco stuff... the Stat Scrolls... and double resources... They keep giving you lambs to slaughter with that... because killing crafters... that takes skilz... seriously... *rolls eyes*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are all sorts of unique things in Fel... the VvV deco stuff... the Stat Scrolls... and double resources... They keep giving you lambs to slaughter with that... because killing crafters... that takes skilz... seriously... *rolls eyes*
Power/stat scrolls, same thing, same system. VVV deco... who cares. Double resources... who cares. Also, they aren't giving them to me, I don't pvp, I just appreciate that my playstyle isn't the only one that matters, and that taking risks should be rewarded.

Where does killing crafters even come into it? You bring a crafter to an open pvp zone... who's fault is it when they die? Should the pvper ask your temp before attacking you? Come prepared next time.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a solution that works for me and we don't even have to change the game mechanics! I can't believe I am sharing this but this idea of power scrolls in Trammel needs to end. I play a thief almost exclusively and moving scrolls to trammel would kill my main character and take away the only play style that brings me any real enjoyment.

Step 1: Create a PvP thief - I can point you to some resources for templates and strategies that work. I use stealing, stealth, fencing, hiding, snooping, poisoning, and ninjitsu.

Step 2: Pick a champ... any champ. I like Destard and Despise because there is more room to move and I have had more experience there.

Step 3: Use any toon to start working spawn. I use a paladin, but ideally you would want to use whatever you can work the spawn with fastest, just in case you don't get raided.

Step 4: Wait for a raid. You will eventually see people start to show up, they may kill you but they usually do not when you are at the early levels of the spawn. Typically they try to start advancing the spawn while they are waiting for their raiding buddies to show up.

Step 5: Leave and log on to the thief.

Step 6: Return to the spawn location and start stealing scrolls! You will notice that you are now the one that is raiding! I usually target the people that act like morons in gen chat first.

I can get scrolls 10v1 through stealing. I enjoy this more than any other play style that I have tried. The adrenaline rush of being chased out of the dungeon with a 120 in my pack is crazy! Once I get away I usually have to smoke about 5 cigarettes to calm my nerves. Let me know if you have questions regarding this strategy I will try to answer them without giving away too many of my secrets!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you guys spawned half as much as you whine about scroll prices on here, you would already have all the scrolls you need.
They are very hungry pets. I think I spend more time playing than most posters here. I'm afk more than many of the PvPers here log in. And I don't have all the scrolls I need!

upload_2017-7-2_2-2-23.png

3 are about to hatch they need at least 6 scrolls each to grow big and strong. That's 18 scrolls by Tuesday. I don't have the time to train them up and find the scrolls.

We need more scrolls!

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a solution that works for me and we don't even have to change the game mechanics! I can't believe I am sharing this but this idea of power scrolls in Trammel needs to end. I play a thief almost exclusively and moving scrolls to trammel would kill my main character and take away the only play style that brings me any real enjoyment.

Step 1: Create a PvP thief - I can point you to some resources for templates and strategies that work. I use stealing, stealth, fencing, hiding, snooping, poisoning, and ninjitsu.

Step 2: Pick a champ... any champ. I like Destard and Despise because there is more room to move and I have had more experience there.

Step 3: Use any toon to start working spawn. I use a paladin, but ideally you would want to use whatever you can work the spawn with fastest, just in case you don't get raided.

Step 4: Wait for a raid. You will eventually see people start to show up, they may kill you but they usually do not when you are at the early levels of the spawn. Typically they try to start advancing the spawn while they are waiting for their raiding buddies to show up.

Step 5: Leave and log on to the thief.

Step 6: Return to the spawn location and start stealing scrolls! You will notice that you are now the one that is raiding! I usually target the people that act like morons in gen chat first.

I can get scrolls 10v1 through stealing. I enjoy this more than any other play style that I have tried. The adrenaline rush of being chased out of the dungeon with a 120 in my pack is crazy! Once I get away I usually have to smoke about 5 cigarettes to calm my nerves. Let me know if you have questions regarding this strategy I will try to answer them without giving away too many of my secrets!
Wow I didnt realise real thieves still existed outside of Siege, I salute you sir.

That strategy does sound like a laugh :D

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow I didnt realise real thieves still existed outside of Siege, I salute you sir.

That strategy does sound like a laugh :D
We do exist. I have met a few on Atlantic. This strategy does work and it allows me to do the champs on my own time and not have to wait for other people to start the spawn.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do we really need to change this now? 110s and 155s are worth something now, why make them worthless again? there is so many other things devs need to address. the pvpers are already crying about pvp is dying. this wouldn't help. just my opinions.
I did always wondered why ish champs, with paragons, being a lot harder to do compared to fel champs, never made worth doing.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What!? Another Powerscroll thread!?

Surely this is indicative that everyone everyone knows 120 being exclusive to Felucca is wrong, and it needs changing!

Again, that's why the topic keeps coming up...

People know deep down inside that it's WRONG.

The few that benefit from this exclsusive content, are just LOUD about the fact they don't want it changed because getting power scrolls (No surprise) is a non-issue for them since it's goes hand and hand with a play-style that they prefer.

do we really need to change this now?
It should have been changed long ago. It never should have been to begin with.

Felucca should be for fighting and PVP..THAT'S IT!

If you want to fight and PvP go to Felucca, outside of that it should have absolutely NOTHING.

Talk about a sense of entitlement. It's the PvPers who think they are entitled to something.

Meanwhile, Trammel playerbase which make up the vast majority continue to get penalized by not being able to access resources vital to gameplay.

there is so many other things devs need to address. the pvpers are already crying about pvp is dying. this wouldn't help. just my opinions.
PvPers are always crying PvP is dying. I mean they are the biggest whiners in the game. Every time I login into Uhall there is a thread after thread crying and moaning about "PvP is dead", this or that needs changing or nerfing.

Devs should reftrain from pouring resources into a portion (PVP) of the game that 90% of the playerbase don't care to participate in. The amount of time, and energy the Devs have spent on PvP as opposed to other areas of the game that need attention is astounding.

120 Power Scrolls for Trammel. Breath some life and excitement into Trammel for a change, and let Trammel players have some fun.

Fiat Justitia Ruat Cælum - "Let justice be done though the heavens fall."

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely this is indicative that everyone everyone knows 120 being exclusive to Felucca is wrong, and it needs changing!

Again, that's why the topic keeps coming up...

People know deep down inside that it's WRONG.
Or people want it easier? Might be that too. You are right though, it does keep coming up, and devs keep saying absolutly not. So...

The few that benefit from this exclsusive content, are just LOUD about the fact they don't want it changed because getting power scrolls (No surprise) is a non-issue for them since it's goes hand and hand with a play-style that they prefer.
You can keep calling it "exclusive" and "monopolized" content all you want, but the fact that you choose not to do this content doesn't make it exclusive. It's open to all players, you choose not to make the effort (for whatever reason), but still feel you are owed the rewards. I disagree.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If the champs were in Tram and dropped power scrolls, they would be camped all day long. It would be like events, the scrolls going to the few best geared multi-boxers. At least right now, I have a chance to go and get them. Let me reiterate that I am not a PvPer and never have been. Aside from mining, lumber jacking, and some spawning, I am rarely in Fel.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If the champs were in Tram and dropped power scrolls, they would be camped all day long. It would be like events, the scrolls going to the few best geared multi-boxers. At least right now, I have a chance to go and get them. Let me reiterate that I am not a PvPer and never have been. Aside from mining, lumber jacking, and some spawning, I am rarely in Fel.
:lie:

Yeah right "Dreadlord"Lestat who never is in Felucca. Really with a name 'Dread Lord' I'm supposed to believe you have no vested interest in Felucca!?:rolleyes:

More lies and nonesense. These guys will say anything to maintain the stranglehold.

"I never PVP, or goto Felucca, but I don't want Powerscrolls in Trammel!". Yeah right!:next:

I know...I know...your a role-player...:rolleyes:

And guess what if they put 120s in Trammel you CAN STILL go to Felucca and get them!

How about that!?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah right "Dreadlord"Lestat who never is in Felucca. Really with a name 'Dread Lord' I'm supposed to believe you have no vested interest in Felucca!?:rolleyes:
It is a title which I no longer hold in-game and which I got from killing serpentine dragons so you hit the head of the nail on that one.
More lies and nonesense. These guys will say anything to maintain the stranglehold.
I have barely even played since Mike (Ozog) passed away. I must have an awesome stranglehold not to mention I don't think I even have 150 mil to my name on all characters combined. I think you just like to argue to argue.
"I never PVP, or goto Felucca, but I don't want Powerscrolls in Trammel!". Yeah right!:next:
Yes, you see me post on all of the pvp boards across all forums and you see me post on all of the PvP vs PvM posts as well....oh wait I don't cause I don't PvP. Wow you are 100% dead on so far!
I know...I know...your a role-player...:rolleyes:
Not really, though I did a great goblin while Mike was around. Dang, you just can't miss!
And guess what if they put 120s in Trammel you CAN STILL go to Felucca and get them!
Well if they put them in Tram, they would probably move them out of Fel since it takes up a good part of the dungeons. Though you may actually have a point here...wow I never thought I would say that.
How about that!?
Awesome Job!! You get a gold star for your post!!! :thumbup:

Keep up the awesome job, U got me gud kid!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If Multiboxers wanted to Chain PS they already can... You want to try to fight 5 characters hitting you with AI all at once???

Hey it already is a thing...

And what would be wrong with people ACTUALLY doing something in game they ENJOY... and getting rewarded for their effort... most of the reason that a ton of Trammel content goes UNDONE is because it's a boring grind that more than likely ends in NOTHING... hours wasted grinding for little to NO return on the time invested... a few times of that and people QUIT doing it... and then they quit doing other things and eventually you get where I am where you pretty much quit playing all together and asking yourself WHY do I keep paying for a game I barely play...

Now I've been playing a hell of a lot more since the Pet Revamp because hey ..... I love pets... but they are getting now to the point where I've leveled them all that I can without scrolls.... and I'm NOT willing to pay ANYONE and most especially am not going to pay the ($$& on my shard who are a bunch of ********.... that kind of gold for doing something I could do myself if they weren't a bunch of *********... and if I didn't have to go to Fel and deal with the kindergarten round-up .... And sure while some don't fall into that category most do... I play UO to relax... NOT to be stressed out trying to stay alive... I have enough trouble doing that with the spawn... I don't enjoy panic play... If I did I wouldn't be playing UO I'd play one of those stupid shooter games...

I'm all for adding stuff to Fel to make PvP more fun... but I resent being forced to either subject myself to that gameplay style or forget it and pay grossly inflated prices for things I ought to be able to get doing the SAME thing in Trammel... Only I can do it better there since I deal with Paragons when I do it... but whatever...

So we are starting to come to where I'm pretty much done getting new pets and leveling them up because I've no more scrolls in my horde... but go ahead keep the scrolls on a dead facet and keep playing the carrot on a stick trying to lure the sheeple in.... see how long it lasts before folk give up and quit... Sorry but not everyone is blessed with billions of gold... and a can afford to throw 40+ million on one thing.... I'm sorry but for most average players like myself I'm not about to spend 40+ million on ONE item... Let alone spend that on the 2 or 300 scrolls I'd need.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If Multiboxers wanted to Chain PS they already can... You want to try to fight 5 characters hitting you with AI all at once???
In events, there is no risk but large reward so they do events. I am sure if the champs were in Tram, they would do those as well but there is no way to know unless they post here and let us know.

Champs on quiet shards are not very stressful to be honest. I only take armor and a couple of weapons on my sampire and all is insured. If I die while doing it, it would be the couple of 105 power scrolls or maybe a pink or two that drop in my bag while fighting. If I happen to get a artifact, I insure it if I want it but more times than not I don't. The champs are fun and if I die, they get nothing much at all. Regardless of what Honey wants to say or think, I am far from a PvPer and if I can survive and finish a champ, anyone can. My wife who does some with me is the ultimate care bear and she enjoys them too. If you are ever interested, PM me and I would be happy to take you and show you how to do them. I only do a couple of specific ones because they have a lot of escape routes. I don't have a lot of scrolls but I can help you out with some as well. Let me know if you are interested. :)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK - educate me (and I am being serious). It seems like multiboxing (and I assume this requires a 3rd party program or two) would be much easier in Fel where the population is very low and from these posts almost no risk. Where if in tram lots of players would report them.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OK - educate me (and I am being serious). It seems like multiboxing (and I assume this requires a 3rd party program or two) would be much easier in Fel where the population is very low and from these posts almost no risk. Where if in tram lots of players would report them.
I don't know how they do it to be honest but they don't seem to care about being seen as you can find them many places in Tram and at events. There doesn't seem to be much risk for cheating anymore. I am just guessing that they don't want the wear and tear on their billion gold suits due to PvP in Fel champs or I am guessing that I would already see them there. I play on quiet shards because Atlantic is too crowded and noisy for me. I mainly play Chessy but I have not played much in the past year. I am finally trying out the pet changes now but little in UO seems to keep my interest anymore. :(

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you live under a rock? Where does 95% of all multiboxing occur, at TRAMMEL EM EVENTS!!! I've seen a couple multiboxing setups in fel and there is simple solution that doesn't require paging.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you live under a rock? Where does 95% of all multiboxing occur, at TRAMMEL EM EVENTS!!! I've seen a couple multiboxing setups in fel and there is simple solution that doesn't require paging.
No I play Siege and usually not under a rock! :drama:

So no one bothers to page on them?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No I play Siege and usually not under a rock! :drama:

So no one bothers to page on them?
lol, what happens when you page for anything anymore? The EM's let them do it at events so it kind of spirals down from there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have barely even played since Mike (Ozog) passed away. I must have an awesome stranglehold not to mention I don't think I even have 150 mil to my name on all characters combined. I think you just like to argue to argue.
Its amazing how most of the posters that call themselves PvPers don't play the game, but they want to control the game while they don't log in.

Multiboxers could do the spawns in Fel. They can find the tougher ones that are not popular.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Its amazing how most of the posters that call themselves PvPers don't play the game, but they want to control the game while they don't log in.
Glad to know I am a PvPer now. Its awesome especially since I don't have a character set for it, don't have billion gold suits, have no kills, and am being accused of it by people that don't even play my shard. Ozog was a good friend of mine, he kept me in the game long after I was ready to leave. His passing really made me lose even more interest in the game. I am so glad you know me so well. It really amazes me how people can get so worked up over things that they can make accusations about people that they do not even know. It is a game, if they move power scrolls to Tram I will be fine, if they keep them in Fel, I will be fine. Will you? I primarily play a tamer and a tamer/t-hunter. I have a sampire and abc archer that I use from time to time. Why don't you look up my posting history or come to the Chessy forums and look at the PvP thread and all of the other threads and see who I am before you make wild accusations.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey it already is a thing...

And what would be wrong with people ACTUALLY doing something in game they ENJOY... and getting rewarded for their effort... most of the reason that a ton of Trammel content goes UNDONE is because it's a boring grind that more than likely ends in NOTHING... hours wasted grinding for little to NO return on the time invested... a few times of that and people QUIT doing it... and then they quit doing other things and eventually you get where I am where you pretty much quit playing all together and asking yourself WHY do I keep paying for a game I barely play...

Now I've been playing a hell of a lot more since the Pet Revamp because hey ..... I love pets... but they are getting now to the point where I've leveled them all that I can without scrolls.... and I'm NOT willing to pay ANYONE and most especially am not going to pay the ($$& on my shard who are a bunch of ********.... that kind of gold for doing something I could do myself if they weren't a bunch of *********... and if I didn't have to go to Fel and deal with the kindergarten round-up .... And sure while some don't fall into that category most do... I play UO to relax... NOT to be stressed out trying to stay alive... I have enough trouble doing that with the spawn... I don't enjoy panic play... If I did I wouldn't be playing UO I'd play one of those stupid shooter games...

I'm all for adding stuff to Fel to make PvP more fun... but I resent being forced to either subject myself to that gameplay style or forget it and pay grossly inflated prices for things I ought to be able to get doing the SAME thing in Trammel... Only I can do it better there since I deal with Paragons when I do it... but whatever...

So we are starting to come to where I'm pretty much done getting new pets and leveling them up because I've no more scrolls in my horde... but go ahead keep the scrolls on a dead facet and keep playing the carrot on a stick trying to lure the sheeple in.... see how long it lasts before folk give up and quit... Sorry but not everyone is blessed with billions of gold... and a can afford to throw 40+ million on one thing.... I'm sorry but for most average players like myself I'm not about to spend 40+ million on ONE item... Let alone spend that on the 2 or 300 scrolls I'd need.
Here is the problem with your argument because champ spawns are actually very grindy to begin with even when I do them in fel. If they put them in trammel they would have to almost drastically drop the spawn rate 120s to the point of getting a slither and make all tram based power-scrolls non bindable/shard transferable. If they put the 120s in tram with the spawn rate as they drop in fel it would only be a few weeks until almost all scrolls would be probably relatively not worth doing anymore. It sucks that you think this would be a good thing but it just goes back to your initial point about everything in trammel would be a grind again or not worth doing. Champ spawns would immediately become a boring grind with no real reward and people will quit anyways unless they create new content. Trammel gets items almost every new publish since power scrolls have been introduced and the game is a boring grind as you say it is almost immediately. Powerscrolls came into this game at Publish 16 and have not been touched since.. Were at Publish 98, now and still talking about putting powerscrolls in a trammel... Its sucks getting raided on my spawns on Atlantic but thats why these items have kept there value over the last 15 years or so.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here is the problem with your argument because champ spawns are actually very grindy to begin with even when I do them in fel. If they put them in trammel they would have to almost drastically drop the spawn rate 120s to the point of getting a slither and make all tram based power-scrolls non bindable/shard transferable. If they put the 120s in tram with the spawn rate as they drop in fel it would only be a few weeks until almost all scrolls would be probably relatively not worth doing anymore. It sucks that you think this would be a good thing but it just goes back to your initial point about everything in trammel would be a grind again or not worth doing. Champ spawns would immediately become a boring grind with no real reward and people will quit anyways unless they create new content. Trammel gets items almost every new publish since power scrolls have been introduced and the game is a boring grind as you say it is almost immediately. Powerscrolls came into this game at Publish 16 and have not been touched since.. Were at Publish 98, now and still talking about putting powerscrolls in a trammel... Its sucks getting raided on my spawns on Atlantic but thats why these items have kept there value over the last 15 years or so.
Now who's delusional... PS came out with 16 and yes while they haven't changed much tons has changed in getting them.. the prices of them at first were outlandish as they are now... but those prices after quite awhile did drop to "reasonable" levels .... however each time something changes to make a skill worth using the scrolls for that skill become outlandish again...

And once again we are all about value... which IMO has ruined UO... Seems to me that's all anyone cares about anymore is making a buck.... they don't do things "for fun" anymore ..... if it isn't going to get them 100's of mill they aren't interested... I'd prefer if we could go back to things being fun and quit with the profit margin....

Factions were done for fun until it was given free arties for points... then it became out that... and cheating the system for it. VvV was intruduced but its all about getting stuff... once the stuff is gotten no one cares. People claim all the time that Fel is about PvP and the fun yet mention giving Trammel PS and all the sudden the see the cash cow going out the door and cry foul... it really isn't about the PvP... it's about the cash cow.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
And here comes the truth folks...it's all about money, and maintaining a monopoly.

Pure greed ladies and gentlemen.

Time to end the Prohibition of Powerscrolls, and legalize them in Trammel. Take them out of the hands of the criminals and sociopaths...

What we have here is a Mafia style system in place supported by the Devs where the good people of the land suffer at the hands of bullies.:thumbdown:

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now who's delusional... PS came out with 16 and yes while they haven't changed much tons has changed in getting them.. the prices of them at first were outlandish as they are now... but those prices after quite awhile did drop to "reasonable" levels .... however each time something changes to make a skill worth using the scrolls for that skill become outlandish again...

And once again we are all about value... which IMO has ruined UO... Seems to me that's all anyone cares about anymore is making a buck.... they don't do things "for fun" anymore ..... if it isn't going to get them 100's of mill they aren't interested... I'd prefer if we could go back to things being fun and quit with the profit margin....

Factions were done for fun until it was given free arties for points... then it became out that... and cheating the system for it. VvV was intruduced but its all about getting stuff... once the stuff is gotten no one cares. People claim all the time that Fel is about PvP and the fun yet mention giving Trammel PS and all the sudden the see the cash cow going out the door and cry foul... it really isn't about the PvP... it's about the cash cow.
by leaving no comment again i think win this argument..... I have to edit this post because i dont think i won the argument but dont understand the cash cow your talking about. I play a sampire on Atlantic that is named skippi the elf and am a terrible pvper and have no affiliations with any guild on this shard. I do just fine as a spawner and just dont get the argument at all.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Powerscrolls need to remain Fel only otherwise they will be farmed by scripted bots 24/7, especially on off-shards. The one thing keeping the supply/demand balance in check is death, ie: chance of dying by participating in champ spawns, it's quite difficult to "bot farm" something around an active PvP area.
Considering how "off shards" are this would already be the case... truth of the matter is they aren't because these were duped to oblivion for YEARS ... RMT sites have sold them to for years... they were easily farmed to the over saturation point for ages on end... they have been around as many point out since pub 16... which was AGES ago... so no it won't hurt anything by putting them in Tram... it would give newer players and people who don't care for the PvP experience a chance to get them without paying over-inflated prices or buying them on 3rd party RMT sites... but whatever lies you tell yourself is fine... give me a break...

There is no supply/demand balance... those that have them sit on them and keep others from getting them... or force them to pay .... either with over-inflated gold or with RMT... either way there is no shortage of scrolls out there we all know that... I've been to several places where there are white scrolls locked down in stacks so high that it blows your mind... That was before we got those nice books to put them in... I know several folk who do champs all the time just for the PvP... who have 100's and probably over 1k of them sitting about... who just don't play anymore...

It's time to cut the cord...

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What we have here is a Mafia style system in place supported by the Devs where the good people of the land suffer at the hands of bullies
No, what we have here is a collective dellusion held by people who dont even set foot in Fel, who all think the moment they do they will be set upon by gangs of evil PKs, it simply is not the case.

I and many others have told you that we do champs regularly in Fel and rarely ever see another player, the people who have told you this are not hardened PvPers, and most of us do these solo on templates that are not optimal for PvP anyway, so would likely be killed by a single practised PK using a PvP template.

The PS and stat(which no one is complaining about as no use for pets) champ spawns have been in Fel for many years and there has not been constant complaints about this, this recent fuss is because tamers with multiple pets who will accept nothing less than 120s in skills on several pets are having issues obtaining enough scrolls, I personally have 2 pets which have been waiting on scrolls for weeks even though Im always doing champs to try to get them, I only have 1 scrolled trained pet throughout all my chars, I could pay silly money for some but frankly I can get by just fine on the pets I have in the meantime, so can you but you just dont want to, and think a hissy fit at the Devs with ridiculous claims of mafias and "suffering" will sort that for you.

I agree that the high prices are tough but this is always the way with a massive demand and a short supply, even before this revamp if I wanted a 120 tactics for a char on europa Id often find none available at all for weeks, value is in the eye of the beholder though isnt it, I wont pay 40 mil for one, if no one else would the price would come down as thats some big vendor fees isnt it, but the fact is someone will pay it so thats that.

As for the notion that its distasteful to have to pay some evil PK for a scroll, most you will find for sale are by people like me who never killed another player unprovoked outside VvV, and never took a spawn from anyone, we just do something you dont want to, its not that you cant, you just dont want to.

I like Tangles but Ive never done Navrey, dont even know where it is, never done the roof, never set foot in Doom, these arent things I want to do so I buy the items from people that do.

These claims of greed are funny too, like you really NEED those 120s to scroll up your 9th pet, what about my friend the thief a few posts back, what he enjoys most in the game is running the risk of stealing at Fel champs, and you wish to spoil his and other Fel players playstyle choice for something which has next to no effect on yours.