• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll for pettition

B

Bob Bob

I agree, but remember, they cant add new artwork so spells would need to keep the same pictures they have now.

The man so nice, they names him twice.

L

Lord Fred

Sign me up for this petition. Im really annoyed that the "best" circle of spells that are all so highly mana consuming and slow just suck.

G

I really like the idea of having different schools of spells. The idea I've come up with is to have one for offensive spells and one for defensive. It would be a lot like the differences in white and black magic in the original Final Fantasy. This would make pure mages have to have two skills for their magery.

It would also take a little away from the mage/tamers, who we all know are a little too powerful. Mage/tamers can cast all the spells that just regular mages can, plus have a little friend. This way they can still gate their pets around, and heal them, by having white magic.

This would also create a lot of room for all these great new spell ideas.

X

Xzar

Although i said this i have read a few posts which are aiming to make mages hugely powerful. If you use the skill rightly mages are VERY powerful as they are.
Just more variety in spells is what i think would be best. Instead of just corp por and explosion to attack with. Just something for visuals really:)
Though some of the spell ideas are good ie the different schools of magic and more defensive spells. There is really no need to mage the mage mdore powerful.I can kill any monster as i am. And most PvP'ers can kill any player if they think about what they are doing, so as i said just for variety of spell choices

G

GMchomp

The clown or clown(s) that work at OSI should get off their arses and listen to the people!

B

Beo

It has always been my opinion that the elementals should be under one spell such as the summon creatures spell. The 8th circle definetly needs some revamping. OSI please give us some better spells to work with specifically offensive as well as possibly a very good area of affect defensive spell.

Beowulf, Master of the Fallen, TFD.
Kira Leafbearer, GM Fisher/Fencer, TFD.
Has anyone seen my fishin' gimp?

S

Snapp

Ive played a mage for just shy of two years now. IM BORED! I use two, count em TWO! 8th circle spells. Rez and EV. Cmon, whats the point of having a GM mage, if i cant cast some good spells. Ive read pretty much the whole thread, and i have to say this. I AGREE! But i dont think we need to make the mage stronger. If we add a dmg spell to the 8th circle, it would have to do a good amount of dmg. Cuz i dont know about you, but if they add a dmg spell that does say... 60pts of dmg. Id rather use a explode/ebolt combo: 40 mana, close to the same dmg. Add somthing like Stone Skin. Where you get a high AR, for say 2 mins, or Mass Heal, or a spell that makes a GM wrestler do somthing. Say, when cast, the wrestling skill drops stam like a macer does, for 2 mins.

Were not supposed to be gods, but we need somthing that makes a mage, worth the extra money, and time to make. Any loser with a day on his hands can make a decent townie. But try making a mage (without the dumb 8x8 crap). Its a pain in the arse!

And one more thing before i go... OSI needs to put somthing in to help us unfortunite mages with 56k modems. Before UO:R i was a damn good PvP'r. Now, i can still OWN mage v mage. But pit me up against a townie, and im as good as dead. Cant keep away, long enough to cast a damn spell.

Thats just my two cents! Peace!

PS: Whoever posted this phrase on an earlier post:

"make the mage a force in the game again, not just a walking lightbulb/paramedic."

I LOVE IT That is the best damn line ive heard in ages! Props to you!

K

Kofu

well it seems we all agree :)

i have to make this unsticky it is blocking the forum in threaded mode but it will forever (or untill i delete it) on the forum.

<font color=red><center>Kofu son of Scar, Miss Steel and Rhianon owners and suppliers of the Pot Shop (Vesper Fel) Europa</center></font color=red>
<font color=blue>Moderator on Europa, Wakoku, Mages, Scribes, Miners and Tinker forum for Stratics.</font color=blue>

E

Edwin Drake

OH HELL YEAH! However, lets not get too carried away here...... Or it will end up just like Necromancy and never get a second look. Lets do this Right!

T

T. G. Cid

Til they give me decent 8th circle spells I will remain a master mage. Evs? I use blades. They're stronger for me anyways. (hint hint nerf the blades hint hint)
Only 8th I use is Ressurection. Getting it within 10 casts is good enough for me. I rarely fizzle flamestrike (and rarely use it too)

In fact, 80 magery would be sufficient for me.

Til they make magery have some purpose at higher levels, I'm not going to gm that magery. It's pointless to waste my reagents and time to attain a status for casting useless stuff.

If they would give me one spell in 8th circle, I would gm it:
Summon Lesser Undead

But I'll take anything.
Like:
Enchant item with lesser magic properties
Frost Floor (Make a few tiles 'frosty' making movement slowed)
Resist Poison (2 minute spell, that'd be all I need)

The only real spell I'm looking forward to is that
Mass Heal/Mass Greater Heal spell.

But anyways, I agree. Don't make the mage a demi-god, make him have a purpose!
(Now that elementals are very crappy, all summons in the 8 circle have lost their purpose really)

Realizing that liches had become somewhat tougher, and that his internet connection was crappy, Thundergod Cid decided to get some help!
--Thundergod Cid, Master Stoic of Great Lakes

D

decaying soul

I am in!!!

put all summon spells into one spell

keep summon daemon a spell

add a new offensive spell..........maybe a spell that will still do FS type damage but it will shoot out the 3 consecutive bursts at one target.would do a good amount ofdamage and mess up there concentration for spells....and i am sure that could find its way into a combo

then a defensive spell....... maybe a beefed up version of reactive armor, that reflects a percent of the damge it soaks up, onto the attacker....maybe 10-25%

I like the shadow port idea from an earlier post....a teleport/invis combo....it would be a highly used and effective spell in pvp or pvm

**puts 2 cents in**

T

Truckosaurus

I definatly agree
Now as far as new spells.
Create golum: takes 100 mana and a LONG time to cast, uses alot of regs, maybe even requires ingots (potential for shadow golum etc) and only one can be summoned at a time. blah blah blah. Creates a magical creature that is loyal to the caster and obeys his commands. does not expire unless the caster abondons it, and can be stabled (or stored as statues like ethreal mounts, but i'm way outta line here, and i'd rather it hinder tamer mages)
Mind tap: lowers the targets magical resistence for a SHORT amount of time.
Harmonics: works like reflective armor, except that #1 it works, and #2 it can cause a sword weilder to drop their weapon (like disarm).
My head hurts.
Anyway, in any other game becoming a high level mage means weilding extraordiary power, such as no common person has ever witnessed, so having powerfull spells isn't a hinderence, but a boon. Also it is more realistic, what are the chances that two grandmaster mages would use spells that they learned in their apreticeship against each other?
I'm too angry to keep on.
Mel.

L

LordBile

One idea i remember reading up on awhilie ago not sure which game it was tho, it was for the greater summoning of elementals or daemons. Why it would work is you have the spell Summon daemon and have say 5 mages in a group, if they all cast this summon greater deamon it'll make 1 daemon that the starter of the group can control but it will be stronger cause it used 5 mages mana to summon. They can only make 1 even if they disband it has to die before they can partake in another greater summon. THis would allow mages to bind together and work together for a greater cause just an idea tho
Bile

S

Slayer of Baja

i think ultima should do what they have been promising and come out with necromancy for the mage

Slayer

B

Ben of Pac

Why do you people want change? Hvae you not learned anything in the last 3 years? People whine and complain about stuff and the game get changed, but not int he way they had hoped. Each change in game means more nerfing or stupid rules added to the game. People were complaining about how powerful amges were before Ren, but guess what? They were not, just stupid people who thought that their all great and powerful fighter should be able to take on a full 7xgm mage with no problem. I had a 7xgm fighter back then, against mages of equaling skills, we were even. That's what balance is, not this luck game we are playing now.

You all want new spells, guess what? If mages get something new, so will fighters, and it'll work out in such a way where fighters will still have the advantage. If you think not, look at everything the Dev has ever done for the players, there's always been an unsuspected addition, that most people don't know about till it hit the shards.

I GMed a fighter Magery in 4 nights, 1 hour a night, at the cost of around 3-4k of each reags. With no med or high Int either, and just using the system within the game and not no exploit. All these changes you ask for, just remember that fighters can benifit from them as well. These so call changes some of you suggested in hope they would help out your mage, may turn around and bite you in the ass when some fighter come around a corner casting it.

D

Drakken

Yes, i would think that this spell would rock! But to make it balanced, it should last for 5 sec and use 40 mana and able to be resistedlike 15% or so; just to make it fair. Then the screen would just go black for them /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/smile.gif

Drakken

my 2 cents

D

Dominion

i agree that magery needs changes
i also read some really great ideas
it just will not happen

you got my vote tho, because i hope as all you people do...

Dom

S

smithingfool

I am totally in favor of this change In Fact I feel like the spiritual godfather to this petition . Reminds me of a thread I started last October. Glad to see others think alike

T

tacomanz

Like most people i like the idea of a Control spell for monsters, but I think it should be called Domination (sounds cool), and when you dominate them you can't control your normal char, you either have to switch back to them or have the Dominated creature die before going back... also I think a new cool spell could be called Death Blow. The spell, if successfully casted will kill someone in one hit, Either yourself, or the enemy. This would be an interesting twist, and fair since you can toast yourself on an accident...

S

Statos

Yes, please do it.....and nerf the silly long-spears too...........Every pvp'er has a long spear....it's a battle of who get's the first para blow........

<center>Statos</center>

<center>"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the Doors"</center>
<center>---a Fallen Bard</center>

T

twilightR

By all means combine the 4 summon ele spells into one. As for new ideas I am not sure about any one else, but as my role in a guild hunt is often the healer, a mass heal spell that restores a group to full health would be handy. Not sure about others.

Twilight: The Faith Healer /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/disturbed.gif
Mage, Scribe, Explorer, Tamer of Mongbats.
Black Dove: Tank Girl /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/lick.gif
GM Wrecking Machine
Dawn: Uhhh..... /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/grrr.gif Noodge? /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/grrr.gif GM Slacker? /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/grrr.gif Adept Wanabe /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/grrr.gif .

G

GCCG

I agree - lets get rid of the summon elemental spells and add 3 new spells....

B

BardsRule

Yes I'm a bard.. and yes bards rock mages. hehe :) But give the mages some better spells.
Even 'I' know that level 8 spells, as they are, suck.

I AGREE!!

L

Lord Afeiron

I agree.
We need some new spells, and i like the idea of a single Summon for the eles.

Best of luck,
Lord Afeiron

N

Novastar

Given my recent new experience with PvP, I would think mages could use an 8th circle scroll to get opposing factions out of a barricaded hole.
*cough*shadowlords*cough*
well, I know that won't happen, so I'll just agree...or did I do that already?

"Novastar lives in and eats .
They are sometimes used for their humanity.
This one has the worn-down look of a creature that lacks
a lair or home to call it's own. It looks like it is starving"

R

RedOkami

i'm sorry guys.. but we have to do this thread again... Florida lost count... and chads everywhere and we have to start over...lol

Okami

R

Ruala Thornspyre

I AGREE

<font color=red>Ruala Thornspyre, Sorceress, Europa</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Seperation is an illusion created by the different shapes of things. - Gilli Smyth (Mothergong)</font color=blue>

M

Mach21k

You got my vote.. where are the bad circle spells?
OSI couldn't put those bad circle pages in for no reason.
Now is the time to make them functional or at least give us
a couple of those hero/evil siege perilous spells that I read
about, that would be cool.

P

PBOConnor

I agree. Lets have some 8th circle spells that are actually useful in
battle - especially in PvP. They'd have to be pretty powerful to justify
the 50 point mana cost (please, no more flamstrikes that do barely
more damage than my ebolt at double the mana cost).

Condense all the elemental summoning spells into one and add some
useful, high power damage and defensive spells.

Running from the world, One balron at a time /shared/forum_images/beige/icons/spin.gif

S

Sabahnur

hey get rid of them they are completly useless, but lets get anew defensive spell as welll as an ofensive one a shield or somthing invulnerability would be sweet could last as long as paralyze, mages also need a beter mass target spell, expanding ring of fire or somthing

quit playing uo an .......

SAB

H

HephestusGL

Love the idea of the summon spells in polymorph form, and we are way overdue for new spells... You got my vote.

M

Merlin of GL

ok heres my idea for a new spell. it wouldnt really be of much use as an offensive spell in battle but still a fun one to use. throughout history there have been storys of wizards and the like turning people into frogs and other creatures. this could be like polymorph only you choose your target and can polymorph them into some other creature. of course this would require some thought as to if the caster would be flagged or what but i would like to see this spell just for the enjoyment it would provide...

I'm workin on a sig so get off my back, k?

R

romeo jules

*Sign the word agree with big bold letter*

Hope my 2 cents helps :)

C

Cloud McNeil

U got my vote on this Poly style summon would rule. Yeah and where is our necromancy? and when they gonna fix mana vampire or am i just using it wrong?
i say we need some ice type spells we got all fire spells but no ice. summon poison or acid ele would rule. and maybe look at some of hte diablo and diablo 2 style spells ina diablo there was a cool one that put a ring of flames around you to protect you. And ive used necro on some player run shards it it kicks hurry up and finaly put that in we need a better way to rp being an evil mage!

Cloud McNeil - Tamer / Bard / Mage
Geoff Omaley - Pirate / fisherman
Slinker - collector of shiny objects

A

Ashley

Agrees, but knows she is wasting her breath (err, fingers). How bout a more powerful help button that forces a GM to show up instead of one of those useless Counselors.

P

pat factor

I agree I would love to have a new spell be it a damaging spelll or jus anothr party spell. The current array of spells is pretty boring.

<font color=green>Master Tamer of Baja</font color=green>

<font color=purple>"Fear is looking at what we are facing, Faith is looking at where we are going to"</font color=purple>