• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please refer to "Related to the PvP thread on Dragons..."

• Thread starter imported_archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nico-SP

Also by nerfing these super beasts arch is asking for a small thing compared to a ninja skill revamp and item revamp so we are asking for the minimum in hopes ea will do it.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Skill vs skill? Isn't that what this game is about. Isn't that why we all have a CHOICE as to what skills he or she will have when we all play? I fail to see your point sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is what this game is about.

It is NOT, however, what PvP is about. PvP is about Player versus Player. Notice how it doesn't have a D for dragon in there? Anyone using a pet ball/dragon scheme in PvP either a.) Wants to win very badly that they'll do so at any costs, or b.) Can't PvP otherwise.

The *only* place Dragons should be seen in PvP is in the deepest recesses of faction bases when major defenses are going on. You shouldn't have people running around with pet balls summoning them every time they get in a position where they might have to admit they have no clue what they're doing.

Get real templates and die to ganks like everybody else.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

Wrong again. I've been pvp'ing for 9 years. Prolly been killing your chars since you started hence why you have been complaining ever since you've been here

[/ QUOTE ]

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
untamed they have some insane dmg. and unreal skills and stats.

ONCE you tame them, they are a joke. i mean if you have low phys or something i can see a problem.

after these guys are tamed, they arent really anything to contend with.

I

imported_Sarphus

I'm ok with ninja forms moving as fast as mounts. What I'm not ok with is them not taking up control slots. Having unmounted mount speed at no control slot cost creates an imbalance that tamers can exploit.

All you have to do to fix the ninja/tamer issue is make ninja forms take control slots.

All you have to do to fix the petball issue is make use of the petball spam something to your screen and then have a delay before the pet is summoned to the summoner. I'd be ok with summoning being interruptable and freeze you in place too.

The problem with pet balls is that they let you use other high dmg combos in conjunction with the pet balls to combo-kill people. Items should not ever be useable as part of offensive combos...

CASH...
you're talking about player's dragons hitting for 65 with fire breath. I think you need to consider increasing your fire resist from 40.
You're crying "NERF NERF", but you obviously haven't done the math behind these dragons. Well maybe you did the math and are just grossly exaggerating how powerful these dragons.

People who actually know about pets quickly realize that beetle/bake is a much more powerful combo in pvp. The new dragon can't beat the potential burst damage you can get when a runie hits a target with corrupt armor. Simply put, you're complaining about something new that's not as strong as what was already here.

I

imported_archite666

look at my topic post you trammie, that dragon is tamed and being trained by my guild as we speak, and guess what I think theres a bug since its wrestling is well over 120 now.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

<blockquote><hr>

I'm ok with ninja forms moving as fast as mounts. What I'm not ok with is them not taking up control slots. Having unmounted mount speed at no control slot cost creates an imbalance that tamers can exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

<blockquote><hr>

All you have to do to fix the ninja/tamer issue is make ninja forms take control slots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. Even if a ninja form took two control spots, Ninja tamers could still petball spam a beetle on you.

<blockquote><hr>

All you have to do to fix the petball issue is make use of the petball spam something to your screen and then have a delay before the pet is summoned to the summoner. I'd be ok with summoning being interruptable and freeze you in place too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. Putting a casting delay on petballs means that a dismounted dexxer has no way to summon a pet before dying. A better solution is a delay between uses. That way, a petball can still be used, it just can't be spammed.

<blockquote><hr>

The problem with pet balls is that they let you use other high dmg combos in conjunction with the pet balls to combo-kill people. Items should not ever be useable as part of offensive combos...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Petball spam should not be part of a combo.

<blockquote><hr>

CASH...
you're talking about player's dragons hitting for 65 with fire breath. I think you need to consider increasing your fire resist from 40.
You're crying "NERF NERF", but you obviously haven't done the math behind these dragons. Well maybe you did the math and are just grossly exaggerating how powerful these dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. I don't think he is "doing math" at all. He is testing them with his guildmates. If you haven't done the same, then he is more qualified to say what the damage is than you are.

<blockquote><hr>

People who actually know about pets quickly realize that beetle/bake is a much more powerful combo in pvp. The new dragon can't beat the potential burst damage you can get when a runie hits a target with corrupt armor. Simply put, you're complaining about something new that's not as strong as what was already here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. Even if your premise is correct two wrongs don't make a right.

N

Nerf-Herder

I disagree Sarphus. Forms should not take control slots because unlike a mount or an ethy, you are investing actual skill points to use them.

The problem isn't ninja form + taming. The problem is ninja form + PET BALL + taming.

Put a 15+second timer on pet balls and make it so they cannot be used in animal form.

After that, some sort of PvP only damage penalty needs to be applied to at least SOME pets. Start at 25% damage reduction in PvP only and adjust it as needed.

Problem solved.

Have a nice day.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

The problem isn't ninja form + taming. The problem is ninja form + PET BALL + taming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, and I don't think this can be emphasized enough. The solution is to place heavy restrictions on pet ball usage such as the following:

*Require a summon time like blade spirits has.
*Require a one hour cool down timer after pet ball use.
*Do not allow pet ball use when you are flagged an agressor or engaged in combat. (Perhaps apply that same "Thou'rt in the midst...".

Done.

Don't need to nerf the dragons, don't need to nerf taming, and don't need to nerf ninjitsu. If they pose to be problems later on, then you can nerf them, but the problem here is clearly an item.

N

Nerf-Herder

You know, that's an idea. Make the pet balls function like mounting an ethereal. Long casting time, can be interrupted, and can't be used in animal form!

Zing!

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Yeah, add that one to the list hehe. Shouldn't be able to use them in any form other than human or ugly..errr I mean elf.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't do special moves in animal form. Add in when you say "all kill" you get "You cannot perform this command now".

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

You know, that's an idea. Make the pet balls function like mounting an ethereal. Long casting time, can be interrupted, and can't be used in animal form!

Zing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...
That's basically, what I was trying to say, but I hadn't thought of restricting pet balls to not be useable while in animal form.

If you just tack on a cooldown time on pet balls, you solve nothing because you can still combo-summon (which I believe is the problem). If you make the summoning ball act like a summoning spell, you have a balanced system because you make the item function like an actual spell (a system that works) rather than making it instant-summon abuseable combo.

When I see people telling me a cast time on the summoning ball is a bad idea and that it won't fix the problem, but a cooldown timer will, I just assume they play a ninja tamer. It's OBVIOUS to me that a cooldown timer is just as abuseable as the current pet ball.

Either way, it's not the pet that's the problem. It's abuseable game mechanics that are being used with the pet.

I

imported_Sarphus

control slots for ninja forms is just one idea I have to fix ninja forms on tamers.

I like the some of the other ideas that I'm reading here better than my idea to add control slots to animal forms because I they are just as likely to fix the abuses, but are more consistant with existing restrictions on ninja forms than my idea was, which should make them easier to implement and easier for players to remember.

Consistancy is good.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

You must suck to get killed by tamers then.

Lure the pet away, kill the tamer.
Or are your problems with dismount, pet balls and ninja forms?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ill assume you dont play on siege, play there then pass your judgement on me, as i said before the pet balls and ninja forms could for sure use some tweaking , until then this new pet could use some looking at. Im kinda done explaining the same thing over and over for some of you

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

You can't do special moves in animal form. Add in when you say "all kill" you get "You cannot perform this command now".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a great idea. The message should say "You can not issue this command while in this form", though. That message would make it more clear to the player why they can't issue the kill command.

How do you see the guard command being handled? When you're dealing with a single 5 slot pet, balancing the guard command becomes more important since the guard command only applies to one of your pets.

I think the easiest fix is to make pets not guard while their owner is in a ninja form.

N

Nerf-Herder

A tamer should never have his pets guarding him while in a Fel guard zone anyways. There's a way to make the pets aggro and get them and the tamer guard whacked.

B

Babble

<blockquote><hr>

look at my topic post you trammie, that dragon is tamed and being trained by my guild as we speak, and guess what I think theres a bug since its wrestling is well over 120 now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine I could tame the paragon dragon with 9000 HP in Ilshenar now

G

The problem here is the freedom in UO.
As long as all action isent tyed to a skill and multiple skills arnt tyed to each other we will always get templets who are nasty comered to others.

tamers are still no problem compeered to other templets out there. What seems the real problem for some pvp,er is that they see tamers as easy temps to run whit no skill involved.
Tamers are the easiest kill out there and their pets are far from fastest way to kill another player.

I

imported_Sarphus

I realize the OP is training a pet and testing it against his friends and whatnot. I don't think this is a good way to test it, either. There's no way of telling whether he's one of the many pvpers that complains about balanced pets in pvp just because he doesn't know how to fight them (or he refuses to run templates that do well against tamers). Also, his argument is that the pet is too powerful because of the many pvp abuses that can be used with it. That's a bad argument.

In reality, the pet is completely counterable, but also useable with some pvp imbalances being used by gimp tamers with all pets. The new dragon doesn't do as much dmg as other 5 slot options at a pvp tamer's disposal, which blows the "overpowered pvp pet" argument out of the water imo. I can counter the pets that do more dmg than this dragon and I can counter this dragon.

I recognize the abuses he mentions, but they aren't problems with the pet. They are problems with game mechanics that need to be fixed. You don't nerf a pet to fix a broken game mechanic. That's like perscribing tylenol for cancer.

Now to specifically respond to your comments.
I concede that making ninja forms take control slots isn't the only way to fix the ninja form abuse. After reading other people's ideas, I think a better fix is to disallow kill commands while in a ninja form and to disallow the use of the pet ball while in a ninja form. I would prefer to see how those restrictions would play out before going so far as to make the ninja forms take control slots. I think those restrictions (suggested by other people) are more intuitive and easier to implement than what I came up with.

I completely disagree that being in a ninja form with just a rune beetle would be overpowered. It's just a single pet, and a pet that has a slayer vulnerability. I've gone against gimplates using beetle and bake and completely owned them. I would most definitely own a gimplate that only has the beetle.

Regarding your comments about adding a cool down timer on the pet ball...

Adding a cool down timer to the pet ball wouldn't solve anything. You would still be able to use the pet ball in with combos. A cool down would at best solve repeated summoning, which is arguably a non-issue. The issue is combo-summoning, which is my term for using a pet summon as part of an attack combo.

I had to read your statement a few times to understand what you were trying to communicate. You're talking about summoning the pet before it dies. Your sentence reads as though you're saying you wanted to summon the pet before you die (which didn't make sense). I think you have a point that a consideration should be placed into the ability to summon your pet out of a dangerous situation. I think pet ball summoning could still be treated like any other spell/summoning by having a cast time/recovery placed on it and still allow a tamer to evacuate his pet if the tamer makes the evacuation decision quickly enough.

Just throwing some numbers out there... Maybe the pet ball would have a 5 second, interruptable cast time. During this cast time, the tamer is frozen in place as though he were casting a magery summoning spell.

I realize you said a dexer specifically couldn't summon his pet out before it dies. Generally pet balls are used on combat pets because you can't use the pet ball when you're dead, so I assumed you were talking about a combat-ready pet that your dexer apparently uses. Either way, I think the negative impact of a 5 second cast time would be minimal and I certianly think a 5 second cast time would have a much smaller negative impact than the positive impacts it would have.

Lastly... regarding your comments about my saying the OP didn't do the math.

Testing a pet on your friends puts you at the mercy of your friend's gear and strategies. If his friends aren't wearing gear that is good vs a fire breath attack, for example, naturally they will get hit hard with the fire breath.

I have most of UO's combat system in a spreadsheet and have tested it against in game experiments. The numbers I see in my spreadsheet are consistant with everything I've seen in game including what I've seen with these dragons. It's very easy for me to draw the conclusion that if he's getting hit for 65 damage on a fire breath that he doesn't have 70 fire resist. Fire breath damage is based on the HP remaining on the critter and possibly the base damage and/or the max hp the critter can have. That being said, wild dragons will do more damage with fire breath than tamed ones, and the wild ones aren't hitting me for 65 damage in my &lt; 70 fire resist. When I'm in mid 50's fire resist, wild dragons hit me for about 65... That tells me he's crying wolf. Or possibly there's a bug in the new dragon's fire breath that makes them do the same fire breath damage the wild ones do... that's something that could be tested. Either way, when he threw out the number 65 dmg on a fire breath, I threw his results out the window because they were higher than the fire breath numbers I'm seeing in 60's fire resist when the fire breath is done by a dragon with double the HP of his dragon.

Also, he could be led to believe the dragons do too much melee damage if he's not wearing much physical resist.

So anyway... think what you will. I'm not talking out my butt

G

<blockquote><hr>

A tamer should never have his pets guarding him while in a Fel guard zone anyways. There's a way to make the pets aggro and get them and the tamer guard whacked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now now dear posting details of bugs/exploits is against ROC.
{heavy sarcasim}
Perhaps now the devs will look at the paralize spell cast on a player with pets guarding them.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

The new dragons are no worse in pvp than a beetle mare combo or anything we had before they were introduced.

[/ QUOTE ]

and those were being abused too... how in the hell did you miss the last 6 months of us pancakes about dismount stealth tamers?

Seriously, why in the hell are all you trammies posting about how you love these dragons in this thread?

No one would care if they were strictly for PvM...

a beetle/mare combo is outbalanced... and this is even more because there's no counter to this.

Way to really [censored] up PvP devs... seriously. You see the endless posts complaining about PvP tamers so you do something to add to this [censored]?

Who the in the [censored] had this bright idea... and why weren't they fired. I thought we were actually trying improve UO, not PISS OFF the remaining population already dis-satisfied with it's current state of how unbalanced player vs player combat is.

How in the hell are we supposed to try and have fun when you do things like this?

GG

B

Babble

If you go for that.
Lots more tamers are happy than pvpers annoyed.
I am fairly sure about that.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW 10 million subscribers
-----------------------------
95% kids, brats and punks.....that's why, there's no thinking in that kiddie game. Maybe that's what alot ofthe tough guys on seige want, a no thinking, scripting game?? Perhaps.....a tone of enlightenment, the words "overpowered", and "balance", oh yeah, and the gimp word, "nerf"....those are for wimps.....there IS NO BALANCE in life or little pc games....you deal with it, manipulate it, conform to it, readjust tactics, but don't cry in public.....I'm embarrassed for you.

P

Paul the Samurai

I can see LAH Architect you are no PVP veteran, and if you call what yall do on CareBear shards PVP, you are sadly mistaken.
I hate when CareBears ruin UO.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even understand why this thread is still here. It's filled to the brim with so much inaccuracies, pointless whining, and snidey little insults. I will never understand why non-pvpers feel the need to add there tupponsworth into something that will never affect them and therefore have no real clue about what they are actually discussing?

Waste of time trying to even break down half these silly posts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't even understand why this thread is still here. It's filled to the brim with so much inaccuracies, pointless whining, and snidey little insults. I will never understand why non-pvpers feel the need to add there tupponsworth into something that will never affect them and therefore have no real clue about what they are actually discussing?

Waste of time trying to even break down half these silly posts.

[/ QUOTE ]The systems behind PvM and PvP are the same systems.
A nerf done for the sake of PvP is more than likely going to impact PvM.
Just as this change, which I'm going to assume was a primarily PvM change, has impacted PvP.

These doors swing both ways.
It's just not as much fun when they don't swing in your favour, is it?

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

I will never understand why non-pvpers feel the need to add there tupponsworth into something that will never affect them and therefore have no real clue about what they are actually discussing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you dont play siege, but do you mind if i quote you in my sig? Hehe. This is the post with the best point in here.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

If you go for that.
Lots more tamers are happy than pvpers annoyed.
I am fairly sure about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

.... what?

How many pvpers are annoyed because they have had to play as tamers in order to effectively compete?

Probably about the same percentage as those who had to be bushido archers when they would 1-2 hit kill anyone.

but I'm fairly sure you just proved my point rather than anything else.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I will never understand why non-pvpers feel the need to add there tupponsworth into something that will never affect them and therefore have no real clue about what they are actually discussing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you dont play siege, but do you mind if i quote you in my sig? Hehe. This is the post with the best point in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

since my photobucket is on vacation... can I use it too?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

To all you trammies

<blockquote><hr>

And you have the nerve to come here and tell me that I should stop complaining about how you royally took a massive dump on this wonderful game?

You seriously blame me for asking the devs to undo the crap you've made me endure, promising me that this is where UO's future is at? Never telling anyone that the people (trammies) you wanted this game to focus on would jump ship the second the competition produced a prettier pixelated piece of similar shat?

Wow... just wow.

There's massive amounts of players who would LOVE to play UO without your trammy hand-holding carebear "I don't want pks to take my pixel crap" rulez that have ruined this game.

I don't see tons of trammies holding their breath to play this game... can you tell me why that is and what in the [censored] makes your prefered style of play soooo much more important than ours that 7/9ths of our landmass has to be devoted to your stupid style of play?

You can't tell me squat and seriously, way to screw this game up... good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF

L

LAH Architect

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yucks, I hate it when people start name calling and attempting to ' down-size ' others when their arguements starts giving way. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on these boards that differ in opinion but they present their facts better.

*Note to OP :

Fireball and Firebreathe is two different things. Saying 65 damage fireballs is giving wrong impression of uber spellcasting. Not to mention does the firebreathe really do 65 damage to a 70 fire resist opponent ?

There is no bug, New Dragons can be trained up to 90% of their pre-tamed skill. This means the top ones at 140 Wrestle can be trained to approximately 126 Wrestle.

<blockquote><hr>

I can see LAH Architect you are no PVP veteran, and if you call what yall do on CareBear shards PVP, you are sadly mistaken.
I hate when CareBears ruin UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are welcomed to go play Seige and whine here all you want to pester the Devs for changes to a shard at the expense of all the other shards. I think the Seige posters are very outspoken and always remind us here that they don't have insurance and suits are not that uber compared to normal production shards. Remember that you guys are the uber 10 year veterans that CHOOSE to play on a harder shard.... if you need tweaks, don't force it on all the other shards please.... we are still younglings compared to you guys.

Have the Seige guys ever consider the following proposals :
' Removal of Pet Balls on Seige '
' PBD cannot target Pet Balls on Seige '
Comeon... be more creative and Im sure you can think up more.

I may not be the ' Alpha Beta Roxxor Ownzed Joo ' Veteran PvPer but I am active in Felucca and kill and die every day there. What I don't know, I always approach with an open mind to learn and test. I dare say that my knowledge of this game and fel systems accumulated today have surpass many an empty bragging vessel vet pvper.

I am very disturbed by the OP and numerous posters here that claim to know all about the New Dragons when they only have just been introduced. It's not even possible to Pet Bond them now to test on actual Pvpers here.

All these people are doing is to drag out the old issue of PvP Tamers and use the Greater Dragon as a vehicle to whine.

If you have new feedback on the new dragons, share with us. Some of the folks here are demanding immediate changes from Devs ?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry,

I want to pick this apart a bit....

<blockquote><hr>

I don't even understand why this thread is still here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but probably for a different reason.

<blockquote><hr>

It's filled to the brim with so much inaccuracies, pointless whining, and snidey little insults.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and how many of the innacurate, whining, snides did as much testing as Nico / Winder and Al Thorin.... or were they all to busy being "cool", playing Siege?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you draw the line as to who is a "non-PvPer", and who has a right to post in a thread like this?

I am mainly a Trammy RPer, who does a bit of PvP on the side. Does that negate my opinions that:
1) Petballs should have a timer to call a pet.
2) Petballs should have cooldown period between uses.
3) Ninja forms should take a control slot

Maybe the non-stealth tamer, on foot, and with a limited petball, and a super dragon, is going to be overpowered - I'll leave that judgement to you as you have far more PvP experience than me; but if (as indicated by many posts here), the stealth tamer in animal form, with a petball is overpowered, that's 4 attributes which need reviewing: Stealth / Ninja forms / Petballs / Pets. Why is the pet aspect being picked-on here?

I'm a crappy tamer; but I'll happily launch my two Kits at you, and see how things turn-out; compared to an on-foot Nico (who is a far better tamer) siccing her UltraDragon on you.
If my Kits do better than Nicos' dragon, will that mean that the new dragons are not imbalanced? I doubt it, as I don't think either Nico or I have stealth/ninja on our tamers... but then again, the problem isn't with stealth/ninja tamers - it's with super dragons.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I appreciate that some pets could still be too powerful if the pet balls etc were toned down. But as every discussion about tamers being overpowered contains these gimp tactics, I think removing them is the most logical first step. Not necessarily the last

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tamers do not belong in PvP at all.

I respect the tamer profession (in fact I have one on LA and one on Atlantic for past *****PvM***** purposes), but they do not belong in PvP.

Most of the people arguing in favor of nerfs are from Siege. In case you haven't been there - they know a little about PvP.

Get over yourself.

EDIT: I want the pet ball nerfed to hell or removed. Not the pets.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

To all you trammies

<blockquote><hr>

And you have the nerve to come here and tell me that I should stop complaining about how you royally took a massive dump on this wonderful game?

You seriously blame me for asking the devs to undo the crap you've made me endure, promising me that this is where UO's future is at? Never telling anyone that the people (trammies) you wanted this game to focus on would jump ship the second the competition produced a prettier pixelated piece of similar shat?

Wow... just wow.

There's massive amounts of players who would LOVE to play UO without your trammy hand-holding carebear "I don't want pks to take my pixel crap" rulez that have ruined this game.

I don't see tons of trammies holding their breath to play this game... can you tell me why that is and what in the [censored] makes your prefered style of play soooo much more important than ours that 7/9ths of our landmass has to be devoted to your stupid style of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh!!!!

I wish I was as macho as you two.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yucks, I hate it when people start name calling and attempting to ' down-size ' others when their arguements starts giving way. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on these boards that differ in opinion but they present their facts better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, people are "down-sizing" others not because their aguments are giving way, but because people are so blatantly misconstruing the argument with such ignorance to what's being discussed... the only thing left to do is fight fire with fire.

There hasn't been a single argument in this entire thread that's coherent and containing facts supporting these "greater dragons" in the current state of PvP. They don't belong and they shouldn't have been added.

Just another one of the trammy crap that's trickled into areas it doesn't belong. Same thing for instanced corpses/dungeons, private houses, sac self res, insurance, so on and so on.

We're getting REALLY sick and tired of your crap ruining our fun... it's time to stop trying to stomp out the flaming bags of poo you people keep leaving on our doorsteps... and start slapping you cause you keep leaving it on our doorsteps. After 8 years of this bullcrap, enough is enough.

If Archery didn't have dismount (you should have to stealth up to someone or run up to them... either way to dismount. You displayed tactics, cunning and deserve that kind of a reward.) and if being in animal form used up 1 slot and made it impossible for you to control a pet...

These dragons would be FINE in PvP.

The problem is that with the current system/state/rules of PvP, these dragons are simply waaaaayyyy to powerful and it's really ruining the fun of fair competition on the battlefield.

And the trammies in this thread are trying to argue apples with us, when we're all complaining about the oranges.

So orange you people going to get a freaking clue already... damnit.

<blockquote><hr>

Have the Seige guys ever consider the following proposals :
' Removal of Pet Balls on Seige '
' PBD cannot target Pet Balls on Seige '
Comeon... be more creative and Im sure you can think up more.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've asked repeatedly for a 10-20 second timer between summons using a petball so people can't follow you in animal form spamming the "summon pet + all kill + last target" macro for an easy kill...

We've asked repeatedly that the log out/in feature with pets be removed entirely or altered so that pets that are alive are sent to the stable when a player logs in/out... and pets that are dead... stay put.

If you lose your pet, that's your fault. If you're pet is dead, then use a pet ball of summoning to retrieve it, just like you would have to if it was alive.

but... it's been "too much to ask" apparently...

<blockquote><hr>

All these people are doing is to drag out the old issue of PvP Tamers and use the Greater Dragon as a vehicle to whine.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Greater Dragons just highlight how much of an issue this really is. We've been complaining about pets, tamers and PvP for some time now...

No other class of character can run around completely naked and be 100% effective with just a petball blessed... it's quite unbalanced and sad actually.

edit:typos =[

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

To all you trammies

<blockquote><hr>

Wow... just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality. The ultimate weapon.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

To all you trammies

<blockquote><hr>

Wow... just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality. The ultimate weapon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that PvPers were only hanging around until Darkfall or Conan is released.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

I've been playing UO since it came out... I'm hanging out until it dies or until you trammies kill it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Zing!

[/ QUOTE ]Win win.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

...and how many of the innacurate, whining, snides did as much testing as Nico / Winder and Al Thorin.... or were they all to busy being "cool", playing Siege?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with that, largely a lot of them fall into the category as well. My comments certainly aren't directed to Nico because she openly tested these issues and invited others to join in. However, the majority of the Siege players in this thread have seen the damage pets do to the pvp on Siege on a daily basis for the last few years, so they have every right to be upset at the thought of more super dragons. There is no Siege test center, so how can you realistically test?

<blockquote><hr>

Where do you draw the line as to who is a "non-PvPer", and who has a right to post in a thread like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between posters like you, and the posters I'm speaking about. You have logic and reasoning, and would be prepared to properly discuss changes, the posters I'm speaking about, like nothing more than to simply troll threads. Even though you may not pvp a great deal, you recognise and can still sit back, try and evaluate a problem, and devise a solution. That I have no problem with.

G

I know where you're coming from, I've always lived in Fel, so it's nothing new that PvPers don't like tamers. I don't use my tamer for regular PvP, but she does defend herself. But there is a huge difference from the gimped up template and mine

Thing is no tamer, including a predominantly trammel player, wants these "tamers" in the profession. We've had these discussions before and tried to work out a solution that helps PvPers and prevents a huge nerf hitting the PvM tamers because it's misdirected. So yes, there are trammel players in this thread, because they will be affected if a stupid nerf goes in. One which won't even fix the problem.

I don't know what idiot put pet balls in Siege at all, but they want kicking in the pet balls. They should at the very least be cursed, but absolutely not blessable. Ugh

On prod shards, these PvP tamers are a minority. A tiny group when you think how many tamers there are PvMing. So a knee-jerk nerf that goes wrong will hurt tram tamers very hard, then hit again when EA try to fix it again. Let's try and avoid a double screw up?

I think there have been some good suggestions posted in this thread and I hope that the PvP community gives them proper consideration rather than a dose of "trammy" insults. Sure, if those changes went in and there was still a problem, look at it again. But tamers do know their profession best, so try and work with us please?

Wenchy

X

Xin Law

This is absolutely ********, the freaking rune beetles were bad enough for us PVP'rs, now we have this freaking dragon on steriods. A simple corpse skin and evil omen on your target and the breath attack can instant kill you when your hit by a spell at the same exact time. Lets see now tack that onto:

-- They do absolutely nothing to stop or decrease the number of players using illegal programs to cheat (they can even brag in game about the program their using, even call you stupid for not using it and when you verbal harras page so the journal log is recorded and sent, they don't do anything about it). This happened twice, and they had no clue that I paged on them. They didnt get taken to jail to be questioned, no suspension, no warning about not talking about stuff like that in game, absolutely nothing.

-- They do not even address, much less fix bugs/exploits that have been around for over 2 years, hell there are even a couple of bugged tiles that have invisible walls that will block you and these are almost 10 years old.

-- Constantly adding idiotic pixel crack in the hopes that it will pacify customers into sticking with the game.

-- They have absolutely no idea as to what 'customer service' is, like claiming they do read these forums, especailly after they officially annonced stratics to being their forum of information dissemination, which is obviously a lie. They dont reply to any questions/concerns from emails.

-- Lastly, EA has shifted responsibility of UO over to Mystics, after it became obvious that Kingdom Reborn flopped (I believe KR was their last big attempt into trying to keep UO alive. Which shouldnt be a surprise considering the thousand or so some odd changes/bugs/exploits/errors that tormented and aggrivated so many people that tried KR to not even bother with it. Assuming they could get it to even load on their computer.

Take a step back and take it all in and it looks like they are working on getting enough people to quit so they can shut down UO, or at the very least get the die hard 2D players to quit so they can just keep KR up and running. I think they are after getting 2D players to quit, because the way to do it is make changes that will piss off PVP'rs cause thats the majority of the 2D players. Just think about it, they are putting absolutely no effort into stopping players from using illegal programs to cheat in the game, they just added another freaking pet that can do instant kills, except these super dragons can do it from accross the screen. They are trying to implement INCREASING the effects of some necromancy spells and curses which are already ridiculously overpowered anyways.

G

<blockquote><hr>

However, the majority of the Siege players in this thread have seen the damage pets do to the pvp on Siege on a daily basis for the last few years

[/ QUOTE ]*cough* I am a Siege player, Nixon. Furthermore, I am a tamer on Siege.

My SP tamer does have rudimentary defensive hiding skill (50), however, I refuse outright to play the latest gimplate and I do not use either ninjitsu or stealth skills on her.

<blockquote><hr>

so they have every right to be upset at the thought of more super dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]Again, it is the mix of ninjitsu forms + hiding/stealth (no passive reveal) + pet balls which when combined with taming skills can become problematic most especially in the Siege ruleset. Nevertheless the bulk of the dissent remains focused on the pets.

<blockquote><hr>

There is no Siege test center, so how can you realistically test?

[/ QUOTE ]On the small scale, a passable fascimile would be achieved pretty easily just by not using the "claim arties" command, by using mid-range 120/100 Tailor/Arms Lore crafted armour (better armour is crafted on Siege by same skill Tailor with Arms Lore btw), by insuring only one single item, and by playing exclusively in the Felucca facet of TC1.

The one major difference that I can think of that you cannot easily replicate would be passive reveal. There is no passive reveal on SP.

Introduce passive reveal on Siege and gimplate tamers running with low stealth and some/many with less than GM hiding skill become exponentially easier to detect &amp; therefore defeat.