• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please refer to "Related to the PvP thread on Dragons..."

• Thread starter imported_archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sir Ha-ward

Have you never been dismounted? I run a mage and have ninja, after a dismount it takes what 7 seconds, maybe more before you can go into form, against one tamer 50% of the time your dead

G

The dragons can 2 shot someone , thats more than a beetle/ kit combo will do.

You are completely wrong sir. A beetle and a mare can one hit kill a person if the beetle gets off a corrupt armor and the mare is lucky enough to hit. Please get your facts straight.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

So what happens to a mage that gets dismounted? He or she goes into wolf or llama form and runs away. How hard is that to hit one hotkey and get off screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're a noob and use cheap tactics. Ninjas vs. Pirates, Tamers vs. Ninjas...funny how the game becomes one skill vs. one skill. In order to adapt, you have to use these two skills. Does that tell you something about those two skills?

Pathetic. Even more pathetic is the fact that the devs have let this go so long.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

So what happens to a mage that gets dismounted? He or she goes into wolf or llama form and runs away. How hard is that to hit one hotkey and get off screen?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, wow, proof that you guys dont know what you are talking about. After getting dismounted there is a timer before you can mount again. So you cant go animal form for several seconds
And as you would say:
<blockquote><hr>

Please get your facts straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I didn't think you needed a dictionary to work out what "before" meant in that sentence... *shrug*

If a draggy can 2 shot kill you without his owner pet balling him or using some other gimp tactics, you either dropped con or need to learn to move a little bit. Damage output is high from these draggies, but they move like snails... If I can out walk a wild one and survive, I'm sure a PvPer is capable of the same with the tame variety.

Wenchy

G

Skill vs skill? Isn't that what this game is about. Isn't that why we all have a CHOICE as to what skills he or she will have when we all play? I fail to see your point sir.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

If I can out walk a wild one and survive, I'm sure a PvPer is capable of the same with the tame variety.

[/ QUOTE ]zomg my head will xplode. Did you not read my big long post at all? must i post it again, just for you? I guess you are *special* enough to need it again.

G

Pleaes quote in my post where i mentioned anything about a timer. Perhaps you never tried casting teleport to get away from an opponent. Please don't let me instruct you on how to play your template. Perhaps you could give me the time delay to cast a level 3 spell such as teleport since you know about timers so much

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

You are completely wrong sir. A beetle and a mare can one hit kill a person if the beetle gets off a corrupt armor and the mare is lucky enough to hit. Please get your facts straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of two things , you dont pvp or you wear crap armor, ive never been two shotted by an armor corruption since the changes to the armor corruption happened months ago, so ya get YOUR facts straight , ty.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Pleaes quote in my post where i mentioned anything about a timer. Perhaps you never tried casting teleport to get away from an opponent. Please don't let me instruct you on how to play your template. Perhaps you could give me the time delay to cast a level 3 spell such as teleport since you know about timers so much

[/ QUOTE ]
thats my point, you did not mention a timer at all. Please quote me where i said you mentioned a timer.

This is what you said:
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I responded by indicating that you CAN NOT go into llama form BECAUSE of a timer. I am the one that brought in a timer. Buddy, with each post you make you are only digging your hole deeper.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't think you needed a dictionary to work out what "before" meant in that sentence... *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously english is not your primary language or your hallucinating again seeing words that arent there

<blockquote><hr>

If a draggy can 2 shot kill you without his owner pet balling him or using some other gimp tactics, you either dropped con or need to learn to move a little bit. Damage output is high from these draggies, but they move like snails... If I can out walk a wild one and survive, I'm sure a PvPer is capable of the same with the tame variety.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE, for gods sake read all the posts before responding... if you are dismounted (still with me?) and a tamer is in animal form (concentrate now) then a tamer will PET BALL them on top of you no matter how fast you are(got it all?) What is so hard to understand here?

G

Wrong again. I've been pvp'ing for 9 years. Prolly been killing your chars since you started hence why you have been complaining ever since you've been here

S

Sir Ha-ward

If youve been pvping that long you havent learned much, all ive seen from you is comprehension failure since u started posting here. How man times does Goron have to point out how silly u look before you stop posting?

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Wrong again. I've been pvp'ing for 9 years. Prolly been killing your chars since you started hence why you have been complaining ever since you've been here

[/ QUOTE ]credible statement with a uoss account made only last year.

Also very credible when you think someone can go into animal form right after being dismounted.

Dirk doom, you are my hero.

G

How is my hole getting deeper when i keep throwing dirt on you? Seems like i'm on top of your hole stomping you in

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

credible statement with a uoss account made only last year.

Also very credible when you think someone can go into animal form right after being dismounted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right here is actually where your hole is getting deeper when u thought someone could go into animal form right after dismount. Some of you people on here are just totally unbelievable. Your clueless, yet your saying you know it all about pvp, yet every post you make it plain to see that you have no idea what your talking about, and when we show you in plain english you have no idea what your talking about you keep posting .... unbelievable

G

I honestly believe you and sir ha-wand need to get together and practice playing your templates since neither of you board pvp very good i can only imagine how your in-game play is
No wonder both of you are here complaining

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I honestly believe you and sir ha-wand need to get together and practice playing your templates since neither of you board pvp very good i can only imagine how your in-game play is
No wonder both of you are here complaining

[/ QUOTE ]
I like how you have avoided talking about your statement that you can go animal form right after being dismounted. Why do you avoid it when haha and i bring it up? Why cant you respond? Why do you instead choose to attack our ability to board pvp and game pvp? THAT is how your hole is getting deeper. Because you have not even tried to crawl out of it yet.

G

Ever tried pre-casting invis? Im betting not. Please I don't wanna start a thread explaining how to play a mage template to most of you so-called elite mages. Maybe most of you should go off and practice using more spells than just explosion flamestrike curse poison. Ya know that mage book of yours has more than just five or six spells in it
My time is running short, cya laters.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

I honestly believe you and sir ha-wand need to get together and practice playing your templates since neither of you board pvp very good i can only imagine how your in-game play is No wonder both of you are here complaining

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, you just did it again ROFL. Im totally screenshotting your posts here and sending this to the Siege forum, you are amazing.
"Durrr , i been pvping 9 years yet i didnt know you couldnt go into ninja form after a dismount... way to fail. So where did board pvp come into effect here? Im sure you dont want to start that hehe, trust me. Im here pointing out issues with these new pets in Pvp and your here showing UO ignorance , maybe you should start another thread and entitle it "Siegers come here and laugh at me" since thats what this thread has pretty much turned to

G

<blockquote><hr>

zomg my head will xplode. Did you not read my big long post at all? must i post it again, just for you? I guess you are *special* enough to need it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attention seeking much? I won't suggest you read my posts again, as you clearly missed my point thus far. But if you want a reply that badly, here it is.

<blockquote><hr>

LOLOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Not the most promising start....

<blockquote><hr>

omg dude, I dont know what shard you come from, but if all your tamers run without petballs and on foot, well, no wonder you have no problem with these new dragons. You test the dragon by puting it into context of how it is used, nto completely by itself. When you want to test how much damage your sword does, do you get naked then swing away? No, you do it with your trammie suit on. it is pointless to 'test a dragon naked'. It will NEVER be used that way. you test it in context of how it is used.<blockquote><hr>

I'll say this as simply as I can... If a tamer did not have pet ball spam and ninja forms were nerfed, these pets would not be considered overpowered by the majority of PvPers. What needs nerfed is the pet balling and ninja forms. Not the pets.

<blockquote><hr>

Any halfdecent pvp tamer will be STEALTHED (you dont see them coming), IN ANIMAL FORM (to run mounted speed), WITH PETBALLS (to summon pet next to you, from out of no where), with a DISMOUNTER (to put you on foot).
When you are onf oot you can't ride away from a pet. You run. And even if you run faster than the pet, guess what, the tamer runs faster than you and can petball the pet to be on top of you. Hopefully my little guide here will educate some of your craptastic tamers to actually do something smart and then you will be a real part of this conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've just explained why pet balls and ninja forms need nerfing...again, not the pets. I know how it works, which is why I'm pointing the finger in a different direction to you.

The sad bit is, it'd be much easier for EA to tweak the effectiveness of pet balls and ninja form than go through each and every pet toning it down to a level where it can't kill a PvPer. Which is a lot of toning BTW. So it's a much more achievable fix which will cause very little crying on UHall from all concerned.

Wenchy

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Ever tried pre-casting invis? Im betting not. Please I don't wanna start a thread explaining how to play a mage template to most of you so-called elite mages. Maybe most of you should go off and practice using more spells than just explosion flamestrike curse poison. Ya know that mage book of yours has more than just five or six spells in it My time is running short, cya laters.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG , you keep doing it. So your saying instead of fighting with my mage I should just run around all day with invis precasted? Wow, amazing! OK so ill play along with you and lets say i run around on my mage ALL DAY LONG with invis precasted. I get dismounted and hit myself with invis.
1) Another mage can reveal me with the reveal spell quicker than i can get into form or get remounted.
2)Conflag pots reveal
3) Area effect spells may not reveal all the time but can still reveal.
4) Exp pots
5) reveal casted from the pets
6) other people with detect hidden
7) poison or fire fields casted on my hidden position

...am i missing something else? I mean since your a 9 year pvper im sure YOU know of other ways to reveal that i havent thought of right away. Oh and your time here is limited because you just realised how foolish your looking on here.
board pvp -1
game knowledge -1
english comprehension -1

Your not scoring well here ....

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

You've just explained why pet balls and ninja forms need nerfing...again, not the pets

[/ QUOTE ]

Weve actually said this as well , and until it happens the pets need to be looked at.

I

imported_Goron

meh, my bad. I was trying to stay on topic of the thread. True, I dont have any problem with super pets or taming, or petballs. I do have a problem with stealth. But considering that is not changing anytime soon, I figure i can at least complain about the super dragons which are a part of the forumla and added after the problem was already well known. sorry.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Obviously english is not your primary language or your hallucinating again seeing words that arent there

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it again... see if you can find the word before in this sentence "So before you start calling all the tamers "PvP noobs" please check that you yourself, are on the ball too. " Find it? Good.

<blockquote><hr>

PLEASE, for gods sake read all the posts before responding... if you are dismounted (still with me?) and a tamer is in animal form (concentrate now) then a tamer will PET BALL them on top of you no matter how fast you are(got it all?) What is so hard to understand here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell you what, I'll read yours if you read mine?

If you aren't dismounted, the tamer isn't in animal form or using a pet ball, can you kill the tamer? I sincerely hope you can, or we'll be here all month...

Wenchy

G

I just get the feeling from my fellow tamers that they wouldn't object to the nerfs I've suggested, many want rid of the gimp tamers as much as you do. I attack gimp tamers in Fel, they're a disgrace.

If we went down the line of all calling for a nerf for pet balls and ninja forms, I think we could get something. If pets still cause problems after that, I'd expect it would only be a few select ones, and something that could be addressed in the next fix. But to go for pet balls and animal forms first, wouldn't affect any PvM tamers at all. Most of us would support you because we're tired of all the tamer hate here too.

Wenchy

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

Tell you what, I'll read yours if you read mine?

If you aren't dismounted, the tamer isn't in animal form or using a pet ball, can you kill the tamer? I sincerely hope you can, or we'll be here all month...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG ... *pulls hair out*. Do you EVER fight more than one person at a time? On your shard does a gank never happen? Do you pvp at all?
Step one - dismount archer knocks you off mount
Step two - tamer puts pet on you
Step three - you run
Step four - tamer in animal form runs ahead of you and summons pet

Do I need to explain anything else step by step?

G

I know how it flippin' well works, which is why nerfing individual pets won't help you. But keep asking for it all you like. Don't come running when someone kills you with some polar bears though. You'll take years to get one pet nerfed at a time, meanwhile new pets will be added and the problem won't go away. You say the same things over and over...dismount, pet balls, ninja. None of that is done by the pet! Please try and understand the difference between the pet and the crap that a gimp tamer slaps on top.

Wenchy

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

. None of that is done by the pet

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah ok, so its the pet ball and the ninja form that is doing all the damage to me and not the pet, gotcha. Thank you for clearing things up for me

<blockquote><hr>

know how it flippin' well works, which is why nerfing individual pets won't help you. But keep asking for it all you like

[/ QUOTE ]

I do apologise, i had no idea you worked for EA and could make statements like that.

G

Ha-ha,

You may continue mewling &amp; whining AFTER you duel my dragon on TC1.

It's an invitation I've extended repeatedly to everyone on Siege board. Not one taker. Easier to whine after the fact, I guess.

It's Test Centre, I'll gimp out my char as much as you like. I'll use ninja form &amp; bolas, I'll stealth around and plop a super dragon on your head. I'll alternate that with heavy xbow dismount gimp, if you need that, too.

Tell you what, if you're still soiling your armour afterwards, I will replace your trousers/leggings for you on Siege. My funds on Siege aren't great, but I could certainly afford that much.

If not, then, really it's all just:-

Isn't it?

I

imported_Goron

but, in all fairness wenchkin, these super dragons are NOT helping allieviate the situation. So, I think it is fair for me, or Ha-ward, to use the argument that the super dragons are not helping the already bad situation. Although pets may or may not be the root of the problem, adding more powerful pets can only make the situation worse.
So given the fact that this patch did not 'fix/nerf/change' anything about stealth, petballs, taming, other pets, ninja, etc. we can rightfully say that the situation would have been no worse had the super dragons not been added in. And in other words: the situation has become worse by adding them in, whether pets are the main problem or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ha-ha,

It's an invitation I've extended repeatedly to everyone on Siege board. Not one taker. Easier to whine after the fact, I guess.

It's Test Centre, I'll gimp out my char as much as you like. I'll use ninja form &amp; bolas, I'll stealth around and plop a super dragon on your head. I'll alternate that with heavy xbow dismount gimp, if you need that, too.

Tell you what, if you're still soiling your armour afterwards, I will replace your trousers/leggings for you on Siege. My funds on Siege aren't great, but I could certainly afford that much.

Isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

And you'd win. Every single time.

This would just prove that Ninja, dismount, and a super pet all working together creates an imbalance.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think that most of the problems you've listed are with other systems; not the new dragons.

You mention a problem with ninja forms. This is not a problem with the new dragon, but a problem caused by ninja forms not taking control slots. The easy fix is to make ninja forms take control slots. No more lame "ninja tamers" running beetle/bake or the new dragon without sacrificing mobility.

You mention use of the pet ball. This is not an issue with the pet, but rather an issue with the pet ball. The solution to this is to fix the pet ball (something that really needs to be done).

You mention the crazy resits and up to 1k hp. I think it's pretty obvious that you are speaking hypothetically here because the odds of pulling a max resist dragon without worrying about HP is astronomical. MUCH less than 1 in a million. The balancing factor of these dragons is that it's statistically improbable that anyone will ever get one that's even close to perfect.

The burst damage these dragons do is a far cry from what you can do with a beetle/bake combo, but it's balanced because these dragons can have a lot better survivability than beetle/bake combo can.

Each tamer has to decide what they're going to go for in their dragon, but I am confident that EVERY dragon will have at least one weakness. I didn't run the numbers, but I know the odds of a perfect resist bake are less than one in a million and these dragons have a much higher range in their resists, so they will be exponentially more rare. Also, the wild dragons are considerably more time consuming to kill than bakes.

I'm pretty confident that you just looked that the max possible in each stat and said "HEY THAT'S BROKEN!". At best, you farmed dragons for specific attributes and then attacked in ways that favor those attributes and said "HEY THAT's BROKEN". If you assume that a dragon will roll strong in every attribute, you're definitely going to think the dragon is a lot stronger than it really is. That doesn't validate your approach, though... It's junk science.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ha-ha,

Isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would just prove that Ninja, dismount, and a super pet all working together creates an imbalance.

[/ QUOTE ]

what she said...

people want to nerf our cool dragon rather than address the problem. That's like taking pain killers for cancer.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

what she said...

people want to nerf our cool dragon rather than address the problem. That's like taking pain killers for cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want it nerfed for pvp, thats my problem, you guys can have em for the pvm, but yea, ill take a fix to the pet balls/ninja as well. Until then these dragons are the issue

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ah ok, so its the pet ball and the ninja form that is doing all the damage to me and not the pet, gotcha. Thank you for clearing things up for me

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you weren't aiming for a gold star in English comprehension.

Wenchy

G

The problem here is petballs and animal forms.

A ninja-tamer can keep up with you easily, even if you are mounted, not to mention on foot. He can have a macro to useitem_petball. He can run 2 steps ahead of you and hit his macro, the monster then jumps right on top of you and munches.

3-4 of these, and you are going down. Fewer if you wear siege-type armor.

There are multiple solutions to this.
1. put a 20 minute timer on petballs.
2. require animal forms to use a follower slot.
3. reset the monster's aggressive flags every time it's petballed, and prevent it from attacking on command for 15 seconds.

I'd like to see all three implemented.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ha-ha,

Isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what she said...

[/ QUOTE ]

What who said? Me or Nico?

If you fail to see that those three (or four, if you include pet balls, five if you include stealth) things working together create an incredible imbalance in PvP, then you're blind.

However - I have nothing against the super pet.

Proposal: fix Ninjitsu so that a form takes a follower slot (and increase the minimum skill required to go into some forms - 75 ninja is all you really need currently), fix pet balls so that they can't be used while moving (or possibly give them a cast time), fix stealth so that it's not a 100% success rate at 75 stealth and GM hiding, and make it so that tactics is required to use bolas.

I mean, give me a break. A tamer knowing how to accurately throw a bola, every single time? That doesn't make much sense at all.

S

Sir Ha-ward

As long as your not going for one in intelligent posts, way to copy off of what i said to you earlier though, shows a certain lack of creativity, but hey not everyone was meant to be sharp so lets not be too hard on yourself

S

slasherofveils

Lets see here....
little yes/no questioning.

Q. Was petballing stealth tamers a problem BEFORE the new super draggies?
A. Yes

Q. Does a beetle/bake or beetle/mare do more dps then a super draggy?
A. Definately over time, though the super draggie does bigger hits.

Q. If the super draggies were never implemented, would ninja stealth tamers still be a problem?
A. YES

Soo just with these 3 questions, if super draggies didn't even exist, we would still have a problem. And with them still existing, other pet combos still pose a bigger threat.

...Why are we attacking the new super draggies again?

Fix petballs. Fix ninja forms.

Problem solved. It doesn't matter who has the better tamers or what server is more full of honkey epeens. As far as pvp and tamed supers go, its no worse off then it was without them.

Now on the issue of these draggies appearing in champ spawns and Tmaps, and paragon supers (ahhh), there is a real issue with the super draggies, its not a tamed super problem.

G

I appreciate that some pets could still be too powerful if the pet balls etc were toned down. But as every discussion about tamers being overpowered contains these gimp tactics, I think removing them is the most logical first step. Not necessarily the last

Wenchy

B

Babble

You must suck to get killed by tamers then.

Lure the pet away, kill the tamer.
Or are your problems with dismount, pet balls and ninja forms?

G

On the subject of tamers in PVP there are a few issues. For one, as a PVPer, I've never been bothered fighting a tamer. Tamers can be a tough opponent but if you employ smart tactics and proper defense they go down just like any other player. I see very few people who play tamers regularly on Atlantic. And if they were really an unstoppable force like Evasion was a while ago, more people would use them.

The main issue with taming and PVP that has never been addressed is bonding. Prior to bonding when a pet died it was dead. On top of that Dragons/White Wyrms were a lot more difficult to tame because Power Scrolls did not exist. These two were added at the same time and PVP was not taken into account.

I think a possible solution would be that every time a pet dies at the hands of a player it goes into temporary skill loss. For example 33% for 10 minutes. This would reduce the tamer's effectiveness and prevent pets from being sent in carelessly with no real consequence to it dying. Bonding was meant to be a way to keep pets forever, not keep fighting indefinitely.

Also, I don't see a difference between a Super Dragon or a Dragon/White Wyrm/Rune Beetle + Nightmare combination killing you instantly as is the case right now.

I

imported_revenant2

Much of this condemnation seems premature; it's necessary to let these new dragons bond and actually be used by tamers in the field before people can know their real PVP impact.

I

imported_archite666

Premature? read my post again, i added some fun stuff, also we have already killed someone with it, its fireballs can hit for around 65. You all need to really realise how silly you sound.

G

See this is the real agenda here. He posted this a day ago and he wants it addressed right this milisecond and to putt this issue (a real minor one since btw the time a drag pops ups and insta kills one person everyone else has speedered away from the slow Arsed Dragon). He just doesnt like it. We all have opinions but if everyone of all of our opinions were putt into excution we would never play since we would be constantly having patchs.

I

imported_archite666

I disagree with you completly, the dragon is slow, however im quite fast, and when im pet balling it and all killing you with a macro, and i have a dragon that shoots 60 point fireballs, what are you gonna do? tell you what il juss start training the same char on everyshard and killing you.

Why does something have to become a major problem before it gets addressed?
Im saying tamers are already killing siege (my shard) and now this is a blatent smack in the face, this is simply gonna get rid of all REAL templates on my shard, since everyone and their mother plays a tamer on my shard and these dragons cant even be barded.

N

Nico-SP

You do realize how long it takes devs to fix pvp issues right?If you would have ever played SP then you would know how long it took them to fix the PBD issue-in closing drink milk and grow please.

B

Babble

Your problem is not with the pet but with ninjutsu forms (why the hell are those forms as fast as a horse anyway?) and petballse (make a 20 second timer).

But else please do make 20 tamers on different shards and amuse us