• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please refer to "Related to the PvP thread on Dragons..."

• Thread starter imported_archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Nico, I don't mean any disrespect to you, but the impression I get from Siege players and my limited knowledge of the scene there, is that players are not simply acting in a defensive manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect but then why are you commenting on what you don't know.

I play both Siege and Atlantic... often. I like both for different reasons, but let's get down to the basics.

<u>the problem with tamers</u>

<blockquote><hr>

The problem as you say, is with the items. Obviously these super dragons used in conjuction with the items, are the real problem.

The real solution as so many people have pointed out, is apply restrictions on items.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is partly items... its also partly game design.

-petballs
-ninja animal form
-detect hidden skill and reveal magery spell both being broken or worthless.
-log out/in pet retrieval
-tamers allowed to be hidden and no where even near their pets while they do the dirty work. In PvP... its only player vs player for one of the players... to the others, it's player vs pet.

All these poorly thought out game designs that we've been asking to be fixed are the reason why this is such a big deal.

We don't need a test center for Siege... what we need is a Dev Team who actually listens and gives a crap about our level of satisfaction with combat.

Siege has had 2 fixes to game-stopping/ruining problems that spilled over onto our shard. Each fix took 2 YEARS to actually fix.... that's BS.

If you want to see what kind of stuff I'm talking about, then refer to this thread:

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=1&amp;Number=7628914&amp;page=1&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;fpart=1

peace.

G

No offense taken, Nixon.

Having been on the receiving end of some Siege pvp tamers attentions, I can readily confirm they are most assuredly on the offensive.

Perhaps my repeated offers to gimp out my TC1 char to all manner of ninja/stealth/bola and/or dismount archer/tamer templates for anyone to test their own templates against start to make some sense.

Refusing to make use of such gimplates on non-test shards is a personal choice rather than any inability to do so.

<blockquote><hr>

The real solution as so many people have pointed out, is apply restrictions on items.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed!

Seems "The Official `New Dragons Kill PvP' Thread" is rather mistitled.