• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please refer to "Related to the PvP thread on Dragons..."

• Thread starter imported_archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_archite666

Ok so I got way too caught up in my pursuit to prove my point in the unbalance of these things that I fear I may have caused harm to my own guild, this ist me backing down my argument, I stand by everything said for the most part but Its not worth hurting what I have which is a great guild, and the most bad ass tamer on Siege Perilous hands down.

Please refer more constructive comments to my guildmates thread " Related to the PvP thread on Dragons..."

A

Ah Beng

<blockquote><hr>

Ok so about these new dragons.... Uh Everyone realises that a tamer with ninja can run next to you and sick this disgusting creatures on you constantly with a pet ball right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most importantly, don't forget to dismount your victim first (eg. bola, or archer ninja tamer with heavy x-bow).

I

imported_Lady Tiger

I helped a guy tame 3 of them in less than 15 min's ....he never died once. There is a trick to all zips mouth i'm not telling lol...

I

imported_archite666

Yes indeed, i can tame them too, its called monster ignore! duh

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok so about these new dragons....

Uh Everyone realises that a tamer with ninja can run next to you and sick this disgusting creatures on you constantly with a pet ball right?

Not to mention its resist are staggering , with cold still being 60 and the rests being ungodly, with 85ish phys and fire

Not to mention they hit like a truck and have up to 1000 HP

Not to mention alot of their skills go up to 120 including wrestling, tactics and resisting spells and can have 120 mage after taming.

Not to mention that with 120 music and peace and a dragon slayer instrument you only have a 10% chance to peace.

Nobody else finds these things too overpowered? I think these guys are the catalyst for the long overdue tamer nerf for PVP.

For those of you wanting me to site my source, My guild just tamed and tested these guys all day, even had three people training them to test the skills, they are absolutly nasty and for those of you on shards without gimp tamers please adopt the tactic named here so that everyone can complain and we can hopefully get a change, or message me and I can assist you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
And wait, Yes.

And for the previous poster, the issue isn't taming one. The issue is using one of these pets in pvp combat, how can you survive against it or counter it?

We've just created the ultimate stealth/ninja/tamer pvp pet, when we need to get rid of stealth/ninja/tamer pvpers.

A

Al Thorin

The problem is ninja forms. If the person could NOT BE MOUNTED EVER, these dragons wouldn't be a serious issue in many PVP situation except for strongholds, and at that point, it's kinda moot anyways.

L

LAH Architect

The new dragons move too slow to be a real threat to experienced pvpers.

Having one pet is not as good as two for pvp.

I am surprised you managed to train your tamed dragon to 120 wrestle in less than 24 hours after they started spawning. As you can't have bonded (pet ball requirement) that Dragon, you would not have tested it out in actual PvP situations.

<blockquote><hr>

Not to mention its resist are staggering , with cold still being 60 and the rests being ungodly, with 85ish phys and fire

[/ QUOTE ] High-Balling the stats for a perfect Dragon ?

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] My limited tests show that they will hit 30ish ... similar to an 'Armor Ignore ' from a LMC MR suited Warrior. Their dex is 125 max when fully trained.

<blockquote><hr>

Not to mention alot of their skills go up to 120 including wrestling, tactics and resisting spells and can have 120 mage after taming.

[/ QUOTE ] Again ... such a perfect Dragon will be very very rare.

I have yet to see a 1000 Health Point tamed Dragon. If you did find one, the resists and skills will probably be on low side. Your arguments are too biased and hence makes your case really shaky.

If you are using assumptions, just think how often a 120 swords warrior connects a blow with 0 HCI vs 120 Fencing opponent with 45 DCI. What about 120 Parry , some with Bushido Evasion too ?

Give it a week or two, let players test them out and stop waving that nerf bat so quickly. I don't know what shard you play, but Baja has lottas good red players that don't die easily (well trained) to PvP Tamers because there are many Japanese players using these templates.

L

LAH Architect

<blockquote><hr>

This is gonna suck. I mean really suck for Siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can Pet Balls be insured on Seige ? If not, it would suggest that in a field fight, a tamer will probably lose all his balls (*heh) after dying or some clever templates out there with stealing (thug mage thief) .

Can you personal bless deed a pet ball on Seige ?

G

Your one ball can be blessed. We have only one thing we can bless. Personal bless deeds are gone on Siege. We have the choice of one thing, though. *shakes head*

S

Smokin

Wow no way, I never posted about this going to happen and they need to be tested alot more before they go in. I never suggested they let you max out there skills and really test these dragons.

I was only answered by they aren't that strong and we don't need to really test something fully do we. I knew this would happen. Ah well give them a year and they will nerf them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I put my freshly tamed Super Dragon on an attacking murderer and he teleported endlessly after him.

G

Archer-Dragon slayer-Enemy of one-Con. weapon.

Dragon will go down npnp, just like beetles.

G

maybe someone should have taken LadyNico up on her offer to try them out on test?

L

LAH Architect

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I put my freshly tamed Super Dragon on an attacking murderer and he teleported endlessly after him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you got a winner. Did you beat it down to tame ? It could be an AI bug with the never-ending teleporting loop Dragon. Or does it have auto detect SpeederXP against your enemies and goes into cheat hack mode against the perps ? You know... everytime they skip, they make the dragon go bonkers and tele after them.

G

Normal rhenebeetle plus nightmare you have 2 strong pets and rhune beetle has lethal posion.and you can ride the nightmare.a 5 slot dragon is one pet but you are on foot maybe wtih nijustu if you want.but cuside 4 slots that means one more slot less and you are olsoo good bud on horse.In the history of fanasy the dragon is the strongest fansasy pet and not a dog or a beetle.And you still can tame the weaker dragons or ww to get 2 pets nightmare and dragon.
What about the wining post destard is to easy about 2 full years.You the player wanted destard stronger!The thing is pre AOS you had such dragons for tamer but wtih no controll slots.So i run with such dragons 2 of it one guarded me and the ather attack.Some tamer run Pre Aos with such dragon 3 of them behind them.So 5 controllsots is ok.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Maybe animal form should count as 1 follower slot?

[/ QUOTE ]This.

It has been proposed multiple times now.

Also:

<blockquote><hr>

Or does it have auto detect SpeederXP against your enemies and goes into cheat hack mode against the perps ? You know... everytime they skip, they make the dragon go bonkers and tele after them.

[/ QUOTE ]I think that this would be both hilarious and awesome.

G

<blockquote><hr>

maybe someone should have taken LadyNico up on her offer to try them out on test?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and I asked daily from the day after they were put on TC1, once I'd trained one up to max dex of 125 and high 90's melee skills. I begged, wheedled, cajoled, offered cookies, and even promised hand-on-heart not to laugh or trashtalk, but despite my best efforts only one pvper was interested enough then to take me up on it.

Thank you, Winder of i-C. And thank you, Al Thorin/God of War, too, for accepting my trained TC1 super dragon for your own pvp tamer testing.

The outcome of that exercise (limited because there was no in-field testing, eg chokepoints &amp; wither walls) was that we ALL felt the hit points on Super Dragon could come down a bit thus reducing the amount of firebreath damage (not resistable by magic resist skill). We said so, repeatedly, here.

By virtue of simply being there, the few who encountered my super dragons on TC1 at Yew gate soon learned just how gawdawful slow these critters are, how easily they are hung up on houses &amp; terrain just like any other dragon.

Once the TC1 Yew Gaters learned the amount of firebreath damage that was being done, they didn't actually stand there a second time and expect to withstand it, and instead got to work separating me from super dragon. I'd pet-ball it back and the cat &amp; mouse games (albeit a giant, slow, lumbering cat lol) would begin again. Thank you, unwitting TC1 Yew Gaters!

As has already been pointed out elsewhere as well as within this very thread, Ninja forms is a matter to be addressed directly within the Ninjitsu skill set itself; it is not a taming/tamer/super dragon issue.

I believe it was Sarphus who first suggested that ninja forms should occupy one follower slot. I agree. Not only does it preclude the use of a super dragon, it also means either rune beetle or mare/bake kitsune, rather than both. Win Win.

N

Nico-SP

My comment on the whole thing comes down to this.Did EA even try these things out or research at all before they publish this garbage into live gameplay?The truly sad thing is this stuff is being "tested" on live servers leaving the population of live servers to deal with this garbage till they decide its overpowering and etc.

So in closing what is gonna happen and what has happened in the past is we the people will have to deal with this garbage for 2 months then EA will finally hear us and change it the way its suppose to be after we "tested" it for 2 months.

WOW 10 million subscribers
UO under 75k

I wonder why?

G

Super dragons were on Test Centre 1 for, um, testing.

So I tested!

It wasn't some kind of entry only by way of special secret handshake deal, no, anyone who wanted to could test them on TC1 for a good two weeks before they hit production shards.

After putting in my own time &amp; effort in training the critters up so there was at least some fair approximation of what would eventually reach Felucca, I invited others to come test them, too.

The thing is, despite daily entreaty, encouragement &amp; invitations, very few actually *wanted* to test them on Test Centre. Now, however, now everyone wants to complain.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you cant out WALK one of these dragons then you probablly shouldnt be pvping in the first place.

these things are slower then the 2nd coming of.....
well you get the picture.

N

Nico-SP

dismount tamer = your walking = your dead
And yes they do move faster then running

lady nico then if none helped you test these dragons and you got no feedback and etc. then how did ea figure out these was alright to bring into live servers?oh ya right see you in 2 months...once they fix this mess just like the mess after aos too that still going on as subscribers pummeled by over half...

p.s. I shouldnt have to test EVERYTHING before it comes into live servers-its not hard and all these numerous and hour consuming tests can be done by the devs in hours.

G

Nico-SP, I did have a willing pvp volunteer and I had access to almost unlimited numbers of unwitting Yew Gate volunteers.

Really, testing lacked only big field fights, choke points and wither walls.

Relax, these are NOT one-hit killers. Two or three, perhaps.

Fact is, you won't die to a super dragon alone unless you're afk, disconned or prone to panic anyway. Even on foot (tested), you can outrun it, hang it up on houses and/or dungeon terrain.

One week from now, just expect that every dragon you see attached to a tamer is a super dragon and you won't be taken by surprise.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok this thread is useless.

when you tame one, everything is almost halfed.

not worth being on foot for this.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from 120 this and 120 that to 80's in all.

has 800 hp but str goes to nothing my pub 14 dragon and wyrm have more str after taming one.

G

The new dragons are no worse in pvp than a beetle mare combo or anything we had before they were introduced. The only real fix for pvp that I can see is being able to log out and auto stable pets while flagged in combat. You should not be able to log to save a pet for 2 minutes after flagging.

Other than the auto stabling not being properly balanced I see no real problem. Anyone smart can easily get out of range of the dragon before it can do any damage.

worried about stealth? Bring someone to reveal and kill the tamer.

If you think the tamer is overpowered bring extra people with the proper skills to deal with it. If you honestly think its that powerful than you will find no dishonor in fighting the tamer 3v1 or whatever to "even" the fight.

Powerful dragons are new learn to deal with them just like you would any other new change.

I

imported_Daelomin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Elegant solution.... I like it a lot.

I

imported_Max Blackoak

one more reason to quit siege...

tamer nerf is long overdue, as well as ninja forms.
my 2 cents

B

bordegan

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats actually a good idea

G

<blockquote><hr>

Uh Everyone realises that a tamer with ninja can run next to you and sick this disgusting creatures on you constantly with a pet ball right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, if we re-word your first sentence replacing the greater dragon with pretty much any pet/pet combo, what do we get? A sticky mess on the floor. If the same tamer dropped a mare and runey on your head, you'd be in as much trouble. 2 kitsune are IMO much deadlier. Tamer doesn't even need ninjitsu form to be mounted with those...

How much testing have you done without the ninja and pet balling? That's what I'd consider a true test of how deadly this dragon is. And from what I've heard they're slow, stick on terrain and a tamer who can't go into form would probably be a sitting duck. So while you don't like this new pet, and while I'm sure it does hurt if you stand beside it, your problem relates more to pet balls and ninja forms.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

In a perfect specimen. Have you tried finding the perfect dragon yet?
I'd still rather kill a greater draggy opponent than 2 kitsune.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This requires 2 things, you tame a super duper dragon with maxed skills AND our estimates of how much their skills will raise, prove correct. I don't think those figures should be relied upon until proven as possible. We could have a situation where wrestling goes over 100, and magery too, but that's it. Not quite so unbeatable. Even if the dragon does have skills at 120, how many PvPers go around these days with only GM skill? More to the point, rather than killing the dragon, your best course of action as a PvPer is to kill the tamer first.

<blockquote><hr>

Not to mention that with 120 music and peace and a dragon slayer instrument you only have a 10% chance to peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barding difficulty drops after taming. Mine shows as 130 difficulty for example. I have little trouble discoing these guys in the wild, so I don't think they're that troublesome for a peacer in PvP.

<blockquote><hr>

For those of you wanting me to site my source, My guild just tamed and tested these guys all day, even had three people training them to test the skills, they are absolutly nasty and for those of you on shards without gimp tamers please adopt the tactic named here so that everyone can complain and we can hopefully get a change, or message me and I can assist you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a single day, you fully trained a dragon to 120 skill and tested it?

You do realise that your proposed mass gimping might lead to a nerf not of the dragons, but of the pet balls and ninjitsu gimping instead? Because if I wanted to address overpowered tamers, it's not the individual pets I'd go for, it's the common denominator in every discussion of tamers being too uber. pet balls + ninjitsu + any pet will hurt. If you nerf this dragon, all that will happen is the tamers will return to using runeys, mares and kitsune. All of which are much more suited to PvP than the greater dragon. Then you'll be back here crying for this pet or that to be nerfed.

You'd find much greater support from the taming community if you called out the issues that are a problem, rather than screaming nerf this pet. Tamers are predominantly PvMers, and most of us fail to see why an item and ninjitsu should cause us all to be kicked in the shins. PvMers don't tend to spam pet balls + all kill, so few would notice the loss. Call for pet balls and ninjitsu forms to be nerfed and most of us will back you all the way. The gimped ninja tamers are an embarrassment to the taming profession and I agree 100% that they should go. But not the specific pets themselves.

Wenchy

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

Get peacemaking if you fear pvp tamers so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT SOLUTION.

S

Sir Ha-ward

I have peace making and i was looking at the barding difficulty of these new dragons, and the ones i saw were 126 - 135...

Pvpers have been complaining about how overpowered pets are in pvp for a long, long time now... Durrrrrr i know !!! Lets make a stronger pet, durrrrr....

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Archer-Dragon slayer-Enemy of one-Con. weapon.

Dragon will go down npnp, just like beetles.

[/ QUOTE ]You obviously haven't tried this. Archery makes no difference. They can hit you with 60 damage 2 screens away. With EoO, CS, and my Dragon Slayer Sword, I was doing 30 damage hit. Against regular dragons I do 90-105 damage per hit

G

120 tame is hard to get (and is needed for pvp to minimize points into lore) thats why there are only a few pvp tamers. And most have 300+ pts tame skills (tame,lore,vet) into their tamer temp so I can see why alot of pvpers would not waste their time testing something that is really of no use to them. these super dragons should require 110tame, 110 lore to tame/controll and only like 80% control, and 90% at 120 and must be real skill no ring, brace mods

G

I cant see any problem whit new super dragon.
1 it is to slow and dumb
2 it has lower dps than other combos
3 newer ever saw a problem whit tamers in pvp. The only time tamer was outstanding in pvp was in erly faction when we where so many it constntly laged in HQ fights. The a comanded pet was uber. Even when pets warped skillful pvp,ers was beter.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

The new dragons are fine as they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously not a pvper, if so you use pets to do so

<blockquote><hr>

3 newer ever saw a problem whit tamers in pvp. The only time tamer was outstanding in pvp was in erly faction when we where so many it constntly laged in HQ fights. The a comanded pet was uber. Even when pets warped skillful pvp,ers was beter.

[/ QUOTE ]

try em dismounted with the tamer in animal form

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have yet to see a 1000 Health Point tamed Dragon. If you did find one, the resists and skills will probably be on low side. Your arguments are too biased and hence makes your case really shaky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nod Nod. I tamed one last night that had 979 Hits, but the resists were very low, some in the 40's.

G

<blockquote><hr>

try em dismounted with the tamer in animal form

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go again.

Try them mounted and with a tamer who is on foot properly. That tests the dragon. What you're testing is the dragon + dismount + animal form and possible the odd pet ball use too.

I know I'm repeating myself, but still, if you put a kitsune and runey with that tamer, they'd be nasty too. Yes? I'm sure there were enough PvPers crying that tune a wee while ago...

You don't need to be a PvPer to know the difference you get from stacking items and specials with a pet. Apparently some PvP folks can't separate the two and see where the real problem lies. So before you start calling all the tamers "PvP noobs" please check that you yourself, are on the ball too.

Wenchy

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Slow doesn't matter when petballs are used. Obviously you don't have much experience fighting stealth tamers.
<blockquote><hr>

Having one pet is not as good as two for pvp.

[/ QUOTE ]??? I'd rather own one mercedes than two yugos.\
<blockquote><hr>

Give it a week or two, let players test them out and stop waving that nerf bat so quickly.

[/ QUOTE ] the thing is we have been screaming for pet nerfs well before these guys were announced.
<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what shard you play, but Baja has lottas good red players that don't die easily (well trained) to PvP Tamers because there are many Japanese players using these templates.

[/ QUOTE ]So... you have a lot of good red pvpers and no good stealth tamers? Try fighting a good stealth tamer, then talk.
<blockquote><hr>

Can Pet Balls be insured on Seige ? If not, it would suggest that in a field fight, a tamer will probably lose all his balls (*heh) after dying or some clever templates out there with stealing (thug mage thief) .

[/ QUOTE ] Ok, one, tamer doesn't die. Two, how do you steal from a stealthing character?

<blockquote><hr>

if you cant out WALK one of these dragons then you probablly shouldnt be pvping in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]lol@Poo. Wow. You just made my 'this guy has no clue about the game at all!' list. I can only respond to that statement with: "If you are a tamer and all u do is all kill and let your prey walk away, you shouldn't be pvping in the first place!" - Petballs Poo, petballs. I keep pace with your walking in animal form calling my dragon to be right on top of you. You=dead.

<blockquote><hr>

Here we go again.

Try them mounted and with a tamer who is on foot properly. That tests the dragon. What you're testing is the dragon + dismount + animal form and possible the odd pet ball use too.

I know I'm repeating myself, but still, if you put a kitsune and runey with that tamer, they'd be nasty too. Yes? I'm sure there were enough PvPers crying that tune a wee while ago...

You don't need to be a PvPer to know the difference you get from stacking items and specials with a pet. Apparently some PvP folks can't separate the two and see where the real problem lies. So before you start calling all the tamers "PvP noobs" please check that you yourself, are on the ball too.

[/ QUOTE ]LOLOLOLOL
omg dude, I dont know what shard you come from, but if all your tamers run without petballs and on foot, well, no wonder you have no problem with these new dragons. You test the dragon by puting it into context of how it is used, nto completely by itself. When you want to test how much damage your sword does, do you get naked then swing away? No, you do it with your trammie suit on. it is pointless to 'test a dragon naked'. It will NEVER be used that way. you test it in context of how it is used.

What amazes me so much is how all of you 'superduper pvpers' talk all this stuff about how good you are against naked, non-animal form, non-petball tamers with no dismount support. Well guess what, your shard's tamer suck then. They need some lessons in how to up their potential. Then, once you feel the real pain, I will sit back and grin. Until then, please stop thinking that just because you can ride faster than a dragon, doesnt mean they are easy.

Any halfdecent pvp tamer will be STEALTHED (you dont see them coming), IN ANIMAL FORM (to run mounted speed), WITH PETBALLS (to summon pet next to you, from out of no where), with a DISMOUNTER (to put you on foot).
When you are onf oot you can't ride away from a pet. You run. And even if you run faster than the pet, guess what, the tamer runs faster than you and can petball the pet to be on top of you. Hopefully my little guide here will educate some of your craptastic tamers to actually do something smart and then you will be a real part of this conversation.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

So before you start calling all the tamers "PvP noobs" please check that you yourself, are on the ball too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, never mentioned the word noob, seems like youve been called it so much that you automatically assuming that on yourself? The dragons can 2 shot someone , thats more than a beetle/ kit combo will do. Either way this is just another reason that tamers in pvp need to be looked at, thats the main point everyone is asking

<blockquote><hr>

LOLOLOLOL
omg dude, I dont know what shard you come from, but if all your tamers run without petballs and on foot, well, no wonder you have no problem with these new dragons. You test the dragon by puting it into context of how it is used, nto completely by itself. When you want to test how much damage your sword does, do you get naked then swing away? No, you do it with your trammie suit on. it is pointless to 'test a dragon naked'. It will NEVER be used that way. you test it in context of how it is used.

What amazes me so much is how all of you 'superduper pvpers' talk all this stuff about how good you are against naked, non-animal form, non-petball tamers with no dismount support. Well guess what, your shard's tamer suck then. They need some lessons in how to up their potential. Then, once you feel the real pain, I will sit back and grin. Until then, please stop thinking that just because you can ride faster than a dragon, doesnt mean they are easy.

Any halfdecent pvp tamer will be STEALTHED (you dont see them coming), IN ANIMAL FORM (to run mounted speed), WITH PETBALLS (to summon pet next to you, from out of no where), with a DISMOUNTER (to put you on foot).
When you are onf oot you can't ride away from a pet. You run. And even if you run faster than the pet, guess what, the tamer runs faster than you and can petball the pet to be on top of you. Hopefully my little guide here will educate some of your craptastic tamers to actually do something smart and then you will be a real part of this conversation

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, dam Goron, way to cut his nads off

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Haven't there been several threads like this? Why is this not addressed yet?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

120 tame is hard to get (and is needed for pvp to minimize points into lore) thats why there are only a few pvp tamers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on our shard it isn't. It's just as difficult as any other skill above 70.

Please don't try and validate why tamers should be allowed to PvP...it's lame and needs to be stopped.

G

So what happens to a mage that gets dismounted? He or she goes into wolf or llama form and runs away. How hard is that to hit one hotkey and get off screen?