• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please add dancing to the game! (Picture heavy)

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would trade my 120 peace for 120 dancing (area effect thriller style)
LOL

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stranger should be nominated Stratic's Person of the Year. Ahahahaha~~~ This is all so amazing.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But seriously, it could distract monsters and lower their defense.
Or scare them and make them run away.
Or heck, make the monsters dance!
Like, imagine if you and your girlfriend just got done watching a movie at the local theater and all of a sudden a group of monsters surrounded you?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Nothing UO related has ever made me laugh as hard as this part did.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so glad that Cal linked this in his letter... this needs to be stickied and seen by everyone. It's hysterical!

Suggestion for dance moves: Electric Slide!

Q

quig

I'm so glad that Cal linked this in his letter... this needs to be stickied and seen by everyone. It's hysterical!

Suggestion for dance moves: Electric Slide!

Yep no matter how many times i read this its still funny! By the way what letter did Cal link this in?

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh* Jeeze I can't wait for area peacing bards to just start area dancing pets so tamers can't do anything.

This would be a fun idea though, seriously.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep no matter how many times i read this its still funny! By the way what letter did Cal link this in?
I don't know about Cal, but I saw a link to it in the Stratics newsletter I found in my mailbox this morning.

T

Trevelyan

Dancing + weapon skill = chance to instantly kill the target.

Also, win thread. Make a dancing GM for your avatar :D!

And as for your sig, can you not have it as a set of 3 images; one on the left and right (static) with the middle being animated (but much smaller). Im pretty sure its been done before.

S

Salya Sin

ROFLMFAO!! This is listed in the April Newsletter I just received in my email box.

WE NEED THIS! It's HILARIOUS fun!

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Chad, the reigning Pacific dance champion.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RreWPVvIM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-RreWPVvIM8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

M

Mysterious SI

Love it!

Wow, I'm very impressed with your creative thinking on this Stranger. I'm converted!

This would make everyone laugh...and you can never have too much humour in your day ;)

I'm for adding it as a skill! Natural fit with the barding template.

C

CroakerTnT

lol. I avoided this post for about 2 weeks until I was bored enough, but it's one of the best posts ever! Far different from what I expected from the title.

E

Evlar

At this point, I want to be able to dance in UO again...

...and play the spoons!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWkbFKJZB0k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QWkbFKJZB0k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way it should be?

[YOUTUBE]YcWXL8jpFGs[/YOUTUBE]

(not quite up to par with the old Otaku Vengeance stuff, but funny nonetheless)

(warning - link is NSFW, and definitely not appropriate for younger children, those easily offended, and those with no sense of humor - unedited version of a song by Mindless Self Indulgence)

Y

Yalp

good timing...

.. i didn't see anything on a new music gear.. "Thriller" by M. Jackson for those dancing monsters!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hey, we're missing a visual in the op, where'd it go?

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We dont need dancing in UO ... its one of the lamest things in WOW. Im glad to say that its highly likely that we wont ever get it in UO. However its also highly likely that we wont ever get the 1,000,000 + things that makeWOW great when compared to UO. Sad but true.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We dont need dancing in UO ... its one of the lamest things in WOW. Im glad to say that its highly likely that we wont ever get it in UO. However its also highly likely that we wont ever get the 1,000,000 + things that makeWOW great when compared to UO. Sad but true.
You are nothing more than a troll. Why do you post here? Do you even play UO?

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are nothing more than a troll. Why do you post here? Do you even play UO?
Why? Because I'm prepared to point out the shortcomings of UO rather than go along with the Fanboi brigade and their pompom waving and unwavering UO worship? :bowdown:

I play on and off. Sometimes my accounts are active, other times they arent. I also cant find anywhere that states that having an active UO subscription is a pre-requisite for posting here. So how is whether I play or not relative?

T

Tane Darkbane

I'm pretty sure a very very long before WOW was even an idea - there was talk of dancing in UO2 ? wasn't it supposed to aid combat as a secondary enhancment ? there must be a video around here somewhere - was pre LBR before they transfered all the UO2 stuff into the 3D client

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why? Because I'm prepared to point out the shortcomings of UO rather than go along with the Fanboi brigade and their pompom waving and unwavering UO worship? :bowdown:

I play on and off. Sometimes my accounts are active, other times they arent. I also cant find anywhere that states that having an active UO subscription is a pre-requisite for posting here. So how is whether I play or not relative?
I have no idea about your relatives, but certainly whether or not you play is relevant. It speaks to your knowledge and understanding of the topics you attempt to address.

"Shortcomings"... Everything and everyone has shortcomings. They get discussed at great length, including and especially by those that you call "the Fanboi brigade", people who see both the good and the bad, and are happy to offer praise for what is good and constructive criticism for what is bad.

If you see nothing good, which certainly seems to be the case, why are you even here? Do you think your incessant trolling is going to get the devs to shut down the game and start over from scratch, being especially careful to consult with you at every step in the process to make sure their product meets your standards, whatever they may be?

And more to the point, even if they did that, given your history, would you still have anything positive to say? My guess is no. When the game you designed turned out to be a steaming pile of cow manure, and failed miserably in every way, you would blame everyone but yourself, and continue on with your endless trolling.

No one is ever going to make you happy, so why should they even bother trying? Your whole schtick is that you somehow have this twisted idea that it makes you look sexier, and more powerful, if all you have to offer is what you think are clever put downs, insults and criticisms with no suggestion of any reasonable alternative.

You are a troll, and very little you post has any value whatsoever...

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was excellent!!

I doubt Break Dancing was a part of Ultima Lore...and as long as it doesn't overpower any particular template...

I say we do this!!

:lol:

V

Victoria Navarre

YouTube - UO2

there we go - looks soooo wrong now
In this video it was showing martial arts moves.....if only we could have a true,legitimate,kung-fu or other martial arts dicipline template,and don't give me "we have wrestling". I would like to have a fist-fighter that does more than 2-6 base damage before resists come into play.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems there's been an awful grey cloud over the place lately.
Bump to lighten the mood a bit.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't know about anyone else, but it's been one hell of a rough winter where I live. I've got over 7 feet of snow piled up in my front yard, and it's snowing again today...

E

Evlar

It seems there's been an awful grey cloud over the place lately.
Bump to lighten the mood a bit.
Indeed, I would return if I could get my UO "Groove" again.

The ability to spontaneously break into some form of zany dance routine, even in the midst of a dangerous spawn location, used to provide great entertainment for players who used to go hunting with me. Especially when I always managed to pull off a well timed bow, just before the grey screen appeared.

*sigh*

:party:

F

Fayled Dhreams

shuffle to the left:spider:
:spider:shuffle to the right
now:talktothehand: stop

shuffle in place to the rhythm

Bump it UP!

now dance monkey DANCE
hotCha!!!

F

Fayled Dhreams

no?

Try this
[youtube]-n3t_P2jqDE[/youtube]

Still no? no "joy"?

IF you can >not move< nor smile ... on THIS one ...
[youtube]mhcdw0XhUJU[/youtube]

you need log out and nap ... :danceb: