• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please add dancing to the game! (Picture heavy)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this thread!! The bit with the thriller dance cracked me up. I knew it was coming before I clicked the spoiler link and it did not disappoint. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, just popping back in to show off another dancing picture! :)

Thanks once again for all the lovely comments! :)
Dancing makes everyone happy! :)
Come on Devs! Add dancing to the game! :)
After we rebuild Magincia we are going to want to party! And what kind of party will it be without dancing? :p
I do hope you're planning on using that as your sig.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are awesome :thumbup1:

Pretty, pretty please, Sakkarah? I can send you any amount of lush hand made lipbalm and soap and jewellery if you put dancing in the game!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell yes.... implement this now!!

My bow and salute macro keys are near destruction with the rapid-fire beating they take trying to create some form of dancing movements!

The first time I catch you dancing naked in the rain, there will be consequences!

W

woody_cats

now that skill i would enjoy training wonder is it can be a skill have to learn and train and not effect skill cap. I can see that big pvp guilds on chat now dance class training will begins in 10 minutes. hold on at the champ spawn will raid you in 5 minutes I need my .1 so i can macarena you

T

Trebr Drab

now that skill i would enjoy training wonder is it can be a skill have to learn and train and not effect skill cap. I can see that big pvp guilds on chat now dance class training will begins in 10 minutes. hold on at the champ spawn will raid you in 5 minutes I need my .1 so i can macarena you
I've always thought that there should be a range of skills that don't add to the skill cap. But the only one so far that I really felt should be in that outside group was camping. Now we have another one!

Add jumping too. You could use combat animations and allow us to jump over rivers and fences using teleport.

E

Evlar

Hell yes.... implement this now!!

My bow and salute macro keys are near destruction with the rapid-fire beating they take trying to create some form of dancing movements!

The first time I catch you dancing naked in the rain, there will be consequences!
Don't you worry, I'll keep the black Russian codpiece on, so everything stays where it needs to stay! :thumbup:

O

o Kraken o

He he awesome post! And well dancing monsters has done once in a somewhat NSFW, yet awesome game called: God Hand.

[youtube]OrRQnwv04NE[/youtube]

E

El Phantasmo

Simply one of the greatest posts I have ever read on Stratics!

Just AWESOME! Thanks for the smile and chuckle!:thumbup1:

L

Lady Lovely

Even though your post made me smile and keep reading...:lol:(love your dancing spoilers....too much!)
I have to say NO! please NO.....No more same same as WOW....... :rant2:

J

Jhym

A well deserved title, wear it well.

Of course, there would also be Dancing with the Stars. In the Star room, of course.

Or so you think you can dance...

*Your dancing is so infectious that the surrounding creatures can't resist and join you*
*Your dancing is so disturbing that the surrounding creatures die of laughter*

Oooooo ooooo the F-o-A dancers with special guests, doing the TimeLord.

:popcorn::party:

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome - hall of fame for sure :thumbup:

Your title is well deserved!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately it somewhat exceeds the 50kb size limit :(

However. Earlier this week I was asked about the old feature we used to have 'Pic of the week'. I'd planned to look into the possibilities after the weekend. This thread caused me to revise that plan.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Simply awesome. All hail, Lord of Dance. :bowdown:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

However. Earlier this week I was asked about the old feature we used to have 'Pic of the week'. I'd planned to look into the possibilities after the weekend. This thread caused me to revise that plan.
Yes it does. I just noticed that. Forget my suggestion then.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your all too kind! I feel like the smiley on the right! :smooch
So, to quote another wise woman who loves to dance. "Thank you very much. Have a seat. Owhooo! Thank you so much. Ooh. Thank you. I appriciate it so much and I say right back at ya."

I must of goofed something up to make it that large! I would love to use it as my sig but I'm not sure if it's possible to get it under 50kb :(

You guys need to stop giving me ideas!
Don't you worry, I'll keep the black Russian codpiece on, so everything stays where it needs to stay! :thumbup:

(I couldn't get the rain to show up in the game so I had to make my own, it's bad I know.)

hold on at the champ spawn will raid you in 5 minutes I need my .1 so i can macarena you
Hehe this is funny! :) How do you macarena someone? Oh, the horror! :lol:

I've always thought that there should be a range of skills that don't add to the skill cap. But the only one so far that I really felt should be in that outside group was camping. Now we have another one!

Add jumping too. You could use combat animations and allow us to jump over rivers and fences using teleport.
Yeah that would be great. They could of also made gardening one of those skills. You'd be unable to grow certain plants or be able to grow plants faster with higher skill. Staining could of been one too. Blocking out the more desirable and/or neon colors untill you work it up somehow. Slow down the newbies from looking so "L33t". Hehe. The possibilities for such a skill system would be endless. Those examples would probably turn out to be annoying though.

Plus, I think we'd be lucky if we even get one dance move. I don't think they are going to program 5 or more dance moves and make it a real skill. Though it would totally rock if they did! :)

Haha imagine if jumping was one of those skills. Everyone would be bunny hopping all over the place untill they reached GM! How annoying! :p

I think dancing and jumping would just be a simple thing to click such as toggling flying on and off.

Woah, I went way off topic in replying to that. Hold on let me put up another dancing picture.
Of course, there would also be Dancing with the Stars. In the Star room, of course.

Whew! There we go! Thread saved! :D

E

Elektra Rose

Haha Needed a smile! Great thread and I agree Hall of Fame worthy!!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
HAHAHAH!!! Oh THANK you for the laughs!

Reminds me of some of the early days when we made little .gif movies and posted them on our websites of UO exploits... I wonder if I still have some....

will be back tomorrow after I dig out the old computer and see if the harddrive still spins. ^.^

Oh, and GIMP is an awesome open-source program that will make animated gifs - you don't need Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks or ImageReady. ^.^

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet more fantasticness!

*goes off to find Evlar and show him what 'consequences' are*

T

Trebr Drab

Yeah that would be great. They could of also made gardening one of those skills. You'd be unable to grow certain plants or be able to grow plants faster with higher skill. Staining could of been one too. Blocking out the more desirable and/or neon colors untill you work it up somehow. Slow down the newbies from looking so "L33t". Hehe. The possibilities for such a skill system would be endless. Those examples would probably turn out to be annoying though.

Plus, I think we'd be lucky if we even get one dance move. I don't think they are going to program 5 or more dance moves and make it a real skill. Though it would totally rock if they did! :)

Haha imagine if jumping was one of those skills. Everyone would be bunny hopping all over the place untill they reached GM! How annoying! :p

I think dancing and jumping would just be a simple thing to click such as toggling flying on and off.
Yeah, you're right, it really doesn't need to be skills. I'd love to have just the simple toggles, action buttons, whatever.

Things like this make me wish they could make a good 3D version, with great artwork. It would make it all so much simpler. They could add true flight too, and allow us to scroll out the view to see around below us, although they wouldn't need 3D for that, but would need a new client or better EC.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! I almost spit coke all over my keyboard. This is the best post EVER! I just had this visual of Joe PVP flying out of the Yew moongate doing the Worm and knocking everyone off their mounts. Great stuff! :party:

*bows to the Lord of Dance*

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!

The simple things that just make us all happy.

*before the red kills him he breaks into the Y...M....C...A*

:popcorn:
What a lovely Valentines day gift. Don't you think?
(Double Click this ticket to learn how to dance)

Collect all the dance tickets you can!!!!

:heart:Trading YMCA for a Disco Stick Instructional Dance Card:heart:

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea OP!

In the first post, are those all existing animation sprites? New sprites might take a lot of time, but if they already exist, the devs might be able to splice together animations from different actions with a lot less effort.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stranger, thank you for giving so many people so much fun!!

*runs off to find dancin' shoes*

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you once again everyone for your sweet comments! :heart:

UO exploits
REPORTED!
Just kidding :D

HAHAHAH!!! Oh THANK you for the laughs!

Reminds me of some of the early days when we made little .gif movies and posted them on our websites of UO exploits... I wonder if I still have some....

will be back tomorrow after I dig out the old computer and see if the harddrive still spins. ^.^

Oh, and GIMP is an awesome open-source program that will make animated gifs - you don't need Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks or ImageReady. ^.^
I don't remember watching animated gif movies in the early days. (Was probably too busy playing and didn't read Stratics or websites!) I do remember watching some flash movies though. Those were awesome.
Did you dig out the old computer and find anything? Or is it dead? :sad4:
What are all those programs you named! :dunce: I used Microsoft gif animator! :mf_prop: Thanks for the tip though!

Yeah, you're right, it really doesn't need to be skills. I'd love to have just the simple toggles, action buttons, whatever.

Things like this make me wish they could make a good 3D version, with great artwork. It would make it all so much simpler. They could add true flight too, and allow us to scroll out the view to see around below us, although they wouldn't need 3D for that, but would need a new client or better EC.
Yeah, even though I love the 2D artwork I would love to see a great 3D client that keeps the look and feel of 2D. It's too bad they aren't able to create a great 3D client though. If they did they could make dozens of dance moves and hundreds of emote actions. It would be fantastic. Dancing, sitting, laying, juggling, jumping, and even hand stands! :p 3D could add so many fun things. But it looks like we're stuck with 2D.

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!

The simple things that just make us all happy.

*before the red kills him he breaks into the Y...M....C...A*

:popcorn:
What a lovely Valentines day gift. Don't you think?
(Double Click this ticket to learn how to dance)

Collect all the dance tickets you can!!!!

:heart:Trading YMCA for a Disco Stick Instructional Dance Card:heart:
Hehe that would be fun, but dancing shouldn't be a limited time only thing. Everyone should be able to dance! :) Plus, I am pretty sure doing the Disco Stick dance would get your account suspended, even if it was on Valentine's Day. :blushing:

Great idea OP!

In the first post, are those all existing animation sprites? New sprites might take a lot of time, but if they already exist, the devs might be able to splice together animations from different actions with a lot less effort.
Most of them are original and unedited.
The few I did edit are:
The female gargoyle. One frame is mirrored and I fiddled with the shadow a bit.
The YMCA guys clothing is edited, but the poses aren't.
The thriller has 4 edited pictures. The head tilt, the arms out, the shoulders up, and the neck turn. Plus I mirrored the leg drag.
The sitting guy is fake.
But, Lady Gaga was not edited at all believe it or not :lol:

Stranger, thank you for giving so many people so much fun!!

*runs off to find dancin' shoes*
Your welcome. I'm happy I was able to make so many people smile!
I hope you find your dancing shoes. Based on your avatar it would look a little something like this!

Adorable! :D

Hey, by the way, have you ever been to a kitty rave? The neon yarn drives them crazy!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course in an ideal world I'd be the sore sour jealous looser thats on the dark bin ; especially since I claim to be the stranger and that I actually do dance in RL...

and that long ago I did request that from origin...

and other stuff too.

But overall I liked the thread alot, although it made me more want to cry than anything else, it's all but your fault.

It... actually reminded me of the good old RA - Atlantic Mage Tower comics that everyone so conveniently lost.

And thats a good thing ! :heart:

L

lupushor

Respect. Best post i read in ages. You should open a disco-bar on your shard.

signed
Dirty Dan Sing of Atlantic.

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MAD RESEPCT!!! this is the best post i have ever read. if only it could implemented.....

Dance Request for Stranger ..... Napoleon Dynamite .... Nuff Said

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeaaah,

brilliant.
:danceb::danceb:

I can't uderstand how the heck I have managed to not see this for almost a week.

Yes,there should be a sticky hall of fame threads.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Dr Poth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow this is the first post on stratics in who know's how long that actually made me laugh. Kudos.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG! :love: I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!I love you!

:heart:I LOVE YOU!:heart: Stranger marry me!!!!! (J/K)

I can't remember when ever I've laughed so hard! :lol:

:smooch: TY!

I have a teesy-weensy suggestion...Counrty dancin'! Ya know like line dancin, the Boot Scootin' Boogie, Texas two-step and of course the Cotton-eyed Joe.

Devs PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put dancing in the game and I promise I'll never pancake and moan ever again!

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fantastic post. Should be stickied.

This is why I play this game, still. Horrible graphics, but it clearly does not matter!