• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please add dancing to the game! (Picture heavy)

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please add dancing to the game!

No, I'm serious!* Make it a real skill!

You could unlock a new dance move every 20 points!

0 = The Woah I'm Falling Over!

20 = The Squash The Bug

40 = The Running Man

60 = The Macarena
Sorry, picture unavailable! :thumbup1:

80 = The Robot
Use savage skin paint for the best effect!

100 = The YMCA

Imagine getting a group of 6 GM dancers to stand in a row!

And yes, it would be useful in PVM!

But seriously, it could distract monsters and lower their defense.
Or scare them and make them run away.
Or heck, make the monsters dance!
Like, imagine if you and your girlfriend just got done watching a movie at the local theater and all of a sudden a group of monsters surrounded you?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Or it could buff party members!
Or it could cause other players to start dancing too! This would be great during PVP! :lick:
Or you could dance for NPCs to earn gold! Don't beg, earn your gold! (Imagine the naturalists little clap/woohoo sound, LOL!)

Oh, and after we're done dancing we're going to need the ability to sit down!

Hahaha I can't draw but you get the idea!

*I am not actually serious! I mean, yes I want dancing in the game, but it doesn't have to be an actual skill or distract monsters, curse monsters, give buffs, or anything like that. I just want to be able to dance at EM events, the bank, during weddings, other special events, and in the privacy of my own home (Ala Risky Business).

As a wise woman once said, "Just dance, gonna be okay, da-da doo-doo mmm and just dance."

This post was brought to you by:

S

Smokin

You use to be able to Dance in 3D, heh was one of few things that was fun every once and awhile to do. It only showed though in 3D, if I remember right it just looked like you were falling in 2D.

Scooby_Snacks

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The Great Dragon is so horrified by your dancing it dies!" LOL what a great and funny post. LOVE it lol!

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You use to be able to Dance in 3D, heh was one of few things that was fun every once and awhile to do. It only showed though in 3D, if I remember right it just looked like you were falling in 2D.
I remember this, it was my favorite thing about the 3D client. I really wish they would add all those emotes back into the game. Even if it has to be Enhanced Client only. *shudders*

But of course they won't do it because it would be too many art files. *shakes fist*

C

canary

I too agree this is perhaps the best post EVER on stratics.

B

BeefSupreme

Best post ever!! People in the office are looking at me funny for laughing!

Dragon dying got me!

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, I would like to thank you all for the positive comments. At first I thought this thread was going to land me in the loony bin! I'm glad you all like it! :)

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You belong in the loony bin all right, but on the bright side of it :)

T

Trebr Drab

Woah, who made me the Lord of Dance? Hahaha that's funny! :)
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bQnF4QVruw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bQnF4QVruw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

E

Evlar

Hell yes.... implement this now!!

My bow and salute macro keys are near destruction with the rapid-fire beating they take trying to create some form of dancing movements!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Awesome!!! I've never laughed this hard after reading a UHall post. All hail the Lord of Dance!

-OBSIDIAN-

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I so remember dancing in 3d.... and "fainting" which I absolutely loved to do while in stairs.... it was sooo funny.

I loved all the emotes in 3d... Man I miss those...

Seriously love the idea...

I think we'll give you the 3 snaps in a Z formation for this one!

:ten::ten::eek:snap::eek:snap::eek:snap:

E

Evlar

Now if they could implement just some of those old 3d emotes in either of the clients...

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...all would be right with the world.

Nobody would complain about bugs anymore. They'd be having too much fun dancing, clapping, and ... falling down stairs.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too cast my vote for best post of 2010 and it isn't even the middle of January!

Brilliant!

:thumbup:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For PvP it could be like what happens to me in the twisted weild. The ememies armor falls off and they start dancing!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sakkarah, if you can make it so we can do the thriller dance with zombies, I'll mail you a puppy and some cupcakes.

S

siyeng0

Nothing to add, just seconding/thirding/#thing the "Most beautiful thing ever" vote.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*chuckles* I did not open this while at work. (work comp is stupid and slow)

It was worth the wait. *tips hat*

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hilarious! Awesome post! There should be an archive for awesome posts like this to preserve it. A sort of Stratics Post museum.

E

Eyes of Origin

That was just awesome! lol I would love to see dancing in UO!!
you definitely deserve the Stratics title ;)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That was just awesome! lol I would love to see dancing in UO!!
you definitely deserve the Stratics title ;)
I did not even notice the title till you pointed it out very appropriate
and great post to the OP:thumbup1:

U

uoBuoY

A couple of years ago I proposed some Barding special moves that would force the target to actually dance for a few seconds.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome Post!!!!!!

I used tolove the 3d dancing and fainting (especially the fainting slide across the front of brit bank).

Oh, and Black_Sun is going to bake some puppy cupcakes!!!! eeeewwwww.

Sakkarah, if you can make it so we can do the thriller dance with zombies, I'll mail you a puppy and some cupcakes.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahaha!

This thread needs to be a sticky!

How about some drunken dancing too?

N

Nh'bdy

Please add dancing to the game!

No, I'm serious!* Make it a real skill!

You could unlock a new dance move every 20 points!

0 = The Woah I'm Falling Over!

20 = The Squash The Bug

40 = The Running Man

60 = The Macarena
Sorry, picture unavailable! :thumbup1:

80 = The Robot
Use savage skin paint for the best effect!

100 = The YMCA

Imagine getting a group of 6 GM dancers to stand in a row!

And yes, it would be useful in PVM!

But seriously, it could distract monsters and lower their defense.
Or scare them and make them run away.
Or heck, make the monsters dance!
Like, imagine if you and your girlfriend just got done watching a movie at the local theater and all of a sudden a group of monsters surrounded you?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Or it could buff party members!
Or it could cause other players to start dancing too! This would be great during PVP! :lick:
Or you could dance for NPCs to earn gold! Don't beg, earn your gold! (Imagine the naturalists little clap/woohoo sound, LOL!)

Oh, and after we're done dancing we're going to need the ability to sit down!

Hahaha I can't draw but you get the idea!

*I am not actually serious! I mean, yes I want dancing in the game, but it doesn't have to be an actual skill or distract monsters, curse monsters, give buffs, or anything like that. I just want to be able to dance at EM events, the bank, during weddings, other special events, and in the privacy of my own home (Ala Risky Business).

As a wise woman once said, "Just dance, gonna be okay, da-da doo-doo mmm and just dance."

This post was brought to you by:
I love you.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, just popping back in to show off another dancing picture! :)

Thanks once again for all the lovely comments! :)
Dancing makes everyone happy! :)
Come on Devs! Add dancing to the game! :)
After we rebuild Magincia we are going to want to party! And what kind of party will it be without dancing? :p

O

Oppurtunity

Great post.

What photoshop program did you use for this? Stuff looks hot.